SHORT ORDER COOK
The Short Order Cook is responsible for providing fast, friendly, and courteous service, preparing food in a team environment to ensure customer satisfaction contributing to the operating success of the 24 hr. Diner.
We secure our Tribe’s future by optimizing returns on funds and natural resources entrusted to us by the Council. We empower talented leaders to focus their energy and build profitable organizations by adding value with our capital and management expertise to high potential business ventures. This creates opportunities for our Tribe and generates wealth thereby leaving a lasting legacy.
The Short Order Cook shall report directly to the Kitchen Manager of 24 hr. Diner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, dishes and utensils.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Cook and package batches of food which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards, utilizing Hazard Analysis of Critical
Control Points (HACCP) or Serve Safe guidelines and practices.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Take delivery of supplies.
- Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches and tacos, following
specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Must be friendly and courteous at all times, ensuring excellent customer and employee
relations and adhere to the established Dress Code.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have at least one year verifiable experience as a cook in comparable restaurant.
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Basic knowledge of food preparation techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; must be able to communicate with
employees, the general public, vendors and customers, and all levels of management,
maintaining professionalism and respect.
- Ability to stand, bend and carry items weighing from 50-80 pounds.
- Ability to work odd, irregular hours in restaurant environment that is opened seven
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the CIEDA Personnel
Policies and Procedures.
All applicants must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to work irregular hours/days as business dictates.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 Fax: (251) 446-7018 Office Hrs. 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEjobs.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA.