Crete Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews

Cretewas fair and informative and an helpful to work with.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 68528February 12, 2018
This company was one of the best I've worked with and would go back if I wanted to go (OTR) 48 states again.
I had a bad situation while I was in training my wife died and put the whole job back for 5 or 6 weeks, however Crete took me back and I worked about a year till I was laid off. witch I was ready to go anyway.
I would recommend a good driver to look at Crete.
Pros
Worked well with the driver.
Cons
Some times they asked you to work into your home time.
Friendly Atmosphere to work in. Stressful at times.
Road Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 11, 2018
I worked in the Breakdown dept helping drivers that had issues or breakdowns on their equipment to get the help that they needed to be running again. During the winter / snowy season it was stressful due to the amount of trucks with weather related issues. Summer was also stressful due to the A/C units would quit working. Fun and friendly co-workers. I liked my hours of work the pay was comparable. Paid time off was available.
Pros
Paid Time off available from day one and accrued throughout the year.
Cons
Stressful when short staffed and lots of drivers calling in with issues.
Higher pay then most companies
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 4, 2018
working here you have a choice of van refrigerated trailer and flat bed
Crete Carrier- Van
Shaffer-Refrigerated unit
Hunt-flat bed
I started with Refrigerated trailer @ .49cpm after 6mo I was making .52cpm
Van is a little lower in pay but your always busy
Mixed company-it depends what your needs are
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 27, 2018
This is a mixed review.When all is going well it is a very good company to work for, The pay is good and the trucks are usually in good condition. If you have a good relationship with your asset manager you can do well. With that being said they have a big communication problem. You can't reach people when you need to,they refuse to get back to you in a timely manner. They have people in the wrong position ie when a driver brakes down and the drive shaft is broken and the person on the other end ask the driver if they can "drive" the truck to a shop showes disrespect to the drivers. This company has a lot of hoops you have to jump through. They have a way of making the harder then it has to be. They mean well but sometimes either they just don't understand from a drivers side of things or they just don't care. I have tried to be fair,they fullfill " my " needs for now. They can be a good company to work for but like most trucking companies they have there good and bad points. I am only one driver and this is just my opinion
Pros
Good pay, equipment, and benefits.
Cons
Poor communications, to many hoops to run through, and wrong people in the wrong position
Enjoyed My Time At Crete
Class A CDL Truck Driver - OTR (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 26, 2018
I had an excellent time working for Crete. The pay and benefits were good. A good managing team there to assist me. workplace culture was inspiring; I never had any issues getting what I needed done. My only issue was limited home time options for the area I live in.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits; Good Equipment
Cons
No work/life balance
Fun place to see other drivers and talk with my Office friends at my home terminal
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Wilmer,tx. My home terminalJanuary 26, 2018
Great friends.....management from office to shop all the people we so helpful.a day consist if planning my dedicated arrival times...all their equipment is modern and up to date.scheduled maintenance we always consistence....I'd gladly work for Crete again.
Pros
People/employee/employees, customers
Cons
Wanted to be home everyday from my dedicated route
It's productive in certain ways only to make their job easier
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 26, 2018
I liked Crete in the beginning because I thought it was a job that I can make a career out of but I really and truly see how they are doing their employees after a death in the family
Super place to work
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 22, 2018
After getting my load assignment, I would fill out all paperwork required by D.O.T. regulations, including my pretrip inspection, and verifying load assignment via Qualcomm. I learned how to manage my time, to where I could arrive at my destination in adequate time to make my appointment times. My manager was there to support me, If I ran into issues enroute. The management would make ever effort to work with me if I was running out of time for the week, and would arrange for me to "recharge" my hours, so I could be as productive as possible. The hardest part of the job was the long driving hrs. and the considerable time away from home. I enjoyed being able to travel across the country, and being able to go to places that I would have otherwise not been able to visit.
Pros
Great co-workers, great pay, great benefits, great retirement plans
Cons
Time away from home
Not a bad place but stress level is high.
Parts/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2018
It's not a bad place to work, but management was rather lacking at the time. Morale was low at times, it could be stressful but the benefits were good.
Benefits
A great experience
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day was waking and safely driving to pick up the load from shipper and head the other direction to deliver it. Some loads were drop and hook. Other loads were live pick up and live unloads.
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
Paying for expenses for maintance and repairs for rig
not happy
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 7, 2018
i would think the company would stand behind a product that they sold i believe the company knew it and did it any way i believe they lost sight in be a human being
Which your back
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
If your not there favorite driver's list you are not going to give you good loads to make 115,000 miles a year to get a pay raise if you have trouble with someone in the company you you the one that get punished
Pros
When I quit
Cons
Harassment and retaliation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 3, 2018
Good place to work but management was hard to deal with and you are a truck number and not a person. They do make up for that in benefits and pay. I would recommend
Good pay
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 3, 2018
Good pay. Good benefits. Very safety conscience. Decent trucks. Decent miles. Forced dispatch. Need more terminals open longer for repairs, need more mechanics.
Pros
Good pay. Good benefits.
Cons
Need more terminals open longer, more mechanics.
Overall good place to drive for.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 2, 2018
They have some strange rules but it was a pretty good place to work if you could get passed some of there crazy rules. If your a big guy like me be prepared to do a sleep study to determine if you have sleep apnea. If you do they make you buy a cpap from them and then they monitor you and make you use it to be employed with them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Being out for 3 weeks at a time.
Enjoyable especially if you want to advance
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 28, 2017
This company was a great fit for me. I was way over qualified for the position I took but it didn't take me long to advance and get to the position that I wanted to be in and the pay I wanted. I received yearly reviews and raises that were dependent on my job performance. I was able to work for a manager I truly liked and respected. Because of this it was easy for me to want to do the best job I could for her.
Pros
Terminals all over the country, many departments, lots of oppurtunities
Cons
There's no terminal in Lexington, Ne
Felt like a number.
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Kingstown, PADecember 26, 2017
Inexperienced driver management team. Had to press every member of the dispatch team for every load or driver would be given unproductive loads that would result in long hours and low miles.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great company'
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNDecember 12, 2017
Great company to work for, you can get good miles weekly you can stay out from six days to however long you want, and they will get you home when you want to
Driving was never a chore with them
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 10, 2017
They worked with me, when I wanted to drive durring daylight hours,
I worked with them when they needed help to cover loads. I made good miles and good pay.
Excellent
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNDecember 7, 2017
Best truck driving company out their, everything was good, vacation, insurance, people. Never had a problem with the people and took very good care of the equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crete Carrier Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.