CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Employer Reviews

Interesting job with freedom and flexible schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee), marylandMarch 29, 2014
It was always different. It was flexible, you travel a lot. got to see new products and be involved with their marketing
Local managment was very good, corporate policy and dealings rather poor.
In - house at Fred Meyer, HBA relay manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 28, 2014
Pros: regional supervisors were very supportive.
Cons: pay cuts.
My time as a Crossmark employee was mostly in-house at Fred Meyer, a Northwest retail chain. The only connection I had with Crossmark were the supervisors which I reported my hours to, so I basically worked at and for Fred Meyer, with my pay coming from Crossmark. The Northwest regional supervisor, with whom I worked my last year at Crossmark, was the – more... very best. My direct dealings with Crossmark corporate, how they treated me and honored agreements, were problematic, to say the least. Fred Meyer, on the other hand, was a terrific company to work with, close knit and supportive, while its employees, for the most part, are proud to work there and care about the company name. – less
Fun workplace
Food demonstrator, Sams Club (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good working environment.
Cons: not enough hours and must call in daily
Day starts at either 10:45 or 11:45. Work for 7 hours. Co-workers are easy to work with and very enjoyable. Hours are great.
Productive and fun working environment.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Jackson, TNMarch 27, 2014
Pros: nice people, clean carts, plenty of supplies, & plenty of utensils to use.
Cons: short breaks
It's fun to work for Crossmark, & it's always good that what I do is beneficial to everyone.
I enjoyed working for Crossmark
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Marshfield, MOMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good company to work for.
Cons: not enough hours available.
-Fast pace. Days flew by.
-I learned how to comfortably, interact with the public. It improved my confidence greatly.
-Management was the easiest to work with, very considerate, and pleasant.
-Co-workers were great.
-At first it was difficult to approach strangers. Then I caught myself greeting people when I wasn't working.
-I really enjoyed the children. – more... They would run to me even when I wasn't working, hollering " It's Tami the sample lady." – less
helping customers pick new products for thier daily lives
Demo event specialist/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 25, 2014
sampling food and beverages at sams club.
keeping a clean and sanitory station.
cooking and preparing for a 6 hour demo
Great flexible social position
Kraft & PVM Representative (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 25, 2014
Pros: very flexible and is basically freelance
Cons: addresses and directions to some stores are incorrect
I was a Retail Representative for kraft and PVM Foods. I would go to a variety of gas stations, small stores, and Wal-Marts to check thier inventory of Kraft and PVM products.
I usually talk to the store's manager or owner and offer newer products for them if they are not already in the stores.

The most enjoyable part of this job to me was the fact – more... that I was able to be social and professional at the same time. I learned that I could build a relationship professionally by just being myself and doing my job! – less
My Favorite Job to Date
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLMarch 23, 2014
Pros: 6 hour days, usually only 3-4 days a week, but great pay as well.
Cons: not very many opportunities to move around while standing.
I learned out to set things up and break them down in timely manner, sale products, and work with customers.

My manager was great, always encouraging me and helping me through what I had trouble in.

Co-workers were always nice and willing to lend a hand.

Hardest part was being given a hard to sell product like toilet paper.

Most enjoyable part was – more... making food, because it sold well, and was easy to hand out. – less
very produtive fun and fast working enviroment
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ontario ca.March 22, 2014
love this job i only wish it was full time. and i loved the fact i had to travel as well.
Crossmark
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Pembroke, NCMarch 21, 2014
This was an easy job it just requires lots of traveling daily.
Good idea, terrible execution.
Lead Events Specialist (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 21, 2014
Pros: sampling many products, great starting pay
Cons: no full time, no benefits, no raises, no advancement, terrible management, boring
I have to start out saying that I love the idea Crossmark has behind it, enabling people to try products before they buy them in bulk. There have been a number of products that I was given the chance to try out (as the demonstrator) and have found things that I really enjoyed when I wouldn't have had the chance otherwise. I think it's brilliant, cost – more... effective for families, and helps show people whats out there without them having to commit to something before trying it.

