Crescent Processing Company

Crescent Processing Company Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TxMarch 25, 2014
Pros: fun, laid back
Cons: not enough pay
Basic call center environment, busy work place, very high turnover ratio, was promoted twice. Job was willing to work with you.
nice work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sherman, TXOctober 6, 2013
Pros: great day shift hours, bonuses, friendly environment
Cons: short breaks, not enough training
i enjoyed the environment at Crescent Processing. I feel they could use a little more training before placing employees on the call center floor.
Productive work place
UNDERWRITING SPECIALIST/ FUNDS MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: no room for advancement
My typical day at work assisting our Merchant with good cutomer service making sure all thier needs are meet transferring funds aprroving accounts reviewing reports.The people I work with are hardworkers and great leaders. I enjoy my job when I feel I making in difference with our Merchants
Typical Call Center
Marketing Rep (Former Employee), Sherman, TXOctober 1, 2013
As most people, I do not and cannot work for free. This company wanted us to add another two hours to our pay period for meetings and such, but did not want to pay us for it. The position was advertised for Customer Service but later it was explained to be a marketing rep. Since I needed a job I did what I could. They suspend you a day with no pay if – more... you do not meet your goal of appointments. – less
Nice work place
Marketing Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Great place to work once the system is updated.Good managment
Great Company
Merchant Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch ever quarter for telemarketing and sales team as well.
Cons: learned alot from this company.
This is a great company its one of the best companys i worked for as far as telemarkerting is concerned great pay and chance for advancments as well.
Culture and environment
Independent sales agent (Current Employee), OregonApril 20, 2013
Pros: i set my own hrs and work as hard as i want
Cons: should be paid more
I rarely use any company leads even though I am being charged $39 per month.
If you are self driven and organized you can do very well with this company!
I do not really work with the other managers a lot, but my manager is one of the most well rounded and professional guys I have ever worked for!!!
I am easily making 5K per month and I could be working – more... much harder.
I start at 8:30 am and am done by 4 every day. I make calls for an hr per day after I have personally visited with the owners. If you have confidence and believe in yourself, it's an easy sell. I walk into businesses with only a business card and start visiting and it's non threatening to them. A few good questions and I have a meeting set up or walk out with a sale 1/3 of the time.
You have to have confidence and be a people person or this job is not for you!!! – less
Totally unprofessional
client services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: saturdays and sundays
Cons: all of the above you can find out by your self lol have fun :)
Very preteen, constant conference meetings, training completly out of wack, administration very unorganized, a bunch of amatures. Do not waste your time.
This Company Should Offer a $1000.00 Monthly Salary
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaFebruary 4, 2013
I quit this opportunity because the company charges the Representative for leads that are not twice-confirmed. I didn't feel I would surpass sales targets on provided leads and I wasn't able to produce my own leads because my brain wouldn't move without an income. Here are the first three company provided leads I recieved.

1. I arrived at the home – more... of a mobile professional. The wife answered and their home was a mess. She did not know I was coming and her husband was still in bed. He didn't want to come out because he wasn't ready. I did follow up on this the next day and he seemed semi-interested. I probably could have sold it but I had already made the decision to leave.

2. This was an actual brick and mortar but the Owner said he hadn't scheduled an appointment with anyone for anything in the last seven days. He was considering a new credit card processor while ago but had just switched and wanted to see how it went.

3. Another brick and mortar. The Owner told me that someone called pretending to be from her current processor. She thought someone was stopping by to provide updated company information.

After my third appointment, I called my Corporate Manager to fill him in. He was busy so I spoke with another Manager who asked, "Which city is closer, this one or this one?" I told him the city I was in and he said, "Okay, here is your next appointment." I told him I already had an appointment and we hung up. How can the appointments be twice-confirmed if the Corporate Managers are able to switch them around on a moment's notice? It's an issue because they don't pay any salary or hourly wages, all business expenses are paid by the Representative and they charge for leads if sales targets aren't met. – less
My First Three Appointments
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: good training, no overtime, a manager who cared about my success, no sales goals
Cons: appointments aren't twice-confirmed, unqualified appointments, no reimbursement for business expenses
I'm convinced there really aren't "twice-confirmed appointments" for the ISAs.

1. My first appointment had no idea I was going to show up. He was a mobile professional and worked from home. His wife answered and was very embarassed because the house was a mess and her husband was still asleep.

2. My second appointment remembered speaking with someone – more... about credit card processing but he hadn't made any appointments within the last seven days.

3. My third appointment was unqualified and I had to find the decision maker myself after I arrived. The Office Manager told her that someone from a processing company called and made her think it was someone from her current processor and they just wanted to stop by "with some information".

Additionally, my Corporate Manager sent the leads for day two in an email. I only had the contact name and street address for the first lead. The other three appointments for the day were missing that information.

During my final phone call with the company, I spoke to another Manager because my assigned Manager was busy helping another ISA. I told this second Manager that I had just finished an appointment (number three above) and he said, "Oh, I'm sorry" and I could tell by his voice that he had been saying that all day, all week and all of last year. He then asked me which of two cities was closer to my current location in the field. I named the city I was in and he said, "Okay, let me tell you where your next appointment will be." I told him I already had an appointment later that day and we hung up. How can the leads be twice-confirmed if I have one appointment my assigned Manager gave me and then a second Manager "just happens" to have one closer to where I'm at in my parked car? I'm guessing the marketing department just tells the prospective customer "Someone from our company will be stopping by in the next few days."

