Cricket Wireless Employee Reviews

slow paced jod
Manager (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GANovember 22, 2017
slow paced. Not paid enough. I like it depending on area there might be more to do. Customer service is a must and strong with sales.They do offer bonus but better if is manager bonus.
Great Company to work for
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2017
Cricket is a great company to work for. Unfortunately, it has a very greedy parent company that still has very "OLD SCHOOL" bad habits. Otherwise, the people, management and benefits are great
Pros
people and the management
Cons
inability to grow
work routine
Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 20, 2017
open doors for customer greet them, take payments, handle new activations and upgrades, do deposits, handle scheduling as well as solve problems over the phone for my employees
Slow paced
SALES ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
Cricket was slow paced. The starting salary is really low. Lunch was never scheduled. You take lunch as they tell you. Sometimes I wouldn't even get a lunch.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Nothing to do at times
good job over all
Cell Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Atascadero, CANovember 19, 2017
I had a good time while working at Cricket Wireless , i would sat the pay is good and nice structure, the teams i worked with were very helpful and I had a goo time helping customers make the best choice .
Terrible, terrible management.
Customer Service and Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Jennings, MONovember 17, 2017
My experience has been the worst experience in my working career.
A typical day at work consists of standing around or cleaning what little there is to be cleaned until a customer comes in, at which point every associate in the store tried to compete for the sale in order to hit quota for bonuses each month.
Bonuses are never given, even is quota is hit, which is extremely hard because the quota is set so high for such a slow paced store.
The management favored specific workers, and even let them get away with stealing company merchandise.
The job isnt hard, its just not worth the low pay and long hours.
Pros
Cons
racist management
Cricket Wireless
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HINovember 16, 2017
*Assist each customer to the best of my knowledge.
*Handle payments & adjust payment plans.
*Set up cellular devices & also fix some devices to a certain extent.
*Maintain knowledge about each device & accessories.
* Developed specializing each & every customers service.
its ok
Store Manager and Sales Advocate (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IANovember 16, 2017
flexible hours, very laid back as im the only one that works in the store 6 out of 7 days. lack of customers, poor marketing, and no way to advance into higher paying positions are my main reasons for leaving.
Pros
flexible hours, laid back
Cons
poor management, lack of customers, no raises
they suck
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 15, 2017
they lack management really bad. they never had coverage for lunches. always had to drive to beaverton for monthly meetings. and company never held their word when employee was told something.
Pros
gas cards
Cons
no lunches
Day to Day
Sales Representative-temp (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 15, 2017
The work is somewhat easy. You get to work with phones, create accounts, and take payments. Sometimes it gets pretty slow so you'd have to find ways to be productive and keep busy.
Pros
Pretty laid back
Cons
can get boring
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
working at Cricket wireless was a delight and fun place to work if you need a first job or second job. I would recommend this job to anyone trying to get into sales and need a start up job.
Recommed
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 15, 2017
Cricket Wireless is a company that is a good place for a work and life balance. It has provided good commission based on sales. A set set schedule was a plus.
Good starter
Customer service based job and high pressure sales (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 15, 2017
Cricket is a good starting job but not a career. The job is a high paced sales job that pushes numbers and emphasizes customer service and making sure people leave with a smile
great co workers and fast passed
SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2017
as long as you were on top of your sales and you were greeting the costumes so that you can get the sale it is a decent paycheck but they do pressure you a lot if you have another co-worker that did better
it was temporary but alright
Retail Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed helping customers better understand their new devices, how the plans work, and how to flash a phone from carrier to Cricket Wireless. Unfortunately, it was only temporary and difficult since I was the only employee to be in the building for 8-9 hours a day with no higher up (he consistently left to albuquerque).
Pros
fun environment
Cons
poor management
you have time to relax and eat for your break
Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2017
he was not on you he used to give you breaks and he also has bonuses for holidays like either a free upgrade or 200$ for your own self or towards school
Pros
gets us lunch most of the time on him
Cons
alot of sitting
Pretty easy going job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 14, 2017
Job was easy and the pay was good. Only thing is people came inside thinking we were technical support when we were sales reps so dealing with that was annoying. Only bad thing about this job is that the store I worked at it was only me and the manager (for the majority of the time) and us both being women usually men would talk to us however they wanted to or they would try and touch us. There was an incident where a man got very angry and tried to grab my wrist but I pulled away and he stormed out. The job and people were amazing. The customers...not so much
Pros
Pay, commission, breaks, managment
Cons
Being left alone, out of control customers
New experience but overall great company.
sales (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 13, 2017
My first time working in sales and i have to say i actually really loved it. The management was pretty flexible with requested time off. The work environment was pretty relaxed but fast paced at times when busy. Helps you learn social skills as well that can be use in everyday life. Great expedience!
It's a job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WINovember 13, 2017
It's an okay place to work. Not a lot of room for advancement, I would recommend for beginners in management. It allows you the opportunity to gain experience without needing a whole lot of qualifications.
Laidback but competitive place to be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2017
Cricket Wireless was a fun place to be. Most days would be slow, but I learned a lot about cell phone technology and cell phone operating systems. I've improved my customer service skills by working here. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who didn't understand cell phone technology, and having to deal with nation-wide service problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cricket Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.