Credit Union 1

Credit Union 1 Employee Reviews

Great company, good benefits, caring staff
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Rantoul, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
A typical day at work starts off balancing the daily cash for each branch location. This consists of data entry, verifying cash shipments, and following up with the branch location if there are any discrepancies. Once this is done, I work on top priorities which can vary daily. Generally, I balance any ATM's, verify replenishments, withdrawals and residuals. When those are up to date, I continue my day working on entering and cutting any Accounts Payable checks that need to go out for the day. By mid-morning I work on any payrolls that have been sent to us in the mail. I post them, set up new payrolls, and send any back that have a closed account. Throughout the day, I can get new ATM's to balance or more A/P checks to issue. I also balance the general ledger for the payrolls that are received. This is done each day for the previous day.

I work well with all my co-workers. We have to work closely together to solve any problems because each of us may have hand in helping to balance a general ledger. For example, one employee will post all usage for an ATM, while a separate employee posts any residuals and replenishments and a third employee can post an over/short discrepancy. If there is an issue, I will have to communicate with one or all of them to figure out a solution.

The hardest part of my job is attempting to balance an ATM where the currency company is not fufulling their end of the deal, whether it be reporting balances incorrectly or not replenishing the ATM in a timely manner. When this happens, this can play a part in the general ledger being incorrect or I may not be able to balance the ATM.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can work through a challenging problem, working with my co-workers and coming up with a solution. If Accounting were easy, everyone would do it. The job requires patience and the ability to work well with others and problem solving skills.
Office Work Financial Advisor
Loan Processor/Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2014
Pros: give customer financial freedom
Cons: employees not valued
Answering phone calls, managing time, scheduling appointments solving customer financial problems and provide the best suited service (Auto loan, Certificates, Loans, Accounts, Money Markets etc.). I enjoyed maintaining a profound relationship with customers.
Little to no room for advancement
Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 24, 2014
Given that this is a smaller company there is little to no room for advancement but the staff is very friendly and there is a family atmosphere. Great for a financial professional just starting off.
Great place for learning
Teller (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not much room for advancement
I have learned a lot from working here in such a short time. The hardest part of my job is keeping track of all the rules and regulations. The flexibility and ability to schedule around classes makes this place a great place to work
bad management
Teller (Former Employee), Northlake, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Worst financial institution I've worked for. Management is rude, unhelpful and micro-manages. The pay is horrible for what they expect you to do as a teller and sales goals are ridiculous and underpayed. Tellers get constantly watched on by supervisors/managers.Never worked for a manger that cared so little about their employees. Overall, horrible and miserable place to work.
Credit Union
Head Teller (Former Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 8, 2014
A typical day consisted of balancing ATM machines, balancing and replenishing TCD machines, counting cash shipments, monitoring tellers, helping members with any problems they had, scheduling tellers for time off and weekend hours.
Serious
Head Teller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
I had great co-workers and I enjoyed very much being part of a team. It was a great experience , I had learned very much from it.
Great experience gain
Head Teller (Current Employee), ChicagoNovember 5, 2013
I am grateful to this company for the opportunity and all the knowledge that I acquired here with the past years. I improved my management skills working together with management and employees. It is a friendly environment offering positive ethics and always been friendly.
Boring
Teller (Current Employee), Northlake, ILAugust 12, 2013
No room for advancement and pay is crappie for what is expected of employee.
Not terrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), springfield, ILApril 8, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: pay, gossip and drama
Pay was horrible, even after many years and several raises the pay was still not enough to live on. The hours were easy, the work was easy, but the office politics and gossip was annoying.
Good stepping stone but not long term job
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 14, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor managing
Good place to get your feet wet but little room to advance with in company because most people in higher up positions retire out after being there a lifetime. Managment needs imporvement, not always a pleasant experience. They expect a lot without offering the neccessary products to make it happen.
Good financial career
Branch Member Service Specialist (Promotion) (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 24, 2013
It is a good job in which you help people with their financial needs. Credit Union 1 treats people as members not numbers.
Pride
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Lombard, ILJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: hours, flexibilty, staffing
Cons: advancement, pay rate
Credit Union 1 is a company that helps our members to the fullest with exceptional service. We help those who help themselves. If you extra work hard, you will reap the benefits. I have learned many things within the financial industry. Within three years, I have moved up from tellering to processing loans. At times, it was tough due to short staffing but I persevered through it all. My typical day is non stop from taking loan applications via email, answering daily phone calls from members, and servicing walk ins as well. I have to prioritze my day in accordance to importance, but also giving the best service to our members. The most enjoyable part of my day are the employees I work with. Although I have my own office, when I do have a moment to spare we chat about life. I do enjoy working wih Credit Union 1, but I would like a different challenge.
Fun place to work, great customers and staff
Teller (Former Employee), Henderson, nvDecember 3, 2012
I worked here for 2 years and loved every moment. They are always helping you improve your skils.
Fun place to work, great customers and staff
Teller (Former Employee), Henderson, nvDecember 3, 2012
Fun work enviroment
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILNovember 16, 2012
handle face-to-face customers requests.
Handle large amount of cash on daily basis.

About Credit Union 1

There has never been a better time to begin a career in the financial industry! Credit Union 1 has an excellent opportunity for – Read more

Credit Union 1 Salaries