CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Found 1,814 reviews matching the search
Part time retail merchandiser
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2017
I have worked with Crossmark for 7 years, and have enjoyed my time with them. The company has grown and is always evolving. Management has been fair, sometimes unstable. Communication can be improved, and would like to see frequent pay increases with good evaluations and goals obtained.

Few pros many cons
Retail merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
Inconsistent hours, do not rely on this job if seeking full time job that is CONSISTENT. Pay is decent and weekly. You have to ask for hours and whatever is available you might have to take.. Probably best as a second part time.
Pros
Set your own schedule most of the time
Cons
No room for progression, pay, or benefits

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

I really enjoy working on this team.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work is very enjoyable, management is very good, I love my co-workers, everyday is a learning experience no matter how long you have been doing this work.
Pros
no pros
Cons
healthcare
June 26, 2017

We're ecstatic that you love working with your team and have gained so many great career skills! Thank you for being a proud member of the CROSSMARK family!

Productive and helpful
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 20, 2017
I think this was a good first job and this company really helped to try to make all employees feel comfortable at their workplace. They're good with pay per hour as well.
Pros
The pay and hours
Cons
No set days a week
June 26, 2017

We're glad you're loving your role at CROSSMARK! Thank you for being a proud member of the CROSSMARK family!

Great Company
Regional Manager of Events (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 20, 2017
I loved my job at Crossmark. I was able to move into upper management quickly (within the first year). My managers were very supportive of me and invested in me so I could move forward when the opportunity arose.
Pros
fun environment, highly supportive management
June 26, 2017

We're glad you have gained great skills and like the freedom the role offers! Congrats on your promotion!

easy, fun demo's
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORJune 19, 2017
Food demo's within Walmart. Stocked product, demoed food, gave reviews and recipe cards to customers. Cleaned, cart and made sure food nd safety standards were observed at all times
Pros
short wor kweek
Cons
not enough hours to maintain job
June 26, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at CROSSMARK. It sounds like you did a great job and learned a lot!

Great job!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 17, 2017
I love my job with Crossmark! It was only part-time so it gave me plenty of time for family life. I believe there was plenty of room for growth into higher positions.
June 26, 2017

We're glad you're loving your role at CROSSMARK and the flexibility that comes with the scheduling! Thank you for being a proud member of the CROSSMARK family!

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 17, 2017
I have a great work life balance. I was able to go back to school and pursue my Masters'. Everyone on my team is very helpful and want to see you succeed in life.
June 26, 2017

Wow, that's great! We're glad you are loving your role and agree that our roles are great for students!

Kept me busy every day I worked, which is what I liked about the job.
Glidden/Dyson Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 16, 2017
Learned how to tint paint,; set up displays; trained employees when necessary. Hardest part of this job was getting WalMart management to find time to talk to field rep.
June 26, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We're glad that you're loving your role here at CROSSMARK!

Unpredictable but self-driven job
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 16, 2017
Unlike a lot of marketing and sales job, Crossmark is relatively low-key, as you show up, set up your cart, perform the demo, and go home when time is up and report your hours on a website.

However, as a job where all your communications with anyone higher up than you is either by phone or a website that flat out does not work on anything but older versions of Internet explorer, this level of 'freedom' has a draw back. Communication issues are frequent, and you have to watch your schedule every day as especially since it's been bought out, the company will either assign or take away shifts sometimes with less than twelve hours of notice. When I resigned because I was moving, I had to notify my supervisors and HR no less than six times to keep them from trying to schedule me work.

The upper management is based in Texas and so the company assumes all states functions like Texas when it comes to advance notice for shift changes, breaks, and so on - you will often have to push to get them to acknowledge any workers rights you have in the state that you reside in. The support line hours are not very practical for the Pacific and Alaskan time zones, especially for sunday shifts.

It's not too bad a gig, but that depends on your tolerance for schedule watching and minor annoyances.
Pros
Low pressure compare to other marketing jobs, no micromanaging
Cons
unpredictability, company often fails to render promised bonuses, schedules can change on very short notice, upper management does not pay attention to state laws
June 26, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience - we're glad that you pointed out that much of the communication is through email or phone, as that is a integral portion of many of the positions.

Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 15, 2017
Good place to work at. Employees and management are good and work with you. Hours could be better and they don’t schedule much some days. Good if you have another job and need extra money

Love it
Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 14, 2017
I have worked for a lot of companies. My old job was so stressful I would have panic attacks! This is so easy going and no stress for me. So easy! We all get along great, manager is great to work with. Yes some people grab and go, but I'm getting paid to hand out free food. Who can argue with that lol.
Pros
Everyone gets along, lots of friendly people
Cons
Sometimes it slow and not alot of hours
June 26, 2017

Great coworkers, good break times
SALES EVENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 14, 2017
Working here was great. Hours are extremely flexible and manageable. The only problem was how easy it is for you to get lost in the system. Company policy requires you to work at least once every two months. Management, at least from my experience, does not keep very good track of how often you work.

See review
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 14, 2017
Worked for Crossmark for five years. By the time I left,(2yrs ago) Their culture had changed from a caring and flexible Rep orientated company to a "Do it my way or else company".
Pros
Cons
see comments
June 26, 2017

We value the time and efforts by all our team members as it is their involvement that enables us to achieve our goals. We’d like the opportunity to address your specific concerns directly. Please contact our Human Resources department via email at HRAnswerLine@CROSSMARK.com.

good if you want to work part time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 13, 2017
they only provide part time hours, nothing full time, not a good job if you have an family to provide for and bills to take care of, you will need to work another job.
June 26, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role. You can view our full time and part time openings on www.crossmark.com/careers .

horrible
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 13, 2017
This was a tough Jo. At times because they shipped to site the tools needed to perform the needed duties. So if everything wasn't there or the product wasn't available it made it difficult to perform the job
Pros
flexible
Cons
part time

Data Collection Associate
Data Collection Associate (Current Employee) –  at homeJune 12, 2017
The job is not hard but is really tedious and the hours per week are not consistant. But the hours are extremely flexible for a mother. That way you don't have to pay for daycare.
June 26, 2017

We're glad you enjoy the flexibility that comes with the scheduling and we agree that these roles are great for parents! Thank you for sharing!

Event Specialist
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 12, 2017
Crossmark is the Promotional company for Sam's Club. In my opinion the upper management is petty and so concerned with samples that they have no regard for good worker's. The turn over rate is very high and it is a shame because I loved dealing with the customers but the management was too strict as far as I was concerned. I sold out of the of the promotional items I was given on several occasions, however no bonuses were ever offered. I found this discouraging and not good practice for that size company.
Pros
travel reimbursement
Cons
lack of regard for employers

Easy to learn
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 11, 2017
It was very easy to learn the things that needed to be done for your section of the company. It was very nice because you can create your own schedule and pretty much work the pace you needed because you had 2 weeks to complete the few projects you were given.
June 26, 2017

We're glad you are loving your role and the flexibility that comes with the scheduling!

No training
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 11, 2017
My first day I didn't have anyone training me. Even though I knew what I was doing already, they still just threw me in there and excepted me to know everything
Pros
Only work with 5 people in on a team, other than that it's by yourself
Cons
Travel, everything over the computer, and no training

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience within your role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CROSSMARK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8