CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Found 1,781 reviews matching the search
Terrible work place
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 25, 2017
This job by far was my worst job ever. The pay sucks for the amount of work you do. And the management above u sucks and doesn't care about personal life. I don't recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Good Job
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 24, 2017
Very good Company to work for. Have a territory to cover with Stores to visit every week. Go around doing surveys like a Coke Survey counting how much soda the store has in stock or go to a Display store. A store Display is scanning the front end cap and the rear End cap or inner End cap in the store all depends how the store is laied out
Cons
A very positive environment for those in outside sales
Dedicated Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2017
you choose your own hours and work independently.
Training is minimal but more hands on
Culture is relaxed
Accounts are diverse - always something new
Job for self motivated people
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Groves, TXJune 23, 2017
You have to do all of the hiring paperwork online. You get sent to Wal mart or Sam's Club. If you work at Sam's you report to the supervisor and they show you how to do things. If you work at Walmart then one of the other demo people shows you the ropes.
You basically go to the store you are assigned to and if it's t Walmart you find the kit. (a red or cardboard box with supplies and signs) you bring the table or cart to the sales floor and get it set up then you find the product. If you work at Sam's then you use the product and keep the bar code so they can write off the product later. If you work at Walmart then you buy the product with a company card. You keep the receipts for paperwork later.
You put small amounts of food on napkins,plates,or plastic cups. You talk to customers and try to sell the product to them.
After you are done you throw everything away and put the cart or table away and go online to fill out the paperwork.
Pros
You don't have a manager or supervisor breathing down your neck.
Cons
You can't take any of the product home
Great college student job
TEAM LEAD/SENIOR DEMONSTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
I worked here during college and it provided just what I needed at the time. Was a little unorganized at time but over all I enjoyed being able to interact with many different people.
Extremely Frustrating
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 22, 2017
I didn't work for Crossmark for long because right off the bat, there were a number of issues. The management wasn't very nice at all, extremely straightforward. There were numerous technical issues straight from the start as I attempted to begin my training and the wait times for the field support line were always over an hour and a half.
Pros
Paid training from home
Cons
Most everything else
Crossmark
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Severn, MDJune 22, 2017
Most employees unhappy Too many people on a team taking 4-10 hrs away/week from people who want more hrs Managers overworked so difficult to get personal attention
Pros
Able to have time off during week
Cons
Limited work hrs and pay
Part time retail merchandiser
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2017
I have worked with Crossmark for 7 years, and have enjoyed my time with them. The company has grown and is always evolving. Management has been fair, sometimes unstable. Communication can be improved, and would like to see frequent pay increases with good evaluations and goals obtained.
Few pros many cons
Retail merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
Inconsistent hours, do not rely on this job if seeking full time job that is CONSISTENT. Pay is decent and weekly. You have to ask for hours and whatever is available you might have to take.. Probably best as a second part time.
Pros
Set your own schedule most of the time
Cons
No room for progression, pay, or benefits
I really enjoy working on this team.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work is very enjoyable, management is very good, I love my co-workers, everyday is a learning experience no matter how long you have been doing this work.
Pros
no pros
Cons
healthcare
Productive and helpful
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 20, 2017
I think this was a good first job and this company really helped to try to make all employees feel comfortable at their workplace. They're good with pay per hour as well.
Pros
The pay and hours
Cons
No set days a week
Great Company
Regional Manager of Events (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 20, 2017
I loved my job at Crossmark. I was able to move into upper management quickly (within the first year). My managers were very supportive of me and invested in me so I could move forward when the opportunity arose.
Pros
fun environment, highly supportive management
easy, fun demo's
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORJune 19, 2017
Food demo's within Walmart. Stocked product, demoed food, gave reviews and recipe cards to customers. Cleaned, cart and made sure food nd safety standards were observed at all times
Pros
short wor kweek
Cons
not enough hours to maintain job
Great job!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 17, 2017
I love my job with Crossmark! It was only part-time so it gave me plenty of time for family life. I believe there was plenty of room for growth into higher positions.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 17, 2017
I have a great work life balance. I was able to go back to school and pursue my Masters'. Everyone on my team is very helpful and want to see you succeed in life.
Kept me busy every day I worked, which is what I liked about the job.
Glidden/Dyson Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 16, 2017
Learned how to tint paint,; set up displays; trained employees when necessary. Hardest part of this job was getting WalMart management to find time to talk to field rep.
Unpredictable but self-driven job
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 16, 2017
Unlike a lot of marketing and sales job, Crossmark is relatively low-key, as you show up, set up your cart, perform the demo, and go home when time is up and report your hours on a website.

However, as a job where all your communications with anyone higher up than you is either by phone or a website that flat out does not work on anything but older versions of Internet explorer, this level of 'freedom' has a draw back. Communication issues are frequent, and you have to watch your schedule every day as especially since it's been bought out, the company will either assign or take away shifts sometimes with less than twelve hours of notice. When I resigned because I was moving, I had to notify my supervisors and HR no less than six times to keep them from trying to schedule me work.

The upper management is based in Texas and so the company assumes all states functions like Texas when it comes to advance notice for shift changes, breaks, and so on - you will often have to push to get them to acknowledge any workers rights you have in the state that you reside in. The support line hours are not very practical for the Pacific and Alaskan time zones, especially for sunday shifts.

It's not too bad a gig, but that depends on your tolerance for schedule watching and minor annoyances.
Pros
Low pressure compare to other marketing jobs, no micromanaging
Cons
unpredictability, company often fails to render promised bonuses, schedules can change on very short notice, upper management does not pay attention to state laws
Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 15, 2017
Good place to work at. Employees and management are good and work with you. Hours could be better and they don’t schedule much some days. Good if you have another job and need extra money
Love it
Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 14, 2017
I have worked for a lot of companies. My old job was so stressful I would have panic attacks! This is so easy going and no stress for me. So easy! We all get along great, manager is great to work with. Yes some people grab and go, but I'm getting paid to hand out free food. Who can argue with that lol.
Pros
Everyone gets along, lots of friendly people
Cons
Sometimes it slow and not alot of hours
Great coworkers, good break times
SALES EVENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 14, 2017
Working here was great. Hours are extremely flexible and manageable. The only problem was how easy it is for you to get lost in the system. Company policy requires you to work at least once every two months. Management, at least from my experience, does not keep very good track of how often you work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CROSSMARK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8