Crete Carrier Corporation

Crete Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews

They had plenty of work for all.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 28, 2016
I would drive 150 to 600 miles a day in all kinds of weather, all over the country. Met a lot of interesting people along the way. Management left us alone unless we brought attention to our selves, me it was my log book.Cold and bad weather was the worst part.
Pros
Big company lots of good customers. New equipment.
Cons
Safety Department was tough on the rules.
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2016
Crete treats you like family and they care a lot about there drivers. Best or company out there no one better. I started at Crete and from my first day they act like they care about my needs and what I want.
Pros
Money, home time
Cons
Communication between management
Great job
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 15, 2016
Doing business accordingly to requirements.
That conducting business of the job can be applied to every aspect of other ventures of employment.
Handling the procedures surpervision and operations of loading and unloading material, as well as the hiring of extra help if needed, the pay of such and safety of operation affiliated with the required procedures.
Very inciteful of the latest news and informative of the best benefit available.
No hard part to the job, the physical requirements are deminal.
The job itself was a pleasure, every concern or interest was responded to and resolved.
Pros
being able to make my own decisions
Cons
the danger of dealing with the exposure of the public
Good people, low pay
Asset Management and Trailer Department Intern (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 8, 2016
Management is very fun and helpful. They pay is well below industry standard for office workers and you do have to work Saturdays, but the people are all great.

"Operations Associate" = Truck dispatcher
Too many cooks in the kitchen (as they say).....
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 26, 2016
No personal interaction with drivers leads to feeling of being alone and disenfranchised from company. They pay well, when they remember to pay you. Corporate structure means drivers have to communicate with 2 - 7 different people just to resolve 1 problem and when you find someone to work on said problem if it has a secondary issue then you have to speak with someone else to get that resolved making it very difficult to get anyone to solve anything. VERY POOR COMMUNICATION within management.
Pros
Top pay, excellent benefits
Cons
The don't care, you are replacable at in instant. No loyalty.
Nice people to work for
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 19, 2016
Good company,nice people,good pay, decent benefits,nice trucks,..this is deffenitly an OTR decent company..one won't get rich, but they will keep u moving if this is what u want..
Drive 18 wheeler
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 12, 2016
Drive across interstates delivering various freight and observe how others in trucks and cars drive everyday. Don't talk much too co workers since we all doing same thing, it can be lonely at times out on road. Hardest part of job is making sure no one runs into you while driving,it's amazing the speeds people go when some attempt to cut you off while disrupting your speed. Most enjoyable part is seeing others places and get paid too do so and meeting people and talking too them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Limit on how many hours a day you can drive
was a excellent company to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk/Detention Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 30, 2016
Crete is an excellent company to work for and if there was a opportunity to get into the my field of study I would of stayed.
Pros
Very family oriented
Cons
I can't think of none
good company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lenior CitySeptember 22, 2016
drive from city to city to take of Cretes customers. Giving customer service to aii customers. Must be self motivated and manage your time efficiently.
Pros
I get to see the country
Cons
Away from home for extended time
otr driver
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 18, 2016
Crete is not a good company to work for they don't have any long haul loads its all local work mostly in north east I drove for them about 30 yrs. ago it was a good company then you got miles now you might get 1500 miles a week at 39 cents a mile there trucks have got that battery in side box to run AC when your park it is a sweat box it don't cool truck off
Pros
Cons
no mony
A Company Driver's Dream Job
OVER-THE-ROAD TRACTOR-TRAILER DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 15, 2016
My only problem with Crete Carrier Corporation...has been me!

Because of my past experience as a driver, I expected my Crete driver manager to be my buddy, my pal, someone with whom I could share jokes and frivolity--and who would bend to my every personal driver's whim.

Not so!

I am a lively Georgia girl; Crete's culture is dry Midwest. Lol.

As soon as I adjusted my attitude--i.e., let in humility and stopped expecting everyone to treat me as if I'm an Atlanta diva--and as soon as I considered all the good that Crete offers, I began to truly and deeply enjoy my work experience.

Crete's attributes are many:

* My driver manager is consistent and smart and always gets me home when I ask him to. (He has also been accommodating when my parental figures have needed me home for medical reasons.)
* Crete's dispatching, in my experience, is logical and sound, and freight is non-stop.
* Crete listened to its drivers' complaints and began buying a different, more preferred truck make and model.
* The company doesn't hassle a driver with unnecessary phone calls and computer messages; it allows one to enjoy a sense of freedom and autonomy while engaging in the daily life of hauling freight.
* Crete doesn't hand-hold; it expects professionals to know what to do--and to do it!
* There is no confusing per diem pay system.
* Reimbursements are always on the next check. (Speaking of that, Crete has super-competent, diligent, meticulous people working in its payroll and benefits departments. [That's why they don't have time to joke around!])
* The pay IS GOOD. Only
  more... after I made the move to Crete did I begin to earn the kind of money I had always expected to make as a driver. I jokingly told my friends, when I was first hired on, that Crete is paying me "white-man money"! Lol. It feels good to have an income that reflects the fact that you're doing an unusual and dangerous job. (Of course, Crete, if you want to pay more, that'd be great, too!)

Every time I get to haul one of its trailers emblazoned with the words OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE SITS HERE, that is exactly how I feel!
Would be fine in the day
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 3, 2016
i don't like night work. I would be happy if I could get day time work five days in daylight.The trucks are nice but being payed by the mile is hard I like per the hour.
did not make it through orientation.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 24, 2016
trying to get with a company to train my wife to get her CDL. only at orientation did it come to lite that she would get 1/2 pay and I would get nothing during training only because we are married.
Pros
good pay
Cons
cant tell the truth up frunt
long days and weeks
Company National Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 24, 2016
Was rough you had to learn a lot on youre own, or if another driver was kind he would help you out and you were not as frustrated.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
you had to pray you had a good truck or you were in shop status a lot
Great pay and benefits
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 20, 2016
Crete is an excellent company overall, just wish they would offer different RDO times for team drivers. They provide you with excellent equipment, and plenty of miles to drive.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Long periods away from home
great company
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2016
great company to work for. You will learn something new everyday. Dealing with drivers can be very interesting. The most enjoyable part of my job would be talking with the drivers and ensuring they are getting their truck fixed correctly.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
pay
Never able to take my time off the road
Professional Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 68521August 8, 2016
Great company overall, if you're the type of person who LOVES to always be on the road and never take your home-time. I enjoyed working for this company, but decided that it wasn't what I wanted to continue to do.
Pros
Company would keep you gainfully employed
Cons
Never able to take my home-time
otr/regional company
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  New Kingstown, PAAugust 2, 2016
Crete is a great company to work for. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, 401k, good benefits. New equipment (all less than 2 years old). The only thing I personally don't like about this company is the work/life balance, but that kind of goes with otr trucking.
Pros
Great pay/benefits
Cons
home time
Great Place to Work!
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJuly 27, 2016
Solid company with great benefits! Crete Carrier cares about their staff and equipment. We strive to be the BEST in the industry!
Benefits
Cons
Location of current position
im prodctive driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 12, 2016
I'm typical day work I do the best all time
I'm learned how do I'm safe driver
the management any co-workers are very good relation had
the hardest part of job for me not realy
I like my job I'm enjoy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crete Carrier Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.