CRITTENTON SERVICES Employee Reviews

Supportive co-workers, however, lacks structure
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 23, 2017
Difficult to balance work and life due to no set schedule, and schedule constantly changes. However, clinical director at Pomona is supportive, understanding, and fun to be around.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
being on-call and constant changing schedule
The CEO is phenomenal in her quest to run a quality agency
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 2, 2017
I've never worked for an agency that administration puts so much time, effort and money into training management to be the best that they can be. The expectations are high, but this promotes good supervisory skills. It is refreshing to work for an organization that truly has a goal of providing safe environments for clients and teaching skills for life.
Pros
Respectful environment, excellent benefits and salary.
Cons
Reliant upon county, state and federal funding that can change with the political climate.
Provides Experience in working with Crossover youth
Primary Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 8, 2017
I currently work with a nonprofit organization serving at-risk youth.
My experience includes working with probation and DCFS youth, follow their program for reunification with their families, building rapport with clients, and providing continuous care with the same providers. I work in collaboration with my team to ensure our clients are meeting their treatment goals.
Great first experience into mental health field
Officer of the Day (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 18, 2017
I enjoyed this as a first job out of college. Was able to put education into practice and learn the true limitations of the field. Pay was decently competitive but was not able to sustain a married couple well and the benefits were basic.
There can definitely be some tough days at a group home when some staff are there for the kids and the others really don't care. Just hold on to those that want to leave impact on the youth.
Pros
training, management
Cons
tough role, pay/benefits
Supports the programs administratively
Program Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Program Office Assistant (POA) for Staff Development supported the dept by taking phone calls to scheduling training sessions-this job helped employees update their job related skills when ever needed. Any administrative task undertaking by the Program Office Assistant allowed management to work on necessary new instructions encouraging proficiency in employee skills required by outside contracts and the agency standard. It was a joy getting to meet and support all the different employees of the organization. Hardest part is learning how politics affects the outcome of good working programs within non-profit.
Pros
Good benefits packages offered
Cons
Policy affecting budgets which alter good working programs
A learning environment
Parent Partner (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 3, 2016
I enjoyed my work experience with this company. It was a learning environment that provided current training to assist staff complete there task while building on staff knowledge.
Pros
some
Cons
some
Medical Department
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 1, 2015
My day includes seeing patients who have any type of medical concerns. There is also a lot of paper work and charting that comes with the job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay
Na
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Pomona, caMay 20, 2015
Wraparound program are very intensive. Managed the clinical components (mental health and TBS services). Enjoyed working with the staff
Productive and fun work place
Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 3, 2015
If you enjoy working with teen girls then this is your place to be. This population is very unique and can be challenging but it is a great experience. You can be as creative as possible when working towards goals to change negative behaviors.
Great enviroment
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 3, 2014
Great place to gain experience from. Management and co-workers are always willing to help when needed. Working with my group of clients are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun place to work
Residential Counselor in Substance Abuse Cottage (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 21, 2014
Worked with teen moms and their children. volunteer basis only.
Good place to learn about other's cultures
❸ Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CaSeptember 22, 2014
My work day was mostly caring for children. Helping them get ready for bed and prepare them for school or outdoor events. I cleaned the house, placed work orders and did light maintenance. I learned about the cultural differences of the children that came through the houses. Management was well enough. My co-workers were well rounded patient individuals. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unclear communication. The best part was working with the kids.
Great job but management is a mess.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 4, 2014
Overall the clients that we work with are great. However, this place is like High School all over again. Management is a joke and management here have favorites. This means if you are not in the favorite position you wont be able to advance.
Pros
Pto
Cons
short breaks, management, favoritism.
Unfair Treatment, NEVER a raise or advancement
Secretary-Wellspring Family Services (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WV (ElmGrove)August 24, 2014
I worked as the secretary at Wellspring Family Services (a branch of Crittenton, across the street) for over 1yr. It pays $9/hr with an unpaid 1/2hr lunch that you are still made to work during (BETTER answer that phone with food in your mouth. Hope no clients walk in, bc you're eating at your desk, no break space or lunchroom). The "wonderful" benefits package costs $200 per pay period. You cannot request a day off, no matter how far in advance. They give you 3hrs of PTO per pay period. It takes over a month to earn a day off. If you don't have saved PTO time, you can't take a day (even emergency or sick). Policy states you gain more PTO after your 1yr mark (4.6hrs per pay). My year came and they refused to give my extra PTO time. They pile other office's work onto you. Made to cover for other secretaries with no notice, but couldn't have them cover for me. Yelled at for other's mistakes. No organization. Client referral list is months long. A client will call in to ask why they haven't been scheduled yet, they called in 4wks ago, you tell them that a specific therapist is assigned to them and you will have that person call them back. Then when you mention this client to the afore mentioned therapist, they've never heard of this person. Other's laziness makes it seem like you are incompetent. Asked for a raise and was told that they "had already made the budget up, maybe next quarter". Next quarter rolled around, no raise. I was always told how I was the longest secretary they had. Now I know why they go through them so fast...5 secretaries in 3yrs. Maybe they ought to start  more... looking at themselves as the problem. You want low pay for doing about 4 different people's jobs? Have at it.  less
Cons
low pay, unfair treatment, no advancement, piling other position's work on you
Hard for them to keep employees
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 15, 2014
Employees are underpaid and underappreciated. The scheduling is unorganized, and employees are forced to work long hours because the facility is understaffed.
great place to gain experience
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 8, 2014
long hours, no set lunch breaks,
time management and priority skills learned
It was a great learning experance
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Fast pace, patients was a virtue to have. I was a great team player when it came to using my crisis intervention training skills. The curriculum was not made to write incident reports and medical billing for multiple clients.Working 70 hours weekly. Making a difference with client came so natural.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner daily.
Cons
Worked too many double shifts
Amazine life experience.
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elm Grove, WVDecember 31, 2013
Crittenton Services was an amazing place to work as I was able to be a part of so many teenagers lives. It was a very rewarding job that had its ups and downs. The co-workers were great to work with and very supportive of one another. I was able to learn that I was much stronger of a person then I thought I was before I had this position. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to touch the lives of so many children. The hardest part of this job was working with those children who did not want the help and were physically violent.
Social services with dedicated staff
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  fullerton, caOctober 29, 2013
great "specialy" programs, staff has passion for what they do, really makes a difference with the young people/families they work with
Insensitive to staffs' needs.
Wraparound Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CASeptember 5, 2013
Very busy 24/7 job, must be flexible and available to respond to family crises' and reschedule appointments due to last minute meetings/trainings. Must be able to cancel personal appointments or vacations due to mandatory trainings. The program manager was very difficult to work for due to her lack of experience in her position and her inability to listen to others and their concerns.
Pros
Flexible daily schedules, including lunch. Co-workers very supportive and sensitive.
Cons
Unable to make and keep medical and dental appts. due last minute meetings and trainings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRITTENTON SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8