Crete Carrier Corporation

Crete Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work!
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJuly 27, 2016
Solid company with great benefits! Crete Carrier cares about their staff and equipment. We strive to be the BEST in the industry!
Benefits
Cons
Location of current position
Avoid the Mankato Mn Walmart Dedicated
Rehire (Former Employee) –  Walmart Dedicated Mankato MnJuly 17, 2016
I was dumb enough to sign up for the Dedicated Walmart in Mankato. Avoid at all costs. The only aspect that is dedicated is the lower pay. The Mankato Mn account has more National Drivers than Dedicated Drivers. The National guys get paid more in mileage and stop pay and they let you know it. Recruiting is just trying to fill trucks at this location and will promise you priority dispatch. . National Drivers are dispatched over you regardless and the dispatchers have their favorites. The only aspect that Dedicated Drivers get is lower pay. Some of the National drivers have been here for months and pick and choose their loads especially the loads less than miles because of the $75.00 extra. Sign up for National and ask to help on the Walmart Dedicated. Easy work
Pros
Cons
Recruiting Management and Dispatch
slow trucks . 62 max .. poorly trained dispatchers...poor idling policy.
over the road truck driver dry van 53 ft (Former Employee) –  Wilmer, TXMay 31, 2016
Pay is decent considering elogs restrict you from driving more than 3000 to 3300 miles a week..truck is 62 mph. Poor and rude dispatchers..operation against driver mentality considering truck drivers is their bread and butter unless they have a secret stock trading room...no idling... pay is decent that if you dont go home and avg 2700 miles a aweek other wise you can make 1000 a week doing local work in big city..

To new generation if truck drivers dont waste your life for the corporations
Pros
pay
Cons
poor dispatchers rude not all 90 percent rude
best trucking company to work for after you get some experience
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 27, 2016
they always treated me well here , and its the best pay I could find in the industry as a company driver, but if they want to put a camera in your truck keep looking at other options if possible.
Pros
best pay and people
Cons
cameras, no one likes to be watched in their home
awesome gig
Tractor Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNMay 20, 2016
i love the fact that the marine corps gave the opportunity to go out in the civilian population and bring new people in to work in our beloved corps
Pros
all
Cons
Love it here. Best large company out here
Currently: company Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilmer, TXMay 17, 2016
Crete is a great company. Things do need to charge in the industry as a whole. Even if you were paid $1.50 per mile as a company driver we would still be getting the short end of the stick. The 1st thing that needs to change is the mileage. If you figure up all the miles you drive in a year, then subtract the miles you are paid. You will see your dispatched empty miles are driven for free. We need to be paid Door to Door. When live unload or load you should get detention time from the time you notified the customer you are there, to the time they sign the BOL. Why is it Illegal to work a burger flipper for free but it is ok to work a Truck Driver for free. I believe this is my only complaint. Everyone drive safe, because YOU are the most valuable freight in your rig.
Pros
Can't say anything bad about Crete
Excellent Management at the Wilmer Terminal
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmer, TXMay 12, 2016
Enjoyed working here with the employees and the Terminal Manager. Excellent atmosphere. Fast paced, but fun filled with great teamwork.
Decent company to work. They are strict about DOT rules
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 11, 2016
Over all a decent company to work for. The corporate culture was a big change from my old company. My main dispatcher is decent although she passes on the "dirty jobs" to someone else to ask me for things. I think they are the newer dispatchers that she is training. Pay is good and my truck a Freightliner has been great for me. So far I haven't been stuck on the road waiting for road service due to the truck breaking down.
The usual complaints would be will the night and weekend dispatchers. They behave like adolescents at times. Always has to have the last word in no matter what. I hear plenty of drivers talk about how bad the night shifts and weekend dispatchers. Common complaints are they don't read earlier messages and they get so focused on trying to make the drivers do something but the driver can't due to lack of hours. It seems to be a common issue at different terminals. There are some drivers who don't want to work much but that's how it goes with any sizable group. The night shift and weekend dispatchers treat all the drivers as if all of them are malingerers.
Pros
Plenty of terminals and a decent company culture.
Cons
Night and weekend dispatchers need more monitoring often times.
Nice
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 6, 2016
I really Enjoyed this company they have been good to me and managment was a joy to work with most times. The benfits and insurance plans are good
Well paying, fun, adventurous job.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 3, 2016
Loved being able to see different places. The pay was high and loved my dispatcher. Everyone willing to work together to deal with any issues that arose. Being away from home for extended periods of time proved to be too much.
travel job
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 20, 2016
learned experience with co workers, over the road hometime rarely on time, schedule deliveries past due, typical day clock reset
Good Place
Local Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  New Kingstown, PAApril 4, 2016
Enjoyed Time working for them , good family people, enjoyed working with management, co-workers, shippers and consignees. would love opportunity to work for them again
Pros
good when they have contract
Cons
no notice when contract lost
Not the Best Pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEMarch 24, 2016
A Good Company to work for Good Equipment but company seeks to cut your wages for about any reason they want. if you have a pet. if you drive dedicated. etc
Pros
Good Equipment
Cons
Poor Dedicated Pay and lots of excuses why .
Well.......
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 7, 2016
My miles were like the stock market. They were high until it crashed. .. have a bag pack for hotel because your truck will break down if you have international.
Pros
47 cents per mile. Break down pay.
Cons
Breaking down also miles suck and insurance is high
Crete the place i love.
Crete OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 5, 2016
Create is a great company to work for. management is top 100. my mom had a Stroke so i need to be home. i loved my driving job with Create my husband is still there.
Pros
great pay, easy joy i loved this life
Cons
out for 30 days home for 4 days. not much family time
it's a trucking company
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 6, 2015
Crete is a good company, pay is great for having to be away from family which is what you want as a driver. there's no waiting on your next load, after delivery.
Pay was good/ Did not enjoy being away from home
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 3, 2015
Crete is a ok company....Not too big about force dispatch. Hometime could be better....I wish had the option to switch to dedicated
friendly staff
Unemployed due to layoff for medical reasons (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 18, 2015
Good company to work for, needs to change some company rules that are already governed by the Department of Transportation
Pros
Excellent travel lanes
Cons
Very slow phone service
Crete Carrier
SharePoint Farm Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 3, 2015
A great place to work. The job is faced paced and demanding and thus provides a great environment to learn and develop. The company is great about training its IT staff and very supportive. If you want to learn this is a great place to start.
had a lot to do and well paid learned what a truck driver is
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 28, 2015
i learned about a truck driver has a lot of day in day responsibility learning new things everyday getting to transport different places every few days you get to travel and a lot of site seeing meet and mingle with some good people and so you know there are good people , you can make a lot of friends who like to help with information you don't know , the managers are nice people. The hardest part is getting used to get some sleep in noisy places with a lot of refrigerated trailers making that sound all night and day.and i was not used to staying away from my family of young children ,but all in all you love what you..
Pros
you enjoys the services you get every time you dine in different restaurant
Cons
short breaks sometime you get sleepy and change of eating habits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crete Carrier Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Crete Carrier Corporation Reviews by Location