CROSSMARK Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,449 reviews matching the search
Decent Company, passionate people, lower pay, poor support systems.
Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 8, 2016
Crossmark has its good and bad just like any company. However their true failures are in their support systems. This is largely due to outsourcing and changing technology, so ultimately it should resolve itself eventually with training and repetition.

There is the potential for advancement and it can be a decent place to make a career. But at the time of this review you should wait to see how they fair over the next few years. Their recent CEO change came with nearly 500 million in lost business, downsizing and a general drop in morale alongside an increase in turnover. So now is either a terrible time to join or one of the better times, so do your research first.

All things considered if you desperately need a job, Crossmark is not a bad place to get some experience, but due to lower than competitive pay and the above reasons, don't make it your first choice or your last stop.
Pros
Exposure to multiple clients
Cons
Pay, Hours, Management, Support Structure
Decent experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working independently and training online. The job was EXTREMELY boring, but I was working in a small town so it was slow. My boss was well mannered helpful. There was no talk of advancement. They ended up pulling the position that I held and offered to put me elsewhere but never did. I would go and check my company inbox and one day I was locked out and suddenly it was like I had never existed. My boss had told me that he couldnt send me to a city near me because that was in another regional managers area. Im not sure why I couldnt be referred but he left it at that. My pay was $10.5/hour, which I heard was low compared to similar companies. I wouldnt work for them again unless it was in a larger city.
Pros
weekly pay, go to lunch whenever you want, work independently
Cons
Boring, no benefits, and wouldnt transfer me elsewhere.
Great job with great Opportunities.
Demo Event Specialist/Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 31, 2016
A typical day at work was great. I got to travel and also meet new people. I learned how to make sales on things and also how to use the sale points provided to me. The management team was great. They always made sure we had the things we needed to make our job easy. My co-workers seemed like great people. My co-workers were nice people who loved to work. I believe there was no hardest part of the job because I knew how to do the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling and meeting new people.

Comment – April 1, 2016

We're glad you are loving your role and that you are getting great sales experience! Thank you for being a proud member of the CROSSMARK family!

Comment – April 14, 2016

Thank you for being such a passionate member of our team! We're glad to have someone like you within the CROSSMARK family!

Amazing workplace! Great management
Sales and Adult Beverage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 29, 2016
You get detailed information on what you'll be selling and a lot of tips on how to sell. All you have to do is research your product and demonstrate it to customers and guests in the store.

I learned a ton about sales and merchandising.

The management is great and super understanding. And my co-workers were great too. Everyone was so friendly and the environment was very relaxed.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with products that you may not be familiar with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see so many different people in a day, personally, I loved being able to interact with the customers. The job is easy, to boot, too!
Pros
Consistent schedule, amazing staff
Varies based on your area
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 11, 2016
There are a lot of good things that can be said of CROSSMARK and like many companies of a large scale much of your individual perception will be tainted by the leader and/or leaders that you work for.

There has been a significant amount of leadership changes in the last 12 months at a mid manager level and in the prior 3 years the company has seen a revolving door of CEO's (4 to be exact).

But there are some great people and exist to meet a need of some of the largest CPG players in the industry so that is a great thing, the company just needs to find a way to slow down, think, make strategic decisions and proceed. Due to lots of leadership changes things may soon start to come around.
Pros
Nice Cafeteria...Location/ Building is very nice
Cons
Management Turnover, Outrageous benefit cost/quality :(

Comment – March 16, 2016

We're glad that you are sticking with us through these changes and we are always striving to improve as an organization.

