Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse United States Employee Reviews

I started in credit risk management and got on a desk
Corporate Bond Sales Assistant (Former Employee), new york, NYApril 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch and cab home if you worked past 9
First of all, European banks in general have much better benefits than their American counterparts. CSFB actually had a program that if you were an employee for 7-10 years you could take a paid 6 month sabbatical.......That was just mind blowing. I believe that program has been stopped but still the work environment was great. The lobby in the building is probably one of the most beautiful in Manhattan. I started as a temp in the credit risk management department which was the polar opposite of trading. I was able to work very hard, made friends on the floor and actually got an operational job on the corporate desk. Once I was there I felt getting in a trading seat was only a matter of time. The only reason I left was because they took our department off the floor and into a cube.
Poor
Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Convenient location
Cons: Poorly organized and managed workplace
No management plan everything was done by firedrill. Staff did not work together well.

Workers were not appreciated and there was no overall roadmap or vision for the program
Worst job ever
Foreign Exchange Operations (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: comp
I was in FX Ops and it was very limiting, no advancement opportunity. Would not recommend to anyone. There was not a lot of opportunity to really do anything at all.
Structured and Work Driven
Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2015
It is a places where day to day you work with a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff. New training and events are offered weekly to get the employees involved with company and the community. Most individuals are very personable and willing to carry on when the workload allows.
great workplace with smart and caring people
SRM (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Great exposure to various aspects of risk management. Excellent opportunity to learn different things as long as you demonstrate you can take on as much responsibility as you can handle.
Best place to learn more about application troubleshooting
Global Support Analyst (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: freedom to solve issues on your own.
Cons: very rigorus schedule to deal with.
Working at Credit Suisse provided me greater knowledge in application troubleshooting using remote access tools. The Global Support Desk team supported each other with issues and questions. The management were able to assist with major issues and new developments as issues occurs.
Some of the things learned were troublshooting MS Outlook, Office, and Lync as well as a variety of other applications using remote access.
The best thing about the job was enjoying talking to co-workers and colleagues during down time. The hardest thing about the job is working a four day 10 hour shift back to back with very little rest in between.
Typical day would be getting logged on 15-20 minutes before taking calls to review emails, schedules, tickets, Network updates. Start taking calls, chats, emails, from internal clients successfully. Resolve or escalate tickets throughout the day.
Fun and awesome
Global Business Analyst (Current Employee), RaleighMarch 7, 2015
Pros: nice desk space
Cons: long breaks
Productive work place, which is intellectually stimulating. A new challenge everyday. Never been around a group of such ambitious clowns.
Great Place
Vice President, Lead Business Architect (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: vacation
Cons: politics
The most enjoyable part is the people you work with. I typical day starts with working globally. Fun to learn and grow. I enjoyed the long hours and market average pay.
Great team
Vice President/Trader, Securities Lending Desk (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Working with this team has been a pleasure. We have had the same team for 9 years. I consider them friends more than co-workers. As a team we are unstoppable.
Productive workplace
Investment Banking Program Training Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Fast-paced work environment. Smart, innovative, and down-to-earth employees. Room for growth and mobility and dedication to overall mission.
International Bank
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: advanced technology
Cons: downsizing and job relocation
Able to move within Operations. Attention to detail, diligence, perseverance and people skills required. Due to the size of the institution, one had to take initiative and adapt to new technology, regulatory requirements and job skills.
Great company
Client Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many layoffs
Great place to work. They are really good for working moms and for further educational advancement. Amazing colleagues. Company is concerned about the well being of the workers and create events for wellness. I enjoyed working in the Fixed Income department and the job was satisfying. Would work there again.
Fantastic company, great team and impressive management
EMEA Events and Marketing Manager, Campus (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: variation of role, small team, responsibility, business relationships
Cons: contracting is only short term, no holiday pay, miss out on thins
As a contractor I have a varied role from managing small events, to running assessment days abroad to marketing. My days are busy but filled wtih multiple tasks and processes.
I have learned a lot at Credit Suisse, mostly about investment banking on a global scale and the way in which the recruitment process works. I have access to the business, some of them at CEO level and I enjoy working with them closely. My managment team here are fantastic, encouraging and always willing to discuss new opportunities and be helpful.
My co-workers are great, we are all a similar age and we get on very well, always supporting each other in everything. As my role is quite diverse I get to mix with the whole team, working on many different workstreams, something I greatly enjoy.
The hardest part of my job is managing the business on assessment centre days as they can be flaky and late which puts the whole day off balance. Nonetheless, they are always friendly and I am quick to solve problems and adapt to situtaions under pressure.
My most enjoyable part of the role is working with my team and working on a variety of projects - every day is different!
Productive and fun workplace
Head of Business Architecture (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Credit Suisse has a lot of smart people and it was fun working with them. It is a great company. I have not met so many competent people in a company.
Great culture for top producers; very challenging for up and comers
Relationship Manager - Private Banking (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2015
A typical day at work consists of either working to schedule meetings (building prospect lists, cold calling, sending emails) or traveling to visit clients, prospective clients and other centers of influence (such as trust and estate attorneys, accountants, investment bankers, etc.)

I learned a lot about investments and optimal asset allocation for a variety of different types of investors. I also learned to be bold, to be comfortable in front of powerful, wealthy people, to have thicker skin in terms of handling constant rejection.

Management was fine given their task of driving salespeople to be more assertive, but it was definitely lacking in terms of fostering a culture of growth, and in terms of developing a lasting business model whereby young people have a good chance of long term success. The turnover within our organization is astronomical, and I'm becoming convinced that the younger relationship managers like myself exist simply to connect the more senior advisors with wealthy people before failing in the role and moving onto other careers.

My co-workers are fine, but the organization is structured in such a way that each team is really running its own business, so there isn't a lot of camaraderie across the office.

The hardest part of my job i the constant rejection, and the fact that the vast majority of my outbound correspondence goes unanswered.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting with clients and prospective clients, and hearing their interesting life and career stories. I love when I am tasked with providing a proposed solution to their wealth management situation. I think of it as a problem solving exercise, and I believe that I am among the best in my office at taking not these challenges when I have the chance to do so.
working under high pressure and often demanding conditions.
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 3, 2015
working under high pressure and often demanding conditions.
Regulatory/tight deadlines. working under high pressure and often demanding conditions.
Fun at work
Lead Developer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Worked on integration between GDS and GDD application (JMS and JAX-WS).
• Built JAX-WS web service (SOAP) for GMAX system to send traveler's invoice xml.
• Created Quartz job schedulers to pull PNR xml from GDS.
• Implemented role based authentication using Spring Security for Counselor portal.
• Built RESTful APIs to interact with internal disparate systems.
• Create pom xmls for Maven build.
• Worked on Spring MVC to build traveler portal.
• Implemented logging using Log4j and SLF4j frameworks.
• Offshore assignments and follow ups.
production and fun at the same time
Program Manager/project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: work and life balance
Cons: long hours
The camaraderie among employees are good. Long hours spend at work but with free dinner and free taxi cab.
Goood
Front office Developer, Equity (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Nice place to work. People work there 10 years on average. Credit Suisse is good. Well, but most of the people there in my group is consultant around 75%. Chances of getting full time is low.
Average Place to work
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros- Bulge bracket firm on wall street with good opportunities. Cons- lower level employees are not cared for. Lots of red tape in the company and internal movement is not easy. Have to go through many loops and recruiters.

1 2 3 4 5

About Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse (USA) is one of the top US investment banks, offering advisory services on mergers and acquisitions, raising capital, – Read more

Credit Suisse Salaries