The Construction Accountant for CIEDA’s Construction Department is responsible for the construction department’s accounting functions, including establishing, implementing and managing compliance to accounting policies, practices, and procedures. Assist in preparing and evaluating budgets, job costs, and cost controls. Prepares and evaluates cost reports and other financial operating reports, and presents findings and recommendations to the Construction Department Management Team.
KEY EMPLOYEE STATUS
The Construction Accountant has been designated key employee status under the Ethics Code and is responsible for meeting the standards of conduct contained therein.
The Construction Accountant shall report directly to the Construction Projects Control Manager and the Construction Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all accounting related functions on multiple projects and compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Interfaces with CIEDA, PCI, and PCIG corporate accounting departments.
- Enters project budgets into job cost, tracks and updates budgets for approved change orders and budget transfers.
- Receives invoices, verifies contract and change order values, previous payments, retainage, numerical calculations, lien waivers, back-up for stored materials, and processes invoices for managements review and approval.
- Manages and tracks certificates of insurance, licenses, and bonds for contractors, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Understand contract terms and conditions, be knowledgeable of contractual requirements, and recognize discrepancies.
- Follow up with contractors, subcontractors, and vendors to obtain missing and/or corrected information so that invoices are processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain payment draw files and invoice files.
- Prepares job cost and transaction reports. Analyzes and assists management in cost control measures.
- Records, manages, and reconciles payables and taxes for ODP (Owner direct purchase) projects with Agency Agreements.
- Assists in preparing fixed assets and depreciation schedules, and coordinates with corporate accounting.
- Works on special projects as requested; assists with yearly audit preparation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with minimum of four (4) years of progressive commercial construction accounting experience or ten (10) years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Computer literate; knowledge of spreadsheets and data-base experience; prior experience working with Great Plains or Timberline is a plus.
- Proven experience with AIA construction billing documents, lien waivers, accounts payable applications, funding requests, cash flow analysis, and account reconciliation.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of project cost structure, job cost, and construction processes, and be able to apply this information to cost code invoices and effectively track project costs.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously, highly organized and thorough in completion of tasks. Strong work ethic, self-starter, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires prioritizing and performing with a high degree of accuracy while under tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient and accurate in operating a 10-Key calculator.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 Fax: (251) 446-7018 Office Hrs. 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA.