CROSSMARK

1.4K reviews

CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Found 1,299 reviews matching the search
I worked as a retail rep., in the plumbing dep.
retail representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAFebruary 8, 2016
I worked as a retail representative in the Home Depot for the plumbing department and made sure that all 3 Stores that I worked at had all the POP and displays up to current standards for Home Depot specifications. I also down stocked merchandise as needed and kept all pricing up to date and current with their adds. I also made sure any returns were up to company standards and no discrepancies were added
Pros
early norning work
Cons
did not tell me the work would only be for 6 months
Decent Company, passionate people, lower pay, poor support systems.
Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 8, 2016
Crossmark has its good and bad just like any company. However their true failures are in their support systems. This is largely due to outsourcing and changing technology, so ultimately it should resolve itself eventually with training and repetition.

There is the potential for advancement and it can be a decent place to make a career. But at the time of this review you should wait to see how they fair over the next few years. Their recent CEO change came with nearly 500 million in lost business, downsizing and a general drop in morale alongside an increase in turnover. So now is either a terrible time to join or one of the better times, so do your research first.

All things considered if you desperately need a job, Crossmark is not a bad place to get some experience, but due to lower than competitive pay and the above reasons, don't make it your first choice or your last stop.
Pros
Exposure to multiple clients
Cons
Pay, Hours, Management, Support Structure
no job growth at this company
Merchandiser and Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 8, 2016
I'm ready for a job that I can grow with. I enjoy helping customers with their problems. I place new products and build displays.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no job growth
Dont bother, it aint worth it!
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 5, 2016
Was promised all these hours but in reality, I was only given ONE day a month! YES JUST ONE DAY!!! Was told it was slow and would pick back up soon, it's been 2 months of Only one work day a month!!! The job itself is ok, but the manager, is TERRIBLE! She won't return calls or texts and there are so many stupid rules. Honestly, don't waste ur time with this one. They don't care about the workers, only the company.
Pros
ABSOLUTELY NONE!!!
Cons
EVERYTHING
Direct deposit, and clear instructions
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 30, 2016
Wonderful supervisor, well run company, opportunity for 401k,
Treated fairly. Lots of demos that kept us very busy. We received supplies to preform our demos and hats and aprons and name tags to identify us as employees of CROSSMARK.
Pros
Able to have a 401k
Cons
No chance for higher wages
Better Than some
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJanuary 29, 2016
event specialist don’t make money unless you get to do it full time. But this company is patient and they have a good benefit package, and people who actually answer the phones. unlike some others.
Pros
benefits, you can keep any extra products bought for demo.
Cons
pay checks aren’t very big.
independent self reporting job
Retail Representative / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2016
not very hard, fairly laid back, eveyrthing done on your own time. can get scheduled to places far away but for the most part easy work. no promotions or raises...
Great people - Management not so much!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed the people I worked with, but definitely but was a good ole boys mentality. There was no consistency in the work place between supervisors. Some workers worked 20 hour weeks and some worked 50-60 hour weeks. I had a fantastic supervisor and enjoyed my time there, but hated the company politics and uncertainty. I feel like I earned a fair wage and my boss was fair, but again this was not typical across the board. The company seemed very top heavy, with not enough people doing the actual work. Also, it seems like the incompetent workers were hard to get rid of. The longer they stayed the harder they were to get rid of.
Pros
Free to do your job as you want.
Cons
No training or education budget.
Exciting,fun work place & friendly work enviornment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 28, 2016
My Co-workers are all friendly and awesome people. I would have never thought to find the perfect job. I learned how to be more open-minded and outgoing and have fun at work. Everyone comes in and is ready to work & is always so cheerful and positive. We work as a team to sell our products and do our best representation as an individual to self reflect our hard working skills and teamwork as a team. Management is awesome and very understanding. Always encourage one another to do and be the best we can be.
I wonderful company and position.
Merchandise Representative (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 25, 2016
