CRITERION Employee Reviews

Fun club to be apart of.
Member (Former Employee) –  RiversideSeptember 2, 2015
The typical thing for the Criterion club was getting together with all writers and editors to discuss what to put in the new paper. Then each section would break off into their groups and brainstorm ideas. Then certain stories would be handed to a writer.
Pros
Get a good sense of what journalism is about.
Cons
Don't always post your work.
A great job
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 27, 2015
Good pay with good employees and management. I liked the hours I worked (3:30PM till 11:30PM). Had the summer off. Operated boilers at a central heat plant, took hourly readings, performed water analysis and made adjustments to the equipment. Had great co-workers and management.
Productive and fun workplace
Substitute/Floater (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAApril 24, 2015
A typical day working at Criterion was like any other pre school. You had your baby room, toddler room, and then you had pre k. Me as a substitute teacher/floater I had hands on with all the classrooms so I got lucky with working with all different ages of children. I learned how to keep calm while being under pressure in the classroom but also learned how to work in a professional and orderly manor. My co workers ages varied from late teens to mid 50's so I got to experience how different people of different ages worked. I think what was most enjoyable about working in the classroom was circle time. It gave the teachers and the children time to talk about their day and express their feelings. Also, when we would talk about weather or what we were learning it's always fun to hear what the children have to say.
Pros
Gaining a bond with the children, free lunches
Cons
Not enough planning time
Easy day on the site.
Security Officer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJFebruary 15, 2015
Never had an issue with working for criterion the staff was great and so was management. Laid back only a few issues with the employees at the factory which required police action, but we handled the situations very well.
Challenging at first
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vena, VAJanuary 24, 2014
On a day to day basis I resolve all requests for Telecommunications services. Wheather it be a new phone and voicemail account, resolve any and all issues with phone cabling, fix a firepanel that is experiencing and issue, install callboxes for security gates, install ISDN lines for video conferencing, terminate 110 / 66 block with 25 - 100 pair copper cabling, terminate CAT 5 / CAT 6 cabling, make station cables where a longer than standard cable is required, Conduct all mass moves during construction, help endusers with any questions they may have concerning phones or voicemail, manage all phone inventory, run reports as needed on PBX, perform all patches and upgrades on PBX / Call Pilot, manage all voicemail accounts. Work with Federal staff to provide all Telecommunicaitons and Radio Frequecie request.

The most challenging part of this job has been to understand the cabling plant. This is a campus type environment so a connection sometimes is routed through as many as four building before terminating at the PBX.

Job location is at NETL (DOE) in Morgantown, WV.
Pros
i have learned a lot about firepanels, callboxes, and isdn's.
Cons
walking from building to building in the weather.
Good place to work, daily challenges
Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 4, 2012
A typical day started with the previous day's notes on things to check first thing. Keeping reactors running was job one. Checking overnight operation and status was paramount. Co workers were very cooperative in many duties and likewise I cooperated with them in their duties. The most difficult part of the job was always making sure the reactors were at a steady state and operating smoothly. The best part of the job was always a successful test run.
Pros
no clock to punch in and you worked til you got your job done.
Cons
sometimes there were too many things to do in one day, group meeting were sometimes an interference.
No values
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Thomaston GaDecember 8, 2011
If you like family atmosphere style manufacturing with a watch your back every step you make company.Then this is your place! I was an outsider and treated like one. To get someone in management to listen you have to know someone or well you know.....all i have to say is very arrogant, ignorant management staff.
Pros
the hours and days off
Cons
management and lack of education