Summary: Responsible for reviewing, monitoring and processing loan applications by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Verifies all loan application documentation has been received to include:
-two recent pay stubs for each applicant
-applicant W2's for preceding two years
-signed verification authorization form
-applicant(s) signature on all pages of application
-signed good faith estimate
-signed fair lending notice
-signed and initialed interest rate lock in disclosure form
-payment to cover appraisal and credit
-any other documentation necessary as pertains to each individual file
2. Verifies that the loan set up sheet has been completed, the escrow has been opened, and the credit and appraisal has been ordered.
3. Enters application information accurately into the computer.
4. Prints out, prepares, signs and mails verifications of employment, deposits, mortgages and/or rent.
5. Reviews and ensures income ratios, loan values, cash reserves and credit histories meet mortgage holder requirements.
6. Documents all communication with applicants and internal personnel on any issues, concerns or discrepancies in a conversation log.
7. Reviews returned verification information for discrepancies, white out and verifier's signature.
8. Enters and edits received verifications into computer system according to identifying verification number and files in appropriate file.
9. Submits loans to appropriate lender as determined by Loan Officer.
10. Types loan submission sheets and pre-underwrite files for any additional items that may be necessary.
11. Makes copies of loan packages as necessary.
12. Transmits loan packages to lender when completed.
13. Reviews approval of loan applications to verify fees, expiration date and rate.
14. Reviews and follows up conditions of loan applications to verify conditions are met.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in loan processing
- Knowledge of RESPA guidelines. General knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending regulations. Regulation Z and Regulation B requirements, and loan documents preferred
- Previous experience processing VA, Jumbo, and USDA mortgages preferred
- Previous experience with Encompass preferred
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision and (401K).
Crosscountry Mortgage, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search