Crete Carrier Corporation

Crete Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews

VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR, GREAT BENIFITS
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 7, 2015
CRETE CARRIER IS A VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH BEING AN OVER THE ROAD TRUCK DRIVER THEY HAVE BENEFITS UNLIKE ANY OTHER TRUCKING COMPANY IN THE INDUSTRY
Good company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 10, 2015
Terminal manager very friendly. All terminals offered shower and laundry facilities. Great health insurance program and rider policy for spouse.
Not a bad place to work for
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 7, 2015
I learned that driving a semi full time was more difficult than I had thought when I started into that career path. It was not my cup of tea.
My 3rd week there of training with 2nd trainer.
Driver in training from MCC Omaha NE (Former Employee), Lincoln NEMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 85 dollars a day for training. okay
Cons: training pay wasn't worth being treated this way.
I got left by the trainer in North Platte NE my 2nd day with him. After driving from Lincoln to North Platte, Went to flying J to fuel up. He said it was OK to get a bite, so I did and tried to eat it in the truck. He immediately demanded me to drive to Wal Mart distribution center right next to us.

1. I said there's nowhere to sit my food down. so I ate while driving over there, I could of just took few more minutes finishing up ahead of fuel line.

2. Got to guard shack. He went in ran out said hurry go get your badge, gotta have one. I say OK, my foods gonna get cold, he demanded go. I say gee OK, someone's buying me a new burger since I can't eat one in peace on my break.

3. I was on my break supposed to be off duty.
A typical trucking company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good mileage, good equipment
Cons: the terminal manager in lenoir city, tn has no respect for drivers and talks to them like they're trash.
The only way I would ever consider going back to this company would be if I could work out of the Nebraska terminal. This company in general is a good company, but as they all do a few bad apples spoils the whole bunch.
One of the better training companies in the industry.
Driver Trainee (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 12, 2015
One of the best truck driver training companies in the industry. Very top of the line equipment. 95% drop and hook. You have to be more adjusted to the long days out on the road, and dedicate yourself to that life style. The $500 a week was training pay.
Elitist management
truck driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 16, 2014
Pros: high pay rate 44cpm+
Cons: lack of maintence for equipment, disregard of adequite work volume leading to low pay.
Depressing and condescending management who didn't care if the employee was happy or satisfied with salary or hometime or the condition of the assigned equipment.
A well run stable company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 29, 2014
I had the pleasure of working there for 21 years. Good management and solid employees
Good management and good coworkers
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 29, 2014
I was there for 21 years nothing else needs to be said. A solid company with good ownership
Great peers and office staff
Asset Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: long hours, high stress, disgruntled drivers.
Was a high stress environment with constant battles with truck drivers to attain company goals and to service the customer. Once you were trained on the job and your 6 month learning curve was met you began to settle into the job and feel a sense of ownership of your driver board. the office staff was great for the most part with everyone working towards the same goal. like any job some people are harder than others to mesh with but overall for me a good experience. job was very good stepping stone in the handling of high stress situations and also with becoming familiar with the transportation industry and DOT regulations
Nice Company but Terrible Benefits
Payroll/Benefits Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 10, 2014
Pros: on-site cafeteria
Cons: location, pay, and benefits
My typical day at work was relatively stress free even though I had a demanding job. I learned very little as the training was not organized or tracked. I learned what I had to in order to complete my job but often made mistakes when coming across something new.
Management was okay but a little unprofessional as there was a lot of gossip and sharing of personal employee information with other employees. That made me feel uncomfortable.
My co-workers were very sweet.
The hardest part of the job was interacting with some of the drivers. Some were great! Some were not very classy at all and borderline abusive.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility.

The benefits are awful though. AWFUL!
OTR Driving
CDL Driver (Current Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 19, 2014
Pros: nice equipment
Cons: hard to get home a lot
Its over the road driving what more can be said. Good strong family owned company
Good Dispatcher = Good Day
OTR Driver (Current Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 9, 2014
Pros: stabel company and reliable work
Cons: home time is minimal
I have a competent, hardworking dispatcher who makes it easy to reach my goals.
Management stays out of your business unless absolutely necessary. I personally have never met my new manager, because so long as all is going well, they recognize you as a professional and confidently leave you to your tasks.
Nice place to work...good people in Marietta, Georgia
Truck driver 12 days out (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: beautiful trucks and nice people just trying to do their job.
Cons: getting home
It was a good place to work but I left because I needed a job where I can get home more often. Otherwise I had a great time working there.
Worked was busy.
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 24, 2014
Pros: lots to do
Cons: didn't get home very often
Had lots to do got home once in four months. Got to travel to alot of the southern states. Got to get home for Christmas. People where really nice dispatchers were great help also.
Productive and competive
Driver (Former Employee), Lincoln NEAugust 23, 2014
Great Job. always had a load to deliver barely waited and was quick to learn the new area of the U.S
a place to work
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 30, 2014
Pros: home time
Cons: equipment, micromanaged
to tight of schedule,poor equipment,not enough respect for drivers
no interaction with other employees because of language barrier
otr driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJuly 24, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: no inter action with other employees
no one spoke English. Very hard to communicate. I felt like I was in no mans land because their was no inter action with anyone
i really enjoy a good hard day at work.
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2014
productive and fast past work place.i have learned alot about dd13,dd15,and the maxxforce,i enjoy working with people that are willing ti enjoyo leaned a hand if needed
most terminals are good
driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 6, 2014
Pros: terminals services aare ok to good
Cons: geting home is a real problem
Crete has no flex in certain areas i.e. have to use only their doctors for anything relating to job. etc..

1 2 3 4

About Crete Carrier Corporation

At Crete Carrier Corporation, there are no shortcuts. Founded in 1966, Crete Carrier Corporation, along with operating division – Read more

Crete Carrier Corporation Salaries