Crestron Electronics

work life balance
Vice President (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJJune 30, 2013
horrible work life balance
24x7
owner is a lunatic and management is dictatorship
do not recommend working here unless you want no work life balance
friendly co-workers, get along well
Tester/Assembler/Engraving/Data - Encoder (Current Employee), Rockleigh New JerseyJune 9, 2013
Pros: etc.
Cons: short break
very cooperative, mostly are team work system.fast learner for doing such as multi task of work.and of course very friendly to everyone.
Despite all its accolades it’s easily the most mismanaged company I have worked for my entire life
Electronic Equipment Tester (Former Employee), Rockleigh, NJMay 20, 2013
Pros: many good products
Cons: at the expence unnecessary poor employee morale
It will be impossible to keep my negative comments to a minimum. What I have learned about this company is they keep their overhead down by hiring the unskilled. The employees remain that way for the most part due to Crestron’s lack of training. They have developed a blind leading the blind method of teaching their production staff how to efficiently – more... do their jobs. Everyone that works there is overworked. The morale on the production end is horrible. When they’re not treating their production staff as if they’re in elementary school there treating them as if they are in the military. Most production employees are just there to get a paycheck. Management does little to boost morale there unless it entirely to their benefit.
As far as management goes it’s a work in progress. A young company who seems at most times to be learning how to deal with its employees by trial and error. More error than trial. There too busy trying to remain cutting edge to pay attention to what is going on around them internally. It’s one of those cover you’re a** environments. Instead of everyone working together it’s back stabbing incorporated. Poor communication between departments that causes constant mishaps that are totally avoidable.

You can look at this review as if I’m just another disgruntled employee or you can just see it as someone being honest. You work there then you decide. – less
Boring and long days
Maintenance (Current Employee), Cresskill, NJFebruary 1, 2013
My co-workers are nice and most managers are nice but they have become extremely strict with adding lots of rules and protocol.
if you love being micromanaged with zero recognition this is the place for you
Electronics Tecnician (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJOctober 3, 2012
Pros: 401(k), employee discount program
Cons: extremely low wages, draconic, ever=changing policies
over the past year and a half Crestron has continuously amazed me with there ever-expanding list of rather bizarre rules and regulations. It is a revolving-door company, wit the highest turnover rate I have witnesses in my 23 year since graduating college. The salaries are horrendous, easily 20% below the average salaries in the area. Management prides – more... itself on hiring people every Monday, but doesn't mention that they are constantly hiring to replace those who quit in droves. – less
productive
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), NJSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: worked with friends at the job
Cons: double tax
5:00pm to 1:30 am monday thur friday first couple of days it was hard but then it got easier. used your hands and power tools to put screws in components.
lowest wages they can get away with
Assembler (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJFebruary 26, 2012
Crestron's success is on the backs of a terribly underpaid workforce - particularly the assembly workers. I have worked there for three weeks at a pay rate of under $9 per hour. I will be leaving this job as soon as possible.

About Crestron Electronics

Crestron Electronics doesn't mind if its customers have control issues. The company provides hardware and software used to control – Read more