CrossMark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,423 reviews matching the search
fun place to work
Data Field Agent (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 14, 2016
I synch my mc-55 off the internet to obtain jobs in my local stores, I print out the plans and authorization letters. travel to the stores check in with a member of managment, go complete the task sign out and travel to next location. I have learned alot over the last 5 years.the managment so far has been amazing I have some excellent bosses. My coworkers that I have had the pleasure working with were very helpfull and willing to teach me. The hardest part about my job is it dont offer many hours in my little town. The best part of my job is the stores the travel and setting my own hours.
Pros
travel, perks, people
Cons
hours

Comment – April 22, 2016

We're glad you're loving your role at CROSSMARK! Thank you for being a proud member of the CROSSMARK family!

Great job to meet people!!
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the hours. They have been changed making it hard to find a babysitter after 6pm. I rarely ever have to actually work with anyone, my manager I rarely ever see, we text and email a lot. This job calls for a person to be able to execute the event on their own. I set up the demonstration booth, make contact with customers. I encourage customers to try the products offered, and I make sales.

I can not rate the CEO I have never meet them.
Pros
Use to be hours were during school and day care hours.
Cons
New hours conflict with daycare hours.

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Keep an eye out as we are working to develop a better scheduling tool that might work with your schedule for school and daycare!

Part time work with limited hours
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Streamwood, ILMay 14, 2015
The Event Specialist serves samples to Sam's Club members and encourages them to buy new products. Lately, there has been a lot of changes made in management and they have changed to having to do all cooking on the carts and none in the kitchen. This means no help anymore from team leads and having to stand around waiting for the food to cook. It is fun meeting all of the regular Sam's customers. Most are eager to sample and are happy to talk to you about what is being sampled. Hours have been reduced to no more than 24 hours a week usually only 12 to 18 hours a week, .Co-workers are friendly.
Pros
Medical benefits if you work 24 hours a week, 401K with match.work independently
Cons
Low pay, no raises, limited hours available.
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 24, 2015
I enjoy working with Crossmark they have a reasonable hourly salary, Great fun part time job,learn new ways to sale merchandise. you work close with consumers & management to sale & merchandise products.
Pros
Fun work place with great management and coworkers are like family
Cons
No benefits, Only part time 6 hours - to max 24 hours
Productive workplace
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSFebruary 28, 2016
Had to go into Walmart and roll out a cart and put posters and other displays onto the cart. Had to go purchase the product to be demonstrated for the day weather it be food, vitamins, drinks, or household goods. I would prepare the cart to be set up with product of the day and start handing out sample to potential customers. You would see and talk to alot of people in a six hour shift. The only thing i didn't like about was having to stand up for just about the whole six hour sift with only one thirty minuet break. The supervisor was very nice and easy to work for but some of the people that worked for wall-mart where not easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to please customers with a little snack while they shopped and it even compelled them to buy some of the products.
Success at reaching goals in sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be me handling food or product that customers would sample. I learned how to interact with people on a personal level and make friends with my customers. I increased in sales continuously and felt confident in anything i had to sell. Management was always good for the most part, it was really hard for me to get the hours i wanted for this job. The hardest part was the fact I didn't have the hours I expected. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the sales I achieved.

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad that you gained confidence throughout your time with CROSSMARK!

Great place to get experience when you are entering a new field
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to get experience to get in the door but the pay I difficult to live off. Great culture to work in. The co-workers are very friendly and often eager to help as the culture promotes more of a team atmosphere than individual.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Pay
i enjoy working and servicing the community
Events Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 3, 2015
I get a great sense of pride with events that clients compliment. They enjoy the quality and quantity of food they purchase and the prices are great.
Pros
great customer relation, good food and great prices
Cons
no enough working hours and no pay raises
Enjoyed working as Liaison and with many differant products
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 10, 2016
I schedule my work assignment at the beginning of the week that fit my schedule. I arrived at retailer (BJs) spoke to associates and or management to let them know I was there and what I would be doing to service them for the day. After completion of assignment's I would review them with associate in the departments I service and all assignments with store manager on duty.
Pros
work my own hours
Cons
not enough work hours and little control of product issues
Great Part time work, fun if you like enteracting with others.
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 23, 2016
Set up your cart to educate consumers on different Food or House hold Items and their uses. Management not always available to really help or fix your equipment having the store employees still all your merchandise or hide it so that you can not do your job. But overall working for Crossmark was Great would still be working for if they had jobs here in the City limits of Chicago.
Pros
Trying out new products
Cons
not always having enough or not get support from store Managment your working.

Comment – June 26, 2016

Hi there! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the CROSSMARK family! Please keep checking to see if we have positions open in your area - you can register at www.CROSSMARK.com/careers as well!

