Crescent Crown Distributing Employee Reviews

Great place work, horrible hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZOctober 10, 2017
Great place to Work, hard work but terrible hours. Supervisor is very strict but decent. Well placed and great benefits. Free and discounted beer, great times
Fast pace fun enviorment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 5, 2017
At CCD you have to be fast moving and get the job done. The people are friendly and willing to assist in any way they can. The management staff tries their best to accommodate their employees in the event a personal matter arises. I would highly recommend any individual with high work ethics and determination to apply with them.
Busy stressful work that requires attention
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 31, 2017
Good place to work for but high standard of work. Being able to communicate with store personal, your own leads, co workers and drivers. Physically demanding sometimes out in heat other times in freezing coolers.
Pros
Discounted beer sales once a week
Cons
Hard to get breaks in and do job in 8 hours
fast and competitive
Account Manger (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 15, 2017
if management were better I would have never left. Its a fun job to have but pay is terrible. small base and commission is .08% of what you sell. Company pretty much works you to death and doesn't reward for it.
crescent crown
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 11, 2017
Its a face place job with plenty of job security. The lack of career opportunities is a little low. But the freedom and flexibility with the schedules is a plus.
Good stepping stone.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2017
I was with Crescent Crown from being a senior in high school as an order selector. I spent five years in the warehouse. It is the best starting job a kid could as for, and opportunities for advancement are there if you want them. You can become a truck driver or maybe a warehouse supervisor if you're driven. Be able to pace yourself in the warehouse or it will burn you out in no time!
Pros
Pretty good money, laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Most new laborers start on nights.
productive and a fun place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 11, 2017
when i worked here it was cool mostly layed back nothing really was bad here ive never had problems working here it wasnt bad at all to me just do your work
Pros
they treat u fairly
Cons
free beer sometimes
dont do it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 14, 2017
This company works you almost 40-60 hours a week.
If you call out sick they write you up for that,
you will not have a personal life working with this company
Family Oriented Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 31, 2017
Crescent Crown Distributing is a great place to work. The upper management is highly knowledgeable and great to work with. They have some of the most amazing co-workers I have ever worked with.
I want to die
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 19, 2017
Get your cdl and leave. Beware though though they lock you in a 2 year contract. Try to at least

Management is disorganized and only help if its convenient for them other than that you're on your own
Pros
Get your cdl
Cons
Everything else
Crescent Crown
Order Selector, Fork-Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 15, 2017
You work 45 to 55 hours a week, but you don't have a personal life, the pay is not enough for the type of work you do at a consent basis,there is only one supervisor and he doesn't have a clue how to operate a night shift warehouse in a orderly fashion and eventually it takes a toll on the order selectors and makes the job a lot harder then what it should be. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there as a Order Selector. Trust Me Not Worth It...
Pros
Bi-Weekly Pay
Cons
Horrible Management, Long Nights
Best Job Ever
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 10, 2017
Great working environment, awesome people, and great bosses. You learn so much from working in this company. Also, it has great family benefits and competitive pay.
Good company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 19, 2017
Good company to work for with opportunities to advance, however long hours can take away from personal life. Fairly low stress job environment. Fair pay but could have been better.
Pays the bills, very laid back.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 14, 2017
Decent job. Not a career. No real room for advancement, management is VERY DISORGANIZED. No communication. Not many perks, nothing real special about the place.
Pros
Paid weekly.
Cons
Awful hours.
If you feel like being put in a box, this the company for you!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 10, 2017
Disorganized, overbearing, be prepared to feel like number and not a human being. Upper management beyond your District Manager is a joke. They expect the world of you, they will reprimand at the drop of a hat, and don't expect them to stick up or really pay you any mind at all. Upper management will try and micro manage you from a distance without even being familiar or in touch with the area you are managing. Good luck getting holidays, and good luck getting vacay or sick pay with in your first year. Salesman are paid the lowest and are often given the most responsibility. Will not give raises and will deduct pay if you don't meet expectations. Upper management is very slow to work on your concerns, questions or complaints. You will be required to work more than 40 hours with no overtime. I could go on and on, do yourself a favor and look for another job.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, unapologetic upper management, false hope of upward mobility
Not a bad company to work for, but has its drawbacks.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 31, 2017
The company itself isn't bad, it's a beer distributor so it's inherently a cool place to work. I worked in three different positions, merchandiser, draft tech, and account manager. Merchandising was hard work and long hours, but you do get plenty of overtime. Being a draft tech was ok but I was spread thin a lot, however that's something they addressed and hired more help.

Being an account manager, outside sales, was challenging but fun. The work life balance did suck, i felt like I was ALWAYS at work, even when I was off. Management was great but was spread too thin, so not much help came from them. The business is heavily related to the local economy, and in my case our economy was down quite a bit, make the job much harder.

I felt a little underpaid for the amount of time, but I wasn't struggling, The benefits were great however.

Overall, it's not a bad company to work for if you've very organized and aren't married.
Pros
Fun company, coworkers get along, and management isn't bad.
Cons
Work life balance was bad. I was always at work even when I wasn't.
Great ownership that cares about employees
On-Premise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 25, 2017
Top notch ownership and management. They go above and beyond to help all employees. Crescent Crown creates a great working culture that encourages teamwork and shares success'.
The drivers literally get paid 23k and work 50+hours a week.
Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 23, 2017
The drivers literally get paid 23k and work 50+hours a week. Sales men are family members of the CEO and higher up's. the more your give up for this company the more time from your family they take. before I left, the company started charging supervisors that had been there for a decade or more because what they were charging the drivers in "shortages on stock" pleaded the cases. one female that is family counts all driver cash with no camera n in a hidden back room. if she says you're short money from the route it comes strt out of my check. has the oldest trailers in the business buying them off of swift. they expect drivers to do 110% of the work get paid for 50% and give the salesman 150% of the incentives. don't believe me....go ahead and apply.
Pros
drivers are one in a million
Cons
if youre not family, dont bother
No comment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJanuary 11, 2017
CCD is a good company that lets you get experiences, other then that its underpaid for the work they do and they have poor communication. They need better management.
Productive Business
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 5, 2017
Crescent Crown is in it for the profit. I developed and learned a lot about different things. Unforcataly it was time for me to part ways the business is down and money was getting cut.
Pros
Help you get your CDL license
Cons
Under appreciated workers