CrossMark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,419 reviews matching the search
Good Work/Life Balance
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 6, 2015
Due to the part-time nature of Crossmark, there is a good work/life balance. In the Merchandising aspect, work can be done on your own schedule as long as it is completed by the due date. As a Merchandising Specialist, one goes into various different stores to complete auditing, merchandising, and verification tasks related to various products in the stores.

This is a position where one develops relationships with store personnel and can take pride in a job well done. The only real drawback is that there is no real opportunity for advancement, and the compensation leaves much to be desired.
Crossmark
Retail Merchandising Exicution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 9, 2016
I would not recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a career or full time work. It is not a steady job and they take full advantage of the at will employment status. Communication within the company is horrible and the harassment you will endure from management is even worse. I worked there for almost 3 years at the same rate of pay because they do not do evaluations or raises. they claim part time but you will work at least 5 days a week sometimes 6 and an average of 4 hours a day. requesting time off is nearly impossible since the turn over rate is so high.
Pros
great for people collecting ssi or ssdi
Cons
discrimination and work place harassment from mangers. no pay increase.

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is against CROSSMARK company policy to endure any form of harassment or discrimination. Please send us an email at HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com to help address your concerns.

Solid Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 12, 2016
I enjoy working for Crossmark. I get flexible work and the management team tries hard to work around my schedule. Unfortunately, there are no pay increase incentives even when I am asked to work on different teams outside of the team I am already working. The benefits are very minimal, at least. Advance opportunities are listed on a job board but in a huge pool of employees, the younger crowd get the job over the long term or more experienced employees. I do enjoy the work and the people I have an opportunity to work with. I look forward to going to work every day and hope to get in as many hours as I can. I do prefer full time work but Crossmark will not offer merchandising reps full time. Although I have meet a few people that have been selected to receive full hours and better full time benefits. I would like this opportunity but don't know the right people to make it happen.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Fight to get steady work and healthcare benefits are minimal

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We will be sure to pass them along to the proper leadership teams!

Great Company, Room For Growth
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 12, 2016
I have been with CROSSMARK for 1.5 years and have seen the growth CROSSMARK has to offer, both personally and with coworkers. Management is always looking to promote from within and is supportive of employees who would like to do so. Very collaborative environment...all employees strive to support our clients and make CROSSMARK an industry leader.
Pros
Team, Growth
No advancment
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 7, 2016
You will do a variety of merchandising however no advancement in the job. you typically stay where you are at and not great pay or benefits
As an event specialist
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 3, 2016
Very simple job duties, work schedule extremely flexible. Ability to learn about new products and interact with customers in a positive manner. Most appropriate job for students and older citizens. There are no hard parts to this job
Pros
benefits, 30 min lunch breaks
Cons
not many work hours per week

Comment – April 14, 2016

We're glad you are loving your role at CROSSMARK! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Was a fun place to work
Retail Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Denver, IAFebruary 1, 2016
When I started with CROSSMARK. I loved my job. Flexible and fun. I love meeting new people and the work was always a change in projects. This kept me challenged.

Through the years I changed on 3 different teams. I finally stayed with the Wal-mart team. I was promoted to Trainer the last 4 years I worked for CROSSMARK. I had a very wonderful supervisor. I was very sad the day I finally realized that with the change of the new business structure my job had gone from fun and whimsical to hard core stressful and almost impossible to meet the time deadlines.

My drive time has always been high; however, I may have dove a great distance, but I was at one Walmart for 4-8 hours. This made the drive time worth it. But in the reticence change of events upon how store projects are assigned and were. The drive time spending each day was about 4 hours with maybe of 2 hours of work. This was no longer a wage earning situation. Ware and tear on my vehicle was higher then what I was making. Therefore, I was taking away from my incoume to support CROSSMARK not for me.

My love affair with my career with CROSSMARK was over and had to quite. But making monies to live on is also a business decision.
Pros
Met Many wonder people
Cons
Way too much driving
Tons of work!
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 30, 2016
Crossmark gives you tons of work and projects for a decent amount of pay. They just need better management. Other than that you'll have steady work with Crossmark.

Comment – April 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We will be sure to pass along your thoughts!

Comment – April 14, 2016

We're glad you're loving your time at CROSSMARK! We are working to enhance our management training to help individuals better develop their leadership skills. Stay tuned for updates!

Nice temporary job
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 2, 2015
A typical day would be to set up the demonstration cart with products, greet customers, and answer surveys to provide customer feedback.

I learned to be independent and self reliant. I learned how retail works and the importance of marketing execution.

Management was distant.

Wal-mart store employees were my co-workers and they were great to work with.

The hardest part of the job was to be patient during slow days and make sure every activity was performed no matter what the customer's feedback were.

The most enjoyable part was working with the customers and the Wal-mart employees.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
poor management and training
Unprofessional
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 3, 2016
I would not recommend anyone work here unless you really, desperately need a job. It sounds good but it's really not and too many people are scared to be real about it. The supervisor will be nice to your face as long as you do what she wants but will talk about you like a dog behind your back. She gossips and starts conflict on the job, what a way to lead. Also, you only get like 2 days on schedule unless you can make it at the last minute someone calls out. So even though it says $11 per hour you really won't have much at the end of the week. Not worth the time or extra stress!
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, spend most of your 30 mins in the lines. No paid overtime unless it's approved..

Comment – April 14, 2016

Hi there. We work hard to ensure that everyone has a positive work environment and would like to help you with this situation. Please send an email outlining your situation to HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com so that we can further investigate this. Thank you!

