CROSSMARK, Inc.

CROSSMARK, Inc. Employer Reviews

Event Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 6, 2014
Pros: 30 minutes paid break
Cons: healthcare quiet expensive
Everyday is a challenging day. New approach are introduced in performing the task and learned a new method likewise improved my skills. Everyone within the team are very nice and friendly. No problem with the management so far in my entire employment.
Excellent job culture with outstanding support
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: excellent work atmosphere
Cons: need good healthcare for part-time employees that is commensurate with pay
I have the best job. I get to have fun while educating consumers about product and at the same time I am promoting our client's products. I work with outstanding people and have, perhaps, the best supervisor ever. I love this company and look forward to advancement into management.
Exciting career that offered travel and the ability to create and maintain your own schedule.
Merchandiser/Paint Specialist (Former Employee), La Grande, ORJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: traveling and making my own schedule.
Cons: during the winter, the hours are cut tremendously.
I loved working for Crossmark, because I was able to create my own schedule and adjust it as needed each day. The management was always available and understanding to my needs.
Fast Paced Enviroment. Great customer interaction.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: doing what i love. working with the public.
Cons: not a full time job
A typical day consist of smiling and promoting the product assigned to you.
I learned the importance of knowing your product before trying to promote it.
Management are great.
Co Workers are like a 2nd family. When you care about each other, makes for a wonderful work place.
There really isn't anything hard about my job.
Favorite part being involved with the public.
Get to meet new people, which has its good and bad points.
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee), Brewton, ALSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: getting to meet new people, hourly wage, pay for mileage, getting to cook and interact with the public
Cons: short lunch break, standing on hard concrete floor all day, rude customers
A typical day at work consists of getting to the store about 9:45 a.m., signing in at Customer Service. Once I get to the back of the store, finding boxes for the current day's event and labeling boxes for future events. After this, get the correct cart out for the day's demonstration, make sure appliances needed for the event (convection oven, coffee pot or electric skillet, etc.) are on the cart, then I proceed to the sales floor to set up my cart which is normally located in the Dairy Department. After set up, I located product and purchase the product with my comdata card, head back to my cart, merchandise product on cart shelves and finally begin preparing samples or product to be promoted. I then interact with customers by promoting the product, telling them important facts (health benefits, ingredients, allegens, etc.) and offering them a sample of said product. I take a 30 minute lunch around 1:30, come back and begin giving out samples again, then shut down at 4:00 and am out of the store by 4:15-4:30.

In this job I have learned how to interact with the public, not let every little comment get under my skin, promote products, manage my time and prepare samples according to health department guidelines. My supervisor visits stores once a month unless there is a serious matter that requires his attention. If we need him, we can call or email him anytime except on Monday's or Tuesday's, which are his days off.

As far as co-workers, I hardly ever have to work with the other lady assigned to my store, we get along well, she's really helpful and works with me if I need to trade days.

The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job are the same, dealing with the public. As with any retail job, most customers are very nice but then there are those that seem like it is their mission in life to make every store employee miserable. Overall though, I've enjoyed this job, it's just not something I want to do the rest of my life.
Poor rapport between staff and management.
Food Event Specialist (Former Employee), Lakewood, New YorkSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: relationships with customers, decent wage, clean environment.
Cons: uncaring management, unpredictable schedules, computer jargon.
Very young, inexperienced, supervisors that evidently didn't receive ample instruction as to the basics of maintaining a well run, comfortable, and successful outfit. When a supervisor treats the staff members with an attitude of unappreciation and ungratefulness certainly the employee will respond with a negative outlook upon the job.
Having a home computer was a requirement, with little training, and an obligation to learn procedures, rules, and of course the schedule on one's own. Schedules are impromptu and can be changed at anytime with no notice.
The job would be fun and exciting with a supervisor that respected the employees and vice-a-versa !
Could be a really fun company to work for.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 14, 2012
Pros: good pay. could be a fun job.
Cons: lack of positive motivation, poorly trained supervisory personnel.
There is little or no training, and, no real benefits. You are a part-time employee and feel that you are just a number in the grand scheme of things. Dependent on assigned store, supervisory personnel lack management and people skills. Seems to be lots and lots of drama. Job is very demeaning at times. You never can plan your weekly or monthly calendar. Your assignment days and times are posted on the company's website. In many instances you are required to work off the clock; and, are not paid for admin. hours or any time over the allotted daily hours.
Good Experience, low pay
Data Collection Technician (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 9, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, barely enough to cover expenses
This job gives good experience in retailing and use of a handheld scanner. It is flexible enough that one could have another job and still do this one. However, pay is barely enough to pay for gas, mileage, and insurance nessesary to do the tasks expected. There is no co-workers. My supervisor spent 3 days training me, but there is plenty of online resources to help understand what is expected. The hardest part of the job is reaching for product to scan. I have learned how to better schedule my work, how to scan bar codes quickly and easily, and how to deal with store personnel.

CROSSMARK, Inc. Salaries