Cross Country Home Services Employee Reviews

Horrible Employer Highly recommend you find something else.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 16, 2016
This place is awful. They do not care about you. They lie to you all the time. Very unorganized, major micromanagement issues. No room for advancement. Pay sucks. They have a very high turnover here. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Its a job. But not a good one
Cons
Some of the people there
A Fun Place to work
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 4, 2016
Cross Country has a welcoming work environment and the genuinely try to create a family atmosphere. Typical day in the customer service department consist of weekly performance review for customer contact and resolution. Personal performance and feedback from their quality assurance team.
Cons
out dated work environment and computers, non competitive salary
awful Management
Enhancement Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 12, 2016
People was nice to work with but Management was awful. They expected ridiculous numbers in SNAD. The Manager would come to work when she wanted to and call a meeting to stress deadlines for everything. There was never a compliment for great work, just do it and do it fast. Not a friendly manager at all and I was told if they don't like you, they will show you the door. They overlook people with skills and push their home people to the top. The workplace is very diverse but there is a huge number of Caribbean people there. SNAD was one department but there were other departments I'm sure was much better.
Pros
Great office location
Cons
Awful management skills, little clicks, pay
I left in tears most days
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 13, 2016
This is an awful job the people are nice but the job is horrible . You get yelled at and cursed out all day you have to just keep saying your sorry your not allowed to disconnect the call. After a year I got a 10 cent raise because my call time was to high. The quality assurance people nit pick the smallest things.
Pros
Free lunches gifts fun days
Cons
Everything about the actual job . The pay
no advancement
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 5, 2016
The benefits at this job were nice but the pay was not worth the backlash from all the customers. Advancement in a department where there aren't many reps available is also slim to none.
Good Company
Regional Coordinator (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Managing providers was stressful but good company. You have the ability to grow with the company. Your priorities are your customers and must be a team player, decision maker and always make sure the contractors treat the customers right.
Pros
Ability to Excel
Cons
Managing Contractors and rating them was a task but it was a good company
awesome company to work for
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 17, 2016
awesome company to work for, gained many lesson from this employer, developed better communication skills as well as customer service skills that I can use not only in the work place but elsewhere
Pros
awesome company to work for
Cons
awesome company to work for
Company values culture/diversity
Claims Authorizer (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 12, 2013
Company values culture/diversity. Training is intense, forget about taking a vacation in the summertime, they expect a lot out of you but not paying what the job is worth, hours change every week, have set breaks and lunches, they take minutes away from you even if you work an 8 hour shift, not a balance for family/work life balance. Management needs improvement. This job is not for a college graduate!! You get paid the same low wages as everyone else.
Pros
Benefits is ok, friendly employees, company culture is good, overtime is available if you feel like doing it, employees been with the company over 20 years
Cons
Very low wages, Stress, on the phone to much, no advancement opportunities/depends on who you know, high turnover rate
Very understaffed and no morale
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 10, 2015
At the end, they were severely understaffed and the morale of the associates was the worst that I have ever seen at a company. The concept of home warranty is great, but they do not have the proper people in place to help the company grow to what it could.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits, most associates were very cordial and fun to be around when upper management was not around.
Cons
Upper Management
CCHS Expects Everything But Expect Nothing In Return
Authorizer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 14, 2015
Some of the people can be respectful and responsible. The schedule you are hired in at and pay stay the same. There is no potential for advancement. No pros just cons like the con-artists working there.

I have worked at several call centers and processing center in my career. Where to start, there are so many drawbacks to this company. The Core Values of this company are not followed. First Core Value is "Listen" and they don't, It's a snowball effect from there. They don't listen to anybody but themselves the number one priority should be the customer then the employees. They throw caution to the wind. Management spends more time trying to incorrectly coach people and point the finger. They don't know how to correct issues. Promotions are not based on experience or performance they are based not what you know but who's butt is kissed and whom you know. Bonus programs are a joke. Benefits are the worst I have ever seen for a large company. Smaller mom and pop businesses are more competent and competitive in every aspect of this industry. They are also outsourcing to contract companies. Rules are not followed and every decision here is based on nepotism for the customer and employee. The writing is on the wall with all the negligent and incompetent decisions being made and thousands of dollars are being lost each and every week. Absolutely no communication from anyone as well, they expect you to be clairvoyant and scold people for not knowing. But don't give any direction on how to correct the situation. If you are looking for a career or a job this is not the place. This
  more... place is a joke and really confirms the negative atmosphere of the call center industry.

Get rid of the incompetent decision makers from management on down. Do promotions based on experience, performance and competence. Improve the way you all communicate. And last but not least follow you Core Values everything else will go hand in hand. They do not follow a one of the core values.