Un professional
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
Run don't walk..pass this CPG broker company up. Supervisors about 95% of them don't know the business..speak to you as if you are a child..yelling and screaming...hanging up on you when you couldn't get the store to do certain things ( SN: Hay its not your store or Crossmark store) ONLY PAYS 22 cent a mile. ..no over time...they even try to cheat you out of your normal work hours. Say they want suggestions for the client, but your suggestions don't even make it passed your Supervisor who will claim they know everything. It's not a sales position all it is-is just a merchandising position where you are packing out products and straightening up shelves. Most Supervisors don't know what a score card is or even what KPIs are ( key performance indicators). They send out tons of POP to your house after the fact. A technlogy driven company for get about it..they assign you a tablet, but you still have to carry around a folder with lots of paperwork inside. This organization is a joke
Pros
No late nights, weekly pay
Cons
Lack of communication. .no real training, 22 cent a mile

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are always working to improve as an organization. Please send us an outline of your experience and thoughts to HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com to help address these concerns. Thank you!

Exciting
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMarch 1, 2016
Everyday I had a new product(s) to sell and convince to customers that it was the item for them. I learned how to pitch and sell product of any sorts. Management was absolutely insane. I witnessed foul and dangerous behavior coming from a manager. The most enjoyable part was talking to customers all the time and cooking food for them.
Pros
Free Lunch

Comment – March 10, 2016

Hi there! We are glad you loved your time at CROSSMARK. We'd like to investigate further on the management issue that you mentioned as it is against our company policy. Would you please send us an overview to HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com so that we can look into and rectify that issue?

Friendly working environment for a part-time job.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GADecember 8, 2015
Being a part-time product demonstrator at Sam"s Club suited my schedule as I continued my education. Work environment was pleasant, co-workers were helpful and friendly. Management was unhappy when I turned down offer to be team lead, but school was more important and they understood and accommodated my schedule. The friendly rivalry between fellow demonstrators for best sales per week made the job interesting and fun.
Pros
independent work area
Cons
Equipment and utensils were not adequate to properly conduct demos. We often had to improvise.
Great part time job for the weekends
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 30, 2016
This company is awesome to work for. I get to do demonstrations of different items such as food, dairy, meats, and also electronics and toys for people to either taste or try out. It was a great place. The only thing I didn't like was that I had to travel to different walmarts and never stayed at the same one for more than a month. The bad thing is that this is only a part time job and ran from Thursday through Sunday.
Pros
Job started late in the morning, got to showcase different types of products
Cons
Had to travel a lot during my tenure there
Good place to work.
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 5, 2015
I enjoyed working at Crossmark and would work there again if an opportunity arose. They are good about training and follow up with management is quick. Hardest part of the job is that you work alone but have a lot of contact with store management. I looked forward to going to work each week.
Pros
Good management, pay was decent.
Cons
Better benefits for part time workers and auto reimbursement could be better.
Active, Fun, Variety filled
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 16, 2015
Active job; always on the go; provides variety. If you like to do a field position and travel from location to location, and improve sales in the retail field, this position would be a good fit for you.
Pros
Employees can work independently; set their own hours; ability to travel from location to location
Cons
long hours to make any real money; no pay raises
Too Good to be True
Retail Rep PT (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 6, 2015
I had high hopes when I was hired by Crossmark. But they were soon dashed! Like most places it all comes back to management. A company is only as good as it's people. All I can say is, the person I worked for was a pontificating, narcissistic, paranoid, micromanaging, BULLY! He never stopped talking about his authority as a manager to even draw breath. Funny, even with all of his blathering on and on, he never really said ANYTHING. This job is a cake walk. But with a micromanager that acts like your handling Plutonium or Class II Narcotics instead of butter and cheese.... well, it makes it not worth the aggrivation to get the flexible hours. Never worked for ANYONE like this guy, a real piece of work. Anyway, can't say that it's like this for the whole company, but my experience was horrible.
Pros
Flexible schdule
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Sales and Marketing
Walmart Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 31, 2016
a typical day is sales and merchandising. I set up a work station with merchandise for advertisement. Also, I purchase product from company credit card for sampling. The purpose is to promote the clients sales. Some days I cook and some days I have coupons. Follow food safety policy and training. The hardest thing about job was when the store did not sale product or had low stock. I think this job made me stronger in working with diversity
Pros
working in a diverse environment with people
Cons
not many benefits; only part time work offered

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for sharing that realistic job preview and your experience.

fun place to work
Data Field Agent (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 14, 2016
I synch my mc-55 off the internet to obtain jobs in my local stores, I print out the plans and authorization letters. travel to the stores check in with a member of managment, go complete the task sign out and travel to next location. I have learned alot over the last 5 years.the managment so far has been amazing I have some excellent bosses. My coworkers that I have had the pleasure working with were very helpfull and willing to teach me. The hardest part about my job is it dont offer many hours in my little town. The best part of my job is the stores the travel and setting my own hours.
Pros
travel, perks, people
Cons
hours

Comment – April 22, 2016

We're glad you're loving your role at CROSSMARK! Thank you for being a proud member of the CROSSMARK family!

My manager did not bother to show up to train me for my first shift
Pet Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GaMay 21, 2016
Lots of rah rah rah but little support. There is a large turnover because the local manager treats employees like children. She simply wanted a body in the store, regardless of whether the person was trained or not. Disappointing. I stayed for two shifts and did not get paid for the plethora of online training. Can't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
four hour shifts, interaction with customers
Cons
no upward mobility, constant packages sent which were to be given to customers, most of whom did not want them.

Comment – June 26, 2016

Hi there - thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. We'd like to address your concerns, can you please send us an email to HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com so that we can do so? Thank you again!

2.8