6 hrs on your feet with 30 minute break in middle. Serve food samples to club members
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 3, 2015
A day at work is standing behind a demo cart handing out samples of food.
It is not as easy as it sounds when hired.
Management does not have any care about you.
Most co-workers are fairly easy to get along with but you will have the hard to get along with ones once in a while.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making friends with them. When they come in and know you haven't been there much and tell you they are glad to see you back.
Pros
Cons
No health insurance or benefits of any kind. 1 or 2 day weeks most of the year until the holidays.
Senior Account Executive/ Team Leader/ Division Vice President
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2016
During my tenure with CROSSMARK Sales and Marketing , our broker agency was fortunate to represent some fortune 500 companies as Alberto -Culver, L'Oreal , Spectrum Brands, Novartis,
Burrough's -Wellcome, Cumberland Packing, Pillsbury , Rembrandt Lederle Labs ( Centrum Vitamins .I represented these lines and made headquarters calls at Stop and Shop, Shaw's Market ,Brook's -Eckerd, Big Y was involved with promotional planning. Representing a multitude of lines . You need to be very organized and detailed oriented .I was also involved and charged with broker management of lines. Ultimately I reported to regional broker managers. CROSSMARK had very solid management personnel in the region and nationally. My co-worker were supportive and outstanding with providing the necessary IRI data to do your job effectively. Time management within the call and at the account was always a challenge.Lot's of detail to cover and always up against time constraints . When you launch a new line and comprehensive promotional program to your top account's was very satisfying and exhilarating.
Pros
Working with multi-national accounts with strong marketing support
Cons
Challenge of representing 50 lines and managing them successfully
A fun job where I met many nice people.
Lead Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 5, 2016
I set up a demonstration cart and sampled many different products. I supervised other demonstrators and helped them with any issues they might have had. I didn't interact with management very often. I was the lead demonstrator and was given all the responsibilities in my stores. My direct supervisor visited my home store infrequently and I never interacted with any other member of management. Most of my co-workers were hard working. I did however, have to pull some aside and discuss certain issues they were having with their work performance. The hardest part of the job was working every weekend and most holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers.

Comment – March 10, 2016

We're glad that you loved your time at CROSSMARK and value you as a member of the CROSSMARK family!

Great place to work where you are treated like family.
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of meeting many different people. I learned how to offer other products being demonstrated to people who were not very happy with the product I was demonstrating. Our management is very good. Our manager is very easy to work with and does her best to accommodate us. My co-workers are awesome. We all tend to get a long great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who want a sample when the food is not any where near being ready. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and seeing their reaction when they enjoy the product you're demonstrating.
Pros
Being able to get out with enough time to enjoy our nights.
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks and not being able to go upstairs to eat, forcing us to eat at the company cafe.
Company is very unorganized
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 22, 2016
I would not recommend going to work for this company. They are very unorganized. They train the event specialist and then after a matter of time send in temps to do the events leaving you with weekend only hours. The temps are not trained and leave your cart in a mess. One person threw garbage in the cart and didn't use a garbage can. You are responsible for keeping everything clean and sanitized but they do not monitor what the temps do and they are not held to safety/health standards. The company is not respected by Walmart.
Pros
Cons
Management is weak

Comment – March 25, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We will be sure to forward this to the proper leadership teams.

They Don't Care
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 22, 2016
I've worked for this company for several years until the restructure of the company I have had nothing but problems. Any time I've had problems I was sent to "field support" who doesn't have any answers about any HR or Employee Relation problems. I would go weeks and even months not being paid and have to go through a lot to get paid. Worse place to work ever!!! Don't if you have to. Pay is really bad and they really take advantage of you.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management doesn't care, no accountability and horrible upper management

Comment – March 25, 2016

Hi there. We're sorry you've had this experience and are sending this along to the teams you mentioned. It is also against company policy to not be paid in a timely manner. If you are still experiencing issues with this, please contact our payroll department at Payroll@CROSSMARK.com. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and feedback.

Great people - Management not so much!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed the people I worked with, but definitely but was a good ole boys mentality. There was no consistency in the work place between supervisors. Some workers worked 20 hour weeks and some worked 50-60 hour weeks. I had a fantastic supervisor and enjoyed my time there, but hated the company politics and uncertainty. I feel like I earned a fair wage and my boss was fair, but again this was not typical across the board. The company seemed very top heavy, with not enough people doing the actual work. Also, it seems like the incompetent workers were hard to get rid of. The longer they stayed the harder they were to get rid of.
Pros
Free to do your job as you want.
Cons
No training or education budget.
Environment is very happy an approachable
event specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2015
the days consists of being friendly an approachable to customers. smiles daily an greet, telling, and selling. Securing a sale of products. I have learned all different approaches to selling products an learning an meeting new people daily. The management isn't so well. My co-workers where great people. the hardest part of the job is not having enough days even though it was part time. the most enjoyable part is meeting al different cultures an learning them an what they love.
Pros
call ins.
Cons
no call ins. an not enough hrs.
A great weekend job
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2016
I started working for this company a few years ago, it is a fun job to have if you like working with the public, especially in stores. Consider this as being the person who does "Free samples" and tries to encourage those who like it to buy. Very flexible in terms of days you would like to work, although mostly people take up those spots fast, so more of the time it is weekend work. Great Pay and they offer decent benefits (you need to apply for on the site). The management and staff advisors are very helpful and provide you with what you need to do your job. They do pay you for bringing your own appliances to your demos (if your cooking). Rarely any bad experiences from this job.
Pros
Free samples, Great pay, supplies provided, great staff
Cons
Have to apply for benefits, hard to get hours/jobs a lot of the time

