Cross Country TravCorps

Cross Country TravCorps Employee Reviews in United States

Work Harder with no raises; While VPres raises your budget 20%
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Malden MassJune 19, 2015
Ambitious at the expense of your career. You are sales staff in branch's which disqualifies you for raises but bonuses are available. The company is in acquisition mode but has no common codes or policies which allows upper management to run all over you with threats creating a very hostile work environment. Expansion to fast will do that. I have several dates in Microsoft Calendar appointments from "Sr. Leadership" and no one shows up. Corporate resources are weak... payroll and billing are always late which means I get calls 24/7 from upset clients and field associates because we are not paying or billing... Unfortunate at best. Stockholders beware.
Benefits
Cons
Senior Leadership, no accountability for payroll and billing, Selective on sales reps for certain divisions
Great traveling experience and meeting new people
RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2016
The best part of the company is the ability to travel to new places, meet new people, and learn new nursing skills. The hardest part is leaving the people that you have become friends with. What I have learned as a traveler is adapting to new ways and ideas. It's interesting to see how nursing is similar and different at the same time. A typical day at work is pretty stressful in the ED. It's awesome when you work with a great team and a team nursing approach is utilized. The recruiters that I currently work with are very good at staying in contact with me. They are available to correct any problems that may occur as well as check on me just to make sure I'm having a great day. That's extremely important to me.
Pros
Traveling, meeting new people
Cons
leaving behind friends that were made along the way
Travel RN
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 27, 2016
The collaboration of the Cross country staff to make your travel experience as comfortable as possible is the real connection that stands out to me, as a seasoned RN and as a travel nurse. I appreciate their diligence to connect and contact with you about any issues, and I find that to be amazing. The one thing that has been the most difficult and unfortunately learned during one assignment was that there are bylaws used by some hospitals to control the schedules outside of reasonable. As an example, cancelling the traveler and offering them any another day (which is by the way every weekend and all the holidays that they can squeeze in and at the last minute....so much for any $100.00 concert tickets.) and if the traveler refuses that day, the pay is not a guaranteed at all. Cross country staff has been open as much as they can be and that is well noted. It would be to the travelers advantage to ask as many questions as possible during the hospital interview, especially concerning scheduling.
Great Company to work for!!!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 27, 2016
This company gave me the opportunity to work in a skill nursing facility and work in hospitals though out Florida and Massachusetts as a PTA. The best part of it, I got to travel with my wife who is PT. I learned so much interacting with different therapist and being in different settings.
Pros
The 3-5 months assignments, The Pay, The Travel, The people you meet
Cons
The unknown, not knowing you are a fit for an assignment until you're in it.
Very woman friendly work environment
Travel Nurse Recruiter/Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2016
Management encourage career development, lots of opportunity for growth within the company. Training is excellent and has a team environment. Goal-setting with team leaders weekly to help you succeed.
Pros
Business Casual work place
Cons
Long hours at times if you are driven to succeed
Associate Recruiter/Compliance/Credentialing
ASSOCIATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2015
More like an administrative position. Supporting recruiter. Aiding traveler in obtaining required documents for travel/temp/prn positions. Maintaining close contact with travelers to ensure that all documents requirements are up to date and no documents expire, especially while the traveler is on assignment. Uploading documents into the system and working closely with facilities to ensure all of their requirements for the traveler is met before the deadline (provided by the facility). Processing reimbursement request (depending on stipulation noted on assignment contract). Additional requirements may be required. A lot of the work completed by associate is ever changing and the associate must have the ability to adjust to changing demands.
Pros
Work with some great people, pay is good, discount masseuse (she is awesome)
Cons
poor management, unreliable communication between leaders and staff
Difficult to work, a lot of pressure
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 25, 2016
This company was a good place to work for many years but recently management changed and many people opted out.
There are a lot of new people so I cannot give an objective assessment.
Typical Recruiting Agency
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 16, 2015
It's a fair company to work for. Compensation is low. Employees are nice, but it doesn't set the world on fire. A lot of people seem to be "stuck" there.
Cons
Old building, outdated software
A very productive work place, there was a little bit a wiggle room to move up.
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAJuly 3, 2015
This was a great company to work for, there was plenty of work to keep me busy every day. This was my first corporate job so there was so much for me to learn but I caught on quick and was able to excel. When I first started I was a Credit and Collections Specialist, after two years I was promoted to Cash and Reconciliation Specialist and then promoted to my final position as a Cash Administrator. My co-workers were pleasant and we all worked as a team. Management were great and interacted with everyone everyday. I worked a great distance from the company, on snow days I was able to work from home instead of commuting to work. This was a great part of the job as I could work longer hours with out worrying about my commute.
Pros
Pleasant people, Plenty of work, and being able to work remotely
Cons
By the time I was promoted to my final position there was no more opportunities to move up.
Productive and Competitive Envrionment
Consultant Associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Cross Country is a fast paced staffing agency that focus on client satisfaction and job placements.We are a goal driven company working to aide in staffing healthcare professionals.
You learn quick in order to do one's job
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 19, 2015
Loved going to new hospitals and learning different ways to do something, new equipment, new protocols. Meeting new people.
Pros
Good money, meet new friends, saw new places
Cons
Restrictions on contracts
Great place to work.
Receptionist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2013
I have enjoyed working at Cross Country Healthcare in the Boca Raton corporate office. I adore my coworkers and the positive culture that the company has. This company really cares about its employees and what they do. I am leaving because I am relocating, and will miss working for such a wonderful company.
Pros
benefits, promoting from within, company culture
Horrible company that does not care about you at all
RT (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 24, 2014
I was recruited at the last minute to fill a position that another traveler backed out of. I moved, took $600.00 of extra classes over 6 days they promised they would pay for, and did days of paperwork, and tests, in just 2 weeks. I arrived on time for my first day of work.