That said, my manager has been one of the hardest people to work for. He's on salary and ends up calling out more often than he's actually at work. He regularly ignores the paperwork part of his job due to his hate for administrative work, and leaves it to the leads who have their own plate full of things to do. WE end up not being able to accomplish our duties because we're too busy doing his and when brought to upper managements attention, it was completely ignored and dismissed. Because the RSE at my store was so relaxed, people got away with murder and the kitchen would become a disaster area on many days when the 3 or 4 responsible employees (out of 25) were on their days off.

It has great starting pay for a first time job, but there really is little excitement to the job, there's little room for advancement and there's no such thing as full time. You don't get any raises unless you're promoted and promotions are few and far between. There are no sick days, vacation pay, or any other benefits (aside from basic healthcare) unless you have a minimum of RSE position. – less
I enjoy the job because I am able to assist the customers and the company in poitive sales
Territory Team Lead (Current Employee), Plano, TexasMarch 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: part time
I assign myself the schedule I prefer to work, then head out to the stores. I have learned a lot about the importance of customer/business relations when making sales. I have no co-workers at the moment, I work under a supervisor, which is limited supervision.
Great Job
Team Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee), Marshfield, WIMarch 12, 2014
Pros: pay well. meeting new people
Cons: having to wear cap and apron
Fun job. Great pay. Helpful supervisor. Most shoppers like getting free samples And are polite. Interesting to hear shoppers input on products. The only negative would be prolonged standing for some people.
Event Specialist
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 12, 2014
Demonstrated food and other products inside Sams Club. Hours were based on volume of the store and product that was being demo'd. I cooked various foods and handed out samples of new products.
Prepared samples to offer shoppers at WalMart
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Fountain, COMarch 10, 2014
Pros: minimal managerial oversight. independent work.
Cons: required 6 hr standing time and 30 lb lifting requirement.
Looked over project packet. Chose appliances needed to prepare sample. Set up cart. Shopped for ingredients. Bought ingredients with corporate credit card. Cooked/prepared samples. Served samples while educating customers about selling points of the product.
Easy retail environment
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 10, 2014
Never short of work and always someone that will need you. Never anything to difficult but things that typically come with the job in a retail setting.
no help from anyone
Retail Representative (Former Employee), MichiganMarch 10, 2014
Pros: it was a job . . ..
Cons: you are on your own with little training
Very little training done the computer. VERY hard to get a hold of someone if you had questions. A lot of travel time not paid for. Unrealistic goals.
Good Short-Term Job
Tech Expert / Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Utica, MIMarch 10, 2014
These positions pay a better wage than that of a fast food place without the fast pace. The Tech Expert position was a great gig but it was short lived. Learned a lot more about the features of computers, smart TV and so on. This company is very disorganized on a management aspect. Although my supervisor was good, her higher ups seemed to never communicate – more... effectively. The website needs some maintenance. It could save plenty of time being able to see your schedule from one place and report your time worked. – less
Nice Job
Data Collection Inventory (Former Employee), ILMarch 6, 2014
Pros: enjoyed
Cons: company was sold
I really enjoyed working for Crossmark. I was able to travel some and basically make my own schedule which worked out great. The only reason why I left was because the company was bought out by an investment company.
Horrible environment
Event Specialist (Former Employee), LouisianaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: it's a job, pay rate
Cons: management, lack of hours
The job itself is not so bad, but dealing with rude customers comes in any retail job. The management, on the other hand, is horrible. They only cared about themselves, played favorites, bullied employees, gossiped about employees. The company itself does not seem to care about their employees, as I would talk to them about being bullied by the management, – more... and the company never did anything about it, even as much as they promised they would. – less

About CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK helps clients in the consumer packaged goods industry get products in and out of stores. The company provides headquarter – Read more