Critical Care Employee Reviews in United States

i would recommend this company to anyone
RRT PRN Staff Baylor Scott and White (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2016
I would recommend the company to anyone, I work there PRNand it seems they are family and patient oriented. The management is of high standards and welcomes the professionals that work there to be of high standards also
Review of the Critical Care Center
Teacher (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAFebruary 15, 2016
The Critical Care Center is an excellent place to learn and teach. It is a location where someone can study PALS, ACLS, BLS and prepare to take the TEAS exam.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 4, 2016
I currently work in Critical care. Typically, I take care of 2 to 3 patients depending on the acuity of care. I learned a lot during my stay in ICU. My coworkers are available upon request. The hardest part of the job is staffing. I enjoy working with my coworkers.
Pros
diversity
Cons
staffing
productive
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Critical Care Systems was a home infusion company bought out by Walgreens. Daily duties included patient intake, pharmacy orders, patient medication delivery and customer service.
Great Company to work for
SENIOR SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 11, 2016
Excellent patient care
Faith based mission, vision and values
Employee focused
Great employee benefits
Education and advancement opportunities
Pros
Employee Focused
The nurses were so nice!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 29, 2015
I would go to work and everyone would say hi to me, everyone had a smile on their face even though they worked all night! You round with the nurses and basically just shadow them and after the nurses would do what they had to do you would ask th PT if they needed anything. Around lunch time I would take PT orders and send them in. constantly check on them to see if they needed anything. Sit with them and create a conversation and ask the nurses if they needed anything or have anything for me to do and I would file papers!
Pros
creating relationships with patients
Cons
Dont really have time to sit down.
It's TOUGH to be an RN
Registered Nurse - Retired (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CA, Texas, Ontario CanadaNovember 10, 2015
It works when you're fresh and young, but try Critical Care for about 10 years. UGH. I got out early enough to avoid wrinkles, aging and looking withered.
On the bright side, the education and knowledge I gathered now helps my friends and we invaluable when I had a child.
Good luck to all the noble, caring giving nurses!
Pros
Helping others, the money
Cons
Toughest job in the world, physically and mentally where lives are at stake
Challenging critical care setting
Coronary Care Unit Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 4, 2015
The coronary care unit challenged health care providers to care for cardiac patients during and after the acute phase of illness
non stop saved lives had to know your job and love people
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Kings County Flatbush BrooklynSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day - Patient Stabilization, Triage and clinical support of the Critical Care Trauma Team. Collected Vital Signs, Performed EKG CPR, Finger Sticks and Phlebotomy

I learned how to work under pressure, work as a team or by myself as needed and great customer service

I worked with several levels of management from Head Nurse to the
CEO of Kings County. I followed job direction if I felt it was wrong we would discuss it.

Co-workers come and go. I was a team leader and trainer if they did not do the job correct or were unwilling to comply they were written up, that was after three strikes.

The hardest part of my job was telling a family member that their loved on was deceased.

My patients and their families.
Small unit with minimal resources for extra help
Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Livingston Regional HospitalMay 7, 2015
Great teamwork with employees. Patient safety is top priority. Staffing at times can be minimal due to small number of employees. Registered nurses are responsible for LPN's at times.
Pros
Small unit, work with same coworkers most of the time. Team work is high.
Cons
Overtime required. On call days required. Little resourses for extra staffing when needed.
Worked with great people.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 3, 2014
I enjoyed my job. My hours were cut and I had to move on. I enjoyed my coworkers and interacting with patients and families.
extensive ED/ICU expiriences 20+ years
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 27, 2014
I have worked in multiple settings in Texas and San Diego, CA, working in different ER's, chest pain center. I worked covering as an RN, with same responsibilities and assistance. Also assisting in traumas or prepping patients for cardiac catheterization. Also expert in splinting in orthopedic injuries.
Pros
excellent with attention to detail
Cons
not getting my rn
Vital Learning Opportunity
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MissouriSeptember 13, 2014
When I had my clinicals at St. Clare Hospital every day was full of new learning opportunities and circumstances that really exercised my critical thinking skills as a nurse. This rotation truly enhanced my time management and patient priority skills. I was able to interact with other departments and further develop my communication skills.
Critical Care
Sinai hospital Senior Practicum (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MdSeptember 5, 2014
Managing care for patients post op and pre op. giving assessments, medications, and treatment modalities.
great place to work, team work is essential.
RN (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYAugust 15, 2014
building a good work relationship with Indeed, getting good vibes.
Most recent clinical experience with preceptor supervision
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCAugust 5, 2014
12 hour day shifts in a 9 bed ICU
Two patients per nurse
Utilized critical thinking skills, the nursing process, and care plans
Experience with electronic charting
Collaborated with various members of the healthcare team
Fun and energetic
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2014
Critical care is an excellent are to work in. Shift work can be tough and so can the acuity of the patients but the education and lifelong learning is priceless. Critical care helps your management skills by being a shift leader and leader of code blues. Hardest part of the job is dealing with loss of patients and difficult family members.
Emergency Medical and Fire Response
Paramedic, Air Angels (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook ILApril 8, 2014
Wonderfully rewarding. Sorry to see the company close its doors.
demanding, ever changing role of providing patient centered care coordination
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Typical day included daily continued stay utilization review for inpatients in intensive care, providing requested clinical information to third party providers, care coordination rounds at bedside Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Multi-disciplinary complex care meetings Tuesdays and Thursdays, meeting with patients/loved ones to assess functional status prior to admission and making appropriate referrals to ensure safe discharge plan, providing emotional support to patients/loved ones. Worked side by side with ICU nursing staff to identify high risk patients.
Pros
great teamwork with bedside nursing staff
Cons
understaffed, high turn-over, poor orientation and continuing education, lack of managerial oversight, no feedback on utilization reviews
Great opportunity to learn Level 1 Trauma Management
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXFebruary 11, 2014
The position afforded the opportunity to enter the critical care environment first as a novice and develop into an expert. The learning environment superseded any monitory value given for the position.
Pros
latest trauma management research and patient care standards
Cons
long shifts with frequent need to pull call being called in on off days due to staff call ins.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Critical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3