Cross Country TravCorps

Cross Country TravCorps Employee Reviews

Associate Recruiter/Compliance/Credentialing
ASSOCIATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2015
More like an administrative position. Supporting recruiter. Aiding traveler in obtaining required documents for travel/temp/prn positions. Maintaining close contact with travelers to ensure that all documents requirements are up to date and no documents expire, especially while the traveler is on assignment. Uploading documents into the system and working closely with facilities to ensure all of their requirements for the traveler is met before the deadline (provided by the facility). Processing reimbursement request (depending on stipulation noted on assignment contract). Additional requirements may be required. A lot of the work completed by associate is ever changing and the associate must have the ability to adjust to changing demands.
Pros
Work with some great people, pay is good, discount masseuse (she is awesome)
Cons
poor management, unreliable communication between leaders and staff
Regular Company
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 9, 2015
This company has been in service for years and is well known. Provides Medical staffing services for hospitals across the US. It is a very large company with several local offices located across the US.
A very productive work place, there was a little bit a wiggle room to move up.
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAJuly 3, 2015
This was a great company to work for, there was plenty of work to keep me busy every day. This was my first corporate job so there was so much for me to learn but I caught on quick and was able to excel. When I first started I was a Credit and Collections Specialist, after two years I was promoted to Cash and Reconciliation Specialist and then promoted to my final position as a Cash Administrator. My co-workers were pleasant and we all worked as a team. Management were great and interacted with everyone everyday. I worked a great distance from the company, on snow days I was able to work from home instead of commuting to work. This was a great part of the job as I could work longer hours with out worrying about my commute.
Pros
Pleasant people, Plenty of work, and being able to work remotely
Cons
By the time I was promoted to my final position there was no more opportunities to move up.
Work Harder with no raises; While VPres raises your budget 20%
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Malden MassJune 19, 2015
Ambitious at the expense of your career. You are sales staff in branch's which disqualifies you for raises but bonuses are available. The company is in acquisition mode but has no common codes or policies which allows upper management to run all over you with threats creating a very hostile work environment. Expansion to fast will do that. I have several dates in Microsoft Calendar appointments from "Sr. Leadership" and no one shows up. Corporate resources are weak... payroll and billing are always late which means I get calls 24/7 from upset clients and field associates because we are not paying or billing... Unfortunate at best. Stockholders beware.
Benefits
Cons
Senior Leadership, no accountability for payroll and billing, Selective on sales reps for certain divisions
Through Cross Country new skilled sets learned.
Territory Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2015
The greatest opportunity that the company as offered me has been that I have learned new skill sets in not only software applications but also with interpersonal business relationships.
Typical Recruiting Agency
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 16, 2015
It's a fair company to work for. Compensation is low. Employees are nice, but it doesn't set the world on fire. A lot of people seem to be "stuck" there.
Cons
Old building, outdated software
Prompt assistance in travel assignment interviews. All other needs with housing, etc handled promptly.
Registered Nurse, Traveler (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Nurse traveler within hospital setting
Medical surgical float pool & telemetry step-down
Ability to adapt & be flexible in changing environments
Horrible company that does not care about you at all
RT (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 24, 2014
I was recruited at the last minute to fill a position that another traveler backed out of. I moved, took $600.00 of extra classes over 6 days they promised they would pay for, and did days of paperwork, and tests, in just 2 weeks. I arrived on time for my first day of work.

The person at the hospital that was supposed to train me in their methods was on the phone all day and crying most of the day. She had one year experience. I have over 20. Still I never complained and looked to the other staff to get me up to speed. I did not do any patient care-except expertly assisted an intubation for 2  more... hours-where I got staff praise, and zero charting.

At the end of the day the manager who was an RN mind you and had no reason heading Rts tried to bully me into taking extra shifts and coming in on nights-that very night! When I reminded her I needed some time to learn the ropes before doing OT and that my contract was for days only she was visibly upset.

24 hours later they terminated the contract. Since I did nothing wrong they came up with "She is not really into it" I am not a new grad I can do the work blindfolded. How excited was I supposed to act?

Cross country had this evil woman call me and berate me that I must have done something wrong. Telling me I was fired and ordering me to put it on future applications. To this day they have not paid me for the 3 classes they promised to reimburse me for and actually sent me a bill.