Comment – August 8, 2016

We're glad you are a proud member of the CROSSMARK family! Thank you for providing that great overview of your role!

Company in chaos
Retail Rep, Field Expert, Mentor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 23, 2016
Have worked for this company for years. In the last two years the district has degenerated from a Team Environment into a group of Jr High style cliques. Each group trying to dominate. Management by supporting employees has become management by intimidation. The Company has lost clients, work has gone from around 30 hours per week to an average of 10.They have reduced brick and mortar field work and has shifted to cyber marketing. They will send you out to execute multiple projects, but you will put hundred of miles on your car with little compensation. They hire only part time and expect you to have 80% of your work done by Wednesday. Or you will be "shamed' by an email that goes out to the whole district.
Pros
You schedule your own work
Cons
No raises, low wages.

Comment – August 8, 2016

Hi there. We always strive to be better as an organization and several of the things you mention here are direct violations of company policy. Please contact us at the HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com so that we can address the concerns you've brought forth here. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Great Place with Advancement Opportunities
District Supervisor Sam's Events (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 6, 2015
During my time with CROSSMARK, I was exposed to many challenges that allowed me to grow as a Leader and Manager. I was able to develop the ability to work in different locations and manage both on site and remotely.

Being able to see projects from start up to completion was very satisfying, as well as being offered the opportunity to promote to new positions, and learn new skill sets.
Pros
Travel, Learning new skills, Job promotions, working with new teams, supportive management team
Exciting,fun work place & friendly work enviornment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 28, 2016
My Co-workers are all friendly and awesome people. I would have never thought to find the perfect job. I learned how to be more open-minded and outgoing and have fun at work. Everyone comes in and is ready to work & is always so cheerful and positive. We work as a team to sell our products and do our best representation as an individual to self reflect our hard working skills and teamwork as a team. Management is awesome and very understanding. Always encourage one another to do and be the best we can be.
my direct Mgr was amazing to work for. A fun,dedicated and loyal employee
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 23, 2016
My days were full and always went fast for me. I enjoyed multi tasking so this was a great position for me. I learned that although I have above standard expectations of myself and superb work ethics, not everyone else share the same passion I do.
What I most enjoyed was completing an amazing display and taking the before and after photos of it. The other thing I got great pleasure with was giving someone an opportunity to try our yogurt who otherwise may have never sampled it without some coercion or persuasion. A new customer being converted to not just yogurt but to Chobani greek yogurt.
Pros
Handing out coupons
Cons
drive time

Comment – June 26, 2016

We're glad that you had a great manager while at CROSSMARK! Thank you for sharing your experience!

productive Fun and friendly environment.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 27, 2016
With this company I had learned some retail and marketing approach to the store environment. I worked with very friendly employees and customers. I learned to obtain upcs and how to advertise my product, along with communication with customers. My job was to prepare food to sample in the best way possible while following directions. The hardest part of the job was when you were given more then 5 products to use/cook, for example i had 15 items a few time you just have to learn to switch it up. The most enjoyable part of the day was when we would clean up in the kitchen the employees were like our family we laugh and enjoyed the time and help.

Comment – August 8, 2016

We're glad you loved your role and your team! Thank you for sharing your experience!

independent self reporting job
Retail Representative / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2016
not very hard, fairly laid back, eveyrthing done on your own time. can get scheduled to places far away but for the most part easy work. no promotions or raises...

2.8