Cross Country TravCorps

Cross Country TravCorps Employee Reviews

Pay workplace
Compliance and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Customer appreciation doesn't exist. Management gossip and turn work environment into war zone. The hardest part of my position is no support. We work hard and never have the time of day to sit back
Pros
bagels on Monday
Cons
work load and pay
Flexible scheduling with many opportunities throughout the US
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Staff support in pre-op, procedure rooms and post-op daily. Flexibility is key and a good work ethic. Management depends on the location and occasionally the will renew your contract. Usually staff receives you well but you may get the worst assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how other departments work in various settings and meeting new people in new cities.
Pros
You get to see different parts of the country.
Cons
Changing locations frequently
The worst agency i have ever worked with
RN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 3, 2016
The worst mistake I have ever made in my nursing career is getting involved with cross country travcorps. They are unorganized and do not keep their end of the bargain. I was cancelled three times by them, and when I finally have up on the contract, they did not compensate me for everything I paid for out of pocket to get them the items that they needed. Please, don't waste your time with a company that does not care!!!!
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, dont keep their promises, do not return phone calls
Very woman friendly work environment
Travel Nurse Recruiter/Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2016
Management encourage career development, lots of opportunity for growth within the company. Training is excellent and has a team environment. Goal-setting with team leaders weekly to help you succeed.
Pros
Business Casual work place
Cons
Long hours at times if you are driven to succeed
great place to work
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2017
i enjoyed my time at cross country, staff was very nice and fun atmosphere to work taught me a lot. management was very kind and understanding, gave you a lot of work to keep you busy.
Pros
pay, schedule, enviorment
Dynamic Workplace
Staffing Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 24, 2016
The contract we were servicing was very demanding. There were always fires to put out. Senior Management was supportive during the very challenging times. It was an excellent place to learn and make stringer your skills.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Demands could change from one minute to the next
i enjoyed working with the people
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 20, 2016
The people i worked with were really nice people and we pulled together and worked as a team to help each other out when needed. we stayed short staff alot so we worked long hours through the holidays and pulled through.
Great pay and excellent recruiters
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Great pay!!!!! I enjoyed my recruiter and the relocation of smooth and they were always prompt and helpful. The hardest and most challenging was my recruiter did not seem to actively look for me another assignment in a timely manner.
Overall ok company. Not many opportunities for advancing your career
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I learned more about cultivating relationships with clients, contract negotiations and the medical staffing industry.
Pros
Large stable company
Cons
Only concerned with production
Great job for new grads
Travel Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 20, 2017
They provide training and guidance. There is a gym but its pretty old. The location is great, right off I 95. The majority of the staff are female, like 85%. Learnt that I'd rather stick with B2B.
Work Harder with no raises; While VPres raises your budget 20%
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Malden MassJune 19, 2015
Ambitious at the expense of your career. You are sales staff in branch's which disqualifies you for raises but bonuses are available. The company is in acquisition mode but has no common codes or policies which allows upper management to run all over you with threats creating a very hostile work environment. Expansion to fast will do that. I have several dates in Microsoft Calendar appointments from "Sr. Leadership" and no one shows up. Corporate resources are weak... payroll and billing are always late which means I get calls 24/7 from upset clients and field associates because we are not paying or billing... Unfortunate at best. Stockholders beware.
Benefits
Cons
Senior Leadership, no accountability for payroll and billing, Selective on sales reps for certain divisions
Opportunity for career advancement
Strategic Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 18, 2016
I started as a temporary receptionist.
Became an HR assistant a year later.
Joined the Talent Acquisition team as a Recruitment Coordinator a year later.
Now moved into HRIS.

Lots of opportunity to explore different paths and fields here at CCH and for that I am thankful.
Loved this Company!
Traveling Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  All over the CountryOctober 3, 2016
I loved this company and job so much that I did it for 13 years. This company was always supportive and made sure I was well taken care of.
Great CoWorkers
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2016
Great CoWorkers I enjoy working in the Healthcare Staffing Industry
A Very Large Company Corporate is in Boca
A lot of growth but for long term not very likely,
Difficult to work, a lot of pressure
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 25, 2016
This company was a good place to work for many years but recently management changed and many people opted out.
There are a lot of new people so I cannot give an objective assessment.
Great Company to work for!!!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 27, 2016
This company gave me the opportunity to work in a skill nursing facility and work in hospitals though out Florida and Massachusetts as a PTA. The best part of it, I got to travel with my wife who is PT. I learned so much interacting with different therapist and being in different settings.
Pros
The 3-5 months assignments, The Pay, The Travel, The people you meet
Cons
The unknown, not knowing you are a fit for an assignment until you're in it.
Would recommend
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 6, 2016
I have been completely satisfied with Cross Country, mostly due to my recruiter, Lorraine Katz. and compliance specialist Stephanie De La Rua. They are responsive, and are completely on top of any and every situation that has arisen.
Great traveling experience and meeting new people
RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2016
The best part of the company is the ability to travel to new places, meet new people, and learn new nursing skills. The hardest part is leaving the people that you have become friends with. What I have learned as a traveler is adapting to new ways and ideas. It's interesting to see how nursing is similar and different at the same time. A typical day at work is pretty stressful in the ED. It's awesome when you work with a great team and a team nursing approach is utilized. The recruiters that I currently work with are very good at staying in contact with me. They are available to correct any problems that may occur as well as check on me just to make sure I'm having a great day. That's extremely important to me.
Pros
Traveling, meeting new people
Cons
leaving behind friends that were made along the way
Great exp
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 24, 2016
recruit staff, manage staff, great companty to work for, Great team that i work with daily
the hardest part of my job-finding staff that meet our guildlines
Travel RN
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 27, 2016
The collaboration of the Cross country staff to make your travel experience as comfortable as possible is the real connection that stands out to me, as a seasoned RN and as a travel nurse. I appreciate their diligence to connect and contact with you about any issues, and I find that to be amazing. The one thing that has been the most difficult and unfortunately learned during one assignment was that there are bylaws used by some hospitals to control the schedules outside of reasonable. As an example, cancelling the traveler and offering them any another day (which is by the way every weekend and all the holidays that they can squeeze in and at the last minute....so much for any $100.00 concert tickets.) and if the traveler refuses that day, the pay is not a guaranteed at all. Cross country staff has been open as much as they can be and that is well noted. It would be to the travelers advantage to ask as many questions as possible during the hospital interview, especially concerning scheduling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cross Country TravCorps. Our community is ready to answer.

Cross Country TravCorps Reviews by Location