Crestron Electronics

Crestron Electronics Employer Reviews

horrible
Finance/Accounting (Former Employee), Rockleigh, NJAugust 26, 2014
Cons: everything
One of the worst companies I have worked for in 30 years. There are NO perks; no cafetrria, no gym, no summer hours, only 8 paid holidays vs the typical 10. If you are given 10 paid days they include sick, personal and vacation all rolled into one called PTO (paid time off). Health insurance is very expensive. The HR department is a joke; leaving early – more... the day before a holiday, arriving late on a daily basis etc. The president has his inner circle, most of whom have only worked at Crestron, so they have no other experience to draw from. – less
A dry atmosphere to work in
Software Analyst & Developer (Former Employee), Rockleigh, NJAugust 3, 2014
Pros: tons of home electronics equipment to play with.
Cons: benefits are weak and do not kick in until you have been there 90 days.
In engineering, they hold your nose to the grindstone with no tolerance for mistakes. Management to employee communication is a one way street. I received no constructive feedback/guidance for growing into the position I was hired for, considering that it was fairly new to me.

That aside, the work environment is quite good and healthy. I did learn – more... quite a bit about software engineering that I did not know previously. I am better off for the experience. – less
Micromanaged Low-paying job in extremely high turnover company
High Voltage Electronics Technician, Team Leader (Former Employee), Rockleigh, NJJuly 22, 2014
Pros: 401k, health/vision/dental (80/20), some corporate discounts
Cons: more structured then military, micromanaged, ridiculous rules (no scotch tape-too expensive)
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE-AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Good overall benefits, but only 10 days combined vacation/sick/personal days
Micromanaged every minute by technical director with business, not technical background.
Lowest morale of any company I have ever worked for in my 25 years of work experience
stable job, no culture
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJOctober 31, 2013
Pros: cool technology, possibility to learn a lot on your own time
Cons: tough environment, no culture, hard work goes unnoticed
I am an engineer at Crestron and having come from a place that had a great culture. I was shocked at the introverted work work work environment at Crestron. There is no encouragement for networking, there is limited visibility for how well the company is doing and the future goals of the company. The management style of being rude arrogant and unfriendly – more... trickles down from the owner himself.

Crestron has cool technology and you could learn a lot but Crestron doesnt promote learning and career growth, its a tough place.

The company is the most stable thing going on in the northern NJ area so despite my dissatisfaction there is nowhere else to go! – less
work life balance
Vice President (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJJune 30, 2013
horrible work life balance
24x7
owner is a lunatic and management is dictatorship
do not recommend working here unless you want no work life balance
friendly co-workers, get along well
Tester/Assembler/Engraving/Data - Encoder (Current Employee), Rockleigh New JerseyJune 9, 2013
Pros: etc.
Cons: short break
very cooperative, mostly are team work system.fast learner for doing such as multi task of work.and of course very friendly to everyone.
Despite all its accolades it’s easily the most mismanaged company I have worked for my entire life
Electronic Equipment Tester (Former Employee), Rockleigh, NJMay 20, 2013
Pros: many good products
Cons: at the expence unnecessary poor employee morale
It will be impossible to keep my negative comments to a minimum. What I have learned about this company is they keep their overhead down by hiring the unskilled. The employees remain that way for the most part due to Crestron’s lack of training. They have developed a blind leading the blind method of teaching their production staff how to efficiently – more... do their jobs. Everyone that works there is overworked. The morale on the production end is horrible. When they’re not treating their production staff as if they’re in elementary school there treating them as if they are in the military. Most production employees are just there to get a paycheck. Management does little to boost morale there unless it entirely to their benefit.
As far as management goes it’s a work in progress. A young company who seems at most times to be learning how to deal with its employees by trial and error. More error than trial. There too busy trying to remain cutting edge to pay attention to what is going on around them internally. It’s one of those cover you’re a** environments. Instead of everyone working together it’s back stabbing incorporated. Poor communication between departments that causes constant mishaps that are totally avoidable.

You can look at this review as if I’m just another disgruntled employee or you can just see it as someone being honest. You work there then you decide. – less
if you love being micromanaged with zero recognition this is the place for you
Electronics Tecnician (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJOctober 3, 2012
Pros: 401(k), employee discount program
Cons: extremely low wages, draconic, ever=changing policies
over the past year and a half Crestron has continuously amazed me with there ever-expanding list of rather bizarre rules and regulations. It is a revolving-door company, wit the highest turnover rate I have witnesses in my 23 year since graduating college. The salaries are horrendous, easily 20% below the average salaries in the area. Management prides – more... itself on hiring people every Monday, but doesn't mention that they are constantly hiring to replace those who quit in droves. – less
productive
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), NJSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: worked with friends at the job
Cons: double tax
5:00pm to 1:30 am monday thur friday first couple of days it was hard but then it got easier. used your hands and power tools to put screws in components.
lowest wages they can get away with
Assembler (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJFebruary 26, 2012
Crestron's success is on the backs of a terribly underpaid workforce - particularly the assembly workers. I have worked there for three weeks at a pay rate of under $9 per hour. I will be leaving this job as soon as possible.

About Crestron Electronics

Crestron Electronics doesn't mind if its customers have control issues. The company provides hardware and software used to control – Read more