CroppMetcalfe Employee Reviews

great company to learn but doesnt pay
Install Helper (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 17, 2017
this company is great because they want their employees to give you a chance to learn a trade to better help them, but on the down side they dont pay much.
I would recommend this job to any one.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 10, 2017
There is nothing bad about CroppMetcalfe. But I would Highly recommend this company to anyone. They are fair with everything. The have very good benefits and 401k.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
They give lots of time for you, becausr you help them.
Family
Field Support (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VASeptember 18, 2017
It is reassuring to work for a company who takes pride in their commitment to their employees as much as their customers. Having been a part of the CroppMetcalfe family for over 16 years I have been provided numerous opportunities to grow both personally as well as professionally while having a stable foundation to provide for my family. At the end of the day there is something to be said for a company of this size whose ownership knows the name of ALL of their employees!
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Job Stability, Opportunities for Advancement, Family Atmosphere
Stand out company in our industry.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VASeptember 13, 2017
Finding an employer in our industry that conducts themselves like CroppMetcalfe is a rare thing. They actually value their co-workers. There is a culture of honesty, integrity and openness that is refreshing. Our line of work can be hard, stressful and demanding at times. It can strain both our professional and personal lives. CroppMetcalfe understands this and treats each co-worker with care. They value family and constantly make sure that our personal and professional lives are balanced accordingly.
Pros
Excellent benefits, consistent industry training, great community ties.
Great Culture
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 13, 2017
Great Culture! Great Co-workers! The company does a lot for employee appreciation as i am always looking forward to an event here.I have met some great people and learnt new things.
However, Paid Time Off and some policies need to be reviewed.
Pay rate is lower than average for the area. Overall, Good place !!
Pros
Company Activities
Cons
Paid time off is not enough and no sick leave
Outstanding career opportunities
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 13, 2017
Joined the Cropp Metcalfe family to finally achieve a goal I have had for years now. Within the first month of being employed with the company, I was enrolled into Cropp Metcalfe academy, and on my way to finishing my goal. I asked and management/company made it happen. I have been struggling for years to do this while using my Veterans benefits and I finally found a home that takes care of their own. Outstanding place to work... if you are not afraid of work... plenty of hours, plenty of opportunities to learn, and if you enjoy puzzles, come join the Cropp Metcalfe plumbing family.
Pros
Career advancement
I love my job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 8, 2017
CM is seriously an amazing place to work! I love everything about it. Of course the pay could be better but that doesn't go unnoticed in management. I honestly feel that my coworkers are my friends at work and outside of work.
Pros
Great family environment!
Cons
Not eating in the call center
no review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 25, 2017
I didn't stay long the second time coming back because of the dept and manager I had to deal with. The first go around was great. The drive was too far for me
Pros
pay
Cons
manager
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMarch 22, 2017
• Service and maintain air handlers, gas furnaces, roof top package units, space pak, condenser units, humidifiers, chillers, boilers, condensate pumps, electronic air cleaners and heat pumps.
• Handled all paperwork that needed to be signed by customer/submitted on behalf of the company onsite
• Troubleshoot and repair HVAC repairs, such as refrigerant leaks, motors, electrical issues, compressors, temperature controls.
• Performs heating and cooling preventive maintenance.
• Assist company in the drive of sales on new HVAC units, accessories and services contracts.
Co-Workers Feel More Like Family
Service Agreements Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 16, 2017
CroppMetcalfe creates a culture of service where co-workers feel more like family that works together than strangers who perform a job next to each other. There is no employer-employee stigma. We are all co-workers working as a team to reach a goal. The work/life balance is awesome. When my kids are sick or I have a Parent/Teacher conference to attend, I am free to take care of these things without fear of reprimand. As far as my typical day/week of work is concerned, I feel very empowered because I am given a task and a deadline and any necessary training and am left to perform that task by that deadline. I am not micro-managed or constantly checked behind. CroppMetcalfe provides enough training and opportunities for extra learning that I never feel inadequate to do my job. And if I ever do have questions, my supervisor and other managers are always available and happy to answer them. CroppMetcalfe really cares about all of their co-workers and it shows every day. I can honestly say I like going to work everyday. CroppMetcalfe is a 5-Star employer!
Pros
Co-Worker Appreciation Events held throughout the year!
Cons
Benefits are not available for the first 90 days.
Friendly workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 16, 2017
There is no typical day, business volume ebbs and flows w/the weather, you have to be ready for anything, from nonstop phones to boredom; but usually falls between. This company tries hard to make this a job you want, offering lots of fun activities throughout the year. Management puts a lot of emphasis on supporting the coworkers as well as the customer, and encourages feedback. Summer can be a bit stressful, as at all HVAC companies, but the coworkers are friendly and try to keep things as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
Lots of fun activities
Cons
Dealing w/stressed out customers
Fun atmosphere
Fairfax Va- Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 3, 2015
A typical day consist of distributing inventory to all the techs who have assigned jobs for the day. Then making delivery runs to pick up parts and deliver to techs on the jobs who need them.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Expensive benefit package
productive place and good pepole good management
maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  fairfax vaSeptember 27, 2015
MANGEMENT they are friendly and help full learned will from co-workers and doing maintenance and finid problems the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
n/e
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 15, 2015
Croppmetcalfe is a workplace were you feel like family. Never know what your work day would be like,

Company really give back to their employees for their hard work and dedication.
Good Company
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VirginiaJune 16, 2015
Great place to work. Great Co-workers.
Friendly people. No room for advancement.
Lacks on communication.
Many changes made without notice to the staff
Cons
Health care, advancement
unappreciated employees
call center emplyee (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 27, 2015
This company could care less about you and what you do. As long as your making the management and hire money they don't care what you get. They do have good benefits but other than that you are looking over your shoulder daily wondering if your going to get fired. Family owned but corporate run. Your work hard and get no recognition for it. Especially the call center, by far, hands down the worst call center I have ever worked in!
probably the most poorly managed service company
employee (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 15, 2015
If you want to be spoon fed a load of nonsense buy into the croppmetcalfe culture. The managers don't get along with one another. They undermine each other. They also focus on the most petty things. The philosophy states you will be trained. That is totally not true. The training is non existent. You will be left scratching your. without reviewing the OSHA regulations I could site 3 Major violations they violate daily. Be afraid don't get injured. All accidents are your fault. Remember your fault even know they haven't trained you.
Pros
they pay you
Cons
everything and all . they con you into believing you are valued
Long time job
Administrative Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDOctober 23, 2014
Good money nice people no room for advancement.Co eventually moved to far for me to commute.
Don't waste your time!!!!!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAOctober 7, 2014
Rude, unprofessional, low paying, long hours family business where the son's picture is on the trucks! Really? Seriously?

Want to feel really unappreciated,,,,,,,,,,go to work there! You will soon discover why they are always looking!!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
nice place to work
Plumber Helper (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 13, 2013
learned how to install different types of water heaters and how to fix cast iron and pvc pipe in the ground
Pros
enrolled in plumbing school
Cons
long hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CroppMetcalfe. Our community is ready to answer.