CRM Rental Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

CRM Albany region
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYOctober 25, 2017
Worked for the company for a short time. CRM is a company that is making changes towards the right direction. They are however 10-15 years behind most good management companies.

Staff is not trained to look at their jobs with the understanding you earn your paycheck. Most are allowed to collect a free paycheck.

Property manager in Albany region was very untruthful to employees. Also turned blind eye to many deficiencies. The property manager couldn't recognize a good employee from bad.

CRM could be a great company but they need to clean house on employees who have become "Comfortable." I did work with an employee who was at one property for 16 years and she was fantastic at her job.

I would not recommend working for CRM. There are companies that truly know what they are doing. I now work for that company. It is like a fresh breath of air.
Pros
You don't have to earn your paycheck. You can sit on your butt all day.
Cons
The good employees are look down on.
A great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day is a busy and challenging one, but there is always learning something new every day - which is one of the best things about CRM. In addition to the great benefits, CRM offers great opportunities and there is plenty of room for growth and personal development. The people, the atmosphere, the camaraderie, the teamwork is something that CRM is known for. I respect my supervisors and they respect and motivate me. Great place to work!
Pros
Many incentives, Great benefits, Team and Family Oriented
Great environment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  StatewideAugust 18, 2017
It is a very fast paced and dynamic business through interaction with multitudes of personalities from contractors to tenants. The CRM culture is such that if your are open minded and willing to learn there is a lot of room to grow without feeling undue stress from management. There is always someone there to help.
Pros
Good culture/positive growth mindset/not stuck in their ways
Cons
Dealing with the changing rules and quidelines of federally and state funded housing.
extreamly busy
Office Manager Kennedy Plaza Apartments (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 7, 2014
Very busy office ,sometimes hard to get your work done due to constant interuptions
Pros
co worker
Cons
constant interuptions
Challenging
Office Manager/ Certified Occupancy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 15, 2014
• Day to day on site operations and management of the tenants, maintenance, and HUD regulated resident certifications.
• Assist the area/regional Property Manager with special reports and administrative duties.
• Handles the collection of rents and Monthly HUD voucher submissions, and software compliance.
• Assists attorney and Property Manager with any rental collection/legal proceedings.
• Maintain all office and tenant files.
• Tenant relations and overall on-sight management
• Process tenant move-in and move-out reports and documentation.
• Prepare and process new lease and yearly lease renewals.
• Prepare and maintain monthly reports along with Month Closing.
• LIHTC experience in compliance with rules and regulations. Conduct all business in accordance with company Policies and Procedures, HUD Regulations, Fair Housing Laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing.
Pros
Self awarding
Benefits
Overall a good company
Property Manager/ Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYMarch 10, 2014
A typical day for me was managing maintenance/ office staff and addressing resident concerns. I learned a great deal while employed with CRM. Some of which are communication, critical thinking, and people/ asset management skills.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see the fruits of my labor and making residents happy. The hardest part of the job was dealing with government agencies
Pros
good benifits and a family centric atmosphere
Cons
non uniform hours
Terrible place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYSeptember 3, 2013
horrible management
condescending
demeaning
hold you down if your smarter than your boss
no flexibility
horrible hours
micro managing
pay is horrible
benefits are horrible for a priv company
unethical
no work life balance
Good company but slow wage advancements
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 18, 2013
They will work with you if you need time off by changing days for that week or other arrangements. Sometimes sudden deadlines and work completion time is implemented. Overall job security is good as long as you get your job done everything will be good. You get half hour lunches, and two 15 minute breaks. Sometimes requires work at other properties, transportation or gas reimbursement is not provided.
Pros
work shift, benefits, provided uniforms, free housing if residential manager
Cons
very slow on wage increase, sometimes bad working environments some sites
A great place to work.
Office Management/Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 28, 2013
A normal day at the office was filled with a lot of phone calls and paperwork. I did IR's which is a rent change due to a change in income, and AR's which are new yearly leases. I have learned how to work on different websites and follow their programs. One of the hardest parts of the job was when I had to evict tenants or tell applicants they did not qualify to live at the complex. I enjoyed everyone I worked with and how hard we all worked together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to move a family into their new apartment.
Pros
1 hour lunches, family oriented and had some wonderful people to work with.
Cons
not being employed there anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRM Rental Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CRM Rental Management, Inc. Reviews by Location