To provide support of Environmental and Regulatory standards and programs across the company.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Support role in the compliance monitoring and tracking of Environmental programs, specifically compliance with federal, state, and local environmental requirements.
2. Monitors environmental compliance issues and provides assistance with workplace safety matters.
3. Performs and/or coordinates environmental monitoring for facility discharges, storm water management and other environmental related permits. Performs routine industrial and waste management activities such as waste inventories, vendor scheduling and waste haul oversight, and manifest tracking and filing.
4. Tracks the implementation of corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement activities as directed. Maintains various reporting systems and provides analysis as required. Assists in job hazard assessments by participating in processes and procedures and researching industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
5. Participates in environmental site audits, inspections and routine surveys including the developing and drafting of audit documentation, tracking corrective actions, and monitoring trends in results
of audit activities.
6. Maintains environmental compliance files and records. Modifies and implements compliance tracking programs and recordkeeping systems.
7. Assists in the development of technical documents including environmental procedures, programs, and guidance documents.
8. Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with environmental regulations. Coordinates with others for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently and effectively.
9. Assists in maintaining, updating and coordinating environmental training programs including setup and use of asset management system.
10. Participates in committee meetings. Attends meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
11. May respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate environmental concerns.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
1. Familiarity with employee exposures and air/waste/water compliance.
2. Demonstrated ability to evaluate environmental health and safety related risks.
3. Demonstrated awareness and understanding of EHS policy and management system, the importance of confirming to EHS policies and procedures, and consequences of failing to comply with EHS policies and procedures.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of EHS risks and impacts of work activities and the benefits of improving EHS performance.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of calibration equipment, blueprints, schematics, and precision measuring equipment.
6. Knowledge of safe work behaviors and interpretation of EHS data.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
1. Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
2. Effective organization and planning skills.
3. Ability to maintain an established work schedule.
4. Mechanical aptitude.
5. Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
6. Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
7. Ability to work independently and as a team.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. * Ability to draw conclusions and recommend courses of action.
10. Ability to develop and deliver training material for various personnel.
11. Ability to safely drive a company vehicle.
Required Computer Skills
1. Demonstrated ability to use standard office software programs, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and audiovisual presentations.
Required Physical Requirements
1. Work from ladders and scaffolds at heights up to 30 feet.
2. Lifting up to 35 pounds.
3. Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, standing, and walking significant distances.
4. Visual ability (uncorrected or corrected) to observe and detect signs of dangerous obstacles at a distance of 30 yards and to verify written information at a close range.
5. Work may be performed within extreme temperature ranges.
Required Work Experience Two years of related experience Preferred Work Experience
More than 2 years of environmental technician related experience in oil and gas field
High School diploma or equivalent
AAS in Environmental Technology or related field
Valid Texas Driver's License.
OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour Certification
Occupational health and Safety Technologist (OHST); Certified Loss Control Specialist (CLCS); Safety
Trained Supervisor (STS); Associate Loss Control Manager (ALCM); Associate Safety Professional
(ASP); or Certified Associate Industrial Hygienist (CAlH)
Dependable transportation for travel within the DFW area.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. No phone calls, please. EOE. www.crestwoodlp.com