Crete Carrier Corporation

Crete Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews

it's a trucking company
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 6, 2015
Crete is a good company, pay is great for having to be away from family which is what you want as a driver. there's no waiting on your next load, after delivery.
Pay was good/ Did not enjoy being away from home
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 3, 2015
Crete is a ok company....Not too big about force dispatch. Hometime could be better....I wish had the option to switch to dedicated
friendly staff
Unemployed due to layoff for medical reasons (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 18, 2015
Good company to work for, needs to change some company rules that are already governed by the Department of Transportation
Pros
Excellent travel lanes
Cons
Very slow phone service
Crete Carrier
SharePoint Farm Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 3, 2015
A great place to work. The job is faced paced and demanding and thus provides a great environment to learn and develop. The company is great about training its IT staff and very supportive. If you want to learn this is a great place to start.
had a lot to do and well paid learned what a truck driver is
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 28, 2015
i learned about a truck driver has a lot of day in day responsibility learning new things everyday getting to transport different places every few days you get to travel and a lot of site seeing meet and mingle with some good people and so you know there are good people , you can make a lot of friends who like to help with information you don't know , the managers are nice people. The hardest part is getting used to get some sleep in noisy places with a lot of refrigerated trailers making that sound all night and day.and i was not used to staying away from my family of young children ,but all in all you love what you..
Pros
you enjoys the services you get every time you dine in different restaurant
Cons
short breaks sometime you get sleepy and change of eating habits.
Great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  New Kingstown, PAOctober 26, 2015
I worked for Crete for 3 years. Never had issues. Upper management is great. And the company cares for its drivers. If there was an issue, they fixed it right away.
Pros
Good money, Good company
Cons
Gone from home too long.
The grass is greener with this company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 23, 2015
This is a trucking company that truely cares about thier employees. Management was always caring and respectful. Co-workers were like family.
would not recommend this company
parts clerk (Former Employee) –  cikumbus,ohioOctober 15, 2015
poor management,forget having a life! NO WEEKENDS Off!
very little communication, no organization. the best part of the day,was going home.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
long work hours, no weekends off, no communication
Good company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 19, 2015
As trucking companies go, this is one of the better ones. No trucking job is easy, but this company pays well and treats its drivers acceptably.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only one day off for every week out
Pay was good/ Did not enjoy being away from home
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 16, 2015
Crete is a alright company. The pay was good, however did not enjoy being away from home. Personally driving otr is not a fit for me
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Away from home
SE Regional
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 26, 2015
Working for Crete Carrier is by far a great company. Until your truck break down and there are no other trucks to use.Every truck I've recovered has broken down on me. I have been at this company going on a year. I was promised a "New Freightliner" or fairly new truck when I came on board. Instead, I have been Thru 5 international and they gave me a Freightliner with 429000 miles on it. It took a week to get the freightshake after being in the shop for a week. I was told I was on a list to get a fairly decent truck. Found that wasn't true. Just like the contract I signed that said I will be paid 43CPM after training. Well that was a lie as well. Good thing I took pictures of the documents other wise they was going to say I changed my pay. They are paying me 42cpm but its no good when you are broke down for a week. Make it so bad. On two different trucks. They wanted me to recover and the office told me both of them was ready. Glad I did my homework. Both trucks are at a Freightliner Dealership and they don't even have authorization to fix them and the office didn't even do anything about it. So I had to call break down to get both trucks fix. I run 7 weeks out and home 5 days. I need a working, reliable, and somewhat decent to run and live away from home. Great company depending on who is telling it...
Pros
pay, home time
Cons
take pictures of everything, Get the person name and what they said. check everything what they said.
Outstanding OTR company
CDL Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 15, 2015
Best OTR company I have worked for - if, my situation ever makes it that I have no other choice than to go back on the road, it will be with Crete, no question.
Pros
Equipment, miles, pay & hometime
Cons
Okay place to work - need safety/accident dept. to be honest
Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at Crete. However, what I learned is their dishonest ways. The job is not hard and the most enjoyable part was driving. Recommendations record all communications to protect yourself. Take pictures of qualcom communications, plus pictures of truck and trailers before using.....,
Pros
Driving
Cons
dishonest
Great company
Business Analyst - Maintenance Division (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 19, 2015
There is a high level of respect for individuals, and rewarding advancement for those who work hard and are talented.
The largest challenge is that people are not empowered to implement positive change.
Pros
Great people to work with. High level of integrity and ethics.
Cons
Managers do not seem empowered to have full run of their departments.
VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR, GREAT BENIFITS
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 7, 2015
CRETE CARRIER IS A VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH BEING AN OVER THE ROAD TRUCK DRIVER THEY HAVE BENEFITS UNLIKE ANY OTHER TRUCKING COMPANY IN THE INDUSTRY
Good company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 10, 2015
Terminal manager very friendly. All terminals offered shower and laundry facilities. Great health insurance program and rider policy for spouse.
Not a bad place to work for
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 7, 2015
I learned that driving a semi full time was more difficult than I had thought when I started into that career path. It was not my cup of tea.
My 3rd week there of training with 2nd trainer.
Driver in training from MCC Omaha NE (Former Employee) –  Lincoln NEMarch 2, 2015
I got left by the trainer in North Platte NE my 2nd day with him. After driving from Lincoln to North Platte, Went to flying J to fuel up. He said it was OK to get a bite, so I did and tried to eat it in the truck. He immediately demanded me to drive to Wal Mart distribution center right next to us.

1. I said there's nowhere to sit my food down. so I ate while driving over there, I could of just took few more minutes finishing up ahead of fuel line.

2. Got to guard shack. He went in ran out said hurry go get your badge, gotta have one. I say OK, my foods gonna get cold, he demanded go. I say gee OK, someone's buying me a new burger since I can't eat one in peace on my break.

3. I was on my break supposed to be off duty.
Pros
85 dollars a day for training. okay
Cons
training pay wasn't worth being treated this way.
A typical trucking company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 25, 2015
The only way I would ever consider going back to this company would be if I could work out of the Nebraska terminal. This company in general is a good company, but as they all do a few bad apples spoils the whole bunch.
Pros
good mileage, good equipment
Cons
the terminal manager in lenoir city, tn has no respect for drivers and talks to them like they're trash.
One of the better training companies in the industry.
Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 12, 2015
One of the best truck driver training companies in the industry. Very top of the line equipment. 95% drop and hook. You have to be more adjusted to the long days out on the road, and dedicate yourself to that life style. The $500 a week was training pay.