This position is full time (32 hours). Sat and Sun shifts are 8PM-8AM (24 hours) and one shift will be Thurs or Fri (8 hours). Must have HHA in addition to CNA.
REPORTS TO: ON CALL ACD / CLINICAL DIRECTOR
1. Provide personal care and assist with activities of daily living according to the direction received from the Hospice nurse case manager and the Plan of Care.
2. Be available for assigned, on-call schedule to perform scheduled and emergent visits as dictated.
3. Perform office duties, such as filing, documentation review, quality assurance reviews when not performing direct patient care visits as dictated by management.
4. Monitor patient response to care given and report to the case manager RN/ Team Leader, On Call Assistant Clinical Director and/or Clinical Director when desired outcome is not achieved.
5. Submit documentation the following business day.
6. Follow the Hospice Aide assignment sheet as established by the Registered Nurse.
7. Perform household services essential to maintaining a safe and comfortable environment.
8. Assist with additional duties as required/assigned by the Registered Nurse or Clinical Director.
9. Participate in the Interdisciplinary Group meetings, if requested.
10. Make necessary changes in work plan to compensate for emergency situations and inform the Registered Nurse or Clinical Director of such changes as they occur.
11. Demonstrate proper use and utilization of patient care equipment.
12. Perform necessary teaching with patient and/or primary caregivers.
13. Responsible for maintaining complete confidentiality of patients’ records, and all other confidential information which may be received during the course of patient care, including financial information and personal records.
14. Demonstrate a professional approach to patients, significant others, physicians, appropriate staff personnel, and others.
15. Participate in the QAPI Program activities.
16. Comply with policies and professional standards.
17. Adheres to assigned schedule as established by the Registered Nurse, On Call Assistant Clinical Director, or Clinical Director and immediately notifies them of any changes to schedule prior to the change.
18. Act independently and responsibly to perform duties on a consistent basis.
19. Demonstrate financial responsibility in developing and facilitating delivery of care.
20. And any other duties assigned by the Executive Director, Clinical Director and/or Assistant Clinical Director.
21. Must work well with others.
22. Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
23. Must be able to lift, at minimum 25 lbs. without restrictions.
24. Perform Continuous Care, EvenMore Care™ and/or Watch Status duties as deemed necessary.
25. Must be available for aide after-hour on-call support as dictated by schedule.
26. Promote, provide, and assist with the Gift-of-A-Day program / activities, as deemed necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in all types of environments, based on patient location. Works in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, long term care facilities, assisted living facilities, and private homes, including patients in low socioeconomic status/areas. Exposure to unpleasant sights, smells, and infectious diseases highly probable. Work schedule averages 40 + hours per week, not including back up on call rotation. May need to work overtime as need arises. Holiday, after hour and weekend work as dictated by schedule.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Long periods of standing or sitting. Normal hearing and sight are necessary.
My job requires that I lift: FREQUENTLY
A. Up to 10 lbs.
B. 11 - 24 lbs.
C. 25 - 34 lbs.
D. 35 - 50 lbs. *
E. 51 - 74 lbs. *
F. 75 - 100 lbs. *
G. Above 100 lbs.*
*Any lifting of 35# or more requires the use of an assistive device and/or physical assistance.
*EXPOSURE CATEGORY = 1
1. Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. This includes all procedures or job related tasks that involve inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or potential spills or splashes of them.
2. Tasks that do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue, but exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate protective measures are readily available to these employees when needed.
3. Tasks that involve NO exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue and Category I tasks are not a condition of employment.
1. High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
2. Must be certified by the state as a nurse’s aide with an unrestricted, active aide certification.
3. Three (3) to six (6) months of current experience as a Hospice Aide or Nurse’s Aide required. (Home Health Aide certification when required by specific state regulations.)
4. Hospice or Home Health Agency experience preferred.
5. Must exhibit or demonstrate the ability to learn computer skills related to required clinical software and electronic clinical record utilization.
6. Ability to work autonomously.
7. Must have personal automobile vehicle / reliable transportation to independently perform travel to and from patient visits.