Crestron Electronics

Crestron Electronics Employee Reviews

Disorganized at best
CUSTOMER SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJFebruary 1, 2016
No work life balance
Disorganized on all levels of management
A ridiculous amount of nepotism
Medical benefits are extremely expensive if adding a child or spouse.
For management
data analyst (Current Employee) –  Northvale, NJDecember 18, 2015
Management need to be upgrade, need to upgrade new staff
never get credit , if you are doing good, hard and accurate work
overall the company really big and world wild, too many people
Crestron was a great place
Order Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJDecember 4, 2015
Excellent place to work with co-works (fun/enjoyable)
no room to grow
normal red tape and politics - nothing outside the norm
hardest part of the job was not being able to grow into new positions
did learn SAP and was able to pass my knowledge to new hires
Pros
best co-workers around
Cons
turnaround in the department (no one stays long)
Corporate vice grip tightening around your nuts day after day
Corporate Slave (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJNovember 27, 2015
If you enjoy working for a company that has you doing hamster wheel activities with almost zero room for advancement at the lowest possible pay wages while simultaneously being treated like a pawn in a chess game to be used up at the hierarchy's expense and receiving no recognition, incentive, or reward for working hard, then Crestron is the company for you.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Management and HR are a joke, The wages are insulting, Pay raises and annual increases are pathetic. Management makes empty promises, Brainless work
Not much room for advancement
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 5, 2015
Private company, so things are much different than a publicly owned company. Little room for advancement unless you are an engineer or tech support.
Pros
Occasional travel, tradeshows
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Secure employment always busy. Company continually growing
Contract Manufacturing Liaison \ Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh New JerseyAugust 25, 2015
Fast paced work environment. Constantly changing duties and responsibilities, Crestron Electronics creates hundreds of new products each year. Employees need to be excellent at multi-tasking, and able to prioritize several objectives continuously. You need to demonstrate working individually and working with others to accomplish your goals.
Pros
exposure to leading edge technology in Automation Control and many electronic products.
Cons
good performance is rewarded with more assigments and responsiblities
Rockleigh - Building 6
Stockroom (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJuly 14, 2015
As mentioned elsewhere, the pay is insulting. The company was recommended to me, but I would not recommend it to anyone else. Culture is non-existent, and there's segregation between buildings, departments, hourly vs. salary employees. The safety rules and policies are over-kill. The head of safety compliance is an abusive person, well protected by senior management. There's not much room for advancement at all. You can only hope to transfer positions after a 6 month period. Training was pitiful. I was essentially just thrown to my desk with expectations.... I enjoyed my co-workers. Lots of decent folks there you work along side with,
Pros
Decent co-workers
Cons
Too many to list
Company could be better
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJMay 27, 2015
Very stingy with its employees in terms of time off and pay. Raises are sad.

Work culture changes based on each individual department's management.
NO ADVANCEMENT
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMay 4, 2015
I've worked for almost 3 years in the shipping department at the Orangburg facility. During my run there I've worked with great people within my department , however management is a joke. With all the the hard work and overtime you put it, it gets un noticed. Very little pay for hardwork, standing on your feet for 8-10 hours. Department change or shift change? Good luck. Despite of my 2 year run, I've asked for a shift change so that i can schedule myself to go back to school. In one ear and out the other. Everything goes by favoritism . In order to be liked by the shipping supervisors , mainly the daytime ones, you have to either play video games they like, watch the same sports as them or simply have the same interests. Very unproffessional. New rules are applied everyday. Also there are different rules for different people , and special privileges for some employees. Im glad i got out of that place. The shipping department should only be a pit stop in your life , unless you really like the workload it comes with. I absolutely do not recommend this place unless you really need a job and are willing to settle for slave work. Only good thing is that if you need overtime and the extra money , its always available .
Pros
overtime if you need the money.
Cons
New rules daily. favoritism
Extreme micromanagement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, New JerseyApril 6, 2015
A good group of people to work with. Senior management though micro-manages and does not listen to employees. Most insight is hindsight.
Pros
Free coffee all day
reynold gloudon
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYNovember 9, 2014
always stay busy shipping orders and making sure everything is in place. how to get along with a lot of people management not to nice to work with. co workers very nice. no part was hard. going there every day and getting the job don.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
nice co workers
lunch room
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYSeptember 4, 2014
crestron overall was a good job i enjoyed working together with my coworkers to complete a task as a group the management was not that good because there was no communication between the different shift managers
Pros
worked with coworkers to complete a large task
Cons
management did not communicate with each other
horrible
Finance/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJAugust 26, 2014
One of the worst companies I have worked for in 30 years. There are NO perks; no cafetrria, no gym, no summer hours, only 8 paid holidays vs the typical 10. If you are given 10 paid days they include sick, personal and vacation all rolled into one called PTO (paid time off). Health insurance is very expensive. The HR department is a joke; leaving early the day before a holiday, arriving late on a daily basis etc. The president has his inner circle, most of whom have only worked at Crestron, so they have no other experience to draw from.
Cons
everything
A dry atmosphere to work in
Software Analyst & Developer (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJAugust 3, 2014
In engineering, they hold your nose to the grindstone with no tolerance for mistakes. Management to employee communication is a one way street. I received no constructive feedback/guidance for growing into the position I was hired for, considering that it was fairly new to me.

That aside, the work environment is quite good and healthy. I did learn quite a bit about software engineering that I did not know previously. I am better off for the experience.
Pros
tons of home electronics equipment to play with.
Cons
benefits are weak and do not kick in until you have been there 90 days.
Micromanaged Low-paying job in extremely high turnover company
High Voltage Electronics Technician, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJuly 22, 2014
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE-AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Good overall benefits, but only 10 days combined vacation/sick/personal days
Micromanaged every minute by technical director with business, not technical background.
Lowest morale of any company I have ever worked for in my 25 years of work experience
Pros
401k, health/vision/dental (80/20), some corporate discounts
Cons
more structured then military, micromanaged, ridiculous rules (no scotch tape-too expensive)
Secure but not alot of advancement
Engineere (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh,NJMarch 4, 2014
Older minded company in a transitional period. Could be very good if they achieve what they set out for.
Cons
pay increases are minimal
stable job, no culture
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 31, 2013
I am an engineer at Crestron and having come from a place that had a great culture. I was shocked at the introverted work work work environment at Crestron. There is no encouragement for networking, there is limited visibility for how well the company is doing and the future goals of the company. The management style of being rude arrogant and unfriendly trickles down from the owner himself.

Crestron has cool technology and you could learn a lot but Crestron doesnt promote learning and career growth, its a tough place.

The company is the most stable thing going on in the northern NJ area so despite my dissatisfaction there is nowhere else to go!
Pros
cool technology, possibility to learn a lot on your own time
Cons
tough environment, no culture, hard work goes unnoticed
I work I get the job done!
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJAugust 18, 2013
Come to work read my email from over night. Open up VS and start o r resume my current projects. Answer some call on projects, bug or user information. Meetings, Review project, Schedule meetings. More coding. Lunch, did I call my wife? Working until my wife say have you left yet at less three or four times.
Pros
i love to stay busy
Cons
does anyone notice how hard i work.
production
Tester (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh N.JAugust 13, 2013
Had a lot of experience in the manufacturing industry. Did a lot of repetitive testing. overall I enjoyed this job
work life balance
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJune 30, 2013
horrible work life balance
24x7
owner is a lunatic and management is dictatorship
do not recommend working here unless you want no work life balance