Crescent Electric Supply Company Employee Reviews

Warehouse worker Crescent Electric Supply Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 30, 2016
Crescent Electric Supply Company has been an experience to my career. I had learned a lot of skills from this job not only that but the OSHA safety policy's as well.
It was a great company to work for.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day would begin at 6:45am and I would review scheduled deliveries for that day and organize shipping orders. I would pull and check customer orders where needed, walk the warehouse and yard for potential hazards and inventory concerns. I maintained the daily store transfers to Fairbanks, Kenai, and Wasilla.

I learned how to deal with unhappy/high maintenance salespeople and customers while keeping communication lanes open.

In my 3-1/2 years at Crescent Electric, the Management had a 100% turnover so needless to say my job description took on many interpretations. Although the Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Supervisor job descriptions were exactly the same (verbatim) the management employed me at my utmost abilities while controlling
the areas where they were most suited.

My co-workers were the hardest working, joyful team I have ever had the pleasure of being their boss.

Hardest Part of my Job? See paragraph #2...

Most Enjoyable Part of my Job? See paragraph #4...
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
I had to use multi-user PC's for confidential reports and e-mails.
Investment Compnay
sales (Former Employee) –  IowaFebruary 6, 2015
Operates like an investment company. Only concerned with profit.
Reacts like the Federal Government, slow and inefficient. Company has no real business plan. Management does almost nothing to support people working at the Branch level. They act like hey we give you a job and a building to work from go make sales.
No Corporate buying structure so you cannot but products at a competitive level to compete.
Had to turn down sales all the time because it wasn't profitable enough for the management.
In short Corporate Office does very, very little to support the sales at local branches.
The Companies growth all comes from buying other smaller companies that are struggling or going out of business. They do not know how to be competitive in a market and grow a business.
If they have a branch that is struggling they not only don't know how to rebuild it they act like they really don't care.
Pros
Good people in the organization
Cons
Worst Corporate involvement I've ever seen in over 30yrs of working
Family own company
Corporate Auditor (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILApril 17, 2014
Travelling two to three weeks per month. Normally three weeks. Can become a lot of driving while using your own car. They will reimburse you the tax deductible amount though. Management is great. They are very hands off if you get your work done. Training is a bit of a joke since they wont show you how to do anything unless you ask questions about it. Most people in the company will help you out with anything you need but there is still a lot of talking behind backs. Do not expect vacation time until after at least a year of working there.
Pros
Get to travel the country and meet some amazing people.
Cons
Do not have much of a social life outside of work, Pay is below industry average, Company is operating with very old software and run office '03
Excellent company
Warehouse Associate/Driver/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2013
I loved this company. Very family oriented. Easy to work for. Just wish the economy would have been better so I could have stayed with them
Supportive family-centered corporate company
District Credit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AlaskaFebruary 20, 2013
Alaska is four hours away from the corporate office, so many mornings are started by getting caught up on messages from the corporate office before lunch time in Alaska.
I learned you aren't a number in this big corporation.
My co-workers supported each other.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with a salesman who used the "F" word openly as a noun, verb, adjective, and it was allowed and encouraged by the manager.
The most enjoyable was traveling to the corporate office for training, and being welcomed with open arms.
Pros
supportive corporate office employees.
Cons
four hour time difference from the corporate office.
Very stable company, but could be better.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne,Wy.October 3, 2012
Very stable company, always striving to be
better. Wages could be better and the
communication gap between corporate
and branch locations is large!
Pros
fun, friendly fast paced
Cons
wages.
Local business with national locations
Corporate Auditor (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILJuly 2, 2012
Crescent is a good, small local corporation. It began in Dubuque, Ia and has grown nationally. The most enjoyable part about my current position is meeting the branch employees. It's nice to connect with the branch level where all the sales and transaction happens and see what Crescent is all about.
Pros
small company where you know and recognize people.
Cons
the communication gap between upper management and middle management.
Productive and a very friendly work environment
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILApril 4, 2012
Crescent is a very good private company. I have acquired many new IT skills while working here.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
advancement oppurtunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crescent Electric Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3