Software Engineer - Junior role
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and monitor software using a variety of platforms and technologies
- Develop Highly Available and Scalable Web Applications for consumers
- Develop Highly Available and Scalable Web Services
- Develop Reliable and Easy to use Software for Internal Users
- Work closely with users to develop project requirements and generate test plans
- Keep up to date with new technologies and actively implement innovative solutions
- 1 – 2 years relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills
- An understanding of scalability principles and the discipline involved in building datacenter-resilient web applications
- Ability to deliver in an agile environment and to create simple solutions to complex problems
- Strong commitment to QA/Testing and ability to produce and deploy high quality, fast, reliable code
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with any of our core technologies:
- Web Services and APIs: SOAP, REST, JSON, XML
- Frameworks: Spring, GWT
- Relational Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL
- NoSQL and Non-Relational Datastores: SimpleDB, Dynamo DB, Memcached, Cassandra
- Platforms: Linux, Amazon Web Services
- Tools: Jira, Bamboo, Git
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning and applying new technologies, and will be eager to share what they have learned with colleagues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
Base salary based on qualifications/experience
This position is open in our Perrysburg, Ohio office. However we will also consider qualified candidates who are based near our Warwick, Rhode Island office.
Critical Mix is on a mission to simplify data collection, by providing market research and consulting firms with easy access to high-quality survey solutions with a human touch. We deliver unparalleled customer service experience…no matter the size or scope of the project, the Critical Mix team is there to provide thoughtful and caring customer support.
Critical Mix team members are problem solvers, they are fun, passionate, caring, helpful and creative… if this description sounds like you, please send your resume and cover letter to us.
Please put in subject line: Your name, Software Engineer, Your preferred location (Perrysburg or Warwick)
We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Critical Mix is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard