- Minimum experience required in last 2 years of 1 full year experience with multiple lenders
Part time or full time position s
Analyze and pre-qualify applicant information to determine viability of the clients desired loan program.
- Pull credit, analyze credit, and compare accuracy with the mortgage borrower’s statements.
- Correct inaccuracies and determine the correct loan options for the borrower based upon the applicant’s current situation, future plans and preferred loan product.
- Provide guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of each program the applicant is qualified for.
- Effectively explain and communicate the terms of each product and ensure all documents necessary are signed by the borrower(s)
- Obtain all initial documentation required based upon the applicant(s) selected loan program and the 1003 including all disclosure requirements.
- Provide loan package to the loan processor for review, stacking and pre-submission audit.
- Work with the Loan Processor to provide any letters of explanation, or additional or additional documentation as necessary and required by underwriting to clear all conditions and close each loan.
- Maintain a working file for the office as required for compliance
- Participates in training for marketing, sales, and scenario techniques to effectively sell, package and close consumer mortgages
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
- Extended viewing of CRT screen.
- May include local or overnight business travel.
Support and provide assistance to the MLO/Mgr with all aspects of the mortgage loan origination process and expedite the accurate submission of the loan application to processing and underwriting approval.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures appropriate information and data is entered into the loan origination system on behalf of the MLO/Mgr. Develops a good faith estimate and ensures the good faith estimate is sent to the client in a timely manner as required by regulation.
- Assists the MLO/Mgr in building and maintaining client relationships through the identification of their expectations and financial needs
- Monitors and audits the return of the application package and checklist items and communicates with the client, MLO/Mgr and processing if other items may be required.
- Provides assistance and administrative support to the MLO/Mgr with day-to-day non complex activities in order to maximize sales production levels to include, timely submission of the loan application to processing, creates and updates reports for the mortgage teams, redirects calls from internal and external clients; coordinates meetings and conference calls; composes and handles general correspondence; faxes and photocopies as needed.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies, lending practices and regulatory statues
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industry. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers' needs.
- Adhere to confidentiality policy, code of ethics and follow all policies and procedures relative to Consumer Compliance laws and regulations and best practice recommendations.
local mortgage company is looking for an experienced Mortgage Assistant that knows the set-up end and GFE. Previous experience in a CSR or set-up position is ideal. Prior knowledge of the mortgage industry and the forms used required.
Job Duties include (but not limited to), splitting out forms in E-folder, uploading funding packages, and other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US
- A minimum of two supervisory references
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
Indeed - 19 months ago