Crescent Electric Supply Company Employee Reviews

Poorly managed work environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2017
Management hires friends kids and buddies.
No structure or discipline in company.
Corporate ignores issues and employees pay the price for it.
Customers not treated as a priority.
This was my first job when I moved from California to Kansas, I was very happy working for this company.
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 20, 2017
Crescent Electric is a good place to work, team work is effective and great...
My job as a Counter Sales.
taking care sales calls
walk inn customers,
maintain counter clean,
taking care of every promotion
working together with inside sales to provide a good customer service.
Too corporate
District Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 1, 2017
Everything is trickle down
Corporate doesn't care about the employees that actually have the face to face contact with customers
There are 20 vice president positions that seem to be more important than salespeople to actually sell
Very stable company. They are a cash only opporation.
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 5, 2017
Co workers are a close nit group. They will help each other out. The company is very severe oriented. The customer is our boss.
Pros
About 1 time a month lunch is provided.
Cons
No breaks, only 1 hour unpaid lunch.
Worst job ever
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 24, 2017
Management was harassing. Could never make them happy. Had bathroom limits- once a day. Came up with different rules as they went along. Can't think of anything nice to say.
Pros
Cons
Over worked and harassed.
Good place to work, Hard to advance
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 12, 2017
You work with good co-workers, roles aren't backbreaking, but advancement is limited and compensation could be a lot better, even for veteran employees. Not a lot of focus on showing appreciation to their employees.
Warehouse
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 4, 2017
All flows downhill to warehouse, order entry and shipping computer system outdated when installed, training is on the fly. Inventory is best guess on a daily basis. Warehouse turnover is very high. Manager has never made a mistake.
Pros
Good people
Cons
"I hire I can fire"
To managers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 5, 2017
To many managers .. sales people.. riding coat tails of current customers.. Before they retire.. Management has know idea what is going on in warehouse Work culture .. atmosphere is looking to go there to work is down. Unload trucks / pick orders / pack orders. Hardest part of job is management doesn't listen to employees opinions .

Most enjoyable is company buys employees lunch n takes them to a baseball game .. and does a golf outing for them
Present Job for over 25 years
Contractor Sales (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NE 69361March 31, 2017
I enjoy working with people and projects that they have whether it be a small project or a construction related jobs.
I began my career with Crescent in the warehouse and worked my way up to sales, quotes, and outside sales.
Everyday brings new situations and continued work on projects that may go on for months. Detailed knowledge of products and capabilities to find information for customers is important. Deadlines on quotes are important to meet, along with searching for the exact product a customer is looking for.
Pros
I have enjoyed working here for over 20 years.
Cons
Various system changes.
poor management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2017
enjoyed job until father got ill with cancer and had to take care of him. left company w/severance and insurance paid. would not work there again did not honor contract.
Pros
like my jobs
Cons
bad management
Official response from Crescent Electric Supply Company
March 23, 2017

We continue to offer our most sincere empathy regarding your father’s illness. Crescent has fulfilled all the assistance it agreed to offer you at the time of your voluntary resignation to care for your father. If there are any items you believe have not been honored, please contact Human Resources.

Great Place To Work
Project/Quotations Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2017
This job is corporate in nature but has a family feel to it. A little behind the times in terms of software, but great opportunity to learn and grow as a professional. Concerned that it lacks diversity.
Warehouse worker Crescent Electric Supply Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 30, 2016
Crescent Electric Supply Company has been an experience to my career. I had learned a lot of skills from this job not only that but the OSHA safety policy's as well.
Fun, team oriented atmosphere, fast paced and rewarding
Assistant Warehouse Manager/ Delivery (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 27, 2016
Coordinating in one big circle, with engaged employees to serve the customers well, and make sure they keep coming back.
With happy customers came a very happy work environment.
The management was top notch, and every dept. seemed to work together well to accomplish the same goals.

