Crete Carrier Corporation

Crete Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews

Nice people to work for
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 19, 2016
Good company,nice people,good pay, decent benefits,nice trucks,..this is deffenitly an OTR decent company..one won't get rich, but they will keep u moving if this is what u want..
Drive 18 wheeler
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 12, 2016
Drive across interstates delivering various freight and observe how others in trucks and cars drive everyday. Don't talk much too co workers since we all doing same thing, it can be lonely at times out on road. Hardest part of job is making sure no one runs into you while driving,it's amazing the speeds people go when some attempt to cut you off while disrupting your speed. Most enjoyable part is seeing others places and get paid too do so and meeting people and talking too them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Limit on how many hours a day you can drive
was a excellent company to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk/Detention Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 30, 2016
Crete is an excellent company to work for and if there was a opportunity to get into the my field of study I would of stayed.
Pros
Very family oriented
Cons
I can't think of none
good company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lenior CitySeptember 22, 2016
drive from city to city to take of Cretes customers. Giving customer service to aii customers. Must be self motivated and manage your time efficiently.
Pros
I get to see the country
Cons
Away from home for extended time
otr driver
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 18, 2016
Crete is not a good company to work for they don't have any long haul loads its all local work mostly in north east I drove for them about 30 yrs. ago it was a good company then you got miles now you might get 1500 miles a week at 39 cents a mile there trucks have got that battery in side box to run AC when your park it is a sweat box it don't cool truck off
Pros
Cons
no mony
A Company Driver's Dream Job
OVER-THE-ROAD TRACTOR-TRAILER DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 15, 2016
My only problem with Crete Carrier Corporation...has been me!

Because of my past experience as a driver, I expected my Crete driver manager to be my buddy, my pal, someone with whom I could share jokes and frivolity--and who would bend to my every personal driver's whim.

Not so!

I am a lively Georgia girl; Crete's culture is dry Midwest. Lol.

As soon as I adjusted my attitude--i.e., let in humility and stopped expecting everyone to treat me as if I'm an Atlanta diva--and as soon as I considered all the good that Crete offers, I began to truly and deeply enjoy my work experience.

Crete's attributes are many:

* My driver manager is consistent and smart and always gets me home when I ask him to. (He has also been accommodating when my parental figures have needed me home for medical reasons.)
* Crete's dispatching, in my experience, is logical and sound, and freight is non-stop.
* Crete listened to its drivers' complaints and began buying a different, more preferred truck make and model.
* The company doesn't hassle a driver with unnecessary phone calls and computer messages; it allows one to enjoy a sense of freedom and autonomy while engaging in the daily life of hauling freight.
* Crete doesn't hand-hold; it expects professionals to know what to do--and to do it!
* There is no confusing per diem pay system.
* Reimbursements are always on the next check. (Speaking of that, Crete has super-competent, diligent, meticulous people working in its payroll and benefits departments. [That's why they don't have time to joke around!])
* The pay IS GOOD. Only
  more... after I made the move to Crete did I begin to earn the kind of money I had always expected to make as a driver. I jokingly told my friends, when I was first hired on, that Crete is paying me "white-man money"! Lol. It feels good to have an income that reflects the fact that you're doing an unusual and dangerous job. (Of course, Crete, if you want to pay more, that'd be great, too!)

