Crestron Electronics Employee Reviews

good work with good people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 31, 2016
Good working environment, easy work, nice coworkers.
Good boss, packing electronic units, nice shift, it was the second shift. Easy to follow instructions in the computer. A very helping supervisor, easy to find the parts that I needed to pack the units.
Pros
free coffee
nice co-workers
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 5, 2016
Nice co-workers, poor management, not enough vacation time, nice environment overall. The pay rate in my position was competitive.
Great people within company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  njSeptember 30, 2016
Friendly environment.....Good management......very busy everyday....Saturdays are minimal...........very accommodating with special requests..........
Small department with very little cultural diversity
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJSeptember 1, 2016
Nothing much to note. This was a temporary work assignment that lasted just 8 weeks with no possible extension or invite to join their company even though I fulfilled my job with excellence.
Pros
If there was any I would note it.
Cons
Lack of available parking spaces for workers
creston
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJuly 15, 2016
good place to work but they are very unfair my grandfather died
i had to attend his funeral and they were not nice its like family doesnt matter
Pros
good place to work
Cons
unfair
Facilities are all about work
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJApril 21, 2016
a typical day at work consists of clocking in and jumping right into work, resolving tickets and shipping out equipment for remote users. The IT staff are very helpful and welcoming. They have a good balance of teaching you things you need to know but while at the same time allowing you to learn on your own. Co-workers in the IT department are unique, funny, and sociable. Hardest part of the job is addressing everyones concerns in one day. IT department is understaffed. Most enjoyable aspect of the job is learning more and being able to address issues on your own and seeing the increase in your knowledge and ability to handle particular issues.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Dated equipment, no standard of equipment 5 users can have 5 different type of machines
Good solid place in the Burbs
Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJApril 3, 2016
Its a simple relatively stable and pleasant company. The Location is not exactly the most fun though. If you don't mind the burbs it's great.
I got terminated!!!!
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  6 volvo, Rockleigh njMarch 19, 2016
I worked at Crestron for 9 years, co- workers were good to work with. In my first years it was great to work at Crestron. As the years went by there were so many rules and regulations it was crazy.In my 9th year I got hurt on the job and I had to get a operation,it took more than 90 days and they terminated me. Imagine after 9 years!!!
Pros
Co-workers are good to work with
Cons
Rules have to be changed

Comment – March 20, 2016

I'm sorry for telling you this bad news. Now I have no job and if I wanted to start all over again I would lose all my benefits.

Working @Crestron
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NjMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work in Crestron updating Test plans, Test scripts, attending meetings for new requirements.
I have learned Supply Chain applications SAP/CRM and Warehouse Management functionality, testing the applications and managing Quality Center for Defect management, Test Plans and Test Scripts, creating new projects, User Profiles etc.
We had a good team and was good team player. Worked well with other team members.
The hardest part of the job was too much expectations and less communication.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new everyday.
Dead end
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJFebruary 8, 2016
The Company became a nightmare to work for with the arrival of relatively new Management, including HR Director. They simply do not care about people but themselves and their clueless relatives whom they bring in. Sad, very-very sad to say the least...

Want to know more about Crestron Electronics?

Ask a question
Disorganized at best
CUSTOMER SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJFebruary 1, 2016
No work life balance
Disorganized on all levels of management
A ridiculous amount of nepotism
Medical benefits are extremely expensive if adding a child or spouse.
For management
data analyst (Current Employee) –  Northvale, NJDecember 18, 2015
Management need to be upgrade, need to upgrade new staff
never get credit , if you are doing good, hard and accurate work
overall the company really big and world wild, too many people
Crestron was a great place
Order Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJDecember 4, 2015
Excellent place to work with co-works (fun/enjoyable)
no room to grow
normal red tape and politics - nothing outside the norm
hardest part of the job was not being able to grow into new positions
did learn SAP and was able to pass my knowledge to new hires
Pros
best co-workers around
Cons
turnaround in the department (no one stays long)
Corporate vice grip tightening around your nuts day after day
Corporate Slave (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJNovember 27, 2015
If you enjoy working for a company that has you doing hamster wheel activities with almost zero room for advancement at the lowest possible pay wages while simultaneously being treated like a pawn in a chess game to be used up at the hierarchy's expense and receiving no recognition, incentive, or reward for working hard, then Crestron is the company for you.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Management and HR are a joke, The wages are insulting, Pay raises and annual increases are pathetic. Management makes empty promises, Brainless work
Not much room for advancement
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 5, 2015
Private company, so things are much different than a publicly owned company. Little room for advancement unless you are an engineer or tech support.
Pros
Occasional travel, tradeshows
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Secure employment always busy. Company continually growing
Contract Manufacturing Liaison \ Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh New JerseyAugust 25, 2015
Fast paced work environment. Constantly changing duties and responsibilities, Crestron Electronics creates hundreds of new products each year. Employees need to be excellent at multi-tasking, and able to prioritize several objectives continuously. You need to demonstrate working individually and working with others to accomplish your goals.
Pros
exposure to leading edge technology in Automation Control and many electronic products.
Cons
good performance is rewarded with more assigments and responsiblities
Rockleigh - Building 6
Stockroom (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJuly 14, 2015
As mentioned elsewhere, the pay is insulting. The company was recommended to me, but I would not recommend it to anyone else. Culture is non-existent, and there's segregation between buildings, departments, hourly vs. salary employees. The safety rules and policies are over-kill. The head of safety compliance is an abusive person, well protected by senior management. There's not much room for advancement at all. You can only hope to transfer positions after a 6 month period. Training was pitiful. I was essentially just thrown to my desk with expectations.... I enjoyed my co-workers. Lots of decent folks there you work along side with,
Pros
Decent co-workers
Cons
Too many to list
Company could be better
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJMay 27, 2015
Very stingy with its employees in terms of time off and pay. Raises are sad.

Work culture changes based on each individual department's management.
No advancement
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMay 4, 2015
I've worked for almost 3 years in the shipping department at the Orangburg facility. During my run there I've worked with great people within my department , however management is a joke. With all the the hard work and overtime you put it, it gets un noticed. Very little pay for hardwork, standing on your feet for 8-10 hours. Department change or shift change? Good luck. Despite of my 2 year run, I've asked for a shift change so that i can schedule myself to go back to school. In one ear and out the other. Everything goes by favoritism . In order to be liked by the shipping supervisors , mainly the daytime ones, you have to either play video games they like, watch the same sports as them or simply have the same interests. Very unproffessional. New rules are applied everyday. Also there are different rules for different people , and special privileges for some employees. Im glad i got out of that place. The shipping department should only be a pit stop in your life , unless you really like the workload it comes with. I absolutely do not recommend this place unless you really need a job and are willing to settle for slave work. Only good thing is that if you need overtime and the extra money , its always available .
Pros
overtime if you need the money.
Cons
New rules daily. favoritism
Extreme micromanagement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, New JerseyApril 6, 2015
A good group of people to work with. Senior management though micro-manages and does not listen to employees. Most insight is hindsight.
Pros
Free coffee all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crestron Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4