I loved this position unfortunately I didn't have reliable transportation at the time and had to resign. It was completely tailored to me and I was my own boss. It was wonderful going into work and completing all my goals for the day. It was so nice to be in charge of my own schedule.
Decent experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working independently and training online. The job was EXTREMELY boring, but I was working in a small town so it was slow. My boss was well mannered helpful. There was no talk of advancement. They ended up pulling the position that I held and offered to put me elsewhere but never did. I would go and check my company inbox and one day I was locked out and suddenly it was like I had never existed. My boss had told me that he couldnt send me to a city near me because that was in another regional managers area. Im not sure why I couldnt be referred but he left it at that. My pay was $10.5/hour, which I heard was low compared to similar companies. I wouldnt work for them again unless it was in a larger city.
Pros
weekly pay, go to lunch whenever you want, work independently
Cons
Boring, no benefits, and wouldnt transfer me elsewhere.
Customer service
Event specialist (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Retail great working with the people and my staff, managers. hours wasnt that great or pay but very flexible with everyday life
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay no hours
Requires lots of physical stamina
event specialist/team lead (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Liked the pay, talking to people, was fine until I started developing problems with my legs and back from walking and standing for so many hours during the day. Also the Event Supervisor, while a lovely person had a tendency to be a bit pushy and a workaholic; she expected everyone around her to feel the same way, when one didn't one could be treated rather harshly. I was a team leader and found that the way I was expected to treat my co-workers was utterly deplorable.I resigned and while I miss the many friendships I developed there during such a short time, I have no wish to ever return to being an event specialist.
Pros
I got to do my grocery shopping where I worked, That made things very easy on me, as I didn't have to drive across town to do my grocery shopping.
Cons
Quite a bit of standing on one's feet all day. NOT a good thing for sciatica, arthritis or other health issues.
Not a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 20, 2016
It was like most fast food jobs, very rough around the edges. Form the moment I was clocked in it was non-stop until I clocked out.
Pros
No requirements to get the job
Cons
Too hectic
Fun Place to work, but not enough hours to give
IN-STORE DEMO-EVENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAJanuary 20, 2016
Good place to work at, a pretty simple job to learn the ropes, good environment to work in.
Good management and a great team to work for.
Good for someone who is looking for part-time work
Pros
Good Management, Good People to work with, Supportive Community
Cons
Not enough hours
Good hours and fun job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day of work is preparing a sample, handing it out to customers, and cleaning up your area. I enjoyed working independently and talking with people.
Not enough hours
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 19, 2016
While working as a marketing sales team member, I felt as if I deserved more time promoting the products they were expecting to have high sales. I took much pride in serving the public with demonstrations and knowledge of the products but did not feel as if they were satisfied with their small sample and few moments we spent together. I believe there should have been more time spent on marketing while on the clock. As an employee I had to use quite a bit of my shift hours setting up and taking down my demonstration for the day which took away from the ability of the public to enjoy the product. Lastly, I had to purchase the product personally before hand. This took away from the customers time as well.
Fun Work
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 18, 2016
Working as an Event Specialist is a fun job. You get to meet many different types of people and get to know some of their likes and dislikes.
Pros
Meet new people, try out new foods and products
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Creative atmosphere
Retail Supervisor Events (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2016
• Trained Event Specialists on company processes, policies, procedures, and position responsibilities
• Ensure quality execution by conducting audits and work-widths of Event Specialists and develop event execution skills and knowledge
• Monitored and managed expense metrics such as payroll time entries and additional expenses to maximize territory contribution
• Managed execution and overall performance of scheduled events by monitoring daily and weekly provided scorecards to ensure the highest level of on-date execution is met
Pros
Not a business setting
Cons
Stressful
Biztalk
BizTalk Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2016
He is good experienced consultant.• Troubleshooting all order related failures with fair understanding of all the Orchestrations, message formats and mappings in fast pace and also reprocessed the orders based on the business required.Creating users, grant permissions, applying new patches