Credit Union of Colorado Employee Reviews

Not much to say
Member Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
Seems like all the black people end up hitting the highway not by choice. Actually aren't very many black people working for the company maybe a handful.
Pros
decent pay, great co workers, great members
Cons
breaks not within guidelines of state, no room for advancement, way behind in technology
June 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

The Credit Union is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity for all protected classes. We work to ensure that we source candidates from diverse backgrounds.

If you would like to share more about your experience and how we can improve please email us at HumanResources@cuofco.org

Great Place to work for!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 15, 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for. The CEO is beyond amazing, the employees are awesome. Definitely a place that truly cares about its employees.
June 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear that your experience with us was a positive one.

Worst CU I ever worked for
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denver AreaApril 4, 2017
Don't waste your time. If you are looking for career opportunities, this is not place for you unless you want to be universal banker doing car loans and opening accounts only. You won't learn anything except dealing with horrible management without managing experience.
September 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience at the Credit Union of Colorado.

We are sorry that your experience was not as you had hoped.

The Member Advocate role is varied and all encompassing and does a variety of duties in assisting our members with their financial growth.

We support the growth and development of all of our staff and to that end have a Learning and Development department that focuses on this.

Thank you again for your comments and we wish you the best of luck.

Great Environment/Advancement is limited
Loan officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoFebruary 8, 2017
The culture of the Credit Union is great. Great leadership and great staff. Plenty of learning opportunities however advancement in other areas are far few between. Many departments hire externally rather than internally. However great team of people to work with and great experience to add to a resume.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
No advancement
June 6, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We work hard to find the candidates with the best fit for the hiring department.

We are happy that your experience with us was positive.

Productive work enviroment
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Union, COJanuary 6, 2017
Fun, supportive place to work. Encourages self-growth and empowerment. Good place to gain leadership knowledge and skills. Learn teller and banker duties.
June 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are happy to hear that your experience working at the credit union was a positive one.

Great Workplace, but needs some work
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 14, 2016
High turnover makes it difficult to work due to always training people in-branch. Learned a lot in regards to lending. Position is combined teller and lending position, little room for growth unless you don't mind moving to downtown Denver where there is a lot of potential. Enjoy the members!
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
No breaks
Worst CU I've worked for!
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 27, 2016
The pay is great but the stress and office politics are not worth it. Training is a joke! Member Advocate is basically a "universal banker" type position but nobody has time to train you any further than basic tellering. Management is so terrible. During the interview process they say they empower their employees to make decisions but after you start they micromanage. Stay far away! Not worth it!!!
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Benefits, management, training
room for improvement
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2016
The member advocate role is great entry level position that teaches you quite a bit of useful knowledge. Unfortunately, the implementation of this role is a bit broken. Some weeks you'll be working in an office working on loans, and face to face interactions with members which are often challenging an rewarding. Then the next week you'll be on a teller line. It gets difficult to follow up with members you've been working with because you'll be too busy on the other side. It hurts the member experience overall. My location in particular was a bit frustrating because of my direct supervisors. Micromanagement was a big problem in my branch which lead to an unusually high turnover rate. It became a toxic environment where people would be reading your emails, and constant interference with your workflow. Senior level leadership is completely different. The CEO and COO are both excellent leaders with great vision. I've never worked anywhere before where somebody of that level knew my name and would frequently make a point to speak to me.
Pros
senior leadership, rewarding face to face interactions
Cons
healthcare, micromanagement, staying late often
Great place to work and advance your career
Mortgage Underwriter/Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 25, 2016
Credit Union of Colorado is a great place to work and advance your career. The culture is very member and employee focused with excellent leadership.
Great work place
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2016
Cuofco is a wonderful company to work for, great workers and strong leader at the top of the board. Some of the branch managers supervisors could be a little inexperienced but that can be worked around.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
supervisors could be a little rough around the edges.

Want to know more about Credit Union of Colorado?

