Critical Care

Critical Care Employer Reviews

Emergency Medical and Fire Response
Paramedic, Air Angels (Former Employee), Bolingbrook ILApril 8, 2014
Wonderfully rewarding. Sorry to see the company close its doors.
demanding, ever changing role of providing patient centered care coordination
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Rock Island, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great teamwork with bedside nursing staff
Cons: understaffed, high turn-over, poor orientation and continuing education, lack of managerial oversight, no feedback on utilization reviews
Typical day included daily continued stay utilization review for inpatients in intensive care, providing requested clinical information to third party providers, care coordination rounds at bedside Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Multi-disciplinary complex care meetings Tuesdays and Thursdays, meeting with patients/loved ones to assess functional status – more... prior to admission and making appropriate referrals to ensure safe discharge plan, providing emotional support to patients/loved ones. Worked side by side with ICU nursing staff to identify high risk patients. – less
Great opportunity to learn Level 1 Trauma Management
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: latest trauma management research and patient care standards
Cons: long shifts with frequent need to pull call being called in on off days due to staff call ins.
The position afforded the opportunity to enter the critical care environment first as a novice and develop into an expert. The learning environment superseded any monitory value given for the position.
Its good to work with a company like BMS as employees are satisfied in all ways.
sales team member (Medical representative) (Former Employee), Mumbai,MaharashtraFebruary 9, 2014
I have learned how to work with people from different cultures and in a compliant way, implications of ethics and so many good things that will definitely help me in my career life. Co workers are really good and helping, management is fantastic- always there for their employees. I really enjoy my work here.
What I learned
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: getting experience in a variety of health care settings
Cons: no benefits or room for advancement- agency job
Working in this critical care environment allowed me the ability to walk into any health care facility and do what needs to be done to ensure positive patient outcomes.
productive work place if u have time to offer
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: recieved great experience
Cons: shorth lunch, rude patients
This ofice is very unorginized and the doctor is tuff to deal with she don't practice the golden rule!
Gratifying and challenging all the same time.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 9, 2014
Critical Care was a brillant environment to exercise critical thinking, intensity all the while experiencing the rewards associated with rehabilitating someone back to care. It enabled a person to develop exceptional time management skills, strengthen critical thinking and exert teaching, compassion and people skills with the patient and family.
Room for advancement
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), St Louis, MOOctober 21, 2013
Great team work. Growing company. Competitive salary. Aquired advanced skills in area of critical care medicine.
Good Company
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2013
Critical Care Systems provides Home Infusion Therapy to patient's with life threatening conditions. My experience with them during my employment was overall very good. The staff was excellent and very supportive of each other. The working environment and the benefits they provided were excellent.
Great work place
Nurse RN (Former Employee), Amityville N.Y.August 15, 2013
Pros: great atmoshere and co-workers
Cons: nine
Taking care off all patients needs. Evaluation of critical patient, respirators, A-lines, CVP lines, starting IV's, suctioning, etc.
teamwork
RN (Current Employee), Grapevine, TexasJuly 16, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: significant staff turnover
Love the teamwork and the autonomy of being an ICU nurse.................................................................
Medical Representative
Medical Representative (Former Employee), Kanpur, UPJuly 9, 2013
My work involved meeting doctors, chemists, stockists in my assigned area. Introduce doctors about the new products about the company.
This was my favorite part of clinicals
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), OhioJuly 5, 2013
Pros: a lot of hands on experience
Cons: not always a lot to do
I loved working in the critical care setting because I love watching the patients recover from being very bad off, although it is tough when you have to let go of some patients.
Nurse Manager
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 27, 2013
I was the Nurse manager of the ICU / CCU . over seen the patient care and all needs was being care for .
Was a temporary CPhT for CCS
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Plum Boro/ Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2013
Pros: gained clean room experience.
Cons: no benefits.
I am actually with Aerotek Scientific. They are a temp to hire/ contractual employer. I take the bus and the fact I could not keep the same hours as the pharmacy caused CCS to not renew my contract. The people there were very pleasant and worked well as a team.
I learned the Rx Home software program and helped them to get there inventory under control – more... as well as reformatting the entire warehouse.
I was also trained in new patient intake and ongoing patient management. I was also there when they changed to the BBraun Pinnacle TPN compounder.
The hardest part of my job was having to get up at 4:30 am so that I could leave my house by 5:45 to take 3 buses and a 90 minutes commute one way. This brought me back home at 5:45 pm. Mid/late week got rather gruling; but, I really enjoyed my job so it was worth it. – less
Mentally satisfying job
Junior Dietician (Former Employee), BangaloreMarch 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Typical Day would involve interacting with different types of in - patients and out - patients, though job stress was more the co-operative nature of all the staff would make the environment very suitable and work friendly.
ER/ Critical Care (Current Employee), St Petersburg, FLDecember 27, 2012
Very diverse population. Very busy critical care areas. Float between the ICU and the ER.
I want to make every hospital stay as pleasant for the patient and family as possible.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Franklin, TNOctober 17, 2012
Pros: feeling as though you have made a difference.
Cons: if the patient is terminal, it's hard to know what to say sometimes.
Very rewarding most of the time. I learn something new every day even though I have been an RN for 29 years. I honestly feel that if any nurse ever feels "she knows it all", then it is most definately time for her to quit and find another career. I love my patients and their family most of the time.
Wonderful experience to be a part of emergency medicine
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Friendly Hills Hospital, La Habra, Ca.October 11, 2012
Care of 1 to 3 patients in the Critical Care setting.
all aspects of emergency support, and care.
A wonderful collaboration of specialized care givers all working together to save this person's life.
Long hours,
Most enjoyable part was helping people get better. Supporting patients and thier families to get thru this difficult time.
pharmacy manager cares about us.
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee), Wixom, MIOctober 6, 2012
Pros: flexible time
Daily pharmacy operation, dispensing, dosing monitoring, patient counseling.
Co-workers are helpful.
Company provides periodic training on new policy and procedures.

About Critical Care

About the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses: Founded in 1969 and based in Aliso Viejo, Calif., the American Association – Read more