PCI GAMING AUTHORITY – Creek Casino Wetumpka
STAFF ACCOUNTANT II – One (1) Full Time Position
PCI Gaming Purpose:
Our genuine attentiveness and positive energy provide guests, especially women, an escape from their ordinary world into our exciting fantasy world of play, chance, and possibility. With this contribution, we give them a feeling of importance and belonging.
PCI Gaming Value System:
Our Enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
The Staff Accountant II performs a variety of bookkeeping/accounting activities in support of the Accounting department. The job duties require basic knowledge of accounting concepts and practices. Additionally duties may require knowledge of fixed asset accounting/tracking and accounts payable/purchasing functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for entering approved data in accounting system(s) to process transactions in a timely, comprehensive manner following document procedures and proper internal control practices
- Prepares adjusting journal entries to accurately close the monthly fiscal period in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepares various reconciliations of accounts and journal entries related to such accounts
- Review/analyze/audit data to ensure accuracy and minimize exposure by following taxing requirements and departmental procedures for all revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts.
- Perform and document analysis of accounting transactions, including comparisons to forecasted and trended results during close and for quarterly and annual trend analysis reports
- Prepares/Collects external audit requests and schedules for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, and internal audits
- Should question/validate data provided, gather additional information, request clarification/backup documentation, correct inaccuracies and/or to address other needs/issues prior (or subsequent) to the initiation of processing activities
- Maintains positive internal customer relationships by providing prompt and appropriate responses to inquiries, issues, and concerns when appropriate
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements. Responsible for correspondence with local and state regulatory institutions to resolve general issues
- Keeps supervisor informed of non-routine issues and refers matters outside assigned scope of authority to appropriate individuals
- Ability to be self directed while exercising judgment and discretion in completing assignments
- Maintain strictest confidentiality of data
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
PCI GAMING AUTHORITY - Creek Casino Wetumpka
STAFF ACCOUNTANT II – One (1) Full Time Position
Job Requirements: (please ensure you meet the listed requirements prior to applying)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- Minimum 2 years of relevant accounting experience including reconciliation/analysis experience required. Consolidation, revenue recognition, fixed asset, and/or accounts payable experience, preferred.
- Experience with accounting software required; Great Plains experience preferred; Intermediate to Expert level in Microsoft Excel; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must be proficient and accurate in operating a 10-Key calculator and in accurately and efficiently typing on a computer keyboard
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to multi-task to meet tight deadlines
- An accounting skill test will be administered and a passing score for this position is required
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and view information displayed on a computer screen
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area
- Must be able to get along well with all levels of the organization and excel in a team oriented environment
- Willing and able to work odd or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a PCI Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN PREFERENCE IN HIRING POLICY SHALL BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES.
On-line applications are accepted at www.pcigamingjobs.com. For internal employees please submit your Internal Job Posting Form to Human Resources located on the CCW Property.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to office of the President and CEO of PCI Gaming Authority.