CROSSMARK

1.1K reviews

CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Progressive company
Retail Rep (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: New items
I had the opportunity to hone sales skills and improve my merchandizing ability. I met some nice people and saw lots of interesting scenery while doing my job.
Demostrator
Retail Demonstrator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good money
Cons: jobs are not consistent may have couple of weeks with no hours
I have fun learning about new products that companies are coming out with to enrich consumers lives. Like seeing people smile when they recieve great deals on products. Loving working with Crossmark.
Not in ideal forever job
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: Paid good
Cons: poor management communication
It's a good job for retirees and people who just wants a few hours or so a week. It's not forever job. Asking for time off was like pulling teeth. Poor communication with management and management is always changing. hours vary from 6-30 hours a week.
food product demonstrator
Event Specialist-Set (Former Employee), 3735 Union Rd.May 25, 2015
Prepared, cooked, and served a variety of food products to customers. The hardest part of the job was not having the product to do the right food demonstration with. The best part of the job was when a customer tried the demo and purchased the product being demoed.
very interactive job
Brand Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: standing on your feet for long hours
A typical day at work involved me communicating with customers and allowing them to take samples and ask questions about various products
Fast-paced company.
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: Constantly changing
Cons: Constantly changing
Typical work day includes multi-tasking, sharp priority management, strong persuasion skills, and a never ending tank of energy.
Above average company to work for.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: Overall a good company
Cons: Could use more hours.
Very flexible hours. Could work more days. You may work one day or three days. Could be better if you know you have a certain amount of days per week.
Love it
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Robinson, ILMay 22, 2015
My only thing is their should be on hands training for new staff all you get is a phone call and computer training. Other the that I love what I do. I pretty much plan my own schedule.
GREAT COMPANY
Recruiter, Texas Territory (Current Employee), HOUSTONMay 20, 2015
Pros: EXPERIENCE
Cons: LIMITED GROWTH
GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
GROWING IS LIMITED REGARDLESS OF THE SENIORITY.
CO WORKERS ARE FANTASTIC.
MOST ENJOYABLE IS THE FUN PARTICIPATION.
company had high demands, supervisor I worked with comunicated poorly with me
Lead events specislist (Former Employee), Sams wearhouse in sandfly, Savannah, GaMay 19, 2015
Pros: worked well with the public, enjoyed serving the members
Cons: managment wasn't cooperative, supervisor lacked knowlege of how to run the business
Had many responsibilities that I tried to meet but per my supervisor wasn't able to meet. When I did what was suppose to be done, although my supervisor stated she wanted leads that would take the initiative, I would get in trouble. communication wasn't the best. too mush favoritism, she had her pick of who she liked, no matter how much I tried to do right it always seemed to be wrong for her.
Productive and fun workplace
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 18, 2015
Productive and fun workplace with long breaks and I get to interact with customers inside of several Walmarts that I get to go to.
Great Company, Diverse, Very Technical
Merchandiser Representative PT (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Own Schedule, Descent Pay, Benefits
Cons: Not Enough Full Time Positions In Field
Love This Company, Always something different. Various Client To Service, Lots of work to keep people employed, very big company.

Make your own schedule. Very leading edge with technology.
It's OK
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMay 17, 2015
Pros: Flexilbility, strong starting pay
Cons: Long stretches standing in one place
Products promoted changed from one day to the next. Training is minimal with a high learning curve. Work can be exciting and times, dreadfully slow at other.
Not what I really want, too strict.
DEMO REP (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free BJs membership.
Cons: No drink or bath room break.
Not allowed to have a drink while on your shift for 6 hours not even water, and no bath room breaks unless someone comes over to relieve you.
It was okay at the beginning, until the supervisor was changed😒
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJMay 16, 2015
Pros: free samples, some nice employees
Cons: no hours, forever getting picked on
Never got hours and was always blamed for the wrong thing. Hours are taken away. If they need to change something, they let you know through email without warning.
Crossmark:
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Calais, MEMay 16, 2015
Pros: Sales experience
Cons: No healthcare benefits
Crossmark is a global online company based in Arkansas. I liked them when I began working for them, but toward the end of
my stint,they expected more than I was led to believe was required of me. I enjoyed dealing with people and the camaraderie with my fellow event specialists. But, there were no benefits available even after two years of employment. Then, I married and
my life is not my own. I was pulled in too many directions. When I was transferred to the Calais Wal Mart the commute was just too much time and money to justify my continuing employment.
Fun and friendly work environment
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay for work required
Cons: Not enough scheduling
Easy going and not too demanding job. Great for those seeking part time work, secondary job/in school. The biggest problem is inconsistent work weeks.
Part time work with limited hours
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Streamwood, ILMay 14, 2015
Pros: Medical benefits if you work 24 hours a week, 401K with match.work independently
Cons: Low pay, no raises, limited hours available.
The Event Specialist serves samples to Sam's Club members and encourages them to buy new products. Lately, there has been a lot of changes made in management and they have changed to having to do all cooking on the carts and none in the kitchen. This means no help anymore from team leads and having to stand around waiting for the food to cook. It is fun meeting all of the regular Sam's customers. Most are eager to sample and are happy to talk to you about what is being sampled. Hours have been reduced to no more than 24 hours a week usually only 12 to 18 hours a week, .Co-workers are friendly.
This is a great opportunity, to learn about Marketing, and all aspects of promotion of a product.
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: A great learning experience in Marketing and Direct Customer Service.
I developed excellent customer service skills.
I learned a lot about doing demonstrations.
I learned to report online.
I really loved this job.
I setup and took down my own events, prepared products, showed the various ways they could be cooked.
I would usually sell out a product on that day.
I trained new help as part of my job.
Exciting
Events Specialist (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 11, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: its primarily just weekend work
If you like people and enjoy doing food tastings and demonstrations. Then this is the place for you. Alwsays fun preparing different foods. Something different everytime you work.
Headquarters