Crete Carrier Corporation

Crete Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews

Great experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 23, 2017
The job was a great experience but it was not for me. I didn't like the being away from home weeks at a time. That was the most difficult thing to deal with, miss my family.
Pros
See the country
Cons
Not coming home
Great place to work. Wkend crew us not up to pare but other then tht awesome grouo if people
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 22, 2017
I love this company can't say anything bad about them. By far one of the best paying companies out there get me home when I want but I need something I can get home either every night or every other night with decent pay. Missing out on a lot of my kids growing up
OTR CDL A driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 15, 2017
Keep you moving, need more home time. Saw the whole country, pay for breakdown rarely goes through. Say they reimburse for Hazmat, but didn't. Overall dispatch was good.
Terrific place to work for
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 8, 2017
Great people, great benefits, great job. You can take someone with you. Good way to see the country. If you have mechanical issues they are quick to get you to the nearest terminal. You get break down pay. Detention pay. Most jobs are drop and hook. Over all a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Good pay, good co-workers, see new places
Cons
Over the road you dont get to see your family much
Good place to start
Tractor and Trailer Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2017
Good place to start out. Learned a lot fast when just starting out. But after the first year starting going months between seeing new things. It's a good company to work for overall.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hard to move up
very good company a good number of drop and hook
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXJanuary 6, 2017
I was happy until later on they changed a dispatch on me I
Can get any one on the phone and couldn't get home for muy Doctors appointment.
Pros
very good trucks
Micro manages and not honest
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lenior city, tnJanuary 5, 2017
Look to leave because they did not pay me what they were supposed to. There equipment is good never any problem with it.I worked here for almost 6 years.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Micro managing. Not honest.
fun job,not enough home time
CLASS A TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 29, 2016
good job not enough home time,been in every state except Alaska and Hawaii,Meet a lot of nice people and cultures driving across america
very friendly, fast paced, cooperative work mates
Washbay (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEDecember 28, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of me cleaning refrigerated trailers, park the clean trailers in the clean lot. clean the shop, help my co-workers in the shop. i learned how to drive a semi truck and how to reverse park them. my co-workers were very friendly and would do the most to make sure that i would do my job to the best of my ability. the hardest part of the job was learning how to back up the trailers into the washbay. the easiest part was once i got the hang of doing it i could do it much faster than when i started.
Pros
good pay, good learning experience for me
Cons
short breaks. sometimes gets very cold
Great company to work for
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 26, 2016
Great pay and good miles. They are constantly updating new equipment. They have many customers and drop and hook a lot. Safety is number one with crete. If you get in bad weather they tell you to stop and wait till you feel like you can drive safe.
Pros
Pay and miles.
Cons
Slow trucks 62mph.
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILDecember 23, 2016
It was a great place to work. May a lot of friends and it was hard when they closed our terminal. We had to say good bye to a lot of drivers that we worked closely with.
Office Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILDecember 23, 2016
It was a fun place to work. Made some great friends and it was sad when they closed the terminal that we were at. Still able to communicate with some of the them, but not all.
Good place to get started with good benefits
Tractor Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 11, 2016
It was a good place to get my foot in the door after finishing school. The benefits package was very good, including paid time off. There was always a steady amount of work.
Did not at all agree with a camera in truck
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 9, 2016
Productive, but did not have any Regional positions, and I got tired of the east coast to west coast runs.---- Also having camera in truck, and the on guard which at times causes truck to brake suddenly when there is no object in the way. (SCARY)... Just being honest!
Pros
They still look out for U.
Cons
Good Benefits
Enjoyed my time
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 8, 2016
Great company overall. If you are willing to stay on the road this company will get you miles. I wish I did not get homesick while I was on the road because I would have stayed with them.
They had plenty of work for all.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 28, 2016
I would drive 150 to 600 miles a day in all kinds of weather, all over the country. Met a lot of interesting people along the way. Management left us alone unless we brought attention to our selves, me it was my log book.Cold and bad weather was the worst part.
Pros
Big company lots of good customers. New equipment.
Cons
Safety Department was tough on the rules.
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2016
Crete treats you like family and they care a lot about there drivers. Best or company out there no one better. I started at Crete and from my first day they act like they care about my needs and what I want.
Pros
Money, home time
Cons
Communication between management
Great job
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 15, 2016
Doing business accordingly to requirements.
That conducting business of the job can be applied to every aspect of other ventures of employment.
Handling the procedures surpervision and operations of loading and unloading material, as well as the hiring of extra help if needed, the pay of such and safety of operation affiliated with the required procedures.
Very inciteful of the latest news and informative of the best benefit available.
No hard part to the job, the physical requirements are deminal.
The job itself was a pleasure, every concern or interest was responded to and resolved.
Pros
being able to make my own decisions
Cons
the danger of dealing with the exposure of the public
Good people, low pay
Asset Management and Trailer Department Intern (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 8, 2016
Management is very fun and helpful. They pay is well below industry standard for office workers and you do have to work Saturdays, but the people are all great.

"Operations Associate" = Truck dispatcher
Too many cooks in the kitchen (as they say).....
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 26, 2016
No personal interaction with drivers leads to feeling of being alone and disenfranchised from company. They pay well, when they remember to pay you. Corporate structure means drivers have to communicate with 2 - 7 different people just to resolve 1 problem and when you find someone to work on said problem if it has a secondary issue then you have to speak with someone else to get that resolved making it very difficult to get anyone to solve anything. VERY POOR COMMUNICATION within management.
Pros
Top pay, excellent benefits
Cons
The don't care, you are replacable at in instant. No loyalty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crete Carrier Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

86%