Crossroads Family Shelter seeks a Full-Time Family Advocate with an evening schedule 3-11pm evening and weekends to provide supportive services to homeless families living in our congregate shelter program.
Duties include front-line assistance with daily operations; basic counseling, advocacy, and referrals; implementing shelter policies, procedures and rules; maintaining accurate documentation; working in coordination with the service team, including fellow Family Advocates, Case Managers, and Housing Search Specialists; and performing light cooking and cleaning duties.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma (college degree preferred); 1-2 years of experience in human service settings (residential experience preferred); and demonstrate flexibility, optimism, teamwork, professionalism, and a commitment to helping homeless families pursue a more hopeful future. CORI background check is required. Preferred candidates will be fluent in English and Spanish.
Interested candidates should reply to this posting and submit a cover letter and resume.
- Compensation: $13.91-14.69 per hour
- This is at a non-profit organization.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.