CRITTENTON SERVICES

CRITTENTON SERVICES Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 3, 2015
If you enjoy working with teen girls then this is your place to be. This population is very unique and can be challenging but it is a great experience. You can be as creative as possible when working towards goals to change negative behaviors.
Great enviroment
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Fullerton, CADecember 3, 2014
Great place to gain experience from. Management and co-workers are always willing to help when needed. Working with my group of clients are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun place to work
Residential Counselor in Substance Abuse Cottage (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAOctober 21, 2014
Worked with teen moms and their children. volunteer basis only.
Good place to learn about other's cultures
❸ Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Fullerton, CaSeptember 22, 2014
My work day was mostly caring for children. Helping them get ready for bed and prepare them for school or outdoor events. I cleaned the house, placed work orders and did light maintenance. I learned about the cultural differences of the children that came through the houses. Management was well enough. My co-workers were well rounded patient individuals. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unclear communication. The best part was working with the kids.
Great job but management is a mess.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Fullerton, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: short breaks, management, favoritism.
Overall the clients that we work with are great. However, this place is like High School all over again. Management is a joke and management here have favorites. This means if you are not in the favorite position you wont be able to advance.
Unfair Treatment, NEVER a raise or advancement
Secretary-Wellspring Family Services (Former Employee), Wheeling, WV (ElmGrove)August 24, 2014
Cons: low pay, unfair treatment, no advancement, piling other position's work on you
I worked as the secretary at Wellspring Family Services (a branch of Crittenton, across the street) for over 1yr. It pays $9/hr with an unpaid 1/2hr lunch that you are still made to work during (BETTER answer that phone with food in your mouth. Hope no clients walk in, bc you're eating at your desk, no break space or lunchroom). The "wonderful" benefits package costs $200 per pay period. You cannot request a day off, no matter how far in advance. They give you 3hrs of PTO per pay period. It takes over a month to earn a day off. If you don't have saved PTO time, you can't take a day (even emergency or sick). Policy states you gain more PTO after your 1yr mark (4.6hrs per pay). My year came and they refused to give my extra PTO time. They pile other office's work onto you. Made to cover for other secretaries with no notice, but couldn't have them cover for me. Yelled at for other's mistakes. No organization. Client referral list is months long. A client will call in to ask why they haven't been scheduled yet, they called in 4wks ago, you tell them that a specific therapist is assigned to them and you will have that person call them back. Then when you mention this client to the afore mentioned therapist, they've never heard of this person. Other's laziness makes it seem like you are incompetent. Asked for a raise and was told that they "had already made the budget up, maybe next quarter". Next quarter rolled around, no raise. I was always told how I was the longest secretary they had. Now I know why they go through them so fast...5 secretaries in 3yrs. Maybe they ought to start looking at themselves as the problem. You want low pay for doing about 4 different people's jobs? Have at it.
Hard for them to keep employees
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVAugust 15, 2014
Employees are underpaid and underappreciated. The scheduling is unorganized, and employees are forced to work long hours because the facility is understaffed.
great place to gain experience
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAAugust 8, 2014
long hours, no set lunch breaks,
time management and priority skills learned
no comment
Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVApril 14, 2014
I have no comments including no opinions or summary information to provide at this time.
It was a great learning experance
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch and dinner daily.
Cons: worked too many double shifts
Fast pace, patients was a virtue to have. I was a great team player when it came to using my crisis intervention training skills. The curriculum was not made to write incident reports and medical billing for multiple clients.Working 70 hours weekly. Making a difference with client came so natural.
Amazine life experience.
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Elm Grove, WVDecember 31, 2013
Crittenton Services was an amazing place to work as I was able to be a part of so many teenagers lives. It was a very rewarding job that had its ups and downs. The co-workers were great to work with and very supportive of one another. I was able to learn that I was much stronger of a person then I thought I was before I had this position. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to touch the lives of so many children. The hardest part of this job was working with those children who did not want the help and were physically violent.
Social services with dedicated staff
Case Manager (Former Employee), fullerton, caOctober 29, 2013
great "specialy" programs, staff has passion for what they do, really makes a difference with the young people/families they work with
Insensitive to staffs' needs.
Wraparound Facilitator (Former Employee), Norwalk, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: flexible daily schedules, including lunch. co-workers very supportive and sensitive.
Cons: unable to make and keep medical and dental appts. due last minute meetings and trainings.
Very busy 24/7 job, must be flexible and available to respond to family crises' and reschedule appointments due to last minute meetings/trainings. Must be able to cancel personal appointments or vacations due to mandatory trainings. The program manager was very difficult to work for due to her lack of experience in her position and her inability to listen to others and their concerns.
Transportating clients
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAMay 30, 2013
supervising clients, taking them to doctor and dental appointments
Great place to learn how to work with Emotionally Disturbed Youth and DMH paperwork. Company strives for a family feel with employees
Therapist (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: learn about several diagnosis, a chance to treat diagnosis and weekly supervision to help you provide the best services to clients.
Cons: no flexibility in schedule and salary only applies if you work over 40 hrs a week.
As a therapist you will work at a very busy and fast pace. You must learn how to multi-task and be very flexible with your daily schedule. I learned how to work with emotionally disturbed youth, work with a multi-disciplinary team, do paperwork for LA DMH, and become very efficient with time and stress management. Management is very hands on in teaching and helping employees build skills necessary to be successful in this field. Co-workers at Crittenton are great, friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is that there is an extremely large work load and the expectations are to get work done even if it means working late into the night ( I have worked 13 + hours at times). Also notable is there is no flexibility with the schedule, as you would expect with a salaried position. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the growth and improvement of the clients.
Amzaing place to work with adolescents, challenging but a good place.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), fullerton, caDecember 10, 2012
Pros: many pros helping the youth and families
Cons: some employees need more training to be more courteous and caring
Every work place has it's pros and cons. I could say the negeative but I have much more positive things to say. It's a great place to gain knowledge and expriences from different curltures. I loved working there for one reason which was for the children. i'm greatful for the opportunity I had in working there. The companies goal was what kept me there. Unforturenately I made a big mistake that could have been fixed but I ignored it and wasnt honest :( and was let go. But good company working for the youth which is great.
This place is for someone with thick skin and looking to make a difference in someone's life.
TBS Lead (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAOctober 27, 2012
Pros: pto
Cons: n/a
Hardwork that pays off in the long run, but it is very rewarding.
Working with a strong diverse student population.
Instructor/Principal (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 27, 2012
Pros: diversity of students
Abillity to assist diverse population of students in core academics and learned skills. Lead classroom lecture in multiple languages (english and spanish) while focusing on the success of the student.
Terrible Job
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVMarch 3, 2012
In open house and orientation Crittenton sounded amazing, but after a few weeks it is terrible. You work 10+ hour long shifts with 1 15 minute break. You are required to work 10 hours a week of mandatory overtime and are often scheduled for days you are unavailable