CRESCENT BANK & TRUST Employee Reviews

Good company to work for.
Loan Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 2, 2017
I have been here for many years and I have always enjoyed my job, but there is no longer job security. Company tried to grow too fast and now cutbacks are being made.
Relaxing Office Environment With Supportive Management
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 24, 2017
Loved how stable and consistent the job hours were. My day to day job would be about the same so I knew what to expect. We were closed all major holidays with paid time off. We also were given paid time off, sick days, and a company matched 401K.

Loved the work environment and miss working there.
Pros
hour lunches, consistent schedule, room for advancement
Cons
quickpaced
Low
Human Resources Manager, Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LASeptember 5, 2017
Outdated management practices; incompetent management; top-heavy with executives; poor communication with staff; favoritism practiced; contributions not acknowledged
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 24, 2017
No one on this job is ever on the same page. You never know what to do because things are always changing. Managers have their picks and chooses.If you are not in the in crowd then you don't matter.
Pros
Great Christmas parties
Managers will sink you
Customer Relations Representative III (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 23, 2017
Pay is pretty good for customer service job these days in B.R. not too much advancement, you go from C.S. to Collections. Will make you do mandatory OT. At one point we used to feel forced to do chases and doorknocks on customers to meet the goals that were constantly changing.
productive, fun workplace
IT User support Tier 1 Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 3, 2017
efficient team, great work environment with good employee and structure. easy going but still professional. Easy to make relationship with other employees.
Pros
nice break room, nice views
Cons
n/a
Could be a good company but don't expect much
Loan Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Denver COMay 11, 2017
I only worked here for 8 months and I have to say that when I started, this job seemed very promising. However when there was a change in management it was clear that the bank does not really care for their employees.

As a loan assistant you spend your day doing verifications and fielding other assistants phone call. You are not allowed to transfer calls even if you have no idea why the person is calling. Management is constantly holding you accountable for everything in an effort to get rid of you and don't seem to have your back.

I will never return to this company, but if you are a loan officer this many be a good place for you, as long as you meet your goals every month.
Pros
Good coworker, lack of mircomanagment
Cons
Lack of job security, direct management
Need better management
Customer Service/Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2017
Management don't have a clue on how to manage this bank. And if they see where you know what's going on then they come for you. Writing you up so you won't get your bonus. Management is really horrible.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Short breaks
It was a very nice place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 6, 2017
A typical day working for Crescent Bank & Trust was going in in the morning being greeted by staff members. We will prepare ourselves for our work day. When our work day begun we were ready to help or customers to the best of our abilities. We helped customer's with depositing and withdrawing funds. I've learned how to work the desk the other side of the Teller line, Opening and closing accts etc..
The manager was helpful and nice. The culture Crescent Bank was, we did mostly car loans. We would make some deposits and withdraws for our customer's but we mostly did car loans. The hardest part of the job for me was when we didn't have many customer's some days. Sitting around make the time pass really slow, so I found things to keep me busy at work. The best part of the job was satisfying our customer's.
Pros
The Pros was the lunch, We always had free lunch in the breakroom.
Cons
The Cons was if we had a unsatisfied customer.
over all good company if upper management can get it together
emplyee (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 22, 2017
great pay and benefits but they are laying off employees. Upper management does not listen to middle management. There is not alot of work life balance
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
work turn down laying off employees
good benefits and pay
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 7, 2016
I loved working there, I just didn't like that I couldn't reach my monthly money cap. I loved talking with our customers and helping them set up pay arrangements. I loved skip tracing to find the vehicle we were looking for. Great bonuses.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
quoter was hard to reach
There were fun people to work with
LOAN SERVICING SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 28, 2016
Overall not a good company to work for. Could not advanced to management positions easily. Felt often that there was a very chaotic atmosphere around. Management was not organized or knowledgeable with the exception of some.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch sometimes
Cons
short to no break at all
Great work place -just no room for advancement.
Bankruptcy Specialist/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 26, 2016
i review Reaffirmation Agreements & proof of claims for filing with the bk court. Liasion with the court personnel & debtor's attorneys.
Review & prioritize emails & check voice mails & return calls. Handle escalted calls. Review attorney invoices for payment. Refer accounts to attorney for objections or Motion for Relief on bk accounts. I have learned how to process cars for repossession, assist customers who redeem their cars after repossession.Prepare Letter of Guarantees for Insurance claims.
I currently have two junior bankruptcy specialist that i manange on a daily basis.
Assist the legal collectors
The hardest part of the job is sometimes the phone calls get overwhelming because my newest add on to my job is taking phone payments from bk customers who decide to keep their vehicles in their bk.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when i can release the title to the vehicle for a customer that has filed bk & still paid their account offf.
small company
Loan Officer, Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  OHIoAugust 16, 2016
small company with no room for advancement in local office. managers tend to work best with men and give very little pay increase to the women. Company in general for Loan production offices tend to hire more men than women.
excellent staff
Certified Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 23, 2016
excellent staff and great team work. I enjoyed coming to work everyday here. Great bonuses too. I learned a lot about High Risk Collections here
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Hurricane Katrina forced many to move out of area
Constant changes/ no room to move up
Loan Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2016
Smaller company (compared to other banks). Little room for advancement. Policy and procedures constantly undergoing changes- not always for the better. Working on a paper system, but trying to go electronic.
Pros
small friendly atmosphere
Cons
no advancement
it is okay to work
Customer Relation Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 27, 2016
I the job its self is not a hard job to do. It is more of the way they conduce themselves there. Everyday things changes on a daily they are not organized.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short break
co-workers
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2015
99% of the people who work at CBT are smart hard working people who are dedicated to their jobs and make the most of every situation they are faced with. I would love to work with almost everyone there again at anytime in the future.
Pros
Really good staff
Cons
Top level management not involved with mid level managers.
Day at Crescent
Loan Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TexasSeptember 14, 2015
It is laid back. Not really micro-managed however we have dead lines to meet. Start the day at 8am-4:45pm...small auto financing bank of 10 people at this branch. Receive a loan, verify 2 years of employment, residency, insurance and customer interview. Be able to andwer any question or concerns of the customer. Review all information that all is accurate and match up. The company is way smaller then other financing banks, so no room for growth or raise opportunity. however, I enjoy coming to work and as longs I do as im told and work completed in a timely matter. Theres never any complaints.
Pros
dont work weekends
Cons
No raise opportunities
Crescent bank
CRR - Collector - 1 (Former Employee) –  NEW ORLEANS,LAAugust 15, 2015
I had an opportunity to be a part of servicing environment that create solutions for Customers who need assistance with their sub-prime automobile loans . Also making the Customer’s experience simple and effective. We negotiating payment solutions during verbal telephone communications while utilizing a variety of tools to service and locate delinquent customers.