Ask a question
Credit Union of Colorado
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 1, 2015
Fun work place, supportive management and no need to worry about your numbers. Only do what is best for the members, don't have to worry about selling or up selling. Very SLOW is most locations.
Pros
Easy, relaxed environment. No stress.
Cons
Management will not have your back.
Great Organization, You are Empowered, You have a Voice
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  DenverAugust 8, 2015
I was given the privilege to work for this organization over the last seven years. The credit union has a family mentality, I always felt supported and cared for. My leadership team was supportive, charismatic and willing to listen to my concerns. They encouraged me to grow and recognized my accomplishments along the way. This organization remains true to its mission and core values, its not about numbers, it's about doing what is right for the Membership and employees. They are truly here to help!
Pros
Fun work environment, Always willing to think outside the box
Not worth it...
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 27, 2015
The pay is great and so are the benefits. They have a very hard time dealing with staff issues and seeing who is a problem in the work environment. Most of the time certain employees would have to work much harder than other employees and nothing would ever get done about it. Those advance that do not deserve or can handle the work. It seems more of who you know and get along with that has the determining factor of whether or not you stay in this company or advance. The Managers barely know how to run half of the branch operations.
Pros
Free food, pay.
Cons
Co-workers, management, job security, political
Don't Do It
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2015
This was probably the worst experience working for an employer. This company is very vocal about how much they care for community and employees. Not true. The majority of the Senior Managers, Regional Managers, and Branch Managers don't have the skill to actually manage without degrading their employees, ridiculing them in meetings, and even rolling their their eyes when staff members are talking.

The managers that were worth ANYTHING are now gone. Picked off one by one.

There are great people working at this institution and deserve recognition for their efforts. In this company, it's who you know.

It changed when the the company hired a new COO. It was so much better before him.
Pros
Co-Workers, Pay
Cons
So many; management, benefits, out of date processes, not open to new ideas
application process failed!
no emplolyed (Former Employee) –  fort collinsJanuary 20, 2015
Not pleased with the application process. After working for several hours collecting all the information I needed to complete the application their system message was "sorry an error has occurred please try again". Their system deleted everything I worked on and now I have to reenter all the data!!! What a joke. I won't apply to this company again. No Thanks!
Pros
pay sounds great
Cons
other reviews don't look like good management
Great Company
MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2015
CUOFCO is a member driven organization focused on providing high quality service for clients rather than hard selling products that clients have little or no practical use for. Honest and forthcoming work all while making good, lifelong friends.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Political and very small company
Fast paced and busy work place.
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 7, 2014
I worked in the Greeley Branch and the job was a fun job where I was able to help the members with their financial needs. A typical day was filled with customers who need one transaction or another. I was fortunate to be cross trained and could provide service to any customer that walked in. I learned a lot about team work in this position. At a small branch you really rely on each other for support. My co-workers were really great gals and guys, good group of adults to work with! Sadly most of the staff has changed since then. The hardest part of the job was when a member would be in a tough situation and there is not much you can do to help them. The best part would be when you could really make a difference for someone in their financial future. A change in management made for a major change in the atmosphere and culture of this branch. Unfortunately not for the better.
Stay Far Away
Member Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2014
i have been in banking for a long time and have always been lucky in who I worked for...UNTIL NOW! I'm here still because I need a job. There are a few members of the management team that are terrific. The rest are terrible. The Regional Managers (the women) are a complete joke. Given their promotions based on their ability to manipulate those around them. Shameful! The CEO should get his act together and take back his organization. He is allowing the COO to run this organization into the ground!
Pros
My immediate co-workers
Cons
Mangagement, benefits
Good work place
Member Representative II (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 25, 2014
In branch managers are usually pretty easy to work with and the training is amazing. You'll always have assistance and the ability to learn.
Great pay and coworkers, terrible management and ethics
Member Representative II (Former Employee) –  Parker/AuroraSeptember 18, 2014
This company employs fantastic people, however, management fires them for little-to-no reason. If you desire job security, I would not recommend this organization. The pay is great for the industry, the culture is desirable (when not stifled by the tension of constantly replacing experienced employees.) The ethics of this company are questionable. For example, in my time of employment, a coworker received a promotion into her dream job. The day before she was to start her new career within the organization, she was demoted and then fired due to a small and temporary negative balance in her account. When upper management asked her former manager (and my former manager) if she should remain employed, our manager stated that she was a risk to the organization and that she should be let go. This company needs better retention rates and a lesson as to how it should treat its employees.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
High turnover, long shifts and tense work environment due to always being understaffed, unethical business practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Credit Union of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6