The person at the hospital that was supposed to train me in their methods was on the phone all day and crying most of the day. She had one year experience. I have over 20. Still I never complained and looked to the other staff to get me up to speed. I did not do any patient care-except expertly assisted an intubation for 2 hours-where I got staff praise, and zero charting.

At the end of the day the manager who was an RN mind you and had no reason heading Rts tried to bully me into taking extra shifts and coming in on nights-that very night! When I reminded her I needed some time to learn the ropes before doing OT and that my contract was for days only she was visibly upset.

24 hours later they terminated the contract. Since I did nothing wrong they came up with "She is not really into it" I am not a new grad I can do the work blindfolded. How excited was I supposed to act?

Cross country had this evil woman call me and berate me that I must have done something wrong. Telling me I was fired and ordering me to put it on future applications. To this day they have not paid me for the 3 classes they promised to reimburse me for and actually sent me a bill.

This was one of the worst experience of my entire long and successful career. They do not care about you and while you MUST fulfill your side of the contract
  more... the hospital can back out for any reason. I am terrified this incident did indeed hurt my reputation and all because I trusted a Cross Country recruiter.  less
Cons
low pay, lies, no support
Regular Company
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 9, 2015
This company has been in service for years and is well known. Provides Medical staffing services for hospitals across the US. It is a very large company with several local offices located across the US.
traveling nurse
Registered Nurse- Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 15, 2014
13 week assignments; traveled different cities, different states; mainly night shifts; benefits awesome
Through Cross Country new skilled sets learned.
Territory Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2015
The greatest opportunity that the company as offered me has been that I have learned new skill sets in not only software applications but also with interpersonal business relationships.
Best company I have worked for.
New Client Recruiter/Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 8, 2012
Identified and sourced healthcare professionals through multiple search methods including but not limited to outbound phone calls, computer data base searches, referrals and networking.
Matched qualified candidates to appropriate contract opportunities according to both healthcare professional and facility needs/qualifications.
Managed compliance in accordance with Joint Commission and company standards.
Worked with existing field employees to keep documents current, active and compliant.
Pros
great work/life balance. they really care for the employees' well-being.
Cons
no cons.
Prompt assistance in travel assignment interviews. All other needs with housing, etc handled promptly.
Registered Nurse, Traveler (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Nurse traveler within hospital setting
Medical surgical float pool & telemetry step-down
Ability to adapt & be flexible in changing environments
Always helped get great assignments,
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Best 5 years of my work life! I loved traveling and meeting new people if only for a short while. I met my wife on an assignment! I specialized in cardiac surgery ICU but occasionally CCU and ICU as well. Worked days or nights as per contract. I was very flexible and was usually taking full patient assignments within 2 days whether open heart recovery or CCU. It seemed most facilities used different monitors,computer charting, pumps, slightly different medications and weaning techniques in ventilator management, The management almost always seemed happy to have me there though some were trying diligently to get full time staff. THe RN's were also relieved to have a new RN with experience to lighten their workload and give them time to address their needs whether time off of education days. Overall I quickly learned unit protocols and sometimes offered some new approaches or protocols to surgeons and nursing staff. My sub-specialty was the usage of a CRRT machine called Prisma which had just approved for use in the USA. I had used and trained on the Prisma while working with heart transplants and cardiothoracic surgery while in Canada..The most difficult part of travel nursing is having to pack and move every 13 -26 weeks to a new city and facility. Ironically, this is also the best part.
Pros
learning new methods and protocols, meeting wonderful new rn's
Cons
some staff resented a travel nurses being there and getting being paid well and all expenses covered
Traveling Nurses Beware --- Know what your are Getting Into
Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonSeptember 28, 2013
Lots of Hype and Talk about the Great Opportunities and Experience

The Realty is that you are not much more than a Scab Worker at the assigned Hospital. Some of the staff like you because you are helping them but the reality is that the hospital is paying +$50 to keep you and everyone else is getting $22 so the popularity is at a cost.

You can be terminated without Notice due to any reason --- lower than expected demand for services, they can get a full time permanent staff person for less, or you ask to be paid for the 4 day orientation period.

Once your are Terminated, you are Told by CC to Get out of Your Housing within 48 hours. If not, you will be billed some astronomical amount for a second rate apartment filled with roaches and fleas.

If you want such an assignment from such a company, be prepared to say yes sir, no mam; do anything, and be dumped at a moment's notice.
Pros
not much
Cons
non-reimbursement for all your espense, threats, slow/non-payment