This was one of the worst experience of my entire long and successful career. They do not care about you and while you MUST fulfill your side of the contract the hospital can back out for any reason. I am terrified this incident did indeed hurt my reputation and all because I trusted a Cross Country recruiter.  less
Cons
low pay, lies, no support
Extremely satisfied with all assignments
Travel nurse, circulator, scrub nurse (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Excellent recruiter. Many travel options nationwide. Great pay and housing.
Awesome time traveling
TRAVEL RN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 21, 2014
I traveled with CCTC for 4 years in the early 2000's. It was a great experience to travel across the U.S. CCTC took great care of me and made sure that I had comfortable and clean apartments to live in.
Great place to work fun and professional
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 17, 2014
I interviewing Clients over the phone making outbound and inbound calls on a daily basis
Pros
the company would reward you with vacation time for you work
Cons
monthly quotes had to be meet every month
traveling nurse
Registered Nurse- Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 15, 2014
13 week assignments; traveled different cities, different states; mainly night shifts; benefits awesome
Very Productive
Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2014
Enjoyed the time I worked with this company, went on maternity leave!
Bad and getting worse!
Allied Heath (Former Employee) –  NyFebruary 11, 2014
I've had 2 assignments. First, was a horrible facility with unethical practices. Called the clinical liaison day 3. Each time I expressed concerns I was told just try to stick it out. Or, you have to give 30 days and you'll have to pay $ for quitting. Finally, with two weeks to go, they offered to pull me out. Thanx for nothing.

My recruiter is nearly possible to get ahold of, I've played phone tag for days before. But emails/calls me frantically is she needs something. I've asked since day 1 to be in a specific state, completing the licensing on my own ( that dept was no help either) and the was told it will be difficult to find job there. I've missed our on at least 2 jobs because of recruiters multiple vacations. While they do have coverage, they are useless.

My advice interview your recruiter before accepting or signing anything. Keep in mind that they are sales people and their main job us to make their company &. After speaking with other travelers, I now know the recruiter should beloooking out forthe traveler first. Nt the case here. Not only will I be requesting another recruiter for my last month, I will be working with another company.
Fantastic staffing company.
Traveling Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 24, 2014
I spent 7 months in Cape Cod with this company and moved 3 times. Each move was trouble free and Cross Country never let me down.
Always helped get great assignments,
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Best 5 years of my work life! I loved traveling and meeting new people if only for a short while. I met my wife on an assignment! I specialized in cardiac surgery ICU but occasionally CCU and ICU as well. Worked days or nights as per contract. I was very flexible and was usually taking full patient assignments within 2 days whether open heart recovery or CCU. It seemed most facilities used different monitors,computer charting, pumps, slightly different medications and weaning techniques in ventilator management, The management almost always seemed happy to have me there though some were trying  more... diligently to get full time staff. THe RN's were also relieved to have a new RN with experience to lighten their workload and give them time to address their needs whether time off of education days. Overall I quickly learned unit protocols and sometimes offered some new approaches or protocols to surgeons and nursing staff. My sub-specialty was the usage of a CRRT machine called Prisma which had just approved for use in the USA. I had used and trained on the Prisma while working with heart transplants and cardiothoracic surgery while in Canada..The most difficult part of travel nursing is having to pack and move every 13 -26 weeks to a new city and facility. Ironically, this is also the best part.  less
Pros
learning new methods and protocols, meeting wonderful new rn's
Cons
some staff resented a travel nurses being there and getting being paid well and all expenses covered
Average for a travel company
Surgical Technologist (traveler) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 22, 2013
Great place to launch your travel career, they have tons of opportunities.
Great company for a traveling nurse
Traveling Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAOctober 26, 2013
Organized and professional management to help nurses find traveling jobs.
POOR Company/POOR Recruiters
RT (Former Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 9, 2013
Another company like Aureus just out to undercut everyone else. There recruiters have no experience with Allied Health or Respiratory therapist. I remember the recruiter I talked to telling me that Washington state board for RTs does not except CRT's only RRT's. So I called the board and they have never heard of that nor care. So tells you the recruiters are lazy, un-educated individuals from lacky sales positions.
Cons
poor ethics, cut throat and poorly educated recruiters
Traveling Nurses Beware --- Know what your are Getting Into
Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonSeptember 28, 2013
Lots of Hype and Talk about the Great Opportunities and Experience

The Realty is that you are not much more than a Scab Worker at the assigned Hospital. Some of the staff like you because you are helping them but the reality is that the hospital is paying +$50 to keep you and everyone else is getting $22 so the popularity is at a cost.

You can be terminated without Notice due to any reason --- lower than expected demand for services, they can get a full time permanent staff person for less, or you ask to be paid for the 4 day orientation period.

Once your are Terminated, you are Told by CC to Get out of Your Housing within 48 hours. If not, you will be billed some astronomical amount for a second rate apartment filled with roaches and fleas.

If you want such an assignment from such a company, be prepared to say yes sir, no mam; do anything, and be dumped at a moment's notice.
Pros
not much
Cons
non-reimbursement for all your espense, threats, slow/non-payment