Crestron Electronics Employee Reviews

A great starting point for someone who is looking to pursue their career in electronics.
SMT QC Inspector 2nd Shift (Current Employee) –  101 Broadway, Cresskill, NJJuly 10, 2017
Pleasant work environment, but limited opportunities for learning and advancement. I am looking to be a contributing member of a company that challenges me.
Pros
Company gym and health center.
Cons
Limited health plan
First Class
Executive Director, Northeast (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJune 19, 2017
Crestron is the market leader in the residential and commercial audio, video and integration industries. Tons of dedicated talented people. Very competitive with a "never lose" mentality
Quiet, self-starting, productive environment
Executive Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 24, 2017
The work environment was extremely relaxed yet professional and close knit. I enjoyed the freedom and responsibilities of my position. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Pros
Catered lunch
Cons
The review for this job is alright it can be better
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg NyApril 21, 2017
This job is a nice job as good as good as ours the nice benefits from that job the hours is good for several hours that you can work from a nice 9 to 5 or something that's good for you if you really wanted to work
keep looking
Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJApril 17, 2017
Here you will find constant fire fighting, firmware triage, and overly ambitious schedules without compromise. If you are looking to combine this with a poor work life balance, Crestron is for you; for everyone else, I would advise against Crestron.
Pros
zero
Cons
read the review a second time...
Started off good and turned to s**t
Tester (Former Employee) –  6 Volvo DriveApril 7, 2017
When I started working at Crestron it was not bad. Competent and reasonable management, work was not too complicated. Coworkers were helpful and the environment was laid back. After a short while they pushed out a lot of management and replaced them with friends of certain bosses. Leaving a majority of incompetent people in charge of running things. It became annoying and stressful. A lot of work was outsourced, a lot of sneaky sycophants spying for bosses, getting harassed for using the bathroom or not rushing back from a break, Human Resources didn't care about employees, important equipment had poor maintenance, etc. Near the end of my tenure there, I had 5 different bosses all telling me what to do. Watching over our backs as we worked. Treated us like slaves. Especially stressful because the upper management knew nothing about the actual work.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Dont work here
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJFebruary 27, 2017
Very one sided place to work. Micromanagement and uneducated people in charge. Racist atmosphere. No like and work balance. No job security, The pay is disrespectful.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
good work with good people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 31, 2016
Good working environment, easy work, nice coworkers.
Good boss, packing electronic units, nice shift, it was the second shift. Easy to follow instructions in the computer. A very helping supervisor, easy to find the parts that I needed to pack the units.
Pros
free coffee
nice co-workers
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJOctober 5, 2016
Nice co-workers, poor management, not enough vacation time, nice environment overall. The pay rate in my position was competitive.
Great people within company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  njSeptember 30, 2016
Friendly environment.....Good management......very busy everyday....Saturdays are minimal...........very accommodating with special requests..........
Small department with very little cultural diversity
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJSeptember 1, 2016
Nothing much to note. This was a temporary work assignment that lasted just 8 weeks with no possible extension or invite to join their company even though I fulfilled my job with excellence.
Pros
If there was any I would note it.
Cons
Lack of available parking spaces for workers
creston
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJuly 15, 2016
good place to work but they are very unfair my grandfather died
i had to attend his funeral and they were not nice its like family doesnt matter
Pros
good place to work
Cons
unfair
Facilities are all about work
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJApril 21, 2016
a typical day at work consists of clocking in and jumping right into work, resolving tickets and shipping out equipment for remote users. The IT staff are very helpful and welcoming. They have a good balance of teaching you things you need to know but while at the same time allowing you to learn on your own. Co-workers in the IT department are unique, funny, and sociable. Hardest part of the job is addressing everyones concerns in one day. IT department is understaffed. Most enjoyable aspect of the job is learning more and being able to address issues on your own and seeing the increase in your knowledge and ability to handle particular issues.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Dated equipment, no standard of equipment 5 users can have 5 different type of machines
Good solid place in the Burbs
Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJApril 3, 2016
Its a simple relatively stable and pleasant company. The Location is not exactly the most fun though. If you don't mind the burbs it's great.
I got terminated!!!!
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  6 volvo, Rockleigh njMarch 19, 2016
I worked at Crestron for 9 years, co- workers were good to work with. In my first years it was great to work at Crestron. As the years went by there were so many rules and regulations it was crazy.In my 9th year I got hurt on the job and I had to get a operation,it took more than 90 days and they terminated me. Imagine after 9 years!!!
Pros
Co-workers are good to work with
Cons
Rules have to be changed

Comment – March 20, 2016

I'm sorry for telling you this bad news. Now I have no job and if I wanted to start all over again I would lose all my benefits.

Working @Crestron
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NjMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work in Crestron updating Test plans, Test scripts, attending meetings for new requirements.
I have learned Supply Chain applications SAP/CRM and Warehouse Management functionality, testing the applications and managing Quality Center for Defect management, Test Plans and Test Scripts, creating new projects, User Profiles etc.
We had a good team and was good team player. Worked well with other team members.
The hardest part of the job was too much expectations and less communication.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new everyday.
Dead end
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJFebruary 8, 2016
The Company became a nightmare to work for with the arrival of relatively new Management, including HR Director. They simply do not care about people but themselves and their clueless relatives whom they bring in. Sad, very-very sad to say the least...
Disorganized at best
CUSTOMER SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJFebruary 1, 2016
No work life balance
Disorganized on all levels of management
A ridiculous amount of nepotism
Medical benefits are extremely expensive if adding a child or spouse.
For management
data analyst (Current Employee) –  Northvale, NJDecember 18, 2015
Management need to be upgrade, need to upgrade new staff
never get credit , if you are doing good, hard and accurate work
overall the company really big and world wild, too many people
Crestron was a great place
Order Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJDecember 4, 2015
Excellent place to work with co-works (fun/enjoyable)
no room to grow
normal red tape and politics - nothing outside the norm
hardest part of the job was not being able to grow into new positions
did learn SAP and was able to pass my knowledge to new hires
Pros
best co-workers around
Cons
turnaround in the department (no one stays long)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crestron Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8