Cricut Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great culture at Cricut.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTDecember 3, 2017
Cricut is a great company. The employees are the best part. You are valued at Cricut. The job can be stressful, since I worked in Customer Support that is part of the job, though. Everyone works together to not only give the customers a great experience but also the employees.
Pros
A lot of free food and activites
Cons
sometimes stressful, there are cliques
Not awful, but could be better in almost every way
Software Development (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 28, 2017
The job isn't awful, but it definitely leaves a lot to be desired. Most (but definitely not all) teams are very underpaid, and the turnover rate reflects that. If you interview make sure to ask how long everyone on your team has been there!

Work/life balance was ok when I started, but expectations changed significantly over my time with the company. Many people working nights/weekends/holidays. Frequently promise PTO "makeup days" but don't deliver.

Management plays favorites in basically every decision, and has a posse of people you should not cross. It's very easy to go from everyone's good side to out in the cold without realizing you've even done anything wrong. A good rule of thumb- if they used to work at Logitech you should probably be careful what you say to them. "Confidentiality" doesn't exist, even in company surveys where it is explicitly stated.

Without getting into details, the company has a history of morally questionable business practices that have not subsided after the major changes to management. Personally I had insights into issues with hiring practices and inventory management, and I've heard of similar issues from other ex-employees since leaving.

All that aside, the product is much cooler than you may realize at first glance. The work presents a lot of interesting challenges, and it will definitely challenge you more than you would ever suspect. Plenty of complex problems to solve, which presents lots of opportunities for growth.

New office is very nice. Well maintained office furniture and a very nice kitchen/break room. Office parties
  more... are taken very seriously and are really fun, especially Halloween. Ping pong table is available, but some managers are critical of employees that take advantage.  less
Pros
Revolving door is great for networking, cool product, nice office
Cons
Office politics, low pay, questionable business practices
Cool product, but a bit of a mess
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJanuary 15, 2017
A really neat product, and a dynamic driven executive team. Unfortunately, product development is more than a bit of a mess. A large team with little to no organization or planning, I feel they are struggling to make good use of their resources and get quality products out.
Pros
Great pay and benefits good people
Cons
Development team needs organization, standards, and processes or they are going to continue to flail
Great job
Contact Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJanuary 3, 2017
loved it and enjoyed working here. Good people and great environment. It was okay but there was more to the way they train. The training for the job can improve
Pros
breaks
Cons
call monitoring
Fun place to expand my recruiting skills
CUSTOMER CARE PROVO CRAFT (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 6, 2015
My typical day was making about 50 outbound calls to companies that hire Microsoft .Net Developers

I learned to be self-motivated and develop effective phone skills to get around the gatekeeper to the decision maker.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the developers find a job they loved.
Pros
Business lunches, great boss, proactive decision making
Cons
commission only work, start up company
Official response from Cricut
May 11, 2017

Not sure what position this is describing but our Customer Care Representatives do not work on commission and they have no quotas of outbound calls, sales or helping developers to find jobs. In fact, no position like this exists in our company. Perhaps this person works for Cricut now but was rating their previous employer?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cricut. Our community is ready to answer.