Crestline Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

No comment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2016
I do not wish to provide any comments and/or feedback on working for this company at this time. Thank you for your interest in my opinion.
High management turnover
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCApril 6, 2016
The new general manager is not a good fit for the job and the assistant general manager doesn't stand up for the people who work hard for them been through 4 general managers in 6 months new general manager yells at his employees and gossips with line level employees crestline is a great company as far as benefits and pay the management at this property is bad
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Short lunches, bad attitudes
Fun Reliable Workplace
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDMarch 1, 2016
my typical day of work here I loved I had benefits, fun, hours I loved this job my co-workers were all good people I looked forward to my typical day here
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
N/A
❤ Best Company that I've ever worked for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2016
I have been in hospitality for over 15years. I've only worked for four companies and hands down this is the best one that I have EVER worked for. Every company has it's pro's and con's but the pro's out weigh the cons. Pro's: family oriented, promote within, training and development, Appreciation for team members and Mangers. Mangers have a voice and support from not only their General Manager s but from their Regional manager s and company Executives. I had to take maternity leave, but wanted to return to work before my leave was up, my General Manager called and advised me not to rush back to work until I was at 100% he reassured me that my job was not be jeopardize, however my health was more important. He even worked it out for me to get extended pay. Words cant express the amout of gratitude I have for Crestline. I regret having to leave the company, due to location, If i had to do it over again, I would have stayed.
Pros
Cons
work long hours
Maybe not ready for SoCal
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  AnaheimJanuary 6, 2016
We were told they are new in California and we had to help Crestline develop a new hotel they purchased.
Everyone in Management kept getting fired it was crazy! I hear that the new ones are quitting. The whole back office was cleared. Literally. We kept getting visits from corporate but everything was so secretive and we were promised great things with every visit and got stabbed in the back from our corporate confidants each time. I had to leave because they essentially told me there was no room for growth, that I had to move to the other side of the country if they accepted me there.

Maybe it is better in the East Coast though since they cover more hotels and have been around longer.

HR was always wonderful and always trying to help. We had a lot of support from staff.
Pros
Benefits are good because of the chain we represented.
Cons
Huge turnover in management, broken promises, backstabbing.
worse company ever not EEO company
bistro (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2015
This company needs to be shut down completely they over work you no breaks no HR support and if your black don't even bother applying you might get hired but after a few months you will see what i mean crest line has the nerve to affiliate its self with the Marriott wow EEO doesn't apply here nor does common sense save yourself the hassle of applying and move on trust me all you will get out of this company is hassles and headaches and out the door quicker than when you came in
Cons
not EEO no hlong hours no breaks
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 2, 2015
I had a blast working for this company. They are very hands on with the workers and have monthly activities that get all the departments together for some fun. Management is great, Co-workers are wonderful people.
Pros
great environment
Front desk
Front desk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2015
This company is one of the worst company to work for,,, management is the worst lazy and do not hot want to do anything to help out
Pros
no pros
Cons
to many to name
work at crestline
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work is you come in and load your cart with the stuff you need for the rooms then you strip beds , clean , mop , vacuum
Pros
the pay and the amount of understanding
Cons
only 30 mins for lunch .
Like other have stated" The worst company I ever worked for!!
Cheif Enhgineer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk VA regionJune 9, 2015
Crestline is one of those company's that has some premier hotels and then manages some real bad hotels. They manage hotels for owners with questionable human resources practices, and several in the Norfolk/Newport News/ Williamsburg VA area are true jokes and should be investigated by the State. I was went to several as I filled in for the many Engineering openings in the region. I was embarrassed daily at the conditions of the hotels, especially the older properties. The turnover in this region I staggering! One hotel has had seven GM in 11 months, 5 task force and 2 who were suppose to be permanent. Crestline needs to divest itself of hotels that tarnish its already murky reputation. Accumulating hotels and stating we are growing all the time, is not a strategy to be admired.
Pros
None I could see
Cons
Chronic Turner, the worst communication, dated and run down hotels and HR is a real joke.
One of the worst company's I ever worked for no work life balance and the turn over was crazy.
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMarch 23, 2015
Don't work for this company!! Beware just check out how many open positions there are, that speaks for itself!! It was the worst experience I have had no communication, no leadership and no systems in place. They set you up for failure!
Cons
no work life balance, no promotion from with in, pay is not competitive
Great Company
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER / OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2014
Great company with all the benefits you would like. Great co-workers that will help you with anything.
Great Place to work, good people.
Operations Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 4, 2013
Unfortunately this is a Hospitality position where revenue is based upon room occupancy and sales.

Occupancy down equals hours cut or terminations....

This is still a Great place to work, during the busy tourist season.
Pros
excellent corporate support
Cons
hours and personnel cut during off season.
The BEST Hospitality company in hampton Roads
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAMay 8, 2013
Although I worked the late shift, I enjoyed working with Crestline because of the family relationship I had with other employees and Management. My best and worst experiences came from this company and I don't regret anything. The pay scale was decent and the benefits made it better especially when you gain seniority. Crestline really takes care of their employees. They encourage you to move up within the company. Unfortunately the last property I worked at was bought out and changed hotel management companies. I definately recommend this company to work for.
Pros
family oriented within a corporation, decent wages and great benefits to top it off.
Cons
sometimes you will encounter that very needy guest that is never satisfied
productivevity
Director of Banquet Operations (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2013
My typical day challenging
I learn to be succesful in my line work is to work with internal and external. As working with others is better and rewarding then by self
Cusomer satisfaction, healthy and hapy employees, team work I learn as a manger. the hardest part of my work is making sure all department work together as one. the enjoyable part of my work is happy clients and satisfaction on the gusts face as ther exite
Pros
free parking, no red tape
Cons
heathcare, 401k
Fun place to work
Accounting/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 24, 2012
It was a good staff to work with. Evryone worked together as a team. We had fun outside of work
Pros
for the most part everyone got a long
Cons
some time i worked very long hours