Competitive wages, and benefits, a feeling of reward and accomplishment as well as many opportunities to advance in the industry.
Pros
Very friendly hard working crew with a great work life balance
Cons
when the economy dropped out, I unfortunately had to search for other career options
It was a great company to work for.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day would begin at 6:45am and I would review scheduled deliveries for that day and organize shipping orders. I would pull and check customer orders where needed, walk the warehouse and yard for potential hazards and inventory concerns. I maintained the daily store transfers to Fairbanks, Kenai, and Wasilla.

I learned how to deal with unhappy/high maintenance salespeople and customers while keeping communication lanes open.

In my 3-1/2 years at Crescent Electric, the Management had a 100% turnover so needless to say my job description took on many interpretations. Although the Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Supervisor job descriptions were exactly the same (verbatim) the management employed me at my utmost abilities while controlling
the areas where they were most suited.

My co-workers were the hardest working, joyful team I have ever had the pleasure of being their boss.

Hardest Part of my Job? See paragraph #2...

Most Enjoyable Part of my Job? See paragraph #4...
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
I had to use multi-user PC's for confidential reports and e-mails.
Investment Compnay
sales (Former Employee) –  IowaFebruary 6, 2015
Operates like an investment company. Only concerned with profit.
Reacts like the Federal Government, slow and inefficient. Company has no real business plan. Management does almost nothing to support people working at the Branch level. They act like hey we give you a job and a building to work from go make sales.
No Corporate buying structure so you cannot but products at a competitive level to compete.
Had to turn down sales all the time because it wasn't profitable enough for the management.
In short Corporate Office does very, very little to support the sales at local branches.
The Companies growth all comes from buying other smaller companies that are struggling or going out of business. They do not know how to be competitive in a market and grow a business.
If they have a branch that is struggling they not only don't know how to rebuild it they act like they really don't care.
Pros
Good people in the organization
Cons
Worst Corporate involvement I've ever seen in over 30yrs of working
Family own company
Corporate Auditor (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILApril 17, 2014
Travelling two to three weeks per month. Normally three weeks. Can become a lot of driving while using your own car. They will reimburse you the tax deductible amount though. Management is great. They are very hands off if you get your work done. Training is a bit of a joke since they wont show you how to do anything unless you ask questions about it. Most people in the company will help you out with anything you need but there is still a lot of talking behind backs. Do not expect vacation time until after at least a year of working there.
Pros
Get to travel the country and meet some amazing people.
Cons
Do not have much of a social life outside of work, Pay is below industry average, Company is operating with very old software and run office '03
Excellent company
Warehouse Associate/Driver/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2013
I loved this company. Very family oriented. Easy to work for. Just wish the economy would have been better so I could have stayed with them
Supportive family-centered corporate company
District Credit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AlaskaFebruary 20, 2013
Alaska is four hours away from the corporate office, so many mornings are started by getting caught up on messages from the corporate office before lunch time in Alaska.
I learned you aren't a number in this big corporation.
My co-workers supported each other.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with a salesman who used the "F" word openly as a noun, verb, adjective, and it was allowed and encouraged by the manager.
The most enjoyable was traveling to the corporate office for training, and being welcomed with open arms.
Pros
supportive corporate office employees.
Cons
four hour time difference from the corporate office.
Very stable company, but could be better.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne,Wy.October 3, 2012
Very stable company, always striving to be
better. Wages could be better and the
communication gap between corporate
and branch locations is large!
Pros
fun, friendly fast paced
Cons
wages.
Local business with national locations
Corporate Auditor (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILJuly 2, 2012
Crescent is a good, small local corporation. It began in Dubuque, Ia and has grown nationally. The most enjoyable part about my current position is meeting the branch employees. It's nice to connect with the branch level where all the sales and transaction happens and see what Crescent is all about.
Pros
small company where you know and recognize people.
Cons
the communication gap between upper management and middle management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crescent Electric Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Crescent Electric Supply Company Reviews by Location