Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America Employee Reviews

an organization aimed at curing Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
Volunteer - Team Challenge (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
The people here are extremely passionate about finding a cure for these diseases. The energy is infectious and a joy to be around. All staff members are helpful, warm and kind.
Crohns and Colitis Foundation offers opportunity to help others.
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
Crohns and Colitis Foundation offers opportunity to help others.
The office is small and not much opportunity for advancement as far as positions available. Good Work life balance and job culture.
Great people and environment
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 12, 2017
Ever since I attended this camp years ago as a child, I have constantly looked eye to eye with the staff and have never experienced a hard time. Now, an adult, I stick with this belief that the staff at the CCFA is one of the greatest and most caring in Atlanta.
productive and pleasant
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2017
I only interned there for a short time but it was a cheerful environment. They hosted many events such as a walk to bring together all the people who suffered from chrons disease
Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
Assistant to Walk Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 3, 2017
The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America is a great non-profit organization. We try to find a cure for Crohn's and Colitis. I assisted the Walk Manager in planning events such as the annual walks that take place throughout the year. There are "take steps" teams all over the world as well as multiple teams on Long Island that work together and train for half marathons and full marathons across the country. A few places the teams have traveled to have been Vegas and Naples.
Excellent research
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 1, 2017
CCFA is advanced and dedicated to improving the lives of those with Crohn's and Colitis. This is a very rewarding organization to volunteer for. I enjoyed the social and educational aspects that CCFA had to offer.
Very rewarding job
Team Challenge Endurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 16, 2014
My position as the Long Island Endurance Manager was very rewarding. There is no such thing as a "typical day" at CCFA! Everyday is different and you will never get bored! My responsibilities included but were not limited to - selling the program, recruiting participants (to raise critical dollars as well as train for a half marathon), helping them reach a fundraising goal and then the best part, seeing them cross the finish line! The position is very demanding and requires you to be able to have a flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexibility and option to work from home.
Cons
Travel required
Amazing Organization
Board Member, Founder/President of NGL-OC (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 24, 2013
I loving working with and for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.
Dramatic and constant turnover due to gross mismanagement
Senior Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2012
CCFA does not value its employees. Executive leadership is cliquey and disinterested in the day to day operation of the Foundation. From a technology perspective, Executive leadership allows preferred employees to make technology decisions over the research and expertise of the technical staff, resulting in tragic and easily preventable mistakes.

Anyone of any value in this organization leaves quickly. Those who stay do so because they have no where else to go.
Pros
non-profit work is good for the soul
Cons
this organization is a soul-sucking nightmare