CrossMark Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,424 reviews matching the search
Great people - Management not so much!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed the people I worked with, but definitely but was a good ole boys mentality. There was no consistency in the work place between supervisors. Some workers worked 20 hour weeks and some worked 50-60 hour weeks. I had a fantastic supervisor and enjoyed my time there, but hated the company politics and uncertainty. I feel like I earned a fair wage and my boss was fair, but again this was not typical across the board. The company seemed very top heavy, with not enough people doing the actual work. Also, it seems like the incompetent workers were hard to get rid of. The longer they stayed the harder they were to get rid of.
Pros
Free to do your job as you want.
Cons
No training or education budget.
Exciting,fun work place & friendly work enviornment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 28, 2016
My Co-workers are all friendly and awesome people. I would have never thought to find the perfect job. I learned how to be more open-minded and outgoing and have fun at work. Everyone comes in and is ready to work & is always so cheerful and positive. We work as a team to sell our products and do our best representation as an individual to self reflect our hard working skills and teamwork as a team. Management is awesome and very understanding. Always encourage one another to do and be the best we can be.
Great agency
Market Manager-Diageo (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 11, 2016
I worked l with my managers and learned a lot to ensure successful campaign implementation in my market. I worked a remote position and was able to communicate effectively with my counterparts. Unfortunately they were unable to keep the client contract I was working with.

Comment – April 14, 2016

Hi! We're glad you loved your time at CROSSMARK and learned so much! We do have open positions on other teams that might be up your alley - you can search for them at www.CROSSMARK.com/careers or contact recruiting directly at Recruiting@CROSSMARK.com to help place you!

Not enough hours
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 19, 2016
While working as a marketing sales team member, I felt as if I deserved more time promoting the products they were expecting to have high sales. I took much pride in serving the public with demonstrations and knowledge of the products but did not feel as if they were satisfied with their small sample and few moments we spent together. I believe there should have been more time spent on marketing while on the clock. As an employee I had to use quite a bit of my shift hours setting up and taking down my demonstration for the day which took away from the ability of the public to enjoy the product. Lastly, I had to purchase the product personally before hand. This took away from the customers time as well.
Creative atmosphere
Retail Supervisor Events (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2016
• Trained Event Specialists on company processes, policies, procedures, and position responsibilities
• Ensure quality execution by conducting audits and work-widths of Event Specialists and develop event execution skills and knowledge
• Monitored and managed expense metrics such as payroll time entries and additional expenses to maximize territory contribution
• Managed execution and overall performance of scheduled events by monitoring daily and weekly provided scorecards to ensure the highest level of on-date execution is met
Pros
Not a business setting
Cons
Stressful
Fun job and very enjoyable one
Event Specialists (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 28, 2016
A typical day would be standing for long periods of time and trying to pursue customers in to buying your product that you are demoing that day.
Pros
You gain experince in customer service and you also gain self confidence
Cons
Not very many hours

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience. One hidden benefit to the Event Specialist position is that you get to learn how to sell to the public without the pressure. We're glad that this helped you to gain self-confidence as well!

Great company great managers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2016
This was my first job entering back into the workforce so you can imagine how excited I was. I had an amazing staff of administrators already in place which was a huge benefit.

Responsible for the overall day to day operation of the facility, HR, 8 administrators, events/meetings and payroll.

Dealt with highly confidential issues.
very productive and nice workplace great people/manegment
Vendor Stocker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 14, 2016
I must say first there's nothing hard about the job ,me myself I call it a dream job best job I've ever had I became a great people person even started me off with building.
Pros
its just a GREAT job!!
Cons
n/a
very good
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 20, 2016
crossmark has been a good company for me, it has helped me improve my people skills, i started as a regular event specliast and got promoted to a leader of events for crossmark.
Pros
good pay, paid weekly, no one watching you all day
Cons
only part time
Love this job
Event specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 10, 2016
I have a good job. I have a wonderful supervisor. Her back up supervisors are just as wonderful. My only issue is that the job is only 12 hours a week in general. Occasionally 18 hours a week. I have a family to support. I need more than that.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
One lousy co-worker, short break, only 12 hours a week

Comment – March 16, 2016

We're glad you are loving this position! We are working to enhance our scheduling tools to offer more hours - stay tuned for updates!

slow paced job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Temple, PAJune 7, 2016
i was only given a couple days out of the week. Pay was every two weeks. Other employees were to themselves. I was a vendor inside of Sams club, giving out free samples of items and pushing out sales. I had a quota to meet by the end of each day.

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience with the CROSSMARK family!

Decent experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working independently and training online. The job was EXTREMELY boring, but I was working in a small town so it was slow. My boss was well mannered helpful. There was no talk of advancement. They ended up pulling the position that I held and offered to put me elsewhere but never did. I would go and check my company inbox and one day I was locked out and suddenly it was like I had never existed. My boss had told me that he couldnt send me to a city near me because that was in another regional managers area. Im not sure why I couldnt be referred but he left it at that. My pay was $10.5/hour, which I heard was low compared to similar companies. I wouldnt work for them again unless it was in a larger city.
Pros
weekly pay, go to lunch whenever you want, work independently
Cons
Boring, no benefits, and wouldnt transfer me elsewhere.
loved job in general
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 12, 2016
drive from store to store scanning displays and endcaps. Most of the managers were super when I needed something to be removed or repaired.
Pros
making my boss happy
Cons
sometimes the displays were hard to get to
Fun Place to work but difficult schedule.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 4, 2016
Worked about six and half hours a shift. Its fun working and helping customers in a working environment. The hardest part of the job was being constantly being on call to go to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
All ways had to be on call.

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad that you loved helping customers - that's the most important part of our role as an organization!

Retail Merchandising
Execution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXMay 21, 2016
Management, I lucked out and have an excellent Supervisor.
Work - Day to day work varies, could be slow like the past couple weeks and the paycheck reflects that. Also this isn't a 9-5 job, it's pretty much self motivation.

Comment – June 26, 2016

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we're glad you are loving your supervisor!

Great place to get experience when you are entering a new field
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to get experience to get in the door but the pay I difficult to live off. Great culture to work in. The co-workers are very friendly and often eager to help as the culture promotes more of a team atmosphere than individual.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Pay
It was fun and excting
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 25, 2016
I loved working with this company and I would love to work with them again. i enjoyed each and every customer. I was truly excited to greet and talk them in to getting something they didn'even know they needed. It was GREAT !!!

Comment – June 26, 2016

That is exactly the type of attitude we are looking for! Thank you for serving customers well and being so passionate about your role - we're proud to have you within the CROSSMARK family!

Retail Service Represtitve
Retail Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 21, 2016
On you own with management being out of state and communicate thru email or phone. Auditing Walmart's to check on inventory of slow sales and high inventory.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Too much driving.
Nice place to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 10, 2016
Productive and nice place to work unfortunately ownership change and got rid of seasoned employees to pay new workers lesser wages.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Change in ownership prompting a change in management

Comment – June 26, 2016

We're glad you liked your time with the CROSSMARK Family! Thank you for sharing!

no where to go
Field Intelligence Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 6, 2016
new employees to the company make more than existing employees. the work is not very consistant. Either to much work or not enough to make it worth while. The driving for jobs sometimes takes longer than the job itself,
Pros
flexibility of hours
Cons
not enough work

Comment – March 10, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will be sure to pass it along to the proper leadership teams!

2.8