Productive Job
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 24, 2016
Great job to work for if you like making your own schedule, great management team, and there's really nothing not to like.
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
Limited full time positions, low pay

Comment – April 1, 2016

We're glad you're loving your role! Thank you for being a proud member of the CROSSMARK family!

Comment – April 14, 2016

We're glad you're loving your time at CROSSMARK! Thank you for being a proud member of the CROSSMARK family!

I love what I do!
RECRUITING TEAM LEAD CROSSMARK (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 4, 2016
I love going to work and working with my co-workers the team environment is great!
I build relationships with multiple divisions and field supervisors.
I learned a lot with CROSSMARK mostly the hiring process and how to get the candidate engaged and keeping them engaged.
Every day I go in and check emails and then plan my day as far as interviews and helping candidates through their on-boarding process. As a team lead I also do the reports for our teams and approving offers for other recruiters to ensure accuracy.
I think I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is building up my team so they can be the best.

Comment – March 10, 2016

We're so glad you are loving your time here at CROSSMARK! Thank you for being a proud CMKEmployee!

Great clients
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 8, 2016
Fun place to work if you are looking for something to do. Not the place if you need to live off the wages. The job requires you to demonstrate products and the only was you learn about them is by looking them up on the internet before you go to work. They don't give you a lot of information. I really enjoyed my job when I started and then was pushed into more work and no extra pay. My co-workers were all fun and easy to get along with but management was not.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Management is not great.
Direct deposit, and clear instructions
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 30, 2016
Wonderful supervisor, well run company, opportunity for 401k,
Treated fairly. Lots of demos that kept us very busy. We received supplies to preform our demos and hats and aprons and name tags to identify us as employees of CROSSMARK.
Pros
Able to have a 401k
Cons
No chance for higher wages
Most interesting job ever
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 15, 2016
I like the company, i liked the employees, and people i worked with. The customers were always nice, and friendly. Learnt alot about demos, food safety, and customer service. Good benifits including 401k, and health insurance.
Pros
401 k, easy job, benifits
Cons
not a whole lot of hours
A pretty good place to work
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 16, 2016
I was assigned a food product to prepare samples of and present to customers at Sams Club.

I learned about foods, how to prepare and serve them, and about cleaning up your mess at the end of the shift.

Manager was good but shift supervisor was unqualified and unsatisfactory.

Co workers were OK- nothing outstanding.

Hardest part of job was keeping up with the changing schedule.

Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with customers.
Pros
Good food, quiet environment
Cons
Some unqualified supervisors

Comment – April 22, 2016

Hi there! -We're glad that you're loving your role here at CROSSMARK! The nature of our business and our client's business is varied, but we are working on a better scheduling system. Stay tuned for updates!

Fun, easy, and flexible as far as hours go.
Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2016
Management needs improvement, HR issues tends to fall on deaf ears. Would like to see a more personal engagement from the higher up to help dissolve certain issues.

Comment – March 15, 2016

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We'd like to investigate the issues you mentioned further - you can send all concerns to HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com and we will follow up!

Comment – March 16, 2016

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We would like to assist in any way we can with the issues that you've mentioned. Can you please send an overview to HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com? Thank you!

Not a place I would reccommend.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, InAugust 10, 2015
We were outsourced to Crossmark in August of 2008. My job title was eliminated at the end of May 2015. In almost 7 years, things went from tolerable to miserable. I received no raises and I asked several times. My resource tools, computer, credit card, etc. were taken back and the standards for training were basically eliminated. I drove my own car around 33,000 miles per year with sub standard mileage reimbursement.
Pros
Ability to work on your own. As long as tasks were completed on time, no problem.
Cons
No benefits or raises. Driving forever.
Requires lots of physical stamina
event specialist/team lead (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Liked the pay, talking to people, was fine until I started developing problems with my legs and back from walking and standing for so many hours during the day. Also the Event Supervisor, while a lovely person had a tendency to be a bit pushy and a workaholic; she expected everyone around her to feel the same way, when one didn't one could be treated rather harshly. I was a team leader and found that the way I was expected to treat my co-workers was utterly deplorable.I resigned and while I miss the many friendships I developed there during such a short time, I have no wish to ever return to being an event specialist.
Pros
I got to do my grocery shopping where I worked, That made things very easy on me, as I didn't have to drive across town to do my grocery shopping.
Cons
Quite a bit of standing on one's feet all day. NOT a good thing for sciatica, arthritis or other health issues.
Sad when it ended
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 3, 2015
I really enjoyed this job and the only reason I no longer work for this company is because it was eliminated in my area at the time
Pros
Great pay and lots of travel
Cons
long hours and poor upper management

2.8