Crestline Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Courtyard Carlsbad (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 4, 2017
All in all its great place to work, great staff. There can be slight communications problems between departments but it management is approachable most of the time.
Pros
Great benefits, management is good
Cons
Not great Communication
Gsa
Front Desk Agent and Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2017
You would have a lot of stress on this position. GSTs have a lot of very different complaints and you would need to use a lot of passion and understanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A lot of stress
Company Growing Too Quickly
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 17, 2017
The company has grown exponentially in the last few years and they've lost sight of the employees at the bottom of the ladder. If you want your employees to take care of your guests, take care of your employees. Implement safety standards and better employee recognition, as well as better channels for employees to feel heard even at the lowest level. Training is also very important. Every employee at the hotel is in a customer-service position and should be trained and hired under that mindset. Stop leaning so heavily on Brand Standards to dictate whether a hotel is a functional hotel or not.
Pros
Guaranteed interviews for internal transfers
Cons
Understaffing
I enjoy to work for Crestline
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 4, 2017
Good management and Excellent team work at the hotel. Having always fun even busy summer season. Departments help each other all the time. Managers are so friendly.
Pros
Employee appreciation week, monthly luncheon
Cons
Affordable health insurance and Good benefits
its ok
Lead Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2016
Management hold personal grudges and cut work hrs and don't want to give well deserved raises for the excessive work given.
Pros
busy work flow
Cons
poor pay and management
Good company
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 12, 2016
It is a good company to work for with a number of growth opportunities. Solid set of values promote a positive environment, especially for hourly associates.
Was only here for about four days.
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2016
I was working at the Hyatt Place in Uptown Albuquerque. Working here was not at all like I would have expected. The check out and receptioning part of the job was very difficult with the programming. It was not easy to grasp and takes a while to learn it. Also the computer and phones were really old and outdated. The hardest part was that they were short handed up front so it was hard, because you had many tasks to perform at one time. You had to cook the food for the guests when they ordered room service and this can be at some times ten people or more, by yourself because someone has to be at the front. Also they were training us to clean the rooms as well when the housekeeping left for the day and a guest needed a room cleaned. The closing of the register was difficult because of the paper work as well. The communication between the other associates seemed trouble like there was gossip. Also I did work on my feet for six hours and then got only an hour break. In the full eight hour shift you would only get a half hour break so it was a lot. You would have quite a bit of down time in between guests so you were left not doing much but standing there once you did all your work, and then you would get three or more guests at a time so was kind of weird but expected for a hotel. This job was overwhelming and I hope this helps someone before they decide to work here.
Pros
Down time, first week trained with manager.
Cons
Short lunch, long time on feet, cooking as a chef, cleaning rooms, gossiping associates, overwhelming multitasks
Fraudulent activity is condoned.
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 10, 2016
Malicious. Working with snakes !

Your lively hood is in jeopardy when honest about the treatment management displays.
Pros
Individuals in non-management positions going far and beyond to help others.
Cons
If you're hard working and honest STAY AWAY!!Conniving Corporate manager, GM, and AGM.
Unrealistic Expectations
Sales (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 5, 2016
Wonderful opportunity for advancement stated at time of hiring and first few months were great however, completely unachievable goals were set for staff. Expected to be able to remedy problems in short timeframes without tools or assistance from other departments to do so. Extremely long hours and many times working remotely during off time and vacation.
Pros
brand discounts and training
Cons
No work life balance
Overview of Crestline Hotels & Resorts
Front Desk Agent/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451September 2, 2016
I check guests in and out of hotel, answer phone calls, and make reservations. I've learned how to satisfy my guests by honoring their request and more. The management was actually good but could have been better. I do have a few co-workers that actually comes to work to actually work. The hardest part of the job is when I am not able to honor certain requests from guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am recognized for my work ethics through management and online surveys from guests.
Pros
Discounted food and rooms at Marriott locations.
Cons
Some supervisors have poor professionalism.
Not what I expected...
Front Desk/Gallery Host (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 31, 2016
At my particular location, management blatantly plays favorites and even hosts with degrees have no room for advancement. I did make very good friends here, and made friends/acquaintances with many regulars. However, every time something goes wrong around the hotel, management takes it out on front desk employees.
Pros
Lots of good stuff to learn, Point of Sale, Opera, etc
Cons
Clashing personalities, no room for advancement
Do not apply
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 3, 2016
They get rid of great talent dont know how to treat there employees in Williamsburg.never apply for fort magruder in Williamsburg now Kim running the desk disaster in the making. Never keep a great crew these nobody to trust
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Trust nobody on this property
No comment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2016
I do not wish to provide any comments and/or feedback on working for this company at this time. Thank you for your interest in my opinion.
High management turnover
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCApril 6, 2016
The new general manager is not a good fit for the job and the assistant general manager doesn't stand up for the people who work hard for them been through 4 general managers in 6 months new general manager yells at his employees and gossips with line level employees crestline is a great company as far as benefits and pay the management at this property is bad
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Short lunches, bad attitudes
Fun Reliable Workplace
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDMarch 1, 2016
my typical day of work here I loved I had benefits, fun, hours I loved this job my co-workers were all good people I looked forward to my typical day here
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
N/A
❤ Best Company that I've ever worked for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2016
I have been in hospitality for over 15years. I've only worked for four companies and hands down this is the best one that I have EVER worked for. Every company has it's pro's and con's but the pro's out weigh the cons. Pro's: family oriented, promote within, training and development, Appreciation for team members and Mangers. Mangers have a voice and support from not only their General Manager s but from their Regional manager s and company Executives. I had to take maternity leave, but wanted to return to work before my leave was up, my General Manager called and advised me not to rush back to work until I was at 100% he reassured me that my job was not be jeopardize, however my health was more important. He even worked it out for me to get extended pay. Words cant express the amout of gratitude I have for Crestline. I regret having to leave the company, due to location, If i had to do it over again, I would have stayed.
Pros
Cons
work long hours
Maybe not ready for SoCal
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  AnaheimJanuary 6, 2016
We were told they are new in California and we had to help Crestline develop a new hotel they purchased.
Everyone in Management kept getting fired it was crazy! I hear that the new ones are quitting. The whole back office was cleared. Literally. We kept getting visits from corporate but everything was so secretive and we were promised great things with every visit and got stabbed in the back from our corporate confidants each time. I had to leave because they essentially told me there was no room for growth, that I had to move to the other side of the country if they accepted me there.

Maybe it is better in the East Coast though since they cover more hotels and have been around longer.

HR was always wonderful and always trying to help. We had a lot of support from staff.
Pros
Benefits are good because of the chain we represented.
Cons
Huge turnover in management, broken promises, backstabbing.
worse company ever not EEO company
bistro (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2015
This company needs to be shut down completely they over work you no breaks no HR support and if your black don't even bother applying you might get hired but after a few months you will see what i mean crest line has the nerve to affiliate its self with the Marriott wow EEO doesn't apply here nor does common sense save yourself the hassle of applying and move on trust me all you will get out of this company is hassles and headaches and out the door quicker than when you came in
Cons
not EEO no hlong hours no breaks
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 2, 2015
I had a blast working for this company. They are very hands on with the workers and have monthly activities that get all the departments together for some fun. Management is great, Co-workers are wonderful people.
Pros
great environment
Front desk
Front desk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2015
This company is one of the worst company to work for,,, management is the worst lazy and do not hot want to do anything to help out
Pros
no pros
Cons
to many to name

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crestline Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9