Crete Carrier Corporation Employee Reviews

loved the company
OVER THE ROAD TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 1, 2017
I loved working here. You did not have to go to Canada or have to have your hazmat endorsement to work there. Their equipment was very well maintained.
Crete is a fun place to work for.
Accounts Payable Clerk/Detention Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 30, 2017
Crete Carrier is a good place to work for. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere of the workplace. If I had to opportunity to work in the accounts payable department I would go for it.
Work was steady
Trailer Mechanic /Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmer, TXAugust 28, 2017
Steady work . Drivers where really nice, management didn't really know how to manage the shop . All the employees were very helpful all worked together
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
N/a
Overall Very Good
On-Boarding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 26, 2017
I really enjoy working for Crete Carrier. I was just looking for a job that fit better with my business degree and there weren't any positions currently open for me to move into that would benefit me.
Excellent Company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 20, 2017
All drivers looking for a good company to drive for should get in contact with Crete Carrier Corp.I drove for Crete twice and never had a problem with this company, very understanding company. They will get you home when they say. What they say is what they mean, There are no shortcuts, That is their Motto, Believe me it is true.
Pays well...but lacks proper communication
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 18, 2017
The communication between departments and other personnel is not good. Talk to multiple people, and no one knows what is going on. Usually keeps you busy...but don't expect to know what you're doing next.
Decent pay, everything else is ok
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  EverywhereAugust 17, 2017
You can make good money here, however their safety dept can go crazy on a lot of thing to the point whsre it makes it hard to make to make money even if you arn't doing anything wrong.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Overbearing staff
Slow not enough work to stay busy every day
Diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKAugust 15, 2017
Pay was not high enough for the work I was doing and the certificate I have. Also when I asked for help with anything I was working on I was told to just figure it out on my own and very minimal traing
Pros
Was able to get along with most of the people i worked with
Cons
Not enough work to stay busy
sign up on food stamps before you go!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2017
No miles, bad trucks,little to no pay, going back to my last company, everything goes great through orientation but when the rubber meets the road, this place is fail boat
Pros
Cons
no miles
Good Company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 14, 2017
Good company to work for. But in my opinion they were too big, and liked to micromanage everything that you do. I wanted to go to a smaller company...
Dispatcher Non Communicative
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 11, 2017
The hardest part of driving for Crete was the lack of communication, they demanded that I only communicate through the QualComm, and most of the time it was hard to get them to understand my issues via that form on contact. I was told that 3k miles a week was easy to get, yet I got less than 2700 every week, and when I asked for more I was lied to about the availability of freight.
My job at Crete was a God sent Blessing
Administrative Assistant/Orientation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJuly 19, 2017
I work in the Lenoir City terminal, and we have an amazing team, and team leaders. The work itself can be stressful, but our work environment and co-workers make coming to work every day easy. We are like a big family, all knowing we are there for each other at any given time. The company is great also. The benefits and pay are hard to beat. I plan on Crete Carrier being where I retire from.
Pros
Great benefits
Productive, fun, stressful at times, however always rewarding
Assistant Terminal/Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 18, 2017
The trucking industry. Never a dull moment, fun an can also be stressful. You learn how to listen to people and help accomplish whatever the task. The hardest thing to do is once a work relationship is developed the employee loses his safety clearance and jobe as well. The most rewarding is the satisfaction that one driver is resolved and they are satisfied that they can continue to be a productive participant within the company
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No sick time, or personal days
Trucks are trash..home time and low miles and pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 12, 2017
Trucks are always breaking down which means no pay for the driver for the first 36hrs.
Home time is a joke, miles and pay are low. Managment is clueless to the drivers issues which becomes very frustrating. There are better companies out there just do your homework.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Broke trucks, low pay and home time.
On the whole not too bad
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 10, 2017
On the whole not too bad a place to work at. However, if you are over a certain weight they WILL require you to undergo a sleep study which they will pay for but you will have to BUS IT to the location.
Good place to work if you don't mind being away from home
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 9, 2017
Good health insurance, 320 month family, 100 month for self. Good miles was averaging 3000 week. Down fall was cameras in cab, the trucking laws makes it hard to make good money, and Crete follows the rules
Pros
Health insurance, good miles
Cons
Never home
Lively experience, and great atmosphere.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 4, 2017
A typical day working with Crete Carrier was between 12 and 16 hours. It involved load assignments, fuel stops, routing, directions, and communication between dispatchers, shippers, and consignees.
Pros
flexibility, independence, job security
Cons
truck service, long hours, scheduled home time
slow trucks, good pay, questionable management
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 1, 2017
pretty good pay for company driving, plenty of freight, hopefully they respect their drivers more than they used to. pretty good about getting you home if you live in a traveled area
Just a job no real security or support from dispatch
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 27, 2017
Dispatchers were not consistently helpful or even honest. A couple good ones a couple bad ones. The same goes for maintenance support. They would routinely send me out on the road knowing heating and air conditioning didn't work.

The pay was just okay. It wasn't great but not bad. Its comparable to most other medium size trucking outfits.
Pros
Good sized terminals, Dispatchers tried to be fair about giving good and bad runs
Cons
Poor maintenance, Bad coffee, little support after hours
otr
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 19, 2017
great company to work for if you like truck driveing . they have plenty of freight to keep you moving and do it legal , my only complaint is that you have to stay out for three weeks to get three days off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crete Carrier Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.