Crop Production Services Employee Reviews

Truck driver
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tipton, INOctober 31, 2016
First off they have a bad dot rating, so they ride the drivers like there all rookies! Crazy safety rules that make no sense. The D.C. I worked out of had a very bad manager and would lie to you constantly!! I ended up having to deal with some mental health issues and that's when the manager made stuff up and fired me! What shocked me was corporate had his back the whole time even through the lies!! Sad I wasted 4 years there thinking it was gonna be something and all the time management was just blowing smoke up my buttI learned that it doesn't matter how good of a job you do it's the ones who know people that get ahead in this business!!
Pros
Home daily
Cons
Low pay and bad manager
Great place to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyoming,October 7, 2016
Great place to work in general. They provide good compensation and have tremendous benefits. They hire good people who are devoted to their work and their customers. I would be happily working there if I wasnt laid off.
Pros
Company vehicle to drive
Cons
Long hours during busy season
Good workplace except management takes advantage of you
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Dimmitt, TXOctober 20, 2016
Management take advantage of best employees. Cps is the Walmart of ag retail.
Good benefit company vehicle and company provides food sometime. Work alot
Pros
Some time off, company vehicle
Cons
Long hours, terrible management
Great place
SOE intern (Former Employee) –  Neoga, ILJanuary 23, 2017
I loved working for CPS, its hard to score a job with them, easier to just go in to a location near you, take part time job, they last a while and there a chance you'll get full-time.
Fun and challenging
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 14, 2016
This is one company that knows how to treat their employees well. You also have the opportunity to train within your department and move up in the company.
Terrible place to work
Operational Accountant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 30, 2016
People at the corporate site in Loveland were terrible to work with and didn't allow you have a work life balance. They weren't very people orientated and looked for ways to get rid of you. They don't promote promotions and even if you got a better position with more responsibilities and possible longer hours, they don't compensate for the promotion. They try pigeon hole you into one position. Many people moved on from I was working there including myself. They start you off at a terrible salary despite your prior accomplishments and/or degrees.
Cps
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, KYOctober 7, 2016
The job was great. Enjoyed meeting the farmers and farm hands.
The manager and one male employee were the issues with various harassment.
love the outdoors
General Utility Staff (Current Employee) –  Fancy Farm, KYAugust 26, 2016
I love the outdoors and farming so this is a great fit. Days are long but off when it rains. uses a lot of my skills working here plus learn a lot of new ones
does not take care of their employees
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 10, 2016
I'm working on my 5th year her and I've had only one pay raise of .39 cent. Taken on extra duties and responsibilities. Took classes to advance in my work area, all my reviews were satisfactory and still no pay increase. Spoke with other admin coordinators and they have been here less time than me and their manager has given them yearly or by yearly raises. .39 cent for 4 years of work is pathetic and wrong to an employee.
Pros
paid vacation and sick leave
Cons
poor pay and puts extra work load on you.
Great company with great benefits.
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALJune 14, 2016
Great company to work for but poor management. Its also very difficult to recieve raises in pay ,and it slows down in the winter months.
Pretty laid back. Didnt offer much recreation during off season
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Salem, INJanuary 22, 2016
They had good equipment and updated frequentlly, Usually every 5 years. During the busy season the hours could get long.The technology has expanded in the Ag Business. Overall the co-workers have been good, But you will have the occasional bad apple in the bunch. hardest part is keeping up with the new technology. I enjoyed being in the field.
Pros
We did get free lunches occasionally and a ham or turkey for Christmas
Cons
local competitors were hurting us on prices.
Great Company
Internship (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, INNovember 10, 2015
Crop Production was a great place to work with great management. It was about growing personally and bettering yourself. The Northern Indiana division was a great crew to work with. The best part about working at Crop Production is having great friends that you also work with. Everyday was different from what I do daily.
Great job
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Never thought farming could be so great, I learned all types of chemicals and fertilizers, hazardous and non hazardous,driving on dirts roads to other cities on roads that is not on the gps or road maps.
Pros
GREAT EPPERIENCE
Cons
WAS LAID OFF
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNSeptember 9, 2015
I have been working at many jobs within this facility. Most of the time I would start between 5 and 7 in the morning and work until the management told me to go home. I am a seasonal worker that works April 15 thru August 1. Some years I have worked up to October 15. The management that I work with is excellent.
Pros
Lunch provided on safety meeting day
Cons
When the weather is too wet for farmers in the fields we do not work
fun place to work besides for amount of hours worked
Applicator (Current Employee) –  Marissa, ILJuly 9, 2015
I run sprayers in spring/summer time to kill weeds and insects in farmers fields so they can have great yields on crops. When not spraying I keep my sprayer maintained and serviced so its ready to be used when the time is needed. The biggest thing that bothers me working here is the amount of hours I work which would be 14 to 18 hours a day 7 days a week for up to a month or longer.
Pros
people i work with
Cons
Pay, Hours worked
productive skills
Truck Driver and Heavy euipment operator (Former Employee) –  Millen GaAugust 17, 2015
A typical day of work was transferring chemicals and fertilizer. I learned how to multitask and public speaking. The management was ok and the hardest part of the job was the weather. The most enjoyable part of the job is the seasonal functions.
Pros
Hourly lunch breaks and paid vacations
Cons
working in the bad weather
seed manager of location
Seed manager (Current Employee) –  Winthrop, MNFebruary 2, 2016
great place to work. Very much treated like family. Benefits are second to none with job security. Friendly coworkers and boss.
Fun, Enjoyable Co-Workers, Ability to Grow
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 23, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management at the local level. Continuation in growth and development of oneself.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learing from them.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
No annual increase.
Good work environment, very seasonal
Crop Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Sheldon, ILSeptember 9, 2015
A great place to work with a lot of people that are easy to get a long with. It is very seasonal and has a decent amount of travel time and activities such as ball games and hotel stays.
Pros
Fair amount of time to relax
Cons
In spring and fall, seven days a week 6 am-9 pm
Don't work here unless you know a farmer
slave (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, AROctober 20, 2014
You will only get far in this company if you know a customer. The guy who cuts our grass got some BS job title and a company truck all because he knows a customer and ALL he does is mow. He never even has to step foot on the lot. And the secretary is married to the salesman now, so she gets paid 25 hrs a week and has maybe been here a total of 3 hrs in 3 months. Terrible ethics by this company.
Pros
NONE
Cons
90+ hour work weeks, no credit for the work you do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crop Production Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Crop Production Services Reviews by Location