Cross Keys Village Employee Reviews

poor work relations with employees
RN Careleader on Subacute unit (Current Employee) –  New Oxford, PAOctober 16, 2015
Typical day of work is overwhelming. Management will not work with employees with schedule changes. Co-workers are great bunch of people. Hardest part of job is admissions which come all at once with not enough of help to do them efficiently..
Pros
Some supervisiors are great.
Cons
Little appreciation of staff
friendly employees
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Oxford, PAJuly 7, 2015
Competitive salary. Flexible scheduling. Typical days are busy but most are willing to assist. The hardest part is trying to achieve all tasks within the time you have.
Pleasant work enviornment.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Oxford, PAJuly 2, 2015
Co-workers are very friendly to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the residents. I've learned about the different personalities of the residents.
Pros
Fun work enviornment
Cons
Can't thinik of anything.
very nice place to work.very clean,employees are happy but not rich,very professional atmosphere.
driver (Former Employee) –  New Oxford, PAJune 24, 2015
Loved my job as a driver.I left because of distance traveled to work,I felt the Commercial Lic. Drivers were under paid for the responsibility.But other then the money i always felt appreciated by residents and management.I would recommend this employer.
Pros
friendly place to work, appreciated by everyone.
Cons
money, having to be called in at sometimes 2am to transport a resident from hospital
able to join Gym free
caregiver personal care attendent (Current Employee) –  New Oxford, PAFebruary 17, 2014
enjoy working at cross keys I am looking for overnight caregiver position taking care of one person instead of 22 have learned a lot about medications have become more patient and understand the needs of elderly enjoy being with all my co-workers. the hardest part of job is getting attached to seniors then having to say goodbye.
Pros
have discounted trips for employees
Cons
not enough raises
Very skilled therapy oriented facility.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Oxford, PAJuly 24, 2013
Wonderful group of co-workers and excellent management. Very professional environment and flexible scheduling.
Pros
great benefits and flexible schedule.
Cons
high productivity demands.
Dining Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Oxford, PAMay 16, 2013
Great place to work. Very rewarding working around residents. Have to have a lot of patience sometimes with the residents. I love everyone I work with.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
hours
Loved the residents, staff is another issue
LPN (Former Employee) –  New Oxford, PaMarch 12, 2013
I love my job as an LPN, loved the residents that I took cared of, however the staff went from good, to bad in the time that I was there. When I first started, I was a freshly graduated LPN student. Had my license for only 4 months prior to being hired.The staff was awesome and very helpful. Over the time of my employment staff came and went ie:RN Supervisor, it became NOT so helpful. Everything seemed to not be good enough and no matter what I did, I did wrong. I heard rumors as I worked there about how it seemed that everybody is out to get you and how I should watch my back. I just took it as normal employee gossip and didnt pay too much stock into it..until..I experienced it for myself. Very disappointed that my 1st job as an LPN went so bad. To the point it was having me question my ability as an LPN. I know I was good at what I was doing and my efforts did NOT go UNnoticed to my fellow LPN's. Unlike my RN Supervisor, the other LPN's that I worked with told me how good I was doing. They never had anything negative to say about my work ethic. I didnt do anything different from what they or anybody else did, I just wasnt the RN Supervisors "Golden" favorite nurse and that there is the issue with this place. The supervisors have there favorite people and they are the ones that dont do no wrong and if you arent their "pet"..then like the rumors I always heard, watch your back! Since I still talk to the 1 LPN that I learned to trust and who still works there, I would have to say that I will miss the residents the most!.
Pros
residents are awesome
Cons
staff not so good
Worked with me as I worked with them.
RN Care Leader (sub acute) (Current Employee) –  New Oxford, PANovember 7, 2012
I was float pool and hours were abundant enough that they actually needed me and I worked diligently for them. I felt appreciated and welcomed there. I appreciate all they have done for me and the reviews of my work ethic were complimentary and helpful. I just hope to find a west coast version of this facility.
Pros
helpful co-workers that work as a team to improve the unit, not just themselves.
Cons
organization of scheduling has improved greatly; but could still be better, med admin software system needed better management by distributors.
Good Core Values
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Oxford, PAAugust 23, 2012
Poor Management. Performance Evaluations were based on non-job related issues. i.e. Coughing caused by Asthma and Allergies.

Penalized for 36 seconds tardy. Monitored through security camera.
Good place, but not the best.
Charge and staff nurse (Former Employee) –  New Oxford, PAApril 25, 2012
The usual nursing home routine. I learned patience, respect, appreciation and love for the elderly and colleagues. Management can be horrible. The good supervisors are few and far between. Staff turnover is high, but there are loyal staff who deserve better than what they are receiving. Loved the residents. Had great colleagues overall. I focused on working as a team which many staff had hidden agendas, especially the coordinators on the floors. Most enjoyable part and that I miss the most are the residents. Working with the elderly is one of the best parts of this place.
Pros
good staff and great residents
Cons
management