Crestron Electronics

Crestron Electronics Employee Reviews

Company could be better
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJMay 27, 2015
Very stingy with its employees in terms of time off and pay. Raises are sad.

Work culture changes based on each individual department's management.
NO ADVANCEMENT
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Orangeburg, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: overtime if you need the money.
Cons: New rules daily. favoritism
I've worked for almost 3 years in the shipping department at the Orangburg facility. During my run there I've worked with great people within my department , however management is a joke. With all the the hard work and overtime you put it, it gets un noticed. Very little pay for hardwork, standing on your feet for 8-10 hours. Department change or shift change? Good luck. Despite of my 2 year run, I've asked for a shift change so that i can schedule myself to go back to school. In one ear and out the other. Everything goes by favoritism . In order to be liked by the shipping supervisors , mainly the daytime ones, you have to either play video games they like, watch the same sports as them or simply have the same interests. Very unproffessional. New rules are applied everyday. Also there are different rules for different people , and special privileges for some employees. Im glad i got out of that place. The shipping department should only be a pit stop in your life , unless you really like the workload it comes with. I absolutely do not recommend this place unless you really need a job and are willing to settle for slave work. Only good thing is that if you need overtime and the extra money , its always available .
Extreme micromanagement
Manager (Current Employee), Rockleigh, New JerseyApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free coffee all day
A good group of people to work with. Senior management though micro-manages and does not listen to employees. Most insight is hindsight.
reynold gloudon
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Orangeburg, NYNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: nice co workers
always stay busy shipping orders and making sure everything is in place. how to get along with a lot of people management not to nice to work with. co workers very nice. no part was hard. going there every day and getting the job don.
lunch room
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Orangeburg, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: worked with coworkers to complete a large task
Cons: management did not communicate with each other
crestron overall was a good job i enjoyed working together with my coworkers to complete a task as a group the management was not that good because there was no communication between the different shift managers
horrible
Finance/Accounting (Former Employee), Rockleigh, NJAugust 26, 2014
Cons: everything
One of the worst companies I have worked for in 30 years. There are NO perks; no cafetrria, no gym, no summer hours, only 8 paid holidays vs the typical 10. If you are given 10 paid days they include sick, personal and vacation all rolled into one called PTO (paid time off). Health insurance is very expensive. The HR department is a joke; leaving early the day before a holiday, arriving late on a daily basis etc. The president has his inner circle, most of whom have only worked at Crestron, so they have no other experience to draw from.
A dry atmosphere to work in
Software Analyst & Developer (Former Employee), Rockleigh, NJAugust 3, 2014
Pros: tons of home electronics equipment to play with.
Cons: benefits are weak and do not kick in until you have been there 90 days.
In engineering, they hold your nose to the grindstone with no tolerance for mistakes. Management to employee communication is a one way street. I received no constructive feedback/guidance for growing into the position I was hired for, considering that it was fairly new to me.

That aside, the work environment is quite good and healthy. I did learn quite a bit about software engineering that I did not know previously. I am better off for the experience.
Micromanaged Low-paying job in extremely high turnover company
High Voltage Electronics Technician, Team Leader (Former Employee), Rockleigh, NJJuly 22, 2014
Pros: 401k, health/vision/dental (80/20), some corporate discounts
Cons: more structured then military, micromanaged, ridiculous rules (no scotch tape-too expensive)
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE-AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Good overall benefits, but only 10 days combined vacation/sick/personal days
Micromanaged every minute by technical director with business, not technical background.
Lowest morale of any company I have ever worked for in my 25 years of work experience
Secure but not alot of advancement
Engineere (Current Employee), Rockleigh,NJMarch 4, 2014
Cons: pay increases are minimal
Older minded company in a transitional period. Could be very good if they achieve what they set out for.
stable job, no culture
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJOctober 31, 2013
Pros: cool technology, possibility to learn a lot on your own time
Cons: tough environment, no culture, hard work goes unnoticed
I am an engineer at Crestron and having come from a place that had a great culture. I was shocked at the introverted work work work environment at Crestron. There is no encouragement for networking, there is limited visibility for how well the company is doing and the future goals of the company. The management style of being rude arrogant and unfriendly trickles down from the owner himself.

