Credit Union of Colorado Employee Reviews

Don't Do It
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: co-workers, pay
Cons: so many; management, benefits, out of date processes, not open to new ideas
This was probably the worst experience working for an employer. This company is very vocal about how much they care for community and employees. Not true. The majority of the Senior Managers, Regional Managers, and Branch Managers don't have the skill to actually manage without degrading their employees, ridiculing them in meetings, and even rolling their their eyes when staff members are talking.

The managers that were worth ANYTHING are now gone. Picked off one by one.

There are great people working at this institution and deserve recognition for their efforts. In this company, it's who you know.

It changed when the the company hired a new COO. It was so much better before him.
application process failed!
no emplolyed (Former Employee), fort collinsJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pay sounds great
Cons: other reviews don't look like good management
Not pleased with the application process. After working for several hours collecting all the information I needed to complete the application their system message was "sorry an error has occurred please try again". Their system deleted everything I worked on and now I have to reenter all the data!!! What a joke. I won't apply to this company again. No Thanks!
Great Company
MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: political and very small company
CUOFCO is a member driven organization focused on providing high quality service for clients rather than hard selling products that clients have little or no practical use for. Honest and forthcoming work all while making good, lifelong friends.
Fast paced and busy work place.
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee), Greeley, CODecember 7, 2014
I worked in the Greeley Branch and the job was a fun job where I was able to help the members with their financial needs. A typical day was filled with customers who need one transaction or another. I was fortunate to be cross trained and could provide service to any customer that walked in. I learned a lot about team work in this position. At a small branch you really rely on each other for support. My co-workers were really great gals and guys, good group of adults to work with! Sadly most of the staff has changed since then. The hardest part of the job was when a member would be in a tough situation and there is not much you can do to help them. The best part would be when you could really make a difference for someone in their financial future. A change in management made for a major change in the atmosphere and culture of this branch. Unfortunately not for the better.
Stay Far Away
Member Service Representative III (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 12, 2014
Pros: my immediate co-workers
Cons: mangagement, benefits
i have been in banking for a long time and have always been lucky in who I worked for...UNTIL NOW! I'm here still because I need a job. There are a few members of the management team that are terrific. The rest are terrible. The Regional Managers (the women) are a complete joke. Given their promotions based on their ability to manipulate those around them. Shameful! The CEO should get his act together and take back his organization. He is allowing the COO to run this organization into the ground!
Good work place
Member Representative II (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 25, 2014
In branch managers are usually pretty easy to work with and the training is amazing. You'll always have assistance and the ability to learn.
Great pay and coworkers, terrible management and ethics
Member Representative II (Former Employee), Parker/AuroraSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: high turnover, long shifts and tense work environment due to always being understaffed, unethical business practices
This company employs fantastic people, however, management fires them for little-to-no reason. If you desire job security, I would not recommend this organization. The pay is great for the industry, the culture is desirable (when not stifled by the tension of constantly replacing experienced employees.) The ethics of this company are questionable. For example, in my time of employment, a coworker received a promotion into her dream job. The day before she was to start her new career within the organization, she was demoted and then fired due to a small and temporary negative balance in her account. When upper management asked her former manager (and my former manager) if she should remain employed, our manager stated that she was a risk to the organization and that she should be let go. This company needs better retention rates and a lesson as to how it should treat its employees.
Great working environment
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 18, 2013
The credit union of colorado was a wonderful company. They pride themselves in member service and taking care of their employees
Cautiously embracing change
Card Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Union, CODecember 10, 2013
Pros: accepting of changes and enhancements
Cons: limited resources
Collaboration is encouraged and project teams are comprised of cross functional team members. Each team member brings a unique perspective to the project and provides feedback to ensure project completion addresses all user interfaces.

The management team is cautious to embrace progressive change and must be influenced to support changes. Coworkers are eager to accept empowerment and expand areas of opportunity.

I have enjoyed the challenges of product implementations and employee coaching. I am occasionally frustrated with the resource limitations in the area of technology.
Good pay, bad relationship with Randstad
Teller (Former Employee), Fort Collins, CODecember 26, 2012
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: higher than average rate of firing me
I loved going to work, except when they tried to fire me (three times, the last one stuck). The pay was excellent and my co-workers were friendly and supportive.
Friendly Management and Staff
Member Rep II/Loan Interviewer/Billpay & Email Rep (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: friendly management, free food often
Cons: schedule rotates frequently, hard to advance because employees stay for a long time so there are no advanced positions to refill
I worked with Credit Union of Colorado for almost five years and I loved the people and the work I did. Management was always doing fun little activities to keep us motivated like pot lucks, sales games and rewards for excellent quality call monitoring. The supervisors would also make us a hot breakfast at our monthly meetings since everyone had to get up a little earlier to attend. My co-workers were awesome and everyone got along well. When a new employee started it was customary for everyone to come over and introduce themselves and say hello so you feel welcomed right from the start. The work was like all Call Center work and could get repetitive at times but having such a friendly atmosphere made the job worth doing. However, one problem that someone might have is the work schedule. To be fair to everyone the schedule rotates on a weekly or monthly basis and if you are trying to attend classes or have a regularly scheduled event outside of work that can cause a problem.
Employees