Crosscountry Mortgage, Inc Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
No support or direction
Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHAugust 25, 2017
Took a position as a remote underwriter. Training was terrible, very disconnected and lots of assumptions made. Once back home I had little to no support. Spoke to my lead maybe twice in 4 months. Loan quality was terrible, there was never any direction or communication. Seems like there is a high turnover which now makes sense.
Pros
Salary was competitive
Cons
No leadership, No communication
a typical day at work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 2, 2017
It is probably one of the worst places I worked. The training was awful. The management is not professional. The loans were the worst I have ever seen and no one is accountable.
Pros
bonus structure
Cons
week management and horrible files
Attentive management that wants you to succeed
Senior Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2017
I had a great experience working for CrossCountry Mortgage in Columbus, Ohio. I solely had to leave the company due to an out of state move. Both my sales manager and branch manager were extremely helpful and available while helping me advance my sales skills.
Great place to work!
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAJune 12, 2017
Every day was very busy, but fun. It's a clean environment with happy attitudes from the employees. There was a lot to do with each loan, but there was a list we followed to make our jobs even the slightest bit easier.
Processor
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHMay 27, 2017
The company is split up into many branches so you feel very separated from other employees in the building. Each branch is very different, have different processes and different environments. Some branches were very small while others were very large. They did offer some incentive contests based on numbers but it was always the same people winning because they came from a large branch. It didn't seem fair to me. Other than that, it is a good place to work, moat of the people are very nice.
Great place to work! Excellent culture!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHMay 12, 2017
Great Place to work! Uncapped commission. Flexible hours. Great Culture. Leads given to you to work on . Very accomodating environment! Managers are all very personable and helpful with whatever you need. Large cubicles to work in and there is a Starbucks in the cafeteria!
Pros
All Good!
Cons
Long days
Best Place I have ever worked
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2017
CrossCountry Mortgage (specifically the Tampa, FL Branch) is the best company I have ever worked for. The team is very professional yet makes you feel like you are a family. The managers really care about their employees and their employees' clients, which is most important. The compensation is great and the resources available to us as Loan Officers equips us with everything we need to be successful.
Pros
Great compensation, great work environment, very professional and experienced managers.
Cons
Office could be cleaner/more organized.
Unhealthy and unorganized
SR Mortgage Underwriter Remote (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 6, 2017
Although the loan are originated by a retail sales rep, the sales staff operate like a broker. The processors are joined with the LO and do not work cohesivly with underwriting the way a true retail shop operates. It is a massacre of retail but has the cut throat culture of wholesale so beware. Management runs around like chickens with their heads cut off and no direction. It's basically a free for all. LO's put together horrible files and pass them along to see what sticks.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Unorganized
Very demanding environment.
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHOctober 10, 2016
Very demanding environment with high expectations, offset by large bonuses and overtime pay to help compensate for long hours.
Worst place to work
Sr.UW (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJune 19, 2016
Unprofessional, managers unwilling to assist new employees.After 1 week of training on a new system, they expected you to meet all expectationss.
Pros
Remote position
Cons
Unprofessional, too many clicks
Casual yet professional environment
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHOctober 1, 2014
Great environment...fun yet professional. Gave me a challenging and rewarding position that I had a hard time leaving and the reason I left was to continue my education.
Pros
Colleagues worked well together.
Cons
Long commute.
employee friendly
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJuly 11, 2014
This was a great employee driven company. We worked very hard but they always looked to have different entertaining things for the employee.
Many clicks and office politics howver owner was good to me
FHA Sr. Underwriter / Conventioanl Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHFebruary 10, 2014
lots of whispering and if you can handle office politics and gossip then you will be fine
Pros
able to work form home
Cons
office politics and never really met all employees
Very relaxed work environment
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHNovember 26, 2013
When I started at Crosscountry Mortgage Inc., the company was just a small, tight knit, family owned business of about 25 or so. In recent years the company has grown a great deal and with that growth the company became more corporate, enforcing a dress code, bringing on a lot of new employees to fulfill new positions, opening outside branch's, etc.

Although certain, more strict policies had been enforced recently the overall work environment remained extremely relaxed. The majority of the employees did not follow the dress code and most of the time employees behavior and etiquette was not appropriate for the office. I have to say these were the things that bothered me the most and at time could be quite distracting to an employee who was trying to focus on their work. Even though these things bothered me, I still loved working for Crosscountry mortgage and enjoyed all the time I spent there. I learned a great deal of new information in regards to not only the mortgage industry but also all the interworking's as to what goes into closing a loan.
A terrible place to work!
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 18, 2013
This company wasted 6mo. of my life, doesn't offer competitive interest rates or fees and had little to no management support.
Small Branch
Junior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2013
Would like to work for a better structured company.
Found that working in a small company may be fun but a company needs structure to succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crosscountry Mortgage, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9