Cross Country TravCorps

Cross Country TravCorps Employee Reviews in United States

Work Harder with no raises; While VPres raises your budget 20%
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Malden MassJune 19, 2015
Ambitious at the expense of your career. You are sales staff in branch's which disqualifies you for raises but bonuses are available. The company is in acquisition mode but has no common codes or policies which allows upper management to run all over you with threats creating a very hostile work environment. Expansion to fast will do that. I have several dates in Microsoft Calendar appointments from "Sr. Leadership" and no one shows up. Corporate resources are weak... payroll and billing are always late which means I get calls 24/7 from upset clients and field associates because we are not paying or billing... Unfortunate at best. Stockholders beware.
Benefits
Cons
Senior Leadership, no accountability for payroll and billing, Selective on sales reps for certain divisions
Great traveling experience and meeting new people
RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2016
The best part of the company is the ability to travel to new places, meet new people, and learn new nursing skills. The hardest part is leaving the people that you have become friends with. What I have learned as a traveler is adapting to new ways and ideas. It's interesting to see how nursing is similar and different at the same time. A typical day at work is pretty stressful in the ED. It's awesome when you work with a great team and a team nursing approach is utilized. The recruiters that I currently work with are very good at staying in contact with me. They are available to correct any problems that may occur as well as check on me just to make sure I'm having a great day. That's extremely important to me.
Pros
Traveling, meeting new people
Cons
leaving behind friends that were made along the way
Great Company to work for!!!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 27, 2016
This company gave me the opportunity to work in a skill nursing facility and work in hospitals though out Florida and Massachusetts as a PTA. The best part of it, I got to travel with my wife who is PT. I learned so much interacting with different therapist and being in different settings.
Pros
The 3-5 months assignments, The Pay, The Travel, The people you meet
Cons
The unknown, not knowing you are a fit for an assignment until you're in it.
Opportunity for career advancement
Strategic Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 18, 2016
I started as a temporary receptionist.
Became an HR assistant a year later.
Joined the Talent Acquisition team as a Recruitment Coordinator a year later.
Now moved into HRIS.

Lots of opportunity to explore different paths and fields here at CCH and for that I am thankful.
Dynamic Workplace
Staffing Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 24, 2016
The contract we were servicing was very demanding. There were always fires to put out. Senior Management was supportive during the very challenging times. It was an excellent place to learn and make stringer your skills.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Demands could change from one minute to the next
Travel RN
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 27, 2016
The collaboration of the Cross country staff to make your travel experience as comfortable as possible is the real connection that stands out to me, as a seasoned RN and as a travel nurse. I appreciate their diligence to connect and contact with you about any issues, and I find that to be amazing. The one thing that has been the most difficult and unfortunately learned during one assignment was that there are bylaws used by some hospitals to control the schedules outside of reasonable. As an example, cancelling the traveler and offering them any another day (which is by the way every weekend and all the holidays that they can squeeze in and at the last minute....so much for any $100.00 concert tickets.) and if the traveler refuses that day, the pay is not a guaranteed at all. Cross country staff has been open as much as they can be and that is well noted. It would be to the travelers advantage to ask as many questions as possible during the hospital interview, especially concerning scheduling.
i enjoyed working with the people
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 20, 2016
The people i worked with were really nice people and we pulled together and worked as a team to help each other out when needed. we stayed short staff alot so we worked long hours through the holidays and pulled through.
Very woman friendly work environment
Travel Nurse Recruiter/Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2016
Management encourage career development, lots of opportunity for growth within the company. Training is excellent and has a team environment. Goal-setting with team leaders weekly to help you succeed.
Pros
Business Casual work place
Cons
Long hours at times if you are driven to succeed
Would recommend
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 6, 2016
I have been completely satisfied with Cross Country, mostly due to my recruiter, Lorraine Katz. and compliance specialist Stephanie De La Rua. They are responsive, and are completely on top of any and every situation that has arisen.
Great CoWorkers
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2016
Great CoWorkers I enjoy working in the Healthcare Staffing Industry
A Very Large Company Corporate is in Boca
A lot of growth but for long term not very likely,
Great Company Culture
Background Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 27, 2016
Great company culture, enjoyed being a part of the team, only downfall is the compensation and the fact that having a degree doesnt really reflect on job advancement.
Difficult to work, a lot of pressure
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 25, 2016
This company was a good place to work for many years but recently management changed and many people opted out.
There are a lot of new people so I cannot give an objective assessment.
Great exp
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 24, 2016
recruit staff, manage staff, great companty to work for, Great team that i work with daily
the hardest part of my job-finding staff that meet our guildlines
Associate Recruiter/Compliance/Credentialing
ASSOCIATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2015
More like an administrative position. Supporting recruiter. Aiding traveler in obtaining required documents for travel/temp/prn positions. Maintaining close contact with travelers to ensure that all documents requirements are up to date and no documents expire, especially while the traveler is on assignment. Uploading documents into the system and working closely with facilities to ensure all of their requirements for the traveler is met before the deadline (provided by the facility). Processing reimbursement request (depending on stipulation noted on assignment contract). Additional requirements may be required. A lot of the work completed by associate is ever changing and the associate must have the ability to adjust to changing demands.
Pros
Work with some great people, pay is good, discount masseuse (she is awesome)
Cons
poor management, unreliable communication between leaders and staff
A very productive work place, there was a little bit a wiggle room to move up.
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAJuly 3, 2015
This was a great company to work for, there was plenty of work to keep me busy every day. This was my first corporate job so there was so much for me to learn but I caught on quick and was able to excel. When I first started I was a Credit and Collections Specialist, after two years I was promoted to Cash and Reconciliation Specialist and then promoted to my final position as a Cash Administrator. My co-workers were pleasant and we all worked as a team. Management were great and interacted with everyone everyday. I worked a great distance from the company, on snow days I was able to work from home instead of commuting to work. This was a great part of the job as I could work longer hours with out worrying about my commute.
Pros
Pleasant people, Plenty of work, and being able to work remotely
Cons
By the time I was promoted to my final position there was no more opportunities to move up.
Productive and Competitive Envrionment
Consultant Associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Cross Country is a fast paced staffing agency that focus on client satisfaction and job placements.We are a goal driven company working to aide in staffing healthcare professionals.
Great place to work.
Receptionist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2013
I have enjoyed working at Cross Country Healthcare in the Boca Raton corporate office. I adore my coworkers and the positive culture that the company has. This company really cares about its employees and what they do. I am leaving because I am relocating, and will miss working for such a wonderful company.
Pros
benefits, promoting from within, company culture
You learn quick in order to do one's job
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 19, 2015
Loved going to new hospitals and learning different ways to do something, new equipment, new protocols. Meeting new people.
Pros
Good money, meet new friends, saw new places
Cons
Restrictions on contracts
Best company I have worked for.
New Client Recruiter/Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 8, 2012
Identified and sourced healthcare professionals through multiple search methods including but not limited to outbound phone calls, computer data base searches, referrals and networking.
Matched qualified candidates to appropriate contract opportunities according to both healthcare professional and facility needs/qualifications.
Managed compliance in accordance with Joint Commission and company standards.
Worked with existing field employees to keep documents current, active and compliant.
Pros
great work/life balance. they really care for the employees' well-being.
Cons
no cons.
Typical Recruiting Agency
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 16, 2015
It's a fair company to work for. Compensation is low. Employees are nice, but it doesn't set the world on fire. A lot of people seem to be "stuck" there.
Cons
Old building, outdated software

Cross Country TravCorps Reviews by Location