Crestron Electronics Employee Reviews

nice co-workers
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 5, 2016
Nice co-workers, poor management, not enough vacation time, nice environment overall. The pay rate in my position was competitive.
Corporate vice grip tightening around your nuts day after day
Corporate Slave (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJNovember 27, 2015
If you enjoy working for a company that has you doing hamster wheel activities with almost zero room for advancement at the lowest possible pay wages while simultaneously being treated like a pawn in a chess game to be used up at the hierarchy's expense and receiving no recognition, incentive, or reward for working hard, then Crestron is the company for you.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Management and HR are a joke, The wages are insulting, Pay raises and annual increases are pathetic. Management makes empty promises, Brainless work
Great people within company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  njSeptember 30, 2016
Friendly environment.....Good management......very busy everyday....Saturdays are minimal...........very accommodating with special requests..........
Rockleigh - Building 6
Stockroom (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJuly 14, 2015
As mentioned elsewhere, the pay is insulting. The company was recommended to me, but I would not recommend it to anyone else. Culture is non-existent, and there's segregation between buildings, departments, hourly vs. salary employees. The safety rules and policies are over-kill. The head of safety compliance is an abusive person, well protected by senior management. There's not much room for advancement at all. You can only hope to transfer positions after a 6 month period. Training was pitiful. I was essentially just thrown to my desk with expectations.... I enjoyed my co-workers. Lots of decent folks there you work along side with,
Pros
Decent co-workers
Cons
Too many to list
Disorganized at best
CUSTOMER SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJFebruary 1, 2016
No work life balance
Disorganized on all levels of management
A ridiculous amount of nepotism
Medical benefits are extremely expensive if adding a child or spouse.
good work with good people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 31, 2016
Good working environment, easy work, nice coworkers.
Good boss, packing electronic units, nice shift, it was the second shift. Easy to follow instructions in the computer. A very helping supervisor, easy to find the parts that I needed to pack the units.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Small department with very little cultural diversity
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJSeptember 1, 2016
Nothing much to note. This was a temporary work assignment that lasted just 8 weeks with no possible extension or invite to join their company even though I fulfilled my job with excellence.
Pros
If there was any I would note it.
Cons
Lack of available parking spaces for workers
Working @Crestron
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NjMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work in Crestron updating Test plans, Test scripts, attending meetings for new requirements.
I have learned Supply Chain applications SAP/CRM and Warehouse Management functionality, testing the applications and managing Quality Center for Defect management, Test Plans and Test Scripts, creating new projects, User Profiles etc.
We had a good team and was good team player. Worked well with other team members.
The hardest part of the job was too much expectations and less communication.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new everyday.
stable job, no culture
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 31, 2013
I am an engineer at Crestron and having come from a place that had a great culture. I was shocked at the introverted work work work environment at Crestron. There is no encouragement for networking, there is limited visibility for how well the company is doing and the future goals of the company. The management style of being rude arrogant and unfriendly trickles down from the owner himself.

Crestron has cool technology and you could learn a lot but Crestron doesnt promote learning and career growth, its a tough place.

The company is the most stable thing going on in the northern NJ area so despite my dissatisfaction there is nowhere else to go!
Pros
cool technology, possibility to learn a lot on your own time
Cons
tough environment, no culture, hard work goes unnoticed
Facilities are all about work
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJApril 21, 2016
a typical day at work consists of clocking in and jumping right into work, resolving tickets and shipping out equipment for remote users. The IT staff are very helpful and welcoming. They have a good balance of teaching you things you need to know but while at the same time allowing you to learn on your own. Co-workers in the IT department are unique, funny, and sociable. Hardest part of the job is addressing everyones concerns in one day. IT department is understaffed. Most enjoyable aspect of the job is learning more and being able to address issues on your own and seeing the increase in your knowledge and ability to handle particular issues.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Dated equipment, no standard of equipment 5 users can have 5 different type of machines
creston
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJuly 15, 2016
good place to work but they are very unfair my grandfather died
i had to attend his funeral and they were not nice its like family doesnt matter
Pros
good place to work
Cons
unfair
Company could be better
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJMay 27, 2015
Very stingy with its employees in terms of time off and pay. Raises are sad.

Work culture changes based on each individual department's management.
A dry atmosphere to work in
Software Analyst & Developer (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJAugust 3, 2014
In engineering, they hold your nose to the grindstone with no tolerance for mistakes. Management to employee communication is a one way street. I received no constructive feedback/guidance for growing into the position I was hired for, considering that it was fairly new to me.

That aside, the work environment is quite good and healthy. I did learn quite a bit about software engineering that I did not know previously. I am better off for the experience.
Pros
Tons of home electronics equipment to play with.
Cons
benefits are weak and do not kick in until you have been there 90 days.
Dead end
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJFebruary 8, 2016
The Company became a nightmare to work for with the arrival of relatively new Management, including HR Director. They simply do not care about people but themselves and their clueless relatives whom they bring in. Sad, very-very sad to say the least...
I got terminated!!!!
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  6 volvo, Rockleigh njMarch 19, 2016
I worked at Crestron for 9 years, co- workers were good to work with. In my first years it was great to work at Crestron. As the years went by there were so many rules and regulations it was crazy.In my 9th year I got hurt on the job and I had to get a operation,it took more than 90 days and they terminated me. Imagine after 9 years!!!
Pros
Co-workers are good to work with
Cons
Rules have to be changed

Comment – March 20, 2016

I'm sorry for telling you this bad news. Now I have no job and if I wanted to start all over again I would lose all my benefits.

Crestron was a great place
Order Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJDecember 4, 2015
Excellent place to work with co-works (fun/enjoyable)
no room to grow
normal red tape and politics - nothing outside the norm
hardest part of the job was not being able to grow into new positions
did learn SAP and was able to pass my knowledge to new hires
Pros
best co-workers around
Cons
turnaround in the department (no one stays long)
Good solid place in the Burbs
Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJApril 3, 2016
Its a simple relatively stable and pleasant company. The Location is not exactly the most fun though. If you don't mind the burbs it's great.
For management
data analyst (Current Employee) –  Northvale, NJDecember 18, 2015
Management need to be upgrade, need to upgrade new staff
never get credit , if you are doing good, hard and accurate work
overall the company really big and world wild, too many people
So-so company
Electronic Tester/Assembler Operator (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJMarch 27, 2012
Get materials, build and get the quota for that day. Learned many things such as mechanically assembling and troubleshoot units/products that was made. Overall management would have been great but certain manager are very confusing and most of the time changes their decision last minute. Co-workers are very responsible and understanding. They will listen, and help each other. Hardest part of the job would be running an assembly line that originally consist of 7 people, but only 4 people are available to work. This will cause some individual to run 2-3 station by themselves. Most enjoyable part of the job is running an assembly line with the full group and constantly finishing the quota for the day.
Pros
co-workers, team-work, interesting production
Cons
put too much stress on individuals, constant yelling from the boss, exaggerated multi-task
if you love being micromanaged with zero recognition this is the place for you
Electronics Tecnician (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 3, 2012
over the past year and a half Crestron has continuously amazed me with there ever-expanding list of rather bizarre rules and regulations. It is a revolving-door company, wit the highest turnover rate I have witnesses in my 23 year since graduating college. The salaries are horrendous, easily 20% below the average salaries in the area. Management prides itself on hiring people every Monday, but doesn't mention that they are constantly hiring to replace those who quit in droves.
Pros
401(k), employee discount program
Cons
extremely low wages, draconic, ever=changing policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crestron Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4