Crestron has cool technology and you could learn a lot but Crestron doesnt promote learning and career growth, its a tough place.

The company is the most stable thing going on in the northern NJ area so despite my dissatisfaction there is nowhere else to go!
I work I get the job done!
Web Developer (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJAugust 18, 2013
Pros: i love to stay busy
Cons: does anyone notice how hard i work.
Come to work read my email from over night. Open up VS and start o r resume my current projects. Answer some call on projects, bug or user information. Meetings, Review project, Schedule meetings. More coding. Lunch, did I call my wife? Working until my wife say have you left yet at less three or four times.
production
Tester (Former Employee), Rockleigh N.JAugust 13, 2013
Had a lot of experience in the manufacturing industry. Did a lot of repetitive testing. overall I enjoyed this job
work life balance
Vice President (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJJune 30, 2013
horrible work life balance
24x7
owner is a lunatic and management is dictatorship
do not recommend working here unless you want no work life balance
friendly co-workers, get along well
Tester/Assembler/Engraving/Data - Encoder (Current Employee), Rockleigh New JerseyJune 9, 2013
Pros: etc.
Cons: short break
very cooperative, mostly are team work system.fast learner for doing such as multi task of work.and of course very friendly to everyone.
Boring and long days
Maintenance (Current Employee), Cresskill, NJFebruary 1, 2013
My co-workers are nice and most managers are nice but they have become extremely strict with adding lots of rules and protocol.
if you love being micromanaged with zero recognition this is the place for you
Electronics Tecnician (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJOctober 3, 2012
Pros: 401(k), employee discount program
Cons: extremely low wages, draconic, ever=changing policies
over the past year and a half Crestron has continuously amazed me with there ever-expanding list of rather bizarre rules and regulations. It is a revolving-door company, wit the highest turnover rate I have witnesses in my 23 year since graduating college. The salaries are horrendous, easily 20% below the average salaries in the area. Management prides itself on hiring people every Monday, but doesn't mention that they are constantly hiring to replace those who quit in droves.
productive
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), NJSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: worked with friends at the job
Cons: double tax
5:00pm to 1:30 am monday thur friday first couple of days it was hard but then it got easier. used your hands and power tools to put screws in components.
My time at Crestron
Senior Solderer/Service Department (Former Employee), Rockleigh, NJAugust 11, 2012
I really enjoyed my job at Crestron. Its a family environment and I really miss all the wonderful people I met there. I have seen go getters be advanced into management very quickly. Its a fast paced job and if it was closer to my family I would have stayed. I recommend this place to anyone looking for work..
So-so company
Electronic Tester/Assembler Operator (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJMarch 27, 2012
Pros: co-workers, team-work, interesting production
Cons: put too much stress on individuals, constant yelling from the boss, exaggerated multi-task
Get materials, build and get the quota for that day. Learned many things such as mechanically assembling and troubleshoot units/products that was made. Overall management would have been great but certain manager are very confusing and most of the time changes their decision last minute. Co-workers are very responsible and understanding. They will listen, and help each other. Hardest part of the job would be running an assembly line that originally consist of 7 people, but only 4 people are available to work. This will cause some individual to run 2-3 station by themselves. Most enjoyable part of the job is running an assembly line with the full group and constantly finishing the quota for the day.
lowest wages they can get away with
Assembler (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJFebruary 26, 2012
Crestron's success is on the backs of a terribly underpaid workforce - particularly the assembly workers. I have worked there for three weeks at a pay rate of under $9 per hour. I will be leaving this job as soon as possible.

About Crestron Electronics

Crestron Electronics doesn't mind if its customers have control issues. The company provides hardware and software used to control – Read more