CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

company that cares more about bottom line than its employees being able to support themselves.
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Greece, NYAugust 30, 2015
Pros: worked at Sams club which is a favorite place.
Cons: not enough hours.
a great job for someone with a alternative form of income. but not a job if you need to support yourself. i loved going to work and communicating with the people and giving them samples. The other employes were wonderful people and i enjoyed and respected each one as they treated each other well and helped out one another.
As a retail rep. I work in the stores not in a Crossmark office etc.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARAugust 28, 2015
I've worked for CrossMark at three different times over the years. It is a good company to work for with supportive management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was no nights and no week-ends.
The hardest is probably doing resets. The shelves can be heavy and difficult to place especially when they or dented etc,
Great job before the new changes
Retail Representative (Former Employee), Grantsboro, NCAugust 28, 2015
When first started the job, it was great since the hours were flexible. However, things changed, and then the flexibility was gone. Also, this change brought in a new supervisor of the team I was on, and – more... her communication skills were pretty hit and miss. It was a fun job and a great experience, but not something to try and create a future with. I enjoyed getting to interact with such a wide variety of people and doing many different things on a daily basis. However, not knowing which stores or what area you would be in from week to week did lose its perks. Only getting drive time one way isn't worth it when you drive as much as 2 hours away. – less
fun
Events Specialist (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: fun, and customer friendly
Cons: short breaks, short notice, not being able to taste a prod and successfully say how it tastes
crossmark is ok but u cant sample the products , no talking to other event specialists . then were told they aren't going to be handling bjs anylonger putting a lot of us out of work in a short time and short notice
Retail Supervisor of Events (Current Employee), Amherst, NYAugust 26, 2015
Great place to work, great management to work with, great overall experience.I would recommend to anyone, and loved working here.
Great company to work for
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond VaAugust 26, 2015
I started off as an Event Specialist with this company. After being employed, about 6 months later I was offered and Supervisor position. This company allows you to move up in little or no time depending on your job performance. This is the first job I ever truly loved. I loved getting up to go to work in the mornings, can't say that for a lot of companies I've previously worked for.
Loved working in the Bj's store of Edison
Customer Service Representative Lead in place (Former Employee), Edison, NJAugust 22, 2015
I loved the job when I first started, however when I was promoted to Lead in Place I was not told I never had a chance to become Supervisor in my current store. My DM played me like a fool. If you take this job be warned.
a place you can move up fast if you are good at the job
customer manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2015
Pros: move up fast
Cons: let me go
my years were very good and crossmark did me good.
payed me good
moved me up very fast
for me grate place to work
and when thay put me in house at marsh it was great for crossmark and marsh.
Fun place to work
Event Specialist Part-time (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 20, 2015
demo products to members. I learned about food handling. Great supervisor & co-workers. Fun to great people & explain products.
Flexible hours a bonus
Retail Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Don't value good employees enough to pay fairly
Each day logging into system to get work for each of 5 WalMart stores that made up my territory. Easy to get answers to any questions about tasks. I was allowed to choose my days and hours within the confines – more... of each task. Some tasks had shorter deadlines to complete. I enjoyed working for this company but was disappointed to learn the new employee I was training was paid at a higher rate after I'd received the highest evaluations from my manager. It was time for me to move on and that employee quit after 4 months....... – less
productive and has the best break room (Food)
event specialist (Current Employee), Torrington, ctAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Too much gossip and the boss is never professional.
I don't have enough hours. I was told I would have 18 to 24 hours but I only get 6 to 12 hours.
Good People (workers), Poor Leadership (Management)
Analytics (Former Employee), Insights TeamAugust 18, 2015
The company does a great job of securing good, solid, talent and the people really care about what they are doing and the clients. The big problem is the overarching lack of communication and lack of – more... an organizational plan at the senior level. Layoffs only to see exact positions re-posted a week later at corporate. Overworked, and stressed employees. At the director level and below, training, ideas, help, etc. was part of the culture but this was obscured by ever-changing politically driven decisions. Stress resulted from lack of clarity. – less
ok
event specialist (Former Employee), DallasAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Like the hours
Cons: ot much time to rest feet and back
A typical day was to have a table in working condition, have samples and product to sell. That was a big frustration, no product to sell. Customers get upset. Management doesn't want to be bothered to much, just do the job and sell product. Hardest part of job is standing in one spot for hours.
Great job to earn extra income
Staff Execution Team (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 17, 2015
Love the people I work with on a team.
This is a great job to earn extra money but not as a sole job to survive on. Hours vary most of the time based on work that comes in. Since it is part time you can have any day off you want (of course unpaid). If you want regular hours you need to get on a team.
Crossmark love working for the company
Manager Chris Smite (Current Employee), North Providence, RIAugust 17, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: 30 min breaks
I work for a great company were i get to meet new people everyday outdoor & in door marketing i work with great worker Crossmark is worldwide there are some waiting for you if you move to another state only this is i love to work & Crossmark only does five days a week
Was able to satisfy customers and help them engage in new products
Demolition Specialist (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 14, 2015
Cons: Hours are up sometimes but then they would get down to one day a week
I demonstrated products in order to increase company sales. I worked with lots of people and the entire team was awesome. Hardest part of my job was standing in one spot all day but I did it because it was required of me.
Great job for students or retirees
Event Specialist/Team Leader (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 13, 2015
Easy going job. Great if you're a people person. Don't expect raises. Great company, but hard to move within the company. Unsupervised majority of the time.
The ability to make my own work schedule is a plus.
Account Representative (Current Employee), Conowingo, MDAugust 13, 2015
Flexibility in daily schedule is the most enjoyable part of this job. I also enjoy working with the various store managers and being able to present my finished project.
independent work . flexible schedule
Retail Merchandiser\ Mentor (Current Employee), Pottstown, PaAugust 13, 2015
Good company with innovative ideas. Projects always different creating variety of work senarios. Good benefits, recources for project completion easy to use.
enjoyed flexibility
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility in work, had benifits
Cons: job stability, promotions
Enjoyed being able to set schedule and working independently, yet with deadline requirements. Enjoyed making solid relationships with store personnel and management,
Headquarters