Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Investment Banking Program Training Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Fast-paced work environment. Smart, innovative, and down-to-earth employees. Room for growth and mobility and dedication to overall mission.
International Bank
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: advanced technology
Cons: downsizing and job relocation
Able to move within Operations. Attention to detail, diligence, perseverance and people skills required. Due to the size of the institution, one had to take initiative and adapt to new technology, regulatory requirements and job skills.
Great company
Client Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many layoffs
Great place to work. They are really good for working moms and for further educational advancement. Amazing colleagues. Company is concerned about the well being of the workers and create events for wellness. I enjoyed working in the Fixed Income department and the job was satisfying. Would work there again.
Fantastic company, great team and impressive management
EMEA Events and Marketing Manager, Campus (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: variation of role, small team, responsibility, business relationships
Cons: contracting is only short term, no holiday pay, miss out on thins
As a contractor I have a varied role from managing small events, to running assessment days abroad to marketing. My days are busy but filled wtih multiple tasks and processes.
I have learned a lot at Credit Suisse, mostly about investment banking on a global scale and the way in which the recruitment process works. I have access to the business, some of them at CEO level and I enjoy working with them closely. My managment team here are fantastic, encouraging and always willing to discuss new opportunities and be helpful.
My co-workers are great, we are all a similar age and we get on very well, always supporting each other in everything. As my role is quite diverse I get to mix with the whole team, working on many different workstreams, something I greatly enjoy.
The hardest part of my job is managing the business on assessment centre days as they can be flaky and late which puts the whole day off balance. Nonetheless, they are always friendly and I am quick to solve problems and adapt to situtaions under pressure.
My most enjoyable part of the role is working with my team and working on a variety of projects - every day is different!
Productive and fun workplace
Head of Business Architecture (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Credit Suisse has a lot of smart people and it was fun working with them. It is a great company. I have not met so many competent people in a company.
Great culture for top producers; very challenging for up and comers
Relationship Manager - Private Banking (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2015
A typical day at work consists of either working to schedule meetings (building prospect lists, cold calling, sending emails) or traveling to visit clients, prospective clients and other centers of influence (such as trust and estate attorneys, accountants, investment bankers, etc.)

I learned a lot about investments and optimal asset allocation for a variety of different types of investors. I also learned to be bold, to be comfortable in front of powerful, wealthy people, to have thicker skin in terms of handling constant rejection.

Management was fine given their task of driving salespeople to be more assertive, but it was definitely lacking in terms of fostering a culture of growth, and in terms of developing a lasting business model whereby young people have a good chance of long term success. The turnover within our organization is astronomical, and I'm becoming convinced that the younger relationship managers like myself exist simply to connect the more senior advisors with wealthy people before failing in the role and moving onto other careers.

My co-workers are fine, but the organization is structured in such a way that each team is really running its own business, so there isn't a lot of camaraderie across the office.

The hardest part of my job i the constant rejection, and the fact that the vast majority of my outbound correspondence goes unanswered.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting with clients and prospective clients, and hearing their interesting life and career stories. I love when I am tasked with providing a proposed solution to their wealth management situation. I think of it as a problem solving exercise, and I believe that I am among the best in my office at taking not these challenges when I have the chance to do so.
working under high pressure and often demanding conditions.
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 3, 2015
working under high pressure and often demanding conditions.
Regulatory/tight deadlines. working under high pressure and often demanding conditions.
Fun at work
Lead Developer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Worked on integration between GDS and GDD application (JMS and JAX-WS).
• Built JAX-WS web service (SOAP) for GMAX system to send traveler's invoice xml.
• Created Quartz job schedulers to pull PNR xml from GDS.
• Implemented role based authentication using Spring Security for Counselor portal.
• Built RESTful APIs to interact with internal disparate systems.
• Create pom xmls for Maven build.
• Worked on Spring MVC to build traveler portal.
• Implemented logging using Log4j and SLF4j frameworks.
• Offshore assignments and follow ups.
production and fun at the same time
Program Manager/project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: work and life balance
Cons: long hours
The camaraderie among employees are good. Long hours spend at work but with free dinner and free taxi cab.
Goood
Front office Developer, Equity (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Nice place to work. People work there 10 years on average. Credit Suisse is good. Well, but most of the people there in my group is consultant around 75%. Chances of getting full time is low.
Average Place to work
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros- Bulge bracket firm on wall street with good opportunities. Cons- lower level employees are not cared for. Lots of red tape in the company and internal movement is not easy. Have to go through many loops and recruiters.
Large bank that afforded me many opportunities
Senior Analyst, Investments (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed me experience at CS and thought it provided me with the proper building blocks for having a future in finance.
Lack of direction
Investment Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2015
No direction from senior management. High level of staff turn over.
nice area
Foreign Exchange Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
the area in which the credit suisse new york headquarters are located is generally a nice area. there are many opportunities to network and there are good post-employment benefits for working at credit suisse. the people working at credit suisse are bright.
Cutting edge in emerging markets.
Director/Sr. Vice-President, EM Fixed Income Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
CS had to play catch up, but ultimately became a powerhouse in fixed income emerging markets. Its success was a function of exceptional risk management and access to dependable local market expertise.
Begining
Developer/Lead/Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, NYJanuary 5, 2015
It is the place where I started working and learnt. Good people to help.
excellent benefits and extremely high compensation
bond trader, managing director (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 31, 2014
great individuals with a lot of team work.great benefits with great vacation time .the job was highly stressful because you were daily trading billion dollar positions.i had an unlimited expense account and was encouraged to entertain oter traders
As a contractor I had the privilege of working closely with the Executive team.
CONSULTANT (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: open to brainstorming and out of the box thinking.
Cons: extremely cliquish.
Great exposure to corporate hierarchy and the finance world. Open to out of the box thinking. Lack diversity and they're extremely cliquish.
Interesting
ISDA Master Agreements Specialist (Current Employee), New YorkDecember 1, 2014
Interesting place to work if you are willing to learn and work hard. People are nice and work/life balance is very good. Not very happy with management of the group I am right now, but, I think it is an isolated case. Co-workers are ok.
review
Margin analyst (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: uplifting atmospere
I am proud to have been a part of a team of colleagues and management that were supportive at increasing my escalation to success.

1 2 3 4 5

About Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse (USA) is one of the top US investment banks, offering advisory services on mergers and acquisitions, raising capital, – Read more