Credit Acceptance Employee Reviews

Pettyville..High School culture
FRONT END COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 10, 2017
It was a great place to work at first but smiling faces back stab the hardest!!..Very few Supervisors do actual work, too busy gossiping with each other..Very High School atmosphere..Certain Supervisors get attitude if you ask for assistance..People from Michigan get the best treatment..The minute you hit goal took many times they will find a way to take it from you..Too many snakes!
Pros
The benefits are good
Cons
You don't stay around long enough to enjoy them
Decent Employer
Part Time Collector (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 12, 2016
I've worked here 5 years now in collections and is a cool job! I've been in management at my former job for 15 years so the flexibility of this job is awesome! I come and go as I please! My supervisor is great and so is her manager. My only complaint is way too much monitoring!! One side by side a week with your supervisor, 2 team meetings a month and one town hall a month. ....too much!! The side by side's each week is redundant you talk about the same things over and over again.....how old are we? Now they are hiring any and everybody....be a little more particular about who you are hiring! STOP RAISING OUR BONUS OBJECTIVE!!!!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Raising bonus objective and the side by sides each week
There are quite a few activities for employees
Paid account specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield MichiganNovember 23, 2016
Advancement is very hard and seems most times as almost impossible. Myself along with most individuals can stay within a one year time span applying for almost 10 jobs being qualified and not getting them gives the impression that one is being blocked not just myself with speaking with other co-workers this seems to be the feel most times in the office.
Pros
Very flexible work hours
Cons
Once you're in a department you cannot get out.
Not so bad place to work
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 19, 2016
Work hours is quite flexible. Good benefit. Decent salaryand various bonuses(10~15%). People are nice. Small to medium size IT. Pretty fast paced working style. Company looks doing good in business. IT management is so so. They focus on day to day operation and resolving tickets. Termination is ruthless. No heads up or notice. Lots of GPTW activities. Lots of training opportunities.
Pros
People, Money, Flexible
Cons
IT managment
Ghetto flexible call center
Collector (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 21, 2016
It was a good environment to work util the work flow got slow then they started firing people left to right for stuff they been doing but all of a sudden your getting let go with a lame excuse it's a ghetto call center to be exact the supervisor their all they do is talk about the reps and then throw the rep under the bus to be fired I use to love working their but was in a better place when I departed from them. The only good thing is that flexibility with the schedule!!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Ghetto environment
Was a great place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 30, 2016
I have been working at credit acceptance for some years it was a great place to work with job culture and flexibility. The supervisor is terrible my own supervisor smiled in my face and worked against me. The company does have some nice employees, great activities and parties.
Pros
Money, people and flexible
Cons
Credit reporting supervisors they lie and deceive you.
not a great place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 15, 2016
This place is a comple fraud with the whole GREAT PLACE TO WORK motto... it is not and if youre not trying to be fake friendly and kiss up to your supervisors (like don't go to your supervisors baby shower) you will be fired 2 weeks later
Pros
Cons
fake nosey people and the superviors that lie and deceive you
Flexible hours and benefits for part time employees.
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 19, 2016
The flexible scheduling with the company is amazing. The company had great employees with just ok leadership. Each department is different, even as far as workplace culture and micromanaging. The customers interactions are often negative.
Great Company to work for
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 25, 2016
Credit acceptance is one of the best company in which I have worked for. Expectations are very clear with the organization which are the following:

*Expected is to be on the phone Outbound/Inbound calls 90% of the day.
*To encourage past due customer to bring their accounts current asap.
*To meet or exceed departmental goal on a month to month basis.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling such as none in the industry
Cons
Not much opportunity to grow within the organization, main site is in southfield michigan.
Becareful its not a great place tp work
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 6, 2016
They lure you in with all these benefits but they are really petty and sneaky. Don't miss team meetings and don't go negative in your PTO. Do your work and go home. If you don't show PRIDE you could be at risk of being fired. Its like being in highschool. They are back stabbers and manipulators. My own supervisor smiled in my face and worked against me. NEVER EVER AGAIN.
Typical collections job, if you work hard you are rewarded.
Internal Collector (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 19, 2016
Nine hour days with an hour lunch break. Solely spent on a dialer system. If you are in your seat doing your job you will make commission. Time is needed to build your route. Co workers are very friendly and the entire company is very inviting. My current supervisor is one of the best I have every had. Break room with ping pong table, basketball and arcade games.
Pros
Cons
12-8 and 11-7 shifts for beginners
Great Place to Work
Market Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2016
It truly is a great place to work. I love the grind of working and doing it in a way where I'm the boss of my day. Learned so much in sales due to the outstanding training they provide and continued education you receive at different events.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Lots to learn in a short amount of time
Productive Workplace with
Assisting dealers (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of signing into your computer, bringing up the work queue and working till its gone. I learned how to be a more effective team member when trying to clear out the work queue and cleaning up the dealers deals. Management usually consisted of monitoring further info to make the day move faster. The hardest part of the job was when work ran out trying to make sure that you remained productive. The most enjoyable part of the job is when they celebrated all the different holidays and special family events
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Healthcare, no job security
Great Place
Front End Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2017
Credit Acceptance is an amazing place of employment. It is a great work environment and amazing management. You can make plenty of money and have fun doing it.
Great Place to Work
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 11, 2016
Culture is great. They really take care of their employees and really value their input. Supervisors and Managers work with you and want to see you do well. Would recommend
FRONT END COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 23, 2016
Credit Acceptance is a great place to work and i enjoy the benefits of working there. The flexible work schedule is great for working mothers. Great benefits for the entire family.
Good Place to Work
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 15, 2016
A great place to work as a transitional job or part time or looking for a stepping stone. Would not recommend for a full time career choice. More like a slave culture environment.
Ok
Front End Collector (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 30, 2016
A Cool place to work until politics come into play which is always a bad thing in the work place. Be aware of a supervisor or shall we say mistie overhead
Pros
Hours
Cons
Mistie overhead
Redemption Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIle,January 11, 2017
Working at Credit Acceptance was great, enjoyable, fun. The company is more like a family. I would go back to Credit Acceptance.
One of the world's more admired companies
Collections Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 11, 2016
I love working for the Credit Acceptance family. I feel appreciated, respected and able to grow within the company.
Credit Acceptance is # 30 on the great places to work list. It is a company that helps build customer credit worthiness.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Acceptance. Our community is ready to answer.