Every time I get to haul one of its trailers emblazoned with the words OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE SITS HERE, that is exactly how I feel!
Would be fine in the day
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 3, 2016
i don't like night work. I would be happy if I could get day time work five days in daylight.The trucks are nice but being payed by the mile is hard I like per the hour.
did not make it through orientation.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 24, 2016
trying to get with a company to train my wife to get her CDL. only at orientation did it come to lite that she would get 1/2 pay and I would get nothing during training only because we are married.
Pros
good pay
Cons
cant tell the truth up frunt
long days and weeks
Company National Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 24, 2016
Was rough you had to learn a lot on youre own, or if another driver was kind he would help you out and you were not as frustrated.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
you had to pray you had a good truck or you were in shop status a lot
Great pay and benefits
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 20, 2016
Crete is an excellent company overall, just wish they would offer different RDO times for team drivers. They provide you with excellent equipment, and plenty of miles to drive.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Long periods away from home
great company
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2016
great company to work for. You will learn something new everyday. Dealing with drivers can be very interesting. The most enjoyable part of my job would be talking with the drivers and ensuring they are getting their truck fixed correctly.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
pay
Never able to take my time off the road
Professional Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 68521August 8, 2016
Great company overall, if you're the type of person who LOVES to always be on the road and never take your home-time. I enjoyed working for this company, but decided that it wasn't what I wanted to continue to do.
Pros
Company would keep you gainfully employed
Cons
Never able to take my home-time
otr/regional company
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  New Kingstown, PAAugust 2, 2016
Crete is a great company to work for. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, 401k, good benefits. New equipment (all less than 2 years old). The only thing I personally don't like about this company is the work/life balance, but that kind of goes with otr trucking.
Pros
Great pay/benefits
Cons
home time
Great Place to Work!
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJuly 27, 2016
Solid company with great benefits! Crete Carrier cares about their staff and equipment. We strive to be the BEST in the industry!
Benefits
Cons
Location of current position
im prodctive driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 12, 2016
I'm typical day work I do the best all time
I'm learned how do I'm safe driver
the management any co-workers are very good relation had
the hardest part of job for me not realy
I like my job I'm enjoy
best trucking company to work for after you get some experience
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 27, 2016
they always treated me well here , and its the best pay I could find in the industry as a company driver, but if they want to put a camera in your truck keep looking at other options if possible.
Pros
best pay and people
Cons
cameras, no one likes to be watched in their home
awesome gig
Tractor Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNMay 20, 2016
i love the fact that the marine corps gave the opportunity to go out in the civilian population and bring new people in to work in our beloved corps
Pros
all
Cons
Love it here. Best large company out here
Currently: company Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilmer, TXMay 17, 2016
Crete is a great company. Things do need to charge in the industry as a whole. Even if you were paid $1.50 per mile as a company driver we would still be getting the short end of the stick. The 1st thing that needs to change is the mileage. If you figure up all the miles you drive in a year, then subtract the miles you are paid. You will see your dispatched empty miles are driven for free. We need to be paid Door to Door. When live unload or load you should get detention time from the time you notified the customer you are there, to the time they sign the BOL. Why is it Illegal to work a burger flipper for free but it is ok to work a Truck Driver for free. I believe this is my only complaint. Everyone drive safe, because YOU are the most valuable freight in your rig.
Pros
Can't say anything bad about Crete
Excellent Management at the Wilmer Terminal
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmer, TXMay 12, 2016
Enjoyed working here with the employees and the Terminal Manager. Excellent atmosphere. Fast paced, but fun filled with great teamwork.
Decent company to work. They are strict about DOT rules
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 11, 2016
Over all a decent company to work for. The corporate culture was a big change from my old company. My main dispatcher is decent although she passes on the "dirty jobs" to someone else to ask me for things. I think they are the newer dispatchers that she is training. Pay is good and my truck a Freightliner has been great for me. So far I haven't been stuck on the road waiting for road service due to the truck breaking down.
The usual complaints would be will the night and weekend dispatchers. They behave like adolescents at times. Always has to have the last word in no matter what. I hear plenty of drivers talk about how bad the night shifts and weekend dispatchers. Common complaints are they don't read earlier messages and they get so focused on trying to make the drivers do something but the driver can't due to lack of hours. It seems to be a common issue at different terminals. There are some drivers who don't want to work much but that's how it goes with any sizable group. The night shift and weekend dispatchers treat all the drivers as if all of them are malingerers.
Pros
Plenty of terminals and a decent company culture.
Cons
Night and weekend dispatchers need more monitoring often times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crete Carrier Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Crete Carrier Corporation Reviews by Location