Credit Acceptance Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time
customer service (Former Employee), Henderson NVAugust 8, 2015
This was a horrible company to work for. The bosses are never on the same page and rarely follow through on anything. If you aren't a favorite you are doomed there.
inconsistent policies
Loan Collector (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 5, 2015
loved the people I worked with and my job, however some issues with consistency with policies on gaming. there were employees who suffered in performance ultimately leading to termination. this happened due to other employees gaming the system by stealing; payment arrangements from other collectors to boost their own performance numbers. Gaming was supposed to be automatic termination, however very few of those gaming the system were terminated even when proof of such gaming was provided.
great co.
Senior Repossession Specialist (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 4, 2015
Pros: training program
Cons: room for advancement
Great pace to work. Teammates great to work with. Good days very busy,always received feedback. fun days for employees.
Credit Acceptance is a place that I enjoy coming to work everyday. The people are friendly and it is a laid back environment.
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 2, 2015
I come to work with a positive attitude knowing that our customers rely on us providing them with the best customer service. I have learned a lot working in the insurance field. The difference between having full coverage and liability insurance. Being able to make sure claims are settled within a timely manner. The hardest part of the job is making sure i can get the customers to cooperate to tuRn in the necessary paperwork in order for insurance companies to pay Credit Acceptance.
ACCESS –is a web based application, application will allow clients to apply for benefits and to check the status of their benefits, and report changes
Sr. J2EE Developer (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 28, 2015
• Involved in requirements gathering, analysis and design and in development of
Account Management and loan intake screens using J2EE using springs and Hibernate.
• Worked with Business Analyst and Architect in requirement Analysis and prepared detailed software requirement document.
• Used JQuery and JSF framework for front end validations.
• Implemented Spring MVC framework for developing – more... J2EE based web application.
• Involved in the development of Spring Beans and POJOs.
• Mapping domain objects to tables using hibernate mapping xml.
• Created and injected spring services, spring controllers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection and to wire objects of business classes.
• Spring was used for its MVC features, dependency injection, its AOP and its plug-ability with Hibernate.
• Hibernate was used for Object Relational mapping with Ms-SQL database.
• Integrated Spring and Hibernate ORM framework for persistence and used Hibernate Dao Support with Hibernate Template to access the data.
• Used SVN for version control of the code and configuration files. Log4j was used to log the events in the application.
• Involved in Units integration, bug fixing and User acceptance testing with test cases. – less
Flexibility
Front End Collector (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMay 19, 2015
Love the flexibility for full and part timeers. Peer recognition is amazing...good environment. Not customer service, this is collections
Great company, Good work schedules
Front End Collector (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMay 13, 2015
Great company, good benefits, Fantastic pay, Just again, it is a call center and there was no place for advancement..They only have two positions, customer care and collections..And again, not able to use all the skills that I have accomplished
Beware tenured supervisor
Repossession (Former Employee), Southfield,MichiganApril 27, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Repossession supervisors and management
Front end collections is the best place to work and there has been alot of changes. Repossession is not the place to be. The tenured supervisors in Repossession are not compassionate nor empathetic to family circumstances. Watch your back, you nay get fired if you do the job better than the supervisor. Don't ask too many questions though. Then you'll be considered incompetent because the training isn't up to par.
Supervisors would ride you and stress you out.
This used to be a great place to work. Too many changes but not for the good.
Learned the importance of Customer Service
Collections Associate (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 5, 2015
Always had to stay on the phones and dialer in order to meet the monthly goal

I learned that the actual people that does the work should be heard by management as everyone can learn together.

The hardest part of the job was traveling the distance and getting use to all the changes that was approaching
Great Place to work
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 1, 2015
A typical day of work for me was to interact with the Dealer Partners of the company for financing purposes. I learned very good time management and multitasking skills, which I have been able to consistently use. Management was excellent, they were always involved making sure as an employee I (we) were all getting what we needed as and employee as well as making it a comfortable environment to work – more... in. My coworkers were all a joy to work with, true we as a team had issues as all coworkers do, but because we all were always able to have a one on one with supervisors and management were where able to always come to a conclusion to get the job done as a team. The hardest part of my job was talking and typing in the beginning, but as time went on and with practice it all came together. The most enjoyable part of my job, was that Credit Acceptance was alway involved in the community and that was important to me they cared about people. – less
Fun place to work, game room, wonderful staff
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 7, 2014
Pros: lunch, breaks, games, staff, building, location
Cons: turn over rate
Overall this has been one of the best places that i have worked. Excellent staff easy going environment, and growth at this company is unlimited.
Productive, Fun Place to Work
Collector (Current Employee), Southfield MIOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: it was a part time position.
Typical work day answering incoming calls, I learned effective collector Skills. Management is great, co-workers are wonderful.
Unpredictable
Auction Coordinator/Auction Remarketing Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: community outreach.
Cons: unpredictability.
We traveled a lot in my departement. Starting out i was required to travel 20% as part of my expectation. It was raised without notice to more than 40% travel. That said, It is a good company overall.
The restaurant environment can be quite exciting.
Collections Rep (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 14, 2014
I got along with all my co-workers. Everyone was very support and willing to help out. I loved helping the customers enjoy their evening.
Credit Acceptance
Sr. Windows Admin/ Sr. Citrix Administrator (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: laid back environment until something breaks.
Cons: greed motivated company which isn't bad but, they pay very well.
High level engineers.

High Stress.

Morally deprived company.

No credit, bad credit, ok credit they will give you a loan...
The people at Credit Acceptance are the best part of the job.
Title Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, quarterly fun days
Cons: management does not like to take suggestions from workers
There does not seem to be a clear set of guidelines for the workforce in the title department. There is a different set of rules for different people.
good company, but not great
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 23, 2014
good company, but not great good company, but not great good company, but not great
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Collector (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJune 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks, favoritism, poor moral, employees are treated like kindergardners and robots.
Take countless inbound and outbound calls like a robot for the whole 8 hr shift. All the company is concerned with is you COLLECTING MONEY for them. No room for advancement or cross training into other departments. Dead end type of job. The job had no meaning because the company does not hold their customers accountable for paying late or for breaking their payment arrangements. I often felt like I – more... worked for a "SWEAT SHOP". Management & supervisors are big fakes. Most are arrogant and act like they care about their employees but they'll throw you and anyone else under the bus. Co workers were okay, most loyal and hardworking: but UNDER PAID. The company used to have a solid bonus and profit sharing structure but recently, they've began to chip away at that so it's more profitable for the company & less for the employees. SAD. Hardest part of the job is working on that god awful auto dialer for 8 hours and having your supervisor tell you not to take your break so that you could meet UTL goals for the month. The only thing I enjoyed was if you made the top team for the month, you got to attend a outing/lunch company paid for. Staying there 2 years was a total waste of my time. I'm so glad and relieved to be out of there. – less
Flexible place to work
Front End Collections Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: non supportive in family emergency
In a normal day, calls would be made to collect on past due auto loans. I learned a lot in respect to how collections can be made and how to show compassion. My coworkers were great and I enjoyed working with the people there. The hardest part of the job is the attitude of most consumers. I did enjoy the ability to be able to help the customers.
Customer Service Representative
customer service Representative (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMay 22, 2014
Pros: everyone was very friendly. overall, a great place to work.
Cons: cons: poor management
Typical day: Taking inbound, outbound calls 90+days
Learned: Credit card collections, solving and negotiating arrangement
Management: Worked with several supervisors, all whom were very
easy to work with and approach
Hardest part: Having to leave the company
Most enjoyable: Working with great people