Summary: Primarily responsible for providing general support to the Director of Operations for completion of compliance monitoring responsibilities, such as reviewing loan files for adherence to federal and state regulatory compliance regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists in implementing regulatory changes throughout the organization, including research and training.
2. Assists in all external regulatory audits including preparation of questionnaires for submission to regulatory authorities.
3. Collaborates with all departments to gather data.
4. Creates reports for file selection.
5. Reviews files to determine gaps between data and documents and analysis of data to determine level of compliance.
6. Monitors branch compliance.
7. Assist operational area in defining practices that would result in adherence to regulatory compliance objectives as assigned.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with a rapidly changing regulatory environment on a federal and state level.
- Ability to manage complex assignments independently while also working effectively as part of a team.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Capable of creating graphs, charts and tables.
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent career experience
- 3 years’ experience in regulatory compliance responsibilities, preferably in mortgage lending related regulation and laws.
- Agency requirement experience
- Understanding of fair lending laws in addition to RESPA, FCRA, GFE, TILA, Change of Circumstances & Re-Disclosures