CCHS Core Values:

Listen:
Seek to understand first
Continuously learn about our customers and each other
Take ownership in enhancing the customer experience
Engage customers in a positive proactive way
Personalize all interactions
Build lasting relationships

Value Others:
Act with honesty and integrity
Communicate openly, directly, and respectfully
Do the right thing for our clients, colleagues, and communities
Earn and cherish trust

Promote Improvement:
Help each other grow individually and collectively
Empower others and foster their strengths
Embrace new ideas and solutions
Innovate and build our expertise
Jointly define and measure success
Drive and support change

Reject Status Quo:
Challenge ourselves everyday
Deliver on our promises
Expect and deliver our best
Display tenacity, resilience, and adaptability
Begin with our vision in mind
Embrace Passion
Know what we do makes a difference
Demonstrate pride, urgency and energy
Driven to be our best
We just don't play…we play to win

Act Like Owners:
Take responsibility for our choices, actions, and consequences
Focus efforts based on long-term, insightful view of industry, clients, and opportunities
Facts are friendly: You have the right to your own opinion but not to your own facts.
Take demonstrating and understanding our organization mission, vision, and values personally
Work with anyone who can live our values

Celebrate Success!:
We look for what people do right
Find the good in all we do
Demonstrate appreciation for effective performance and significant achievements
Pros
Some Employee Relationships
Cons
Everything, Benefits Lack Luster and Bonus Programs Sub Standard

Want to know more about Cross Country Home Services?

Ask a question
Excessive employee turnover!
Retention Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 1, 2015
Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a call center with a long history.The most enjoyable part of my job in sales is coaching and mentoring new hires. The need for different hours and a lack of time off has become a concern for me and my co workers.
Pros
The benefits are alright.
Cons
Low pay and low morale, and high employee turnover.
Went Down Hill
Authorizer (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 10, 2014
When I started the place was great. But there was an upper management change a little over 2 yrs ago and the place has not been the same since. After that straight down hill. Christmas parties cut out, bonus's cut back, our base schedules were changed with out notice. There is no chance for advancement, and if you do make it for a long time your job can be eliminated at any time (two tenured employees had their jobs eliminated at Christmas time). There is no management help for employees.Benefits are the only good thing about the place. Basically only way i would think about taking a job at CCHS is if I was unemployed and about to lose my house.
Benefits
Cons
No security, low employee moral, no chance for advancement
Good Hours
RETENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Anderson South CarolinaJune 10, 2015
Answer 60-100 calls a day attempting to retain upset and disgruntled customers. Most times it was about explaining the product and why it may not have helped them .
I learned that being organized is a must and being a quick thinker is imperative.
Co-workers were awesome. Fun to work with most of the time
Management was a different story. The right hand never seemed to know what the left hand was doing. The best part of the company was the people that were on the phones with the customers. We cared
Pros
good benefits and decent hours
Cons
an ever changing command from the upper management. It was like trying to nail jello to a tree.
Great company
Enhancement Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Great company to work for excellent benefits and flexible schedules.This company promotes growth from within. If you are looking for job security and have a desire to climb the ladder this company is for you.
Worst job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 12, 2016
Training for 4 weeks,and then exams on things you didn't go over ,and even after that you are still not guaranteed a job. It's all in who you know to get advantage of other jobs.
Pros
Cons
Getting cussed at
Excellent place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 5, 2015
Give you all the tools needed to succeed, multiple oppertunites for career advancement within company, clean environment, friendly peers, and management tries extremely hard to make it a relaxed fun environment because they know how value their employees are.
Pros
free lunches, events, discounts, contests
Cons
high stress environment but it's worth it
Flexible and Understanding Workplace/ Odd hours
HMS Renewal and Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 8, 2015
This company is a solid place to work if you simply want to go to get a check and come home. The Management will do there absolute best to provide suitable work hours for employees, However, there is a lot of constant training and changes that employees are required to keep up with for less compensation than its worth.
not recommended
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anderson SCApril 16, 2015
Stressful.........micro-managed.......no chance for advancement even for tenured employee's.....the best part of the job was making friends with co-workers
Pros
good benefits
Cons
micro managed
Lessons in the value of customers
Customer Service Representative/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 28, 2013
I enjoyed working at Cross Country Home Services. I learned many developmental skills and the importance of providing excellent customer service. The hardest part of my job was speaking with irate customers but the most enjoyable was being able to handle them calmly and create an satisfactory experience. I also enjoyed speaking with loyal customers and creating a close relationship with them.
Pros
bonuses and pay raises
Cons
health care was not affordable enough to add children
Cchs
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 1, 2015
This company has shown me how to provide excellent services to those in need. The business is growing and showing much improvement since taking on additional contracts with other companies.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cross Country Home Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4