I've worked for companies offering a base salary plus commission where the sales/marketing representative does the business development AND closing aspects of the sale. If I consistently set appointments like this for myself I would be out of work by the end of the week. – less
mirco-management
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: saturday and sunday
Cons: environment, moral, ethics
Management is degrading and unprofessional. ability to advance in obsolescent and ownership is fraudulent and poor ethics driven. no motivation
Commission only salary
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2013
I made several sales in this job but I needed something more steady.
Holy Scam, Batman!!
Independent Sales (Current Employee), Utah - RemoteJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: i've heard that occasionally you get a good lead, so far that's just a rumor
Cons: 3 weeks without a sale, every scheduled appointment has been a waste of time and a horrible lead, i'm being charged to use a laptop from 1987
3-5 Warm Leads per day, Guaranteed Commission, Great Sales Training... Maybe.
I started a few weeks ago and have averaged 1 lead per day. So far most of these leads have been people (not companies) who were called up and told that a Crescent Salesperson would visit them.
These people don't own a business and don't need merchant services. The leads are – more... (so far) a waste of time and gas.
Oh, and the sales training? I've gotten an hour of training, and I am hesitant to promote this to anyone I know.
Free Equipment = 4 year contract.
This may be a good product, but if this was something that business owners really wanted, Crescent would be paying people to sell this - not hiring 100% commission people to do it! – less

Nnne – February 2, 2013

My leads were not twice confirmed. I had already paid a hundred dollars for a cell phone (previous companies supplied it for me), fifty dollars for the first month's phone service, seven dollars in gasoline and thirteen dollars to print out marketing material and necessary new client paperwork. I didn't feel like waiting to see how long it was going to take to make a sale. Not with the appointments I received on day number one and the first appointment I went to on day number two. Honestly, I felt like one of the appointments from the first day may have worked out but that would have meant driving all the way back over there. Reimbursements for business expenses were not guaranteed and with these leads, I wasn't sure I was going to meet sales targets. None of the employers in this industry offer any kind of base salary. When other companies can offer bases of around 35-40k you have to wonder why companies in this industry don't offer anything.

Unethical and descriminates in MANY ways. Don't go to HR about it because they will find a way to fire you.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: went home at the end of the day
Cons: worked with a bunch of adolescence with no work ethic at all.
Former Employee. Everyone seems very nice, completely unprofessional envirionment and ALL members of upper management will not hesitate to completely lie if it is in their best interest, no matter the cost to you or the level of quality of your position.
good place..very family oriented place to work at
Title- Marketing Rep (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXNovember 28, 2012
Pros: free prizes
Cons: didnt like the way u got paid
this job was very laid back..the treated everybody the same
Deceptive company.
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee), Duncansville, PANovember 27, 2012
The company does not reveal the subtractions from your commission early enough for you to think before leaving another job for them.
Good job for students, bad job for adults
Marketing Rep (Current Employee), Sherman,txOctober 8, 2012
Pros: good work schedule.
Cons: not a stable job. you never know when you could get fired.
Most stressful job I've ever had. If your looking for stability this is not the job for you. Your pay is based on how many appointments you set. They say you can make up to 14 an hour but in the past 7 months only one person has reached that pay grade in our center.

Hassan – October 10, 2012

The appointment setters don't care if the leads they generate for ISA's (independent sales agents) are good or not. You will get no shows and plenty of merchants who will tell you they have no interest in the Crescent merchant service offerings. But Crescent does not want the ISA to contact the merchant prior to the appointment, so you will waste gas, cell phone expenses and time. Crescent cares about the bottom line $$$, not the lowly appointment setter , ISA or merchant.

Rip off
Client Services Supervisor/Client Support Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2012
Pros: good hours, decent pay
Cons: very stressful
As it is with all credit card payment processors. their main focus is money.
Great Change
Sales (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 5, 2012
Pros: leads
Cons: none yet
I came from the insurance industry where leads are typically sold to the agents and many of them are not worth the paper they were printed on. Your days run well into the night - 9 or 10 o'clock at night some times - and managers are always trying to squeeze their agents for more.

Crescent is nothing like that. Leads are twice confirmed and while they – more... don't all pan out it is a far cry better than pounding the pavement and driving from one side of the state to the other chasing dead end leads.

Crescent's training was top notch and the world class sales presentation given on a company provided laptop computer really does practically sell the product.

I am so happy that I made the change. – less

JimC – May 29, 2013

I have been in the insurance business for two yeas and I am tired of buying leads that are useless. I am at a point where I need to make some money and I don't mind being on straight commission. I have read all the posts and it seems that most people do not l[ke this opportunity. Can you verify that the appointments are verified before you go to see the client and that the product is worth selling.

Great atmosphere, substantial growth potential, and the tools to succeed.
QA and Recruiting (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2012
Pros: enjoyable atmosphere, knowledgable leadership, workday flies by.
Cons: area traffic
I was recruited from another company last year. The leadership is appropriate and well suited for self-starters. We are provided the tools to succeed and management is always willing to help if we need assistance. But just like everything else in life, here, success isn't going to come looking for you. You have to pursue it diligently.

About Crescent Processing Company

Crescent Processing Company ("Crescent") is an innovative provider of electronic payment processing services to tens – Read more