Job Description: Order/Expediter -- Creative Industry
The Order/Expediter will demonstrate a positive attitude, be self-motivated, eager to learn, and a multi-tasker balancing routine duties with more diverse and complex tasks/projects in a fast paced environment. As a strategic problem-solver, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to effectively organize projects, execute plans with keen attention to detail, accuracy and timing; be an articulate / effective communicator, and able to partner with many persons across the organization.
You are a high performance, hardworking individual looking to make an impact. You want to be part of a high energy, fast-growing company in a high-demand industry like design. You are meticulous and organized -- you always hit deadlines. You have had experience managing projects with many working parts in an environment that focused on superior customer service. You are adept at trouble-shooting and minimizing risk. And, you want to work at a company where you can make an impact working with an award-winning design team.
- Coordinate purchasing and installing arrangements related to activities and products required to deliver residential and commercial interior design projects.
- Communicate directly with contractors/designers concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling. Prepare project status reports and work to ensure plans adhere to contract and project specifications.
- Oversee client project schedules (e.g., arrange meetings, schedule appointments, procurement).
- Manage the order fulfillment process including order entry, administration, and receiving. Oversees the order tracking process and ensures orders are processed in accordance with the organization's customer service standards
- Facilitate communications and correspondence with clients, staff, suppliers and others (e.g., email, voicemail, letters); mmaintain detailed list of contacts in regularly updated database
- Field phone calls and prioritize/schedule return calls
- Establish working relationships with key clients, subcontractors, vendors , their assistants and other professional contacts
- Create and maintain project files of purchasing, vendor and professionals correspondence
- Enter information into project management and tracking software; create purchase orders and interface with client billing systems as required
- Produce reports for progress meetings; create and manage expense, client and other reports
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports; manage digital file systems
- Maintain confidentiality where advised
- Attend project and team meetings, including on-project-site locations
Desired Skills & Experience
- Upbeat, energetic, can-do attitude
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Strong analytical skills and creative thinking capabilities
- Ability to anticipate needs, prioritize and multi-task
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Communicates clearly and listens actively; excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, quality and follow-up
- Proactive approach to problem solving; eexcellent advance planning skills and prioritization of tasks;
- Organized and able to attain results on several projects simultaneously Flexible/ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment with minimal supervision
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience in writing correspondence, reports and other business documents
- Excellent computer skills required including MSWord and Excel; Experience with a contact database (e.g., Studio WebWare) preferred
- Professional presence representing firm in client and project meetings
- Thrives as a team player in a fast-paced, high-energy, change-oriented environment
- Team oriented, willing to jump in when needed
- Associates degree or 4-year degree preferred
- A minimum of 4-7 years experience as an expeditor or procurement or project management in a fast paced environment
- Experience in interior design, architecture, construction, purchasing, or retail industries is a plus
- Part-time availability (at least 3 scheduled days per week)
- Ability to provide own transportation
- Compensation negotiable and commensurate with experience