Credit Suisse Employee Reviews

No work life balance
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 20, 2016
I suppose it is a good place for entry level folks, but there is no career potential after that. The minimum is 3 years before even eligible for promotion. Expect to work 10 to 12 hour days. Financial systems are terribly deficient so the manual work arounds take a lot of time. The only good thing is the benefits are better than most. Also, the RTP locations are given last priority over oversees locations and NY in terms of budget.
Pros
great heath benefits, overtime and paid time off
Cons
terrible work life balance, long work days
No advancement
Data Warehouse Architect / Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
In order to advance you have to leave the company and come back at a higher position. People less qualified hired new have a better salary and position. Manage often used the F word at night support. Useless steps to put things into production. However at night support people sometimes made major changes. These changes were not reviewed next day and were not put in source control.
Pros
No micro amnagement
Cons
No advancement
Crediti Suisse is a very enjoyable place to work
Senior Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Credit Suisse organization has customer focus and strong focused attention to its employs. It is highly competitive and does offer the work life balance The benefits are very agreeable.
Pros
good location
Cons
Healthcare and 401k plans are above par
Good Place to Start. Don't get stuck. Politics are cruical
Banking Operations - Prime Asset Movements (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 29, 2016
Part of ~10 person team, most teams are split from NY office and there is little room for advancement in that direction.

Lateral mobility is the best way to quickly move up in this office of the company.

Hardest part about the job is 8-6 and no push for development. Only time hard work is noticed when 50% of the team leaves and you get a cash bonus...

First team I've seen that would defend mistakes to clients and work 1 on 1 to develop you as an employee.
Pros
Good benefits package. Good healthcare and dental.
Cons
Poor work conditions, dusty and hard to get office supplies, Worst part is resources are not equitable, based on office politics
This is a repeated company
CIMT (Current Employee) –  RTP NCDecember 12, 2016
I am not sure why but this is the second time that I have been asked to review credit Suisse as a company.
All information that was previously provided can be used for this answer as well.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Already answered previously
Great Benefits
Executive Assistant-Investment Banking Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I worked at this company for many years. It was a good company with great benefits. Good times and made wonderful friends.
Benefits
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
A typical day required researching, analyzing different accounts.Speed and accuracy inputting of DTC accounts. Phenomenal team work with other co workers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
N/A
Great employer.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2016
Credit Suisse was a great employer. Great 401 K match, profit sharing benefits and work life balance. Greatly benefited professionally by learning from smart technical team members.
Stressful and intimidating workplace.
Product Controller (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 11, 2017
As a resent graduate I was beyond excited to join the Credit Suisse team. As an young and energetic person with a lot of potential I was hoping this is the right first step in building my career with them. Unfortunately, very soon after joining the Product Control Department I realized that the culture and atmosphere in the office is not very welcoming. The procedures of how to do the job and actual training were almost non-existing, you were expected to find your own way and push buttons and not ask questions. The software systems and the databases/shared drives used always had issues on a daily basis and when you have strict deadlines it is very difficult to chase, make phone calls and resolve a problem with IT in the time you need which adds more to the stress and the dissatisfaction of the job overall. The collaboration in the team I was placed in was under critical level and I could not believe such environment could exist within the actual good name of the Bank. Management was unapproachable and arrogant. If there is no communication and interest to help each other, then how would the team go forward and be proud of its achievements? "Everybody for themselves" attitude is not acceptable in today's world and definitely not a place I would want to be a part of.
Pros
Maternity leave 20 weeks paid, big office space
Cons
Lack of communication, collaboration, team building exercises, training.
great bank
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2016
Very work/life balance bank. Great people as well. You can learn a lot from senior management. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work on a very difficult project with leaders and managers.
Great place to start career
Strategy Analyst, COO - Strategy & Execution (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
Great place to start your career.
Amazing work life balance.
Limited growth opportunities given current environment.
Good place
Analyst, Strategic Risk Management (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 15, 2016
Good environment, work-life balance isn't bad, I worked with some bright colleagues from all over the world. IT systems were terrible and support wasn't very good.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Low salary/comp increases
Discombombulated Operating Model but Postive Culture
Vice President, Global Markets (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2016
As CS begins the 2nd year under its new CEO, the firm is still shifting its course in new directions. With that transition, communication and clarity on responsibilities and objectives have been lacking.

Notwithstanding the headwinds of reorganizing, Credit Suisse has maintained and continuously promotes a positive culture. Respect and tolerance is practiced throughout the bank, and the firm always encourages and supports its employees to engage philanthropic activities.
Pros
Organized charitable events, great location in midtown
Cons
Non-existent work/life balance
Independent Working Environment
Banking Operations Specialist - Asset Servicing (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2015
One of the greatest qualities of Credit-Suisse is the level of independence the firm provides its employees. I was responsible for many projects such as the Daily Capacity Model, USD Wire Matching, Manual Compensation Transaction accounting, and was the liaison for compensation for individual counter-party payment for high volume clients. As a result, I became incredibly knowledgeable in my field. I also networked with many different contacts across not only the financial market, but the world.

I greatly enjoyed my success at Credit-Suisse, but I am also eager to continue to explore new opportunities that will further develop my career.
Solid company but politics and advancement is tough.
Business Continuity Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
On a personal level, some of the best people I've ever worked for and alot of laughs and memories working here.

I think the management needs more traning in how to develop and mentor their teams. Too many people getting ahead by playing favorites and not by doing the work. 360 reviews should be put back in place to ensure more feedback across the groups and not just senior-subordinate. The work is fine, a little mind-numbing at times but such is the regulatory environment the company is in.

Morale as a whole has dropped across the bank due to decreased comensation, staff reductions and no consistent growth strategy. Hopefully under the new leadership things will improve.
Pros
Salary, Work/Life Balance (At mgmt descretion), vacation time.
Cons
Older remote capabilities, too many layers of management, slow advancement
Ok for the pay
Payroll and Benefits Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 4, 2016
The compensation plan is good, but the red tape is miles long. If you are not working in one of the major hubs you are seen as inferior.
productive environment
Banking Operations Specialist- Settlements (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 23, 2016
Overall great company; friendly employees, eager to learn and improve performances, abillity to have a work life balance.
Good company/smart people
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
Good company, smart people, and good work life balance. Lots of organizational changes. Navigating office politics can be a challenge
Large global bulge bracket bank in transition
Vice President Equity Trading (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
Large global bulge bracket bank in big transition. New unproven leadership. Focused on cost cutting. Opportunity for junior employees to learn and get training but no loyalty to employees. Low job security.
productive
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  NEW YORKAugust 1, 2016
Good experience and I enjoyed a lot while working as the environment was very good.

When I was working there I was very good at that time as it was the best time I ever find in the world.
Pros
experienced
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Suisse. Our community is ready to answer.