Cross Country TravCorps Employee Review

View all Cross Country TravCorps reviews

Always helped get great assignments,
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Best 5 years of my work life! I loved traveling and meeting new people if only for a short while. I met my wife on an assignment! I specialized in cardiac surgery ICU but occasionally CCU and ICU as well. Worked days or nights as per contract. I was very flexible and was usually taking full patient assignments within 2 days whether open heart recovery or CCU. It seemed most facilities used different monitors,computer charting, pumps, slightly different medications and weaning techniques in ventilator management, The management almost always seemed happy to have me there though some were trying diligently to get full time staff. THe RN's were also relieved to have a new RN with experience to lighten their workload and give them time to address their needs whether time off of education days. Overall I quickly learned unit protocols and sometimes offered some new approaches or protocols to surgeons and nursing staff. My sub-specialty was the usage of a CRRT machine called Prisma which had just approved for use in the USA. I had used and trained on the Prisma while working with heart transplants and cardiothoracic surgery while in Canada..The most difficult part of travel nursing is having to pack and move every 13 -26 weeks to a new city and facility. Ironically, this is also the best part.
Pros
Learning new methods and protocols, meeting wonderful new RN's
Cons
Some staff resented a travel nurses being there and getting being paid well and all expenses covered

Other Cross Country TravCorps Employee Reviews

best travel company to work for
Traveling Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 30, 2017
ability to travel the USA, and be paid for it. Provided wonderful clean housing and furniture. Always paid on time, Once while in Austin Tx, the apartment above me pipes froze and flooded my apartment. They immediately moved me to a pet friendly hotel.
Not a great company
Compliance and Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 29, 2017
Initially starting this position, I was straight out of college and thought it was ideal but later noticing the lack of positions to actually advance to, I became frustrated. Pay is terrible and you feel under appreciated for the amount of work you were actually doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cross Country TravCorps. Our community is ready to answer.

Cross Country TravCorps Reviews by Location