CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Employer Reviews

Good part time position
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), NCAugust 22, 2014
Pros: flexiable
Cons: not alot of opportuniny for advancement
Very flexible, good experience. You will definitely lean a lot about marketing and merchandising.
Great Place
Event Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2014
Great place to meet new people. Fast pace and great way to learn new products.
Good Job
Merchandising Reset Associate (Former Employee), Worked in Phoenix, AZ office in Plano, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week (40 hours)
Cons: very physically demanding. projects division closed ending work.
De-merchandised areas, changed lay out of area, built fixtures, re-merchandised area.
Job was a hard job physically so it was a goal to keep everyone lighthearted and upbeat.
Retail Sales Representative
Retail Sales Associate (vendor) (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSAugust 20, 2014
This is a great company to work for!! However, the supervisor you get may depends upon your success with this company and
No job security
Retail Merchandiser-L'Oreal Dedicated Team (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no job security
My position along with many others was dissolved and we were notified with nothing more than a conference call lead by someone reading a script.
Kmart is going downhill..
Data Representative (Current Employee), Concord, NCAugust 17, 2014
Pros: i was trained well.
Cons: no raises, no full-time work, below average management, unorganized.
A typical day at work for Kmart was running the cash register. I had to make sure there were no empty spaces in the checkout lines, clean, help customers, and take things back where they belong.

I learned how to effectively help customers. I dealt with a lot of unhappy customers every day and learned how to calm them down.

The management at Kmart – more... was below average. I never felt comfortable asking questions, was yelled at, did not feel good enough no matter how well I did, and did not feel respected.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the angry customers. There were plenty of them.

I did not enjoy much about this job. – less
I enjjoy Merchandising
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Washington and OregonAugust 15, 2014
Pros: i like working on my own a lot.
Cons: advancement was not the best, they kept sending me to areas not in my general area, and giving my area to others who just started.
They give you jobs to do such as remodeling, attaching coupons(IRC's), and auditing. You work with your computer to schedule your days and at the end of you workday you answer the questions on what they ask. My co-workers on the most past were fun to work with, we got along quite well.

I learned how to manage my time well with the jobs they presented – more... me with. – less
long difficult hours
Team Lead (Former Employee), coloradoAugust 13, 2014
my co-workers were more of a family than co workers a lot of traveling the hardest part of the job was an over night job
like working for them but part time
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Pinto Canyon, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: i set my own bracks
Cons: not very good inc.
worked in drywall for over 30 years.got layed off and started in homdepots doing lumber liked doing it and then got a job in walmart in the paint department also like that job at first was about 40 hours and last cut it down to around 20 yours.
Flexible position
Data Collection Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2014
As a Data Collection Representative, I collect manufacturer data for reporting purposes through surveys, scanning, and mystery shopping. I schedule my assigned stores and routes, visit each store and interact with management and employees, and report my findings to the manufacturer.
very fast pace and learning hom eimprovment, about products and about consumer.
Retail contracting supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2014
in this position to lead a crew in building and destructing displays of products in the store making products appealing to the customer called "resets". i participated in conference calls that allowed me to learn more how best to accomplish the end displays, multitasking, and providing input on issues that my team and i came across. the hardest part – more... of the job was the traveling. as the supervisor i carried 25+ stores across 4 adjoining states. the most rewarding part of the job completing many of the reset on or ahead of schedule. – less
Easy job if you can stand all day. Absoluetly terrible management
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee), State College, PAAugust 7, 2014
The job as a demonstrator was a fun job, easy if you are outgoing and enjoy talking to people. I thought that having to stand on concrete floors all day was made more difficult than it had to be, What is the use of standing when there are no customers in the store? Crossmark preferred to hire older people and standing for an entire shift (when not necessary) – more... irritated employees.
Terrible local management was the biggest problem. The Shift Supevisor brought her personal problems to work, she was a miserable human being. She was also dumb as a rock, and those were her good points. She couldn't manage her personal life, much less be a competent manager,
The area manager was not there enough to know what was going on, so she was out of touch.
I got tired of the miserable shift manager and the way the area manager scheduled my days/time even though we discussed it and came to an agreement about those issues when she interviewed me for the job. That agreement went out the window fast and I quit. – less
work
Data collection/retail merchandiser (Current Employee), La Junta, COAugust 7, 2014
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: not enough hours
like the flexibility, I schedule my own work on the days I want to and if I don't feel like working on a certain day then I just schedule work for another day as long as I meet deadline.
Great at first, going downhill fast
Customer Manager/Cosmetic Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Cranford, NJAugust 7, 2014
Not enough help, they pile too much on your plate to function.

Most of the division managers do not care about their employees and are never in the office. They don't support you or have your back in any situation.
Each day was an interesting experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2014
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: equipment failures and ever changing rules
We were on a strict time schedule and requirements changed frequently. I had to have a food handlers license and were required to follow the county rules as well as corporate rules. My co-workers were unique individuals, most were hard working and tried to follow all the rules in spite of changes.
The hardest part of job was passing inspections and – more... still being on the floor in time allotted and meeting goals for sales.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers interaction with me concerning the product I was promoting. – less
Job was ok
Territory manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor management
Job was ok. Good flexibility.poor management.the management played favorites with employees and gave promotions to peoplethat are not qualified for the job
fun job
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAAugust 6, 2014
fun to interact with customers while serving samples. had to come out and set up the cart for every event, pretty easy stuff. good pay. but the hours are only good if you have another job.
easy but a hassel
Re-tail Rep (Former Employee), Portage, MIAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: lazey team members
Easy job
Unmotivated co workers
Team Lead always Late
A lot of people slack off and leave one person left to finish job
Very Un organized
This company was created to service Osco Drug stores only.
District Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 4, 2014
Great company! The management was great as were the other employees.
Fun, interactive job that allows for creativity.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Sturtevant, WIAugust 4, 2014
The day begins by entering the store's back storeroom and locating our demo kits. Once we know what we need, we clean our carts and arrange them accordingly before we head out to the floor and set up our displays. At Sam's Club, I worked as part of a team with a team lead present at all times. At Walmart, I work as a stand-alone and am responsible for – more... purchasing demo supplies through the company.

Some demos, particularly those that do not involve food or beverages, may be more difficult to excite customers with. On such days, I will find ways to improve the aesthetic appeal of my cart, which in turn will draw more attention to my product.

The customers are what makes the job so enjoyable. It is wonderful to share recipes or tips with families, and to learn about them as well. Interacting with regular customers can help brighten their days, as well as my own. – less

About CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK helps clients in the consumer packaged goods industry get products in and out of stores. The